331 posts in this topic

Good to see everyone seems to be up and running, my screen just sits at the black screen with the white apple logo after i click on the install disk.

guess i better go back to the start, it's been a while since i built a clover build :(

Would it do with the fact i'm installing on the i7 version DTH-W1310H ?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all...

Im completely new to Hackintosh and clover, so please bare with me and all help is much appreciated.

Ive followed the guide and chose to partition my 128gb thumb drive and used it for the install OSX file, clover and the installation itself rather than use separate drives ...
all is installed and thus far running well. Ive ordered a wireless dongle from fleebay and ive also ordered an internal wireless card from aliexpress (but wont be taking it apart just yet)...

I have a few issues that either are just they way they are at the minute or is there something I can do about them ?

- on boot, i get get the clover menu, but i then have to plugin a wired usb mouse, is there a way to use the touch screen or wireless mouse or even just get it to boot straight into OSX ? at the minute clover and the installed Yosemite are in different partitions on the same thumb drive.
- when I put it to sleep (i know there are issues with sleep) the fan continues to run... I tried waking it up and it tried to wake then just went back to sleep or locked ... is there a fix ?
- is there a hack to have the virtual keyboard on the OSX login screen ? I actually read a post somewhere on the tinternet, of a guy who couldnt get rid of his popping up on a normal OSX install so im assuming there must be a way ?

But so far other than these its looking pretty good ... I tethered it to my phone for the internet until the wireless dongle arrives ...

Once im ready to rip the thing open ... is there a guide to clone the stick onto the drive ?

thanks for any help ... im so appreciative of all the hard work you guys have put into this, its such a shame apple didnt develop a tablet with wacom I hate windows and hate tether cables :/

oh also is sierra able to be installed ?

Hi all

ok my wireless dongle arrived ... ive gone through various guides on here, but for the life of me i cant get it to work ...
This is the dongle i bought http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/122117497570?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

This is what my companion says under USB

WIFI

Product ID: 0x7610

Vendor ID: 0x0e8d (MediaTek Inc)

Version: 1.00
Serial Number: 1.0

Speed: Up to 480 Mb/sec

Manufacturer: MediaTek
Location ID: 0x14100000 / 11

Current Available (mA): 500
Current Required (mA): 160

I followed this as best I could http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/299948-usb-wifi-updated-ralinkmediatek-rt2870-rt2770-rt3x7x-rt537x-rt5572/?do=findComment&comment=2064234

But to no avail ... The Ralink is showing in the top bar, however when i try and open the utility it does nothing ... when I installed Yosemite i skipped wireless and opted to install later, not sure if that has any bearing on my issue as when i go into diagnostic help wifi is greyed out ...

My internal wifi card will be here in a week or so, but i didnt really want to jump in and open the machine up just yet, until im up to speed with everything ...

I know you guys are busy, but any step by step help would be much appreciated :)

*** Update***

After much more pain and self research ive sorted the wifi out ...

I reinstalled Yosemite over the existing one ... I included the kext file into the Clover efi 10.10 and other folder "RT2870USBWirelessDriver.kext"
I then installed the Bear Utility as all others failed http://store.bearextender.com/pages/regarding-yosemite-compatiblity
Finally I used the kext wizard installed RT2870USBWirelessDriver.kext and rebuilt permissions etc ...

Now its working great.

next on the list is either getting clover to allow touch on the boot screen or to bypass it and go straight into OSX...

Once the internal wifi card arrives I will look at upgrading from Yosemite ...

Im going to upgrade the memory and SSD... can anyone tell me what is best compatibility wise to buy ?

Im still having issues waking the thing up if i let it sleep ... more research

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, saintmonkey! Nice to hear you solved your issues :)

If you want to boot directly into your OSX installation you can edit your config.plist (use PlistEdit Pro). Just go to Boot section and set "DefaultVolume" to your OSX partition/drive name. You can change your "Timeout" from 5 to 0 for a direct boot. That's the only way, no touch support in Clover.

About memory I bought a 8GB module RAM HyperX and it works great, didn't change SSD yet, just WiFi card.

Btw, guys, I've just installed macOS Sierra and it works great: AirDrop, Airplay, USB3.0...

Just use Clover v2.3k_r3763 and install in S/L/E latest versions of:

- FakeSMC

- FakePCIID

- FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi

- BrcmFirmwareRepo

- BrcmPatchRAM2

- USBInjectAll

You will need new Clover patches for:

- Disable SIP

<key>RtVariables</key>

<dict>
<key>BooterConfig</key>
<string>0x28</string>
<key>CsrActiveConfig</key>
<string>0x67</string>
</dict>

- Make BCM94352 works under 10.12

<dict>

<key>Comment</key>
<string>10.12-BCM94352-5GHz-US-FCC-dv</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
gflSqgAAdSk=
</data>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AirPortBrcm4360</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
gflSqgAAZpA=
</data>
</dict>

- Boot graphics glitch patch for 10.12

<dict>

<key>Comment</key>
<string>Boot graphics glitch, 10.12</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
AQAAdSU=
</data>
<key>Name</key>
<string>IOGraphicsFamily</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
AQAA6yU=
</data>
</dict>

NOTES:

- I think PM with this guide is not well implemented, we need to create an specific SSDT for our CPU. More info here. Thanks to this X86PlatformPlugin appears under CPU in IORegistryExplorer as it should.

