OS X El Capitan DP's builds!

924 posts in this topic

That applies to real Macs that comes with its original HDDs/SSDs I believe, But the thing is, if cache isn't available, it won't boot any faster than rebuilding one

Yes but yosemite was/is faster on my PC than El Capitan...and even on mac is slow ( A lot slower then on my PC ) - 

EDIT; Few more question, why dont i get search results.

post-968257-0-07337900-1433865737_thumb.png

2nd. is it possible to turn off Big Mouse while mouse buzzing...its really annoying.

For the life of me, i can't get this to install.  Yosemite works just fine, but when trying to boot EC after installing, it just sits there and graphics does not initialize.

Boot to Yosemite, install FakeSMC ( HWSensors ) on El Capitan partition and it will work.

Installed fine on my legacy BIOS desktop GAP55aUD3/Intel i5 750/AMD HD 5770 using installer made with createinstallmedia method and booted with Clover r3193 (same config settings as with Yosemite).  Version shows 10.11 (15A178w)...

post-846696-0-69716100-1433892156_thumb.png

Some info from netkas.org, the most significant being the new root-less security and boot argument rootless=0 to disable it ....

Collecting some information in this post:

• iMac (Mid 2007 or newer) • MacBook Air (Late 2008 or newer) • MacBook (Late 2008 Aluminum, or Early 2009 or newer) • Mac mini (Early 2009 or newer) • MacBook Pro (Mid/Late 2007 or newer) • Mac Pro (Early 2008 or newer) • Xserve (Early 2009)
  • kext-dev-mode still works
  • Nvidia driver is….. still 310.42.05a43 , no love for maxwell
  • New root-less security is based on sandboxing shell and its commands, so you can’t edit system files even if you a root and file has 755 mode
  • files are editable if you boot yosemite
  • To disable rootless mode set boot argument rootless=0
  • You can still set boot-args with sudo nvram even in rootless mode.
  • No Metal for pre-Fermi nvidia cards
  • OpenGL still at level 4.1

Method: update from Yosemite, Clover Bootloader ..

in ATM still show Yosemite :(

The about screen shows Yosemite until you connect to the internet and Apple's servers eg connect to App Store.

Updated FSMC kext worked.  Thanks!  Now I'm seeing this at boot...are there leftover files from installation? (Install OS X from Mac Data)

http://imgur.com/00dH597

Most likely you have a hidden folder on the root of your OSX partition named .IABootFiles (contains remnants of the OSX installer).  Make sure to enable showing of hidden files in Finder....

post-846696-0-83822200-1431943650_thumb.

The files can then be deleted with the Finder or with terminal:

sudo rm -rf /.IABootFiles
  • Like 5

Installed fine on my legacy BIOS desktop GAP55aUD3/Intel i5 750/AMD HD 5770 using installer made with createinstallmedia method and booted with Clover r3193 (same config settings as with Yosemite).  Version shows 10.11 (15A178w)...

Some info from netkas.org, the most significant being the new root-less security and boot argument rootless=0 to disable it ....

Collecting some information in this post:

• iMac (Mid 2007 or newer) • MacBook Air (Late 2008 or newer) • MacBook (Late 2008 Aluminum, or Early 2009 or newer) • Mac mini (Early 2009 or newer) • MacBook Pro (Mid/Late 2007 or newer) • Mac Pro (Early 2008 or newer) • Xserve (Early 2009)
  • kext-dev-mode still works
  • Nvidia driver is….. still 310.42.05a43 , no love for maxwell
  • New root-less security is based on sandboxing shell and its commands, so you can’t edit system files even if you a root and file has 755 mode
  • files are editable if you boot yosemite
  • To disable rootless mode set boot argument rootless=0
  • You can still set boot-args with sudo nvram even in rootless mode.
  • No Metal for pre-Fermi nvidia cards
  • OpenGL still at level 4.1

The about screen shows Yosemite until you connect to the internet and Apple's servers eg connect to App Store.

Most likely you have a hidden folder on the root of your OSX partition named .IABootFiles (contains remnants of the OSX installer).  Make sure to enable showing of hidden files in Finder....

post-846696-0-83822200-1431943650_thumb.

The files can then be deleted with the Finder or with terminal:

sudo rm -rf /.IABootFiles

Figured it out...one of my HDDs had the original installer on it and apparently that was what had it showing up.

