(GUIDE) 10.11 full speed USB (series 8/9) keeping vanilla SLE

wegface
497 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...

H87M-HD3 & 10.12 DP3

(naming EH01 & EH02 for EHCI ports and XHC for XHCI ports in dsdt)

1. don't need to patch AppleUSBXHCIPCI for adding ports

2. EHCI devices operated by AppleUSBEHCIPCI.kext

3. XHCI devices operated by AppleUSBXHCIPCI.kext

post-93383-0-43476200-1468938584_thumb.jpg

install so we can correctly map our USB ports (important).

Edit: According to arix98, the mapping stage can also be achieved in windows, with an app called USBviewer. This can be downloaded free from here:

usbviewer

This could make life easier for people who have no working yosemite install.  (thanks to arix98). 

Is there a similar tool or method for something like Ubuntu?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jonatrapezita

I used Rehabman's guide and usb is now working alot better. Thanks Rehabman

Post the link, please.

To unlock 31 Ports at Intel 100 Series Chipset at macOS Sierra use this patch

Find : 00837D94100F835A

Replace : 00837D941F0F835A

Name : AppleUSBXHCIPCI

Look at my IOREG 

I can also confirm that works for z97 with MacOS Sierra , thank you  :thumbsup_anim:

Additionally, if anyone would like to use textedit - can copy/ paste this

<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>Remove USB limit MacOS Sierra</string>
<key>Disabled</key>
<false/>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
AIN9lBAPg1o=
</data>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AppleUSBXHCIPCI</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
AIN9lB8Pg1o=
</data>
</dict>

post-96898-0-10721000-1470495379_thumb.png

Doesn't work in latest PB for me with Z97

%90 of your ports should work. For example i have nzxt h440. Front panel has 2 usb3 and 2 usb2. One of usb3 at front panel is still not working but rest of ports are functioning. I'm pretty sure new patch will came out in order to fully remove limit.

I usually only have to change XHC1 to XHC (Macmini6,2-XHC1) in the Info.plist of AppleUSBXHCIPCI.kext to get all my USB 3.0 ports to show up but after updating to the latest Sierra Beta I didn't actually have to, has anyone else noticed a change?

I have a ASRock P67 Extreme4 Gen3. This is an Intel 6 series mobo. EHC1 and ECH2 Both use Intel 6 series/c200 series chipset family usb enhanced host controller. And XHC uses Eltron EJ168A. I just want to know if I should still do what everyone else is doing? I've already started the process of mapping my USB ports, then I will create an injector. Even though I hear that some 3rd party USB 3.0 controllers are now natively supported. Before I started getting motivated to this everything on my build was working perfectly until...Bluetooth. I got a Bluetooth Dongle using the Broadcom BCM20702A0. When it's plugged in it shows up as a device under the USB in system report but isn't accepted as a Bluetooth controller. Is this the path I should be taking regarding not only getting Bluetooth working but actually getting my USB's to to perform at their best speed.

• Like 1

I have a ASRock P67 Extreme4 Gen3. This is an Intel 6 series mobo. EHC1 and ECH2 Both use Intel 6 series/c200 series chipset family usb enhanced host controller. And XHC uses Eltron EJ168A. I just want to know if I should still do what everyone else is doing? I've already started the process of mapping my USB ports, then I will create an injector. Even though I hear that some 3rd party USB 3.0 controllers are now natively supported. Before I started getting motivated to this everything on my build was working perfectly until...Bluetooth. I got a Bluetooth Dongle using the Broadcom BCM20702A0. When it's plugged in it shows up as a device under the USB in system report but isn't accepted as a Bluetooth controller. Is this the path I should be taking regarding not only getting Bluetooth working but actually getting my USB's to to perform at their best speed.

I would say yes go for it!! I had a similar issue, but with a pci-e wifi+bluetooth card. The bluetooth in 10.11 wasn't working only the wifi was, despite it working in older versions of OSX and other OSs altogether (linux). So I knew it can work, and something about this thread kept my attention despite me feeling like my usb ports were working well enough so maybe it isn't the problem... However actually it was the problem! (And since internal pci-e bluetooth is tied to the usb bus I couldn't eliminate it as the source of the problem until I tried it and see if it would help)

I haven't even mapped out my ports yet though (but I am going to now that I see this is what I need), I just threw the USBInjectAll kext into CLOVER\kexts\10.11 and rebooted to see if anything would be different, and yep! bluetooth now shows up again as it did in my previous version of osx that I still have installed! Also the built in webcam started working again as well (so a bonus that I didn't even care if worked), I suppose that's tied to the usb bus as well since it came back too...