- I've used USBInjectAll and everything works but I don't know if it's ok to leave it permanently or I should create a custom injector. I have the EHC1 and EHC2 patches in Clover.

- Sleep still not working, I can live without it. It surely need a lot of work on USB stuff to make it work, since display is usb connected and doesn't come back after sleep, SD card reader never worked neither volume buttons and there's a display and usb connectors into the 24-pin cable we use to enter Cintiq mode.

- Still to work on iMessage again, step by step, to make Siri, FaceTime, Mac App Store... works.

• Like 1

What is the best process to clone my Thumb drive onto the internal SSD and preserve the original windows installation and then dual boot it with clover.

new memory arrives this week so i will then undertake opening the thing up ...

Does anyone else have issues with it every now and then losing its touch ability so i have to restart ?

Hey Saintmonkey,

Check post #221 above for how I cloned my SSD. I used EaseUS Todo Backup installed from the boot volume. It's not as powerful as Partition Magic, but it is simple and will do a sector copy. I think it can be installed on a bootable thumb drive as well.

one of those weeks ...

I managed to get the back off ... a word of warning about using a heat gun to loosen the adhesive ... it also separates the rubber from the plastic on the feet :( nothing a bit of glue cant fix ...

The memory arrived but doesnt work ... i think ive ordered the wrong type ... this is what i ordered http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UK-New-8GB-PC3-10600-1333mhz-204-pin-SODIMM-DDR3-Laptop-ram-memory-/272404916842?ssPageName=ADME:X:RRIRTB:GB:3160
- Please can someone point me at the correct one on UK fleebay :)

The wifi card arrived ... but it had dodgy antenna connections and one fell off ! the other has slightly damaged the o'ring on one of the antenna cables .. i will need to obtain another cable and get a return on the wifi card ... this is the card i bought i assume its the correct one ? http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/8194543353.html?orderId=78990353633213

Finally I need some advice ... When i started the machine up to test the memory I noticed the fan near the wifi card isnt spinning up ? is it a case that only kicks in when hot or is something a miss ?

cheers again for any help and advice ... Im not re assembling it until I have at least the memory ... :(

...UPDATE...

I still need to find what the correct memory i need is ... ive been searching for 8gb ddr3 1600mhz pc3 12800 sodimm cl11 on amazon and fleebay but not 100% sure which I need ...

The fan issue isnt an issue i realised that depending on which way up you hold it, the machine switches fans, so that the working exhaust fan is always at the top ...

ive just bought this memory http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/162247590201

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I'm new to the forum and found this thread by researching how to install OS on my Cintiq Companion 2 (i7/512gb-ssd/16gb-ram). I have a few questions that I'm hoping you guys can help me with. I want to install OS, but not until I'm 100% clear on how to do it successfully.

I understand the steps of putting the installer on a USB flash drive. What I don't understand is if I'm installing OS onto my Companion's internal SSD drive, overwriting Windows 10, or if I'm installing it on to a USB flash drive and booting from a USB Flash drive, every time I reboot. Hopefully someone can help me out. Thank you so much.

Hi, boombap92! Welcome to this madness called hackintosh, buddy!

First you're going to need is two usb flash drives, one for creating installer and the other to install to. I've being using these for two years without issues. Once you have OSX installed, install Clover in that drive too, so you won't need to use both of them to boot.

Install and do post installation in an external drive and when you feel is time, clone it to your internal drive. I recommended to use Clonezilla before starting messing around your internal drive. I have a couple of 2,5" HDD from old computers and I use them for this purpose so I can go back at any time without loosing data.

In order to clone it to internal drive you need to shrink your Windows partition. You can do it using "disk partition" app in windows (sorry, I have mine in spanish and I don't know the name in english).

Select your C:/ drive and shrink, format it to FAT32. Now, in Windows you can use MacDrive to format to HFS.

Boot OSX installer and select Disk Utility. If you didn't format to HFS with MacDrive you can do it now with Disk Utility (gave me an error the first time, but I was able to clone the partition anyway).

Now clone your usb drive into your internal ssd.

After all this, you still needing your usb drive to boot into your internal OSX partition. Do it and install Clover this time to your internal drive EFI folder (mine has "NO NAME").

