SIPUtility.app

cvad

36 posts in this topic

Is there any documentation anywhere about what each of these options actually do and why they would have to be allowed?

Some are self explanatory but I'm wanting to see what settings would be best for a fully secure system but allowing me edit a couple system kexts for device IDs then make it all secure again.

tested there..not work on Clover....me set manualy again

it is not working with clover 3259, i will not even make any changes at all

What are you talking about?

The utility writes the value of the "variable SIP" to NVRAM and no relation to the Clover has not.

• Like 3

What are you talking about?

The utility writes the value of the "variable SIP" to NVRAM and no relation to the Clover has not.

Excuse me, this reply should belong to maly70 ...

I think the fact is if SIP-Utility make changes to nvram and in clover plist are different settings (SIP 0x00 and clover 0x67) with every boot clover will change SIP utility settings. Delete RtVariables from clover plist and use only SIPutility ... :-) (or vice versa)

It's hard to determine that at boot time because /options is not populated. FileNVRAM.kext should be a solution, but this require the bootloader to do nothing about . i.e use only nvram...if you can... (EDIT when FileNVRAM.kext is present)
At least for legacy boot.

• 4 weeks later...

SIPUtility.app v1.0.1

• Added the New Apple SIP configuration bit:
    CSR_ALLOW_DEVICE_CONFIGURATION (1 << 7)

Good job, only CSR_ALLOW_DEVICE_CONFIGURATION check box title are not entirely inside the box here.... a largest box like width + 5 should be enought (only last character is truncated).

• 1 month later...

Sorry! Unfortunately, managing SIP (System Integrity Protection) for future versions of Mac OS X starting with El Capitan GM working only with HDRecovery boot. You need disable SIP with Clover Bootloader

oh okay, thanks :) Would you be able to give me instructions on how to do it? As in first disable SIP with Clover Bootloader? then the SIPUtility?