El Capitan on GA-Z170X-Gaming 5

Cyberdevs

769 posts in this topic

I will send you the ioreg soon, but at first let me check some things with you.

1. At first attempt system didn't boot at all maybe that's because I didn't remove all the ssdt files from ACPI, after removing all the ssdt files. system booted normally.

2. Hardware sensors don't work even with my old FakeSMC.

3. My Front Header USB ports doesn't work any more.

it's good.

run kext utility, reboot and test usb, etc

usbinjectall Does the work

for sensors, try it, but without GPU Sensors, problems wit Pascal

FakeSMC.kext.zip

if u can, post ur full clover here, remove ur serials ;)

It's OK, I use a spare copy of my config.plist which uses a different serial number that I actually use, so don't worry about that :D

I already posted the EFI folder and it's attached to my previous post. you can find it there.

BTW I got my FakeSMC with GPU sensor to work with no problem with my new Pascal graphics :)

• Like 1

It's OK, I use a spare copy of my config.plist which uses a different serial number that I actually use, so don't worry about that :D

I already posted the EFI folder and it's attached to my previous post. you can find it there.

BTW I got my FakeSMC with GPU sensor to work with no problem with my new Pascal graphics :)

ohhhh, good

this version

http://www.hwsensors.com/releases

i found problems with pascal, i used only Intel Power Gadget and check only processor now  ;)

All is OK now?

last two days i have many problem with clover, the last versions is "hard"

It's weird!

All my sensors are gone even if I boot from my older EFI folder which I was using earlier this morning!!!

I found a version of HWMonitor from http://hwsensors.com/public/HWSensors.6.25-12-g23039705.1438.Binaries.dmgand it was working great with all the sensors specially GPU sensor.

But now their all gone :D

if u put in Clover/Kexts/Others or S/L/E, work, may two days i have many many problems with inject kexts, i try compiled with 4068 Clover and nothing

Run it and reboot two times

Olarila.command.zip

Just it

sudo nvram -c
sudo purge
sudo rm -f /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache && sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /
sudo update_dyld_shared_cache -force
  • Like 1

Pewwwwwwwh! I restored my EFI folder from two days back and I deleted the caches and now it's back to normal :)

Thanks anyway ;)

Their back :D

as you can see the GPU sensor is working and I'm happy.

I usually use /EFI/Clover/Kexts to install all the additional kexts so when I do a system update they will stay untouched.

post-1011040-0-03393500-1493995123_thumb.png

• Like 1

Good now it works on you rig too!

:D

about the HDMI audio let me see if it does, I need to trash it and reboot. I'll be back.

P.S. 

The HDMI Audio does work without the HDMIAudio.kext so I deleted it!

• Like 1

Good now it works on you rig too!

:D

about the HDMI audio let me see if it does, I need to trash it and reboot. I'll be back.

P.S. 

The HDMI Audio does work without the HDMIAudio.kext so I deleted it!

Pascal Web drivers, HDMi audio on HDMI port does not work, HDMI/DP audio does work on DP ports.

1.1 version

HDMIAudio.kext.zip

Wow, topic is alive now :)

Maybe you share you clean config after all of manipulations? 

I see you have USBinjectAll kext< does it need?

Hi there, Welcome back :)

Yes we're alive and kicking :D

I will summarize the conclusion and will give you the end result of all these test as soon as we're done. So as they say stay tuned  ;)

But as I mentioned earlier here I recently changed my Graphic Adapter from AMD to nVidia Pascal so I no longer use El Capitan but I will continue to post on this topic.

Pascal Web drivers, HDMi audio on HDMI port does not work, HDMI/DP audio does work on DP ports.

1.1 version

attachicon.gifHDMIAudio.kext.zip

Well my HDMI audio started to work when I added the SSDT-HDMI-HD530.aml to ACPI folder.

I have to Samsung displays which have no speaker and they are connected to DP ports of my graphic adapter and I have a TV connected to the HDMI port of my graphic card, the TV audio over HDMI works just fine.

I don't even have the intel graphics enabled in the BIOS though!

• Like 1

Hi there, Welcome back :)

Yes we're alive and kicking :D

I will summarize the conclusion and will give you the end result of all these test as soon as we're done. So as they say stay tuned ;)

But as I mentioned earlier here I recently changed my Graphic Adapter from AMD to nVidia Pascal so I no longer use El Capitan but I will continue to post on this topic.

I think we need to collaborate and make a new thread for this motherboard as it seems very popular and is still being tweaked alot.

I'm more than happy to delete my guide thread for Sierra for a collaborated one.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I think we need to collaborate and make a new thread for this motherboard as it seems very popular and is still being tweaked alot.

I'm more than happy to delete my guide thread for Sierra for a collaborated one.

Well, it's good idea to create a collaborated thread but I think it's better to keep your thread as well because it's already there and you made a great guide and people might need it. So as soon as the tests are done we can create the new topic for GA-Z170X-Gaming 5 ultimate guide for Mac OS 10.11.x, 10.12.x and hopefully the new upcoming 10.13 :D

• Like 2

Well my HDMI audio started to work when I added the SSDT-HDMI-HD530.aml to ACPI folder.

I can apply it into DSDT too, just one file all solution ;)

• Like 1

Sounds good to me. As I already said though I'll be updating my guide soon when .5 or .6 is released and I do a clean install.

Which guide is this?

I'm currently running El Cap on my Gaming 5, and I'm looking to do a clean install upgrade to Sierra.

Hopefully, before the next release comes out ;-)

• Like 1

Which guide is this?

I'm currently running El Cap on my Gaming 5, and I'm looking to do a clean install upgrade to Sierra.

Hopefully, before the next release comes out ;-)

This the guide SavageAUS created to installing macOS Sierra:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/317548-guide-macos-sierra-1012x-on-gigabyte-z170x-gaming-5/

Check

attachicon.gifDSDT.DSDT.GA-Z170X-Gaming 5 HDMI.zip

Intel

attachicon.gif01.png

Nvidia

attachicon.gif02.png

Need test, i never test it, same patch in SSDT IntelHD

DONT RENAME HECI and GFX0

I will test it and get back to you.

P.S

It works!

• Like 1

ok guys, after about 5 hours, my system is stable.

So I've made some changes and so far so good.

Thanks to MaLd0n for his patched DSDT everything works great.

I removed all the ACPI patches, I removed all the SSDT files, I only use his DSDT.aml file

I also removed NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext and applied AGDPfix and the reason is I think those kexts made my Graphic adapter run hotter, it's just a speculation which I'm testing.

This the guide SavageAUS created to installing macOS Sierra:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/317548-guide-macos-sierra-1012x-on-gigabyte-z170x-gaming-5/

I will test it and get back to you.

P.S

It works!

Hi there. I am trying to follow properly when you both tested today:

Can you please confirm for me if this post #684 forwards:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/309352-el-capitan-on-ga-z170x-gaming-5/page-35?do=findComment&comment=2418114

If HDMI audio worked on:

* The actual motherboard's Intel IGP HDMI port? Or it did not?

* The motherboard's Intel IGP Displayport? Or it did not?

* Or the Nvidia Pascal Card Displayport? Or it did not?

* Or the Nvidia Pascal Card HDMI? Or it did not?

And it would really help me to know which specific .aml patch were responsible for what. (because for Gaming 3). Many thanks.