As a last step, I use EasyUEFI in Windows to create an entry to boot Clover using the default Windows bootmanager. 

I hope this help! :D

Hey, guys!

I've just posted a new guide for dual-booting macOS Sierra with your current Windows installation. There are improvements as CPU and IGPU Power Management that this guide didn't mention and many more. All my respect to mactabletman for making possible to install Yosemite in our CC2 all this time, your work was the reason I bought mine and why I was working with it theses past two years :)

If you want to check my guide, here it is:

[Guide] macOS Sierra / Windows 10 - Dual boot - Cintiq Companion 2

Cheers!  :thumbsup_anim:

• Like 1

MAYOR UPDATE, GUYS!! I've got Cintiq Mode fully working!!  :thumbsup_anim:

In fact, it's the only way to properly wake my Companion. Plug cable, go to sleep, it's detected and enter Cintiq Mode. When cable is unplugged, it wakes with everything working (USB, WiFi...)

If I try to wake it pressing Power Button something goes wrong, display remains black, I think there's USB and WiFi issues since I can't use Screen Sharing from my iMac and I need to force reboot.

If I plug video cable while sleeping, Cintiq wakes with black display but this time everything works, you just need to unplug cable and detect displays pressing CMD+F2 (or you can use Screen Sharing). Changing resolution seems to trigger same result.

• Like 3

That's great news, bertolin! Thanks for keeping this thread alive.

About a year ago I tried to hackintosh my 512 Gb model Cintiq Companion 2, but at the time nobody could make that model work... I see your guide, too, only covers the DTHW1310L.

Has anyone yet managed to figure out how to get graphics working on the DTHW1310, or is that model still no good?

Thanks, GrubLord! It was so hard but it's almost there, only thing to make all working is to fix this wake issue.

About different models, guide should be the same except for CPU and graphics.

You must generate a CPU Power Management using Piker's script for your CPU (there some details in my guide but more in Piker's official Github repository, check it out)

About graphics, which model do you have?

• Like 1

The graphics processor in this is Intel Iris Graphics 6100, whereas the processor is the i7-5557U.

I'll look at Piker's repo to figure out the power management, but last time I tried, it was the graphics that killed it: I couldn't get it to recognize graphics acceleration, and was stuck software-rendering everything... which on Mac OS means a lot of waiting on things to draw.

I use the same Companion as GrubLord, but since this is the first time I try to make a hackintosh using Clover instead of Chimera I already stuck at the beginning. If I choose to install OS X in Clover I see the apple logo on black and a progress bar underneath it, then the Companion crashes and restarts. I guess the problem is that all Cintiq Companion CPUs are all Haswell ones, except of this single one, which is a broadwell. This a-mazing realization is of course pretty useless with my level of knowledge. At the moment I try to change MacTabletMans config.plist to Broadwell, well knowing even if I could change it (which is pretty improbable), I have no Idea if this would fix anything.

The graphics processor in this is Intel Iris Graphics 6100, whereas the processor is the i7-5557U.

I'll look at Piker's repo to figure out the power management, but last time I tried, it was the graphics that killed it: I couldn't get it to recognize graphics acceleration, and was stuck software-rendering everything... which on Mac OS means a lot of waiting on things to draw.

Since this guide is done for an Haswell platform and yours is Broadwell, things change. I think you will probably need to read things I didn't related to your hardware. But for what I know so far, Broadwell graphics are supported and yours is supposed to be natively recognized if you properly inject a ig-platform-id and set DVMT-prealloc.

This is what I've found just in two minutes, but I'll go and find more to read if I were you, mate:

- I think you must use 0x16260006 as ig-platform-id (config.plist, in Graphics section).

- Make sure DVMT Pre-allocated in BIOS is at least 64MB (you probably will need to try with different values from there).

- Use Piker's script to generate your CPU Power Management SSDT.

- Find in DSDT and all SSDT GFX0 and replace them with IGPU to get IGPU Power Management.

- You need to use a correct SMBIOS. Macbookpro11,1 has same CPU and graphics than my Companion 2 (i5-4258U and Iris 5100). You must change yours to one that match your hardware. Try with Macbookpro12,1. You can change that in config.plist, in SMBIOS section). You can use Clover Configurator to generate a proper SMBIOS. Backup your config.plist, create a new one with Clover Configurator and select a new SMBIOS (that magic hand icon if I remember well). Select Macbookpro12,1. Search for guides here and there about serials and everything else.

I think with all this you will be able to boot and get graphics recognized ;)

• Like 2

Thank you bertolin. By the way I was finally able to install Yosemite following a guide by RehabMan. Everything I used was pretty pretty basic, if someone is interested in the files or some explanation from someone who probably only was lucky enough I'm happy to share it.

I used some kind of "all round" config.plist, but I also thought, that the Macbookpro 12,1 seems the closest match. So thank you for confirming that.

