New AppleHDA Patcher

Mirone

306 posts in this topic

Ok, here are my files, but i'm on 10.11.2, not on 10.10.2

I use no DSDT, CrsActiveConfig 0x67

Updated to 10.11.3, did not solve the problem with AppleHDA, hoping in a new one....i see that repairing permission with Kext wizard it's too quick, maybe it not repair permission or it's normal?

Going crazy

10.11.2.7z

Ok, here are my files, but i'm on 10.11.2, not on 10.10.2

I use no DSDT, CrsActiveConfig 0x67

Updated to 10.11.3, did not solve the problem with AppleHDA, hoping in a new one....i see that repairing permission with Kext wizard it's too quick, maybe it not repair permission or it's normal?

Going crazy

I think that you need to extract your dsdt and patch it  using the provided patch (by RehabMan ) in MironeAudio/10ec0269/272.XXX/DSDT Patches/system_IRQ.txt

This is needed to make Audio works in laptops, and basically this patch reallocate iRQ in a way like Apple does.... and is required to make AppleHDA in a working state 

hey Micky and Mirone,

so, I did some testing with aDummyHDA.kext with at least 3 reboots, rebuilding caches and so on:

aDummyHDA.kext in S/L/E - working randomly

aDummyHDA.kext in EFI/Clover/kexts/10.11 - not working at all

DummyHDA.kext in S/L/E - not working at all

DummyHDA.kext in EFI/Clover/kexts/10.11 - not working at all

so I am still stuck at a random working audio with aDummyHDA in S/L/E

I grabbed two IoReg when Audio is working and when it isn't, perhaps you can find anything wrong?

ioreg.zip

hey Micky and Mirone,

so, I did some testing with aDummyHDA.kext with at least 3 reboots, rebuilding caches and so on:

aDummyHDA.kext in S/L/E - working randomly

aDummyHDA.kext in EFI/Clover/kexts/10.11 - not working at all

DummyHDA.kext in S/L/E - not working at all

DummyHDA.kext in EFI/Clover/kexts/10.11 - not working at all

so I am still stuck at a random working audio with aDummyHDA in S/L/E

I grabbed two IoReg when Audio is working and when it isn't, perhaps you can find anything wrong?

Remove/disable the ForceKextsToLoad in your config.plist.

Correct procedure to rebuild cache when using AppleHDA injector:

- boot without caches (from Clover menu)

- rebuild cache

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /
- reboot normally
  • Like 1

BTW the aDummyHDA.kext will never works in EFI/CLOVER/kext because a function in the binary ("IOAudioDeviceLocalizedBundle:") used to return the path for the "Resources" folder inside the bundle of the given kext as argument... require aDummyHDA.kext installed and loaded (with correct permission, that also means that must be on an hfs filesystem) to be founded using <IOKit/Kext/KextManager.h>..

..but that can't be done inside an EFI partition umounted and formatted with fat32..

Ok, all solved thanks to micky who helped me to patch my DSDT, otherwise there was no chance to have my audio working....CrsActiveConfig 0x03, AppleHDAPatcher with ALC 269 VB1, i used generated aDummyHDA.kext, installed with Kext Wizard, repaired permission and after reboot my audio was perfect...thanks guys

• Like 1

Hi Micky1979 and Mirone!

I'm having a "small" problem here.

Basically until some days ago I had used the probably "old" AppleHDAPatcher 1.1 on Mirone's github (https://github.com/Mirone/AppleHDAPatcher) to patch my AppleHDA.

Now I did a clean reinstall and wanted to try the aDummyHDA method (to keep vanilla AppleHDA), and found out about this newer patcher that provides the aDummyHDA. Unfortunately in the app there isn't the patch I was using before. It was the one for the laptop "ALC269-AsusN53sm". 

I have already tried the ALC269 N53J/G73S/VB v1/VB v2/VB v3 but none of these work. To be more precise with the ALC 269 VB v1 and v2 the audio symbol in the top bar is active but there is no audio, with the others the audio symbol is gray (I already did the clover injection).

So I'd like to understand what do I have to change to adapt those to my needs? Or is it possible to include that patch in the patcher?

To be sincere, even though I was successfully using the ALC269-AsusN53sM patch, I have the AsusN53sN, in fact my verbs are different from the one of the patch, but however it was working (correcting the hdaconfig with my verbs before dragging the folder to the patcher).

I attach my linux dump and my hdaconfig if it can be useful.

Grazie mille!! ;)

PS: I also did another test. I opened in Xcode the aDummyHDA created using ALC269 VB v2 and found the line where the verbs are coded, so I changed them with my string of verbs, but it didn't work. Is there a way also to do it manually? Thank you very much!

codec_dump.txt

hdaconfig.txt

verbs.txt

Did a bit of research, I found out that this macbook air model has a combo jack for headphones / mic : https://support.apple.com/kb/SP670?locale=en_US

As you can see under audio it tells: 

• Support for Apple iPhone headset with remote and microphone

So can't we find out what codec does this model use and check the pathmaps for the audio layout in appleHDA kext?

Remove/disable the ForceKextsToLoad in your config.plist.

Correct procedure to rebuild cache when using AppleHDA injector:

- boot without caches (from Clover menu)

- rebuild cache

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /
- reboot normally

this is driving me nuts..

Thanks for the right way to rebuild the caches in ElCapitan RehabMan, if I do this, Audio will be fine for the next boot.

After the next reboots, system loses Audio again randomly. Sometimes Audio works, sometimes it doesn't without installing/changing anything.

The ioReg I posted above is still valid, the obvious differences I could find are:

When working:

AFGLowPowerState existent and has Value <03 00 00 00>

PinConfigurations has a Value <10 40 11 90 f0 11 11 41 f0 11 11 41 20 90 a0 90 60 90 81 02 40 30 81 01 50 40 21 01 f0 11 11 41 01 c6 04 40 30 61 4b 01>  otherwise it is empty

aDummyHDA - loaded

AppleHDA - unloaded

AppleHDAController - loaded

AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver - loaded

When not working:

Kexts loaded according to System Information:

aDummyHDA - loaded

AppleHDA - unloaded

AppleHDAController - loaded

AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver - unloaded

I appreciate any hints, the overall configuration seems to work but something is still broken -.-

I remember, but I thought it was really easy to know that one need to repair permissions after installing a kext. Some even thought that kexts generated were already installed :cry:

But to the end audio should also not work if old and incompatible patches are left inside DSDT/SSDT or a HDADisabler.kext is installed. Maybe we have to implement jarvis:

maxresdefault.jpg

:hysterical:  joke :hysterical:

...(verily, we can do much :P )

• 2 weeks later...

since last year early i couldn't enjoy full appleHDA sound quality, it will and stop after the next reboot, but at this moment i just wanna say Micky & Mirone in great full and may you be blessed, both of you.

by the way I'm using Lenovo G510 (I5-4600 on board graphics, 6gb, 500gb, on OS X 10.11.3)

Conexant CX20757