New AppleHDA Patcher

Mirone

306 posts in this topic

The created kext contains all 3 layouts. To choose one you have to inject the layout ID using a kext like HDAEnabler, Clover's plist or a DSDT/SSDT edit.

I'm using Chameleon since it's seems much easier to use compared to Clover. Any ideas on how to DSDT edit?

I tried "installing" the combo below to SLE which resulted in no sound. But I didn't edit my DSDT either. Thanks a lot! :)

-----------------------------------------

As I said above when I selected my chipset (ALC889), I was given an option to pick ALC885 or ADI1984.

Here are the 4 combos I've tried.

1. ALC885 + HDAEnabler7

2. ALC885 + HDAEnabler9

3. ADI1984 + HDAEnabler7

4. ADI1984 + HDAEnabler9

This is the back of my board.

5038.jpg

If you haven't done DSDT edits before, it's easier to just use HDAEnabler.

From the menu in the patcher app choose HDAEnabler and enter the layout ID you want it to use. Then install the kext and reboot.

Once you're using Chameleon you'll need to use the patched AppleHDA.kext. The dummy kext won't be any use as Clover is needed to patch the AppleHDA binary on-the-fly to inject your audio codec.

So install HDAEnabler with the layout ID you want and the patched AppleHDA.kext.

• Like 1

From the menu in the patcher app choose HDAEnabler and enter the layout ID you want it to use. Then install the kext and reboot.

Once you're using Chameleon you'll need to use the patched AppleHDA.kext. The dummy kext won't be any use as Clover is needed to patch the AppleHDA binary on-the-fly to inject your audio codec.

So install HDAEnabler with the layout ID you want and the patched AppleHDA.kext.

and inject layoutID in config.plist, yes or not?

as I said above, I tried 7 and 9 HDAEnablers (which I got from here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298663-applehda-for-yosemite/)in conjunction with patched AppleHDA and OS X settings says there's no output device.

When I checked "System Report", Audio devices is empty. But Intel HDA shows up and ID corresponds to the HDAEnabler number in use.

Any thing I could've done wrong? maybe it's not possible because I'm using AMD?

thanks again! :)

and inject layoutID in config.plist, yes or not?

Not in mrjayviper's case. He's using Chameleon so no config.plist. You only need to use one of those three options to inject the layout ID.

as I said above, I tried 7 and 9 HDAEnablers (which I got from here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298663-applehda-for-yosemite/)in conjunction with patched AppleHDA and OS X settings says there's no output device.

When I checked "System Report", Audio devices is empty. But Intel HDA shows up and ID corresponds to the HDAEnabler number in use.

Any thing I could've done wrong? maybe it's not possible because I'm using AMD?

thanks again! :)

I can't check now but I'm assuming the patched AppleHDA that's created here is binpatched. Working HDA needs three steps: binary-patched HDA, layout ID injected and xml files injected. If any one of those isn't done the band can't play.

AMD shouldn't make any difference.

The other option is to use VoodooHDA, but I just prefer AppleHDA.

AppleHDA.kext works in rare case on AMD machine (not my words), look here:            #1882            ,

..and of course the exception that proves the rule:            #1890            

I'm using Chameleon since it's seems much easier to use compared to Clover. Any ideas on how to DSDT edit?

I tried "installing" the combo below to SLE which resulted in no sound. But I didn't edit my DSDT either. Thanks a lot! :)

-----------------------------------------

As I said above when I selected my chipset (ALC889), I was given an option to pick ALC885 or ADI1984.

Here are the 4 combos I've tried.

1. ALC885 + HDAEnabler7

2. ALC885 + HDAEnabler9

3. ADI1984 + HDAEnabler7

4. ADI1984 + HDAEnabler9

This is the back of my board.

5038.jpg

You should use 9. 

A ioreg v2 should be intresting to see. Also running kextstat, you can find the HPET loaded?

For the DSDT, check new AppleHDA Patcher v1.1, it will provide you the patch to apply with MaciASL (ready to be used with the layout-id chosen)

• Like 2

Hi, Mirone 

Just a suggestion  :w00t: 
For the application to be complete, maybe it would be boring to generate a script to automate the intergration in the config.plist and copy the aDummy in S / L / E

Thx again for your work

Fred :thumbsup_anim:

Hi, Mirone 

For the application to be complete, maybe it would be boring to generate a script to automate the intergration in the config.plist and copy the aDummy in S / L / E

Thx again for your work

This is not done, why it is up to the user to decide whether to use
or not to use Dummy.kext
but maybe an option of installation can be implemented,
Micky and I would have to talk about for a future release.

This is not done, why it is up to the user to decide whether to use
or not to use Dummy.kext

of course!

but maybe an option of installation can be implemented,
Micky and I would have to talk about for a future release.

It would be great

thank you again

Hi, Mirone 

Thx again for your work

naah..

Guys I think you not need that.... (let me finish a new app for that..... something is coming  :D )

PS

this app will never use scripts, only code   :P

• Like 2

A screenshot from new AppleHDA Patcher v1.1 and files generated:

post-674334-0-34816700-1448396093_thumb.png

Guys, if you drag your Clover's config.plist this will be automatically adjusted to work with the AppleHDA.kext/aDummyHDA.kext generated!

The app now ask for the layout-id immediately:

post-674334-0-30508200-1448396689_thumb.png

In case of Mirone Desktop's patches the choice is limited to 5, 7 or 9. For Mirone Laptop's patches the app ask anything (use layout-id 3 by default).

For your own files you can type the number you want!

• Like 1

So, there is still no way to use untouched AppleHDA.kext with a dummy kext in EFI with clover, even with VBoxHFS.efi?

I tried to do a new patch, but have failed...

AppleHDA use a function to find the "Resources" folder of a given kext as argument: AppleHDA (can be any other)

But assuming that will work OSX will find that kext using <IOKit/Kext/KextManager.h> so the kext should be available on the file system and loaded. From EFI folder this will never happen, and you have to install to SLE anyway

The Pike's Dummy kext appear to be ATM the best option.

I did not want to offend you  :wink_anim:

For what? I'm not offended :P

I'm just a handyman   :yes:

Me too :D

I want use code because is stable, more elegant... oh yes I like to make it scriptless :hysterical:

You can say what you like, but don't tell use script (is for me like a kryptonite for SM :hysterical: ) 

joke :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical: , many times I use scripts... only I hope to not longer do it.... if I can

• Like 1

do I need to use the AppleHDA.kext that was installed in the Hackintosh? or can I use any AppleHDA? I patched the KEXT that came from my MBPr. Both are running 10.5 though. thanks again

must the original AppleHDA in S/L/E

do I need to use the AppleHDA.kext that was installed in the Hackintosh? or can I use any AppleHDA? I patched the KEXT that came from my MBPr. Both are running 10.5 though. thanks again

could provide us your AppleHDA vanilla,

for 10.10.5?

• Like 2