Thank you bertolin. By the way I was finally able to install Yosemite following a guide by RehabMan. Everything I used was pretty pretty basic, if someone is interested in the files or some explanation from someone who probably only was lucky enough I'm happy to share it.

I used some kind of "all round" config.plist, but I also thought, that the Macbookpro 12,1 seems the closest match. So thank you for confirming that.

I'd love to see your setup, schwarzgrau - I'm still not quite there, still need to read a few things... but scoping out your build could help me a lot.

Since this guide is done for an Haswell platform and yours is Broadwell, things change. I think you will probably need to read things I didn't related to your hardware. But for what I know so far, Broadwell graphics are supported and yours is supposed to be natively recognized if you properly inject a ig-platform-id and set DVMT-prealloc.

This is what I've found just in two minutes, but I'll go and find more to read if I were you, mate:

- I think you must use 0x16260006 as ig-platform-id (config.plist, in Graphics section).

- Make sure DVMT Pre-allocated in BIOS is at least 64MB (you probably will need to try with different values from there).

- Use Piker's script to generate your CPU Power Management SSDT.

- Find in DSDT and all SSDT GFX0 and replace them with IGPU to get IGPU Power Management.

- You need to use a correct SMBIOS. Macbookpro11,1 has same CPU and graphics than my Companion 2 (i5-4258U and Iris 5100). You must change yours to one that match your hardware. Try with Macbookpro12,1. You can change that in config.plist, in SMBIOS section). You can use Clover Configurator to generate a proper SMBIOS. Backup your config.plist, create a new one with Clover Configurator and select a new SMBIOS (that magic hand icon if I remember well). Select Macbookpro12,1. Search for guides here and there about serials and everything else.

I think with all this you will be able to boot and get graphics recognized ;)

bertolin, you're a champion. =)

I've done the clover configurator side of things... still figuring out the DSDT part.

At the moment I'm able to install Yosemite, but not to boot into OS X, after finishing the install. I only see my cursor and a black screen, after the apple logo. I'll try bertolins suggestions and see if this is the way to boot in Yosemite. If so I'll share what I've done.

If you check here Macbookpro12,1 specs, you will see it has same CPU and graphics than your Companion 2. So this is definitively the SMBIOS you must use. Everybody can check RehabMan Github to start guessing which config.plist is better for you to boot the installer and get some post-installation info.

GrubLord, about DSDT patching, I'm just meaning to find GFX0 and change all of them to IGPU. You can use MaciASL for that. This will give you IGPU power management.

At the moment I'm able to install Yosemite, but not to boot into OS X, after finishing the install. I only see my cursor and a black screen, after the apple logo. I'll try bertolins suggestions and see if this is the way to boot in Yosemite. If so I'll share what I've done.

Compare your config.plist to one that match your hardware in RehabMan Github repository, maybe you're missing something. Another thing for those who has a Companion 2 without i5-4258U: you must extract and patch from start your ACPI files (DSDT and SSDT files). Files in this guide match Companion 2 i5 hardware so it won't properly work for yours, guys.

If you check here Macbookpro12,1 specs, you will see it has same CPU and graphics than your Companion 2. So this is definitively the SMBIOS you must use. Everybody can check RehabMan Github to start guessing which config.plist is better for you to boot the installer and get some post-installation info.

GrubLord, about DSDT patching, I'm just meaning to find GFX0 and change all of them to IGPU. You can use MaciASL for that. This will give you IGPU power management.

Thanks bertolin - I did figure out what you meant... I'm just waiting on a disk utility operation, so I can reboot in Recovery mode and turn off the SPI, which is blocking my install/update of iasl.

Quick question... do I have to be installing the system fresh, or would it be OK to try and boot a backup, bootable Mac hard disk after installing the Clover EFI on it and adding the right config & kexts? Does the installer install anything very different dependent on hardware?

Thanks bertolin - I did figure out what you meant... I'm just waiting on a disk utility operation, so I can reboot in Recovery mode and turn off the SPI, which is blocking my install/update of iasl.

Quick question... do I have to be installing the system fresh, or would it be OK to try and boot a backup, bootable Mac hard disk after installing the Clover EFI on it and adding the right config & kexts? Does the installer install anything very different dependent on hardware?

In order to disable SIP you must add this to RtVariables in config.plist:

<key>RtVariables</key>
	<dict>
		<key>BooterConfig</key>
		<string>0x28</string>
		<key>CsrActiveConfig</key>
		<string>0x67</string>
	</dict>

This guide is for Yosemite. If you want to try install macOS Sierra, you can check my guide, because there are things that have changed, like USB, patches to enable BCM94352, new boot glitches patch...

About reinstalling or not, I'll try to start from fresh install but maybe it's not needed.