331 posts in this topic

I should probably update.

For the Wifi and the Lenovo card, I found that the FakePCIID kext wasn't necessary.  Just need the FakePCIID_BCM94352Z_as_BCM94360CS2.kext for it to work.  Then I do understand that the BRCMPatchRAM kext does make the bluetooth work, but I also read that it can crash the USB Bus on wake.  But I've unloaded that kext and tested wake from sleep and the same issue is still persistent with the same symptoms.  Wake from sleep on this device is the only nagging issue to what I feel is the best Apple product that Apple never chose to make.  If you are looking at a powerbank, Mactabletman, I did some research on that and the best candidate is comes from BixPower.  Here is the model I've been looking at http://www.bixpower.com/Bat-BP220-p/bat-bp220.htm.  There are other models too that are less expensive with a lesser watt-hour rating, but they seem to be the only one to have a battery that will output the needed wattage and most importantly, 5 amps to accommodate the 4.5 amp requirement of CC2.

As far as the UEFI bios, I got it extracted from the CC2 and used a few tools found online to browse the OROMs of the image and found the bios menu image.  After I extracted it and had it decompiled into a .txt doc, it doesn't seem to have the ACPI menus listed in the file.  I've seen other examples where the ACPI is in the setup config file, but is set to 0/false.  This is the part that I'm stuck on.  Not sure if adding that entry into the config file and setting it to 1/true will work if the entry never existed in the first place.  I can upload all the extracted Bios and OROM images plus any other notes  I jotted down for this endeavor if anyone wants to take a look.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm glad to hear I wasn't completely as mad as I thought. I'm heading out of town for about a week, but when I get back I plan on seeing what I can do to get the graphics acceleration working properly and the i7 processor registering.

Have you had any luck with the graphics acceleration for the i7 models?

Have you had any luck with the graphics acceleration for the i7 models?

Unfortunately I have not. I read countless forums on the subject, but nothing that I had found helped out. I have kind of back burnered the project due to time and the fact that My CC2 is in production and I really cannot afford to have it down during the next few months. 

Thanks for making this a reality people.  Can someone give a tutorial/instructions on how to auto boot into the mac partition without using the keyboard?  Also is there a way to boot straight to the mac partition with out using the clover boot usb?  Maybe these are the same question ;) ....  Also is updating available?  Im waiting for my wifi card and I'm curious if you can update to 10.10.4?  Thanks for all the hard work.....I enjoy my CC2 so much more now. 

• Like 1

Thanks for making this a reality people.  Can someone give a tutorial/instructions on how to auto boot into the mac partition without using the keyboard?  Also is there a way to boot straight to the mac partition with out using the clover boot usb?  Maybe these are the same question ;) ....  Also is updating available?  Im waiting for my wifi card and I'm curious if you can update to 10.10.4?  Thanks for all the hard work.....I enjoy my CC2 so much more now. 

you have to install clover to your main drive. google tells you how.

to enter auto boot you have to install clover to your main drive and edit "MacHDD"  to "LastBootetDevice" in clovers config.plist (in <boot> sector). (should work too if youre editing the config.plist on your usb stick too, but im not sure about that) clover then will count to 10 and boot auto into os x. dont know about updating but a fresh install of 10.10.4 worked fine for me, still having the same issues.

hi Chris,

Welcome to Insanely,

take your time to edit your signature adding your configuration,

You can take a look at these simple steps by munakib

Then you can edit your config.plist

and under boot there is an argument called DefaultVolume, name it as your OS X drive.

@minsekt

thanks for helping on your first post, as I suggested to Chris, please update your signature. (edit: thx)

Hey guys, after I installed my network card and ram everything worked great!  After though now my bluetooth stopped working.  Anyone else have this problem and know how to fix it?  Also my on screen keyboard is kind of faulty,  only a portion of it works, no caps lock, can't shift.  And has anybody figured out how to log into iCloud yet.  Sorry for the parade of questions but any help would be great.

Thanks,

Chris 

So, you had the time to add five smiles to your signature, but you haven't got time to add something like this?

Cintiq Companinon 2 rev9 with "RT0000" wifi card

where rev9 and RT0000 are EXAMPLES! :) 

So that we can help you easily?

Hey chris, can you confirm that wake from sleep is working? I find this hard to believe. Not to doubt you, but no one has been able to get this to work.  Are you sure it isnt just the screen sleeping and waking? Can you confirm the entire tablet is sleeping with the side light doing the "breathing" where it slowly fades and brightens.  How do you wake it? Mouse, touch, etc?  I will have to look into bluetooth for you and see where im at.  As for the keyboard this is normal you have to go into System Preferences -> Accessibility -> Keyboard and then Enable Sticky Keys

This will allow you to use the shift and caps keys. I was having a {censored} of a time with this too.  Let me know if that helps and please confirm if the sleep is working or just screen sleeping. 