Now I have a new problem though, although it's a good problem to have. It's more of a just a slight issue with how apple has changed their driver implementation of bluetooth communication to a wireless bluetooth audio device. (In 10.11 (maybe sooner I've jumped from 10.8 to 10.11 so the change could've happened anywhere in between there) wireless bluetooth audio device volume is set whenever the system volume is changed where as previously (and in every other OS: linux,windows) it was only set once per connection or not at all. This would allow me to keep the devices own volume level independent of the system's volume level, now apple is tying them together... So this is what I'm going to get help for now, maybe all I'll need is a simple driver patch if I or someone can isolate the piece of code sending the volume change command and NOP IT :D)

So with my success it would seem you might be in luck for your bluetooth device as well!

UPDATE Thursday August 25th: Alright I have mapped out my ports and edited the info plist of the USBInjectAll kext to only include my usb port configuration. My board matches the first entry of the kext with 4 usb3.0 ports -> 8086_1e31 so I kept that how it was and removed the other entries. Until I got near the bottom where EH01 and EH02 were listed, on there I removed the ports that didn't appear to be connected to anything and adjusted the 'port count' to the address of the highest actually used port. Since all my 4 usb ports are usb3.0, the EH01,and EH02 only correspond to the internal hubs, connected to one port on the first hub is the pci-e bluetooth device (part of a wifi+bt combo card) all others were removed and this ports address was set to the "port count". On internal hub 2, one port was connected to something called "USB-2.0CRW" not sure exactly what that is but kept the port, and a second port connected to the internal webcam. Same as previous internal hub made the port count match the highest port address.

Then I rebooted and everything still works, but now without injecting a bunch of ports that I don't need / aren't even used. So I've done it correctly yes? I would've done a DSDT patch but from the guide it wasn't entirely clear how to make a DSDT edit from my custom port injector, so I think I'll just use the custom port injector.

Thank you to RehabMan for his USBInjectAll kext, and thanks to wegface for creating this thread!

• 4 months later...

I have a Gigabyte X99 Designare board, and I have most USB 3 ports working in Sierra 10.12.2, but not all.  SSP1 is a single port.  SSP5 and SSP6 are embedded Renesas 4-port hubs.  Everything works except for SSP6, which is the 4 cyan ports in this diagram.  When I connect a USB 3 device to one of these ports, it attaches to HS10 instead and runs at USB 2 speed.

All ports worked fine under Yosemite.  I'm using an injector kext to add all the ports, and the following SSDT patch.  Any help would be much appreciated.

Device (_SB.PCI0.EH01)
    {
        Name (_ADR, 0x001D0000)
        Name (_S4D, 0x02)
        Name (_S3D, 0x02)
        Name (_S2D, 0x02)
        Name (_S1D, 0x02)
        Name (MBSD, One)
    }

Device (_SB.PCI0.EH02)
    {
        Name (_ADR, 0x001A0000)
        Name (_S4D, 0x02)
        Name (_S3D, 0x02)
        Name (_S2D, 0x02)
        Name (_S1D, 0x02)
        Name (MBSD, One)
    }

post-1122323-0-96586500-1483321123_thumb.jpg

post-1122323-0-08836500-1483321377_thumb.png

X99_Injector USB 3.kext.zip

though my series 6 motherboard does not have usb3,but i still need this patch for usb keyboard and mouse work(but not usb flash drive),why

# Rename USB devices for OSX 10.11 GM support (remember to use injector with this)
into device label EHC1 set_label begin EH01 end;
into device label EHC2 set_label begin EH02 end;
into_all all code_regex EHC1 replaceall_matched begin EH01 end;
into_all all code_regex EHC2 replaceall_matched begin EH02 end;

though my series 6 motherboard does not have usb3,but i still need this patch for usb keyboard and mouse work(but not usb flash drive),why

# Rename USB devices for OSX 10.11 GM support (remember to use injector with this)
into device label EHC1 set_label begin EH01 end;
into device label EHC2 set_label begin EH02 end;
into_all all code_regex EHC1 replaceall_matched begin EH01 end;
into_all all code_regex EHC2 replaceall_matched begin EH02 end;

EHC1/EHC2 is USB2 not USB3.

I know enhance means usb 2,but i do not know EHC1 does not recognized by 10.12,EH01 recognized by 10.12

It is because real Macs use EHC1/EHC2. And there are port injectors (restrictors) that are specific to certain Macs. If your USB topology does not match the SMBIOS/Mac you're using (which you might expect is rather unlikely), then you have problems. Renaming avoids the Mac specific port injectors.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It is because real Macs use EHC1/EHC2. And there are port injectors (restrictors) that are specific to certain Macs. If your USB topology does not match the SMBIOS/Mac you're using (which you might expect is rather unlikely), then you have problems. Renaming avoids the Mac specific port injectors.

kool extreme tell

• 4 months later...

Now how about the USB 3.1 Controller on that Designare Board, found in the Alpine Ridge Thunderbolt Controller? Each time I add RHUB to the XHC2 I get power state Failures, Although Thunderbolt Hotswap works fine.