331 posts in this topic

I think I must have made it at least 6 times realizing that was the issue. Finally decided on a whim to use the Terminal sudo command approach and works like a charm. Not sure if there is something that is subtly different with my Hardware or what but I checked every one of your steps copiously. Anyway it is loading onto my OS X Partition as I write this. Thanks for the help and the kexts etc. I am mystified but there it is...

• Like 1

Haha good stuff. Yeah thats the headache for me with hackintoshing, so many god damn variables from settings in software to hardware configs.  Once its all working its well worth it.  I actually put weeks if not months of time getting this project where it is with trial and error on the cintiq companion 1.  So this time around I was able to apply what I had already learned.  If you could, try out that last DSDT file i uploaded a couple posts back to see if sleep is working.  

Sleep works great. Just a simple touch to wake up.

Sound, Nullethernet all great as well.

Any ideas if there is a way to make the selection in Clover on first boot up without having a USB keyboard connected.

• Like 1

mactabletman:

Sorry I've been out of town for a week or so.

Just tested your new DSDT.aml with "hibernatemode 0" and result as follows:

- System fan seems not to stop even couple of minutes later subsequent to "Sleep"

- Waking up requires an external device such as a mouse (touch screen doesn't work in sleep mode)

• Like 1

Rino,

Strange but my experience has been different as I said above. My system comes out of sleep with a finger touch to the screen and my fan stops as well but if you look back on my previous posts my whole conversion seems to have followed a different set of rules. Was not able to use the instructions here and had to use the terminal sudo command option but basically used the files in the enclosed companion pack.

Wondering if anybody has tried to switch out the Windows EFI folder with the Clover folder to allow for booting without the USB. I was able to do that successfully on a Surface Pro

Sleep works great. Just a simple touch to wake up.

Sound, Nullethernet all great as well.

Any ideas if there is a way to make the selection in Clover on first boot up without having a USB keyboard connected.

Oh awesome, so sleep works!? Im out of town now so cant really test.  Is that with the new DSDT or original? maybe it was the ethernet kexts youre using.  Im dual booting internal with clover in the EFI partition.  Are you sure touch wakes? thats awesome, I was using the power button to wake but the screen would stay black. I will test asap. 

Also yes you can make it auto boot if you want it to boot into a certain OS without a keyboard, but I havent been able to find touch input for clover, hopefully its an option or they can implement it.  Even if they could get the hotkeys or volume keys to let us select with.

The only thing that I added to the SSDT was an ami for the NullEthernetKext. Possibly that made sleep responsive to touch. Not sure why it would though?

Hmm my sleep still wont wake. Still goes to a black screen. I will do a clean install and try again.  Care to upload the files youre using in a pack? DSDT, kexts, etc.  If i can reproduce the results I will update the guide with your files. Thanks!

• Like 1

Using only the files in your pack. As I stated earlier the only difference was the method I used to make my USB boot drive, using the sudo terminal command method.

I am finding that I get bluetooth dropping periodically with my keyboard. Any Ideas? I guess I could use a micro USB bluetooth adapter but prefer not to have to.

Never mind on the bluetooth it was a keyboard issue. Seems pretty solid.

This might sound off the wall but does anybody have any ideas if it is at all possible to assign one of the volume keys (since they don't work for volume) to be the equivalent of the ENTER key during the initial login phase. I have found that by eliminating the need for a password I can log in by tapping that avatar by hand. When it wakes from sleep however it actually requires the ENTER button which means USB keyboard for just that one function, once in the bluetooth keyboard works. That is my only problem as everything else works like a charm. I don't even mind the wifi because I am using an EDIMAX micro USB receiver and it doesn't look ugly and more importantly can fit in the sleeve without taking it out.

mactabletman did you resolve your sleep issue. I wish I could tell you I did something differently. If you like I can PM you the pertinent folders from my EFI folder?

Thanks, I actually have my cintiq tied up i a mold right now, sound strange but im making a case for it that i hope to market if all goes well.  As far as password after sleep isnt this something you can dissable in settings?  What I did with my cintiq22hd was assign one of the hotkeys my password, say the bottom key in wacom setting i would assign my password to. Then when my macbook would wake, I would touch the bottom hotkey then hit the -> arrow on screen to login, no need for a keyboard. Hopefully I have this case mold finished by tomorrow and I can go back to experimenting.  how is daily use for you guys? battery life any issues you run into?

I patched battery problem of your DSDT now my cintiq hackintosh has a Serial Number, so I can use my 'clip studio' app! 

If 'Macs's DSDT sleep is works, I'll try to patch that DSDT to fix the battery.

cheers!

Yes I have full access to iMessage and the App Store but did have to do some modifications directly in the config.plist file in addition to just injecting the NullEthernet kext. Happy to report that sleep is still working and now I basically leave it on permanently and its available any time I need it with a tap.

I patched battery problem of your DSDT now my cintiq hackintosh has a Serial Number, so I can use my 'clip studio' app! 

If 'Macs's DSDT sleep is works, I'll try to patch that DSDT to fix the battery.

cheers!

Can you upload the patch? I want to use Clip Studio too, but it won't run due to absence of Serial Number caused by kexts.

Anyway, still sleep doesn't work. CC2 wakes up with one finger in 20 seconds or so just after 'Sleep' is chosen; however, it never wakes up after that period has passed. Weird.

Can you upload the patch? I want to use Clip Studio too, but it won't run due to absence of Serial Number caused by kexts.

Anyway, still sleep doesn't work. CC2 wakes up with one finger in 20 seconds or so just after 'Sleep' is chosen; however, it never wakes up after that period has passed. Weird.

Just 'patch file' doesn't exists. I patched mactabletman's DSDT file by hand using MaciAsl.

I'll upload that patched DSDT file tomorrow. I haven't the DSDT file right now.

Because Here is Korea and the time is AM 02:40, I'm home now and my cintiq is in my laboratory.

And I don't know how to make sleep works too.. Sometimes sleep seems works good but sometimes sleeping forever