Also I have just installed the latest public beta of El Capitan and they seem to have disabled the wacom feature.  The touchscreen and pen dont work even after installing the drivers. I tried to swap out the usb kexts from yosemite with no luck. I have no problem staying on yosemite, but would like to have to option to upgrade. Let me know if you guys have any ideas, im going to keep working on it.

shouldnt it be theoretically possible to get graphics acceleration working on the i7 5557 cpu? the newest macbooks are using the same cpu. 

@mactabletman did it work on the last public beta of el capitan? otherwise i just guess wacom has to update their drivers

thanks for the keyboard help.  you were right on the sleep, it was only the screen...... :( sorry if i got anyones hopes up.  have you got bluetooth working?  also i saw you tried making your own case with stand, have you seen this one?  http://flipsteady.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=9&zenid=f1e94892c19bcefe753a774b2314cede  its what i have.  i would love to be able to upgrade too lemme know if i can help, although i feel wacom will need to update its drivers and they will.

I've just did a clean install of 10.10.5 and, while in the installer, it looked like graphics acceleration worked fined, everything was smooth, no lags at all, however after installation its unusable again :(

I've used "good efi" provided by alexway

I've just did a clean install of 10.10.5 and, while in the installer, it looked like graphics acceleration worked fined, everything was smooth, no lags at all, however after installation its unusable again :(

I've used "good efi" provided by alexway

I tried on and off for about 2 week to get CPU recognition and graphics execration to work on my i7 –with no luck.

Starting out I had the same assumption as you the i7 and Iris graphics are available in Macbook Pro models. At one point I even tried a clone of an i7 MBP, but after it loaded CPU and graphics were not recognized. The only difference between the specs was the generation of the processor, Haswell vs Broadwell. Other than that I had a pretty stable CC2 i7, with Apple ID/IMessage/iCloud. I was planning on using external WiFi & Bluetooth to keep my warranty intact so I really have no experience T/S those.

(My configuration was setup for dual boot WIN/OSX)

I tried on and off for about 2 week to get CPU recognition and graphics execration to work on my i7 –with no luck.

Starting out I had the same assumption as you the i7 and Iris graphics are available in Macbook Pro models. At one point I even tried a clone of an i7 MBP, but after it loaded CPU and graphics were not recognized. The only difference between the specs was the generation of the processor, Haswell vs Broadwell. Other than that I had a pretty stable CC2 i7, with Apple ID/IMessage/iCloud. I was planning on using external WiFi & Bluetooth to keep my warranty intact so I really have no experience T/S those.

(My configuration was setup for dual boot WIN/OSX)

im using a wifi stick too. i dont need bluetooth at all. i dont care about sleep either, (well it would be nice to have it but i dont mind turning it off everytime) the only thing i really need is graphics (obviously, whats the point of having a cintiq eh)  :-/

i do need windows too, to get the desktopmode working. oh btw. for you guys that are not aware of it yet, wacom did release drivers for desktopmode support-stuff, in case you do a clean install of w10.

Minesekt the acceleration should be a matter of finding the right ig platform id for clover.  Google things like broadwell ig platform 6100 clover or other specs of your actual device.  After a quick google search I found this suggestions

InjectIntel=True
ig-platform-id=0x16160002 / 0x16160000

Let me know if it works.  Youre right about sleep I guess its not a huge deal as the device is a battery hog anyway and Im fine with saving and shutting down.  I guess its just my OCD that wants everything working, also it would be kinda convenient. 

Chris8484 Thanks for the confirmation, yeah you got my hopes up haha, but it was what i figured so no worries.  I have seen the flip steady case and am considering buying it. Its really quite genius, the only downsides I see are the price and the fact that its wrap around so it makes it look weird.  Still might buy it tho. 

• Like 1

I'm confused on what isn't working for users with the i7?  Cause my i7 works great with the exception of bluetooth.  Has anyone figured this out?  I don't really need sleep either.  Regaining the ability to connect it to other computers and being able to update to 10.11 would be great though.  When you say the graphics acceleration isn't working what exactly do you mean? 

I'm confused on what isn't working for users with the i7?  Cause my i7 works great with the exception of bluetooth.  Has anyone figured this out?  I don't really need sleep either.  Regaining the ability to connect it to other computers and being able to update to 10.11 would be great though.  When you say the graphics acceleration isn't working what exactly do you mean? 

what i7 cpu do you have? haswell? (intel hd graphics) broadwell? (intel iris graphics) theres a "old" cc2 256gb version with haswell cpu and a new one with broad well i7 5557U (exactly the same like the 512gb version)

if acceleration isn't working your mouse is laggy as hell, like 2 sec delay and everything looks like you're remote controlling a device with a super bad connection

@ mactabletman i will try that tomorrow, ill let you know