Two problems I have now are that my audio doesn't work anymore, and my keyboard will intermittently stop being recognized and I'll have to unplug and replug it in to get it going again.

No success with my Laptop, in IOBLUeTHOOTH....blabla, even with fakesmc, anyone had success with HD4400?

Repalce FakeSMC with Slice's revision. For Bluetooth, use EmlyDinesh's BTFirmwareUploader, change its version to 999, it will work

• Like 1

Repalce FakeSMC with Slice's revision. For Bluetooth, use EmlyDinesh's BTFirmwareUploader, change its version to 999, it will work

Does not work for me.

i have this error:

scrambled.jpg

without patience right now, I'm getting too old for this.

P.s: added the flags:-gux_defer_usb2-gux_no_idle, not work!

• Like 1

Does not work for me.

i have this error:

attachicon.gifscrambled.jpg

without patience right now, I'm getting too old for this.

P.s: added the flags:-gux_defer_usb2-gux_no_idle, not work!

Dude, don't use the 3.0 port. Apple changed how USB 3.0 works in 10.11 now, even my Macbook has 1 unusable port

I'm not sure how many people bothered to read release notes before starting. USB is a real mess, clearly stated in them. https://developer.apple.com/library/prerelease/mac/releasenotes/General/rn-osx-10.11/index.html

Beyond USB 3.0 issues, your storage drive may or may not work depending on where it fits in the 1.1, 2.0 device issues. Amongst many other issues like wake from sleep. TO be quiet honest I'm waiting until at least Dp2 to iron out some of the more severe issues before really attempting things. This also gives nvidia time to get something going for maxwell.

Issue usb 2:

it looks like usb now works little different. in IOUSBHostFamily.kext-->AppleUSBEHCIPCI.kext-->info.plist every mac usb is identified ... as my example imac11,1 EHC1 and EHC2 so i changed name in DSDT to:

Example:

Device (EHC1)

{
                Name (_ADR, 0x001D0000)

Device (EHC2)
            {
                Name (_ADR, 0x001A0000)
                Method (_PRW, 0, NotSerialized)
                {
                    Return (GPRW (0x0D, 0x04))
                }

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
                {
                    Store (Package (0x09)
                        {
                            "AAPL,current-available", 
                            0x05DC, 
                            "AAPL,current-extra", 
                            0x044C, 
                            "AAPL,current-in-sleep", 
                            0x09C4, 
                            "AAPL,device-internal", 
                            0x02, 
                            Buffer (One)
                            {
                                0x00
                            }
                        }, Local0)
                    DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
                    Return (Local0)
                }

Device (HUBN)
                {
                    Name (_ADR, Zero)
                }
            }

search and replace. 

now usb 2 is working. mouse and keyboard started to work on reboot.
  • Like 3

successful install with yosemite method w/ Clover_v2.3k_r3215 on old ga-g31m-es2c + core 2 duo e7500

(need choose no ethernet access on setup wizard; otherwise reboot w/ xpc fail)

args = -v rootless=0 kext-dev-mode=1
kexts = FakeSMC and NullCPUPowerManagement
hardw = gf9500gt=ok hdmi/dvi (vga not tested) | m-audio delta 1010lt=see note * (w/ audioevo kext) | onboard netw= w/ kext 
no audio onboard (useless for me)
* kp using delta 1010lt can't allocate all required memory

** to access /System again over Finder just do sudo su and cd / and chflags no hidden System

cheers
  • Like 4

heard this doesnt support hd3000 is that true and are there work arounds if so?

It seems to work fine. I installed it onto a Dell Latitude E6420 that has HD3000 and am using an older version of AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext from Yosemite. I have yet to poke around with the updated kext but I had to use the older one in order to boot the install media.

edit: the El Capitan version of AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext seems to work just fine. I was having a ton of issues with the install media though for some reason. Whatev. The new HD3000 kexts seems to work great (with the usual DSDT injections, of course)

• Like 1

It seems to work fine. I installed it onto a Dell Latitude E6420 that has HD3000 and am using an older version of AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext from Yosemite. I have yet to poke around with the updated kext but I had to use the older one in order to boot the install media.

good to know thanks.

@Diazz72 

please! no need to get angry  :P

backontopic

no problems so far on the surface pro and it's HD4000!

btw the multitouch drivers aren't working yet...  :(

1giyyb.jpg

• Like 1