AppleRTC Patch Problem .

sameh0

47 posts in this topic

i managed to install os x el capitan yesterday and since then almost everything worked except the AppleRTC patch so i get a cmos reset every time i sleep or wake the device . 

back on Mountain lion , Maverick and Yosemite i used this patch 

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x75\x2e\x0f\xb6|\xeb\x2e\x0f\xb6|' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleRTC
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions 

the patch isn't working anymore , anyone patched it yet ? 

• Like 1

The patch works! Without patch i also get CMOS reset. Same hex sequence ist in 10.11 for that RTC Cmos problem.

What can be, if you patched ist and not worked:

1. Old unpatched version is in the cache / prelinkied kernel. Try to update prelinked kernel and reboot.

HINT: To avoid CMOS reset with unpatched / or after patch at shutdown: Close all apps, wait short and then switch off PC on the power button (hold button for 2-3 sec). 

2. patch failed, check the patched code if really that hex x75 was changed to xEB.

Very strange - I patched El Capitan AppleRTC.kext and i have sleep and wake without reset ...

Try to apply RTC patch also to DSDT :

use MaciASL and use  this code -  RTC Patch for DSDT (Thanks to RehabMan) 

#Maintained by: RehabMan for: Laptop Patches
#system_RTC.txt

#   RTC fix
into device name_hid PNP0B00 code_regex (IO\s\((?:\s*[^,]+,\s*(?:\/\/\s.*)?\s*\n)+\s*)(\dx\d+)(,\s*(?:\/\/\s.*)?\s*\n\s*\)) replace_matched begin %10x02%3 end;

hello

try this one

attachicon.gifDSDT.aml.zip

good hack

Thanks buddy , but didn't work either , i've go this machine since Lion and never had this problem before , the only different this year that i've upgraded from [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]/Chimera to Clover UEFI which i've completely optimized it's settings to be like what i had previously , and everything seem to work EXCPET waking from sleep .

If your dsdt worked since Lion in case of avoid the  cmos reset problem should not be the dsdt.

I would try again to install the patched RTC kext with an tool like kext wizard or similar.

Before that, i would copy the patched RTC to desktop, erase it in /S/L/E (empty trash).

Check if Kernelcache and prelinked kernel getting updated (time = erase time of RTC) or  sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions 

If the cache / prelinked kernel getting updated (now without "old" RTC) install the patched.

Check if cache / prelinked kernel got also updated to be sure it now uses new patched version.

It can be, even you use sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions , the cache / prelinked kernel didnt got updated!

If your dsdt worked since Lion in case of avoid the  cmos reset problem should not be the dsdt.

I would try again to install the patched RTC kext with an tool like kext wizard or similar.

Before that, i would copy the patched RTC to desktop, erase it in /S/L/E (empty trash).

Check if Kernelcache and prelinked kernel getting updated (time = erase time of RTC) or  sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions 

If the cache / prelinked kernel getting updated (now without "old" RTC) install the patched.

Check if cache / prelinked kernel got also updated to be sure it now uses new patched version.

It can be, even you use sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions , the cache / prelinked kernel didnt got updated!

i'm gonna try that , i tried to install Yosemite now with clover UEFI and with exact the same settings that i had in el capitan and it works ! . 

Seems that the problem happens with 10.11 only  , i don't know what's going on here ....

I have exact same problem. I have x58 mobo with Core i7 CPU which have their own issues, but the system worked up until El Capitan. I tried instructions from mitch_de and it didn't work, as well as the ones above it.

P.S.: I don't use DSDT and it worked perfectly fine with Yosemite and older systems.

For tests: my patched AppleRTC. Worked at least to avoid cmos reset by shutdown/reboot. Sleep / Wakeup reset untested.

Nope didn't work , and by the way i have no problem with Shutdown/reboot , the problem is the machine doesn't wake up from sleep .

Here's what happens:

i press sleep the machine goes to sleep after a few seconds the fans stops and the light goes down so it's in Deep Sleep /Hibernation when i hit a keyboard button it wakes up Fans and lights works again but no thing on the screen and no sound comes out of the speaker .

it stays like that until i restart via the power button .  

???? 

You wrote in the first post: "......except the AppleRTC patch so i get a cmos reset every time i sleep or wake the device . "

I replied to that few days ago I don't know why it's erased , I said I'm so sorry I mistakenly mentioned cmos reset and I didn't won't to say that I want to say that my machine goes full black screen after waking up from sleep , and it doesn't work until I push the restart button

so it's not a CMOS reset / AppleRTC problem but a sleep problem?

wake reason "GLAN XHC EHC" -- how did you wake up your computer after sleep?

does your computer work after sleep besides the black screen? (sound etc)

so it's not a CMOS reset / AppleRTC problem but a sleep problem?

wake reason "GLAN XHC EHC" -- how did you wake up your computer after sleep?

does your computer work after sleep besides the black screen? (sound etc)

sorry for the delay , had an internet problem . 

i wake the computer using the keyboard/mouse (both are usb) , nope no sound .

Nope didn't work , and by the way i have no problem with Shutdown/reboot , the problem is the machine doesn't wake up from sleep .

Here's what happens:

i press sleep the machine goes to sleep after a few seconds the fans stops and the light goes down so it's in Deep Sleep /Hibernation when i hit a keyboard button it wakes up Fans and lights works again but no thing on the screen and no sound comes out of the speaker .

it stays like that until i restart via the power button .  

I see you still don't catch that the problem is not in RTC.

The problem is very common

"AMD Radeon 6000+ will not wake up in ElCapitan, no signal on monitor".

That's all. And you will see in your attached screenshot  

RadeonFramebuffer:: setPowerState... timed out.

Nobody has a solution.

Guys, please, gather here      No graphics / USB / Audio after wake    

for next investigation of the issue

I see you still don't catch that the problem is not in RTC.

The problem is very common

"AMD Radeon 6000+ will not wake up in ElCapitan, no signal on monitor".

That's all. And you will see in your attached screenshot  

RadeonFramebuffer:: setPowerState... timed out.

Nobody has a solution.

Guys, please, gather here      No graphics / USB / Audio after wake    

for next investigation of the issue

Yup I guess you're right

• 1 month later...

Fixed my CMOS reset problem.  Not 100% sure what fixed it.  I have a EX58-UD5 i7 920 hackintosh. It was either the DSDT.aml or the ACPI section of config.plist that i took from  @ROBASEFR

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/196771-ga-ex58-and-ga-x58a-dsdt-native-power-management-modifications/page-1

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/185097-guide-scripted-yosemitemavericks-install-on-gigabyte-mobos/page-228

But now it works w/o the wake CMOS reset issue.  My CMOS reset issue would manifest itself from wake by not waking up all the way (black screen) and showing error code CF on my mobo.  Error code CF means CMOS integrity error. 

• 2 weeks later...

Fixed my CMOS reset problem.  Not 100% sure what fixed it.  I have a EX58-UD5 i7 920 hackintosh. It was either the DSDT.aml or the ACPI section of config.plist that i took from  @ROBASEFR

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/196771-ga-ex58-and-ga-x58a-dsdt-native-power-management-modifications/page-1

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/185097-guide-scripted-yosemitemavericks-install-on-gigabyte-mobos/page-228

But now it works w/o the wake CMOS reset issue.  My CMOS reset issue would manifest itself from wake by not waking up all the way (black screen) and showing error code CF on my mobo.  Error code CF means CMOS integrity error. 

I have a similar setup to you and I'm having CMOS resets when El Capitan sleeps. Would you mind sharing your config.plist and clarifying which DSDT file you're using? My BIOS is v13 so I guess I would need d00d's v6 DSDT.aml

• 3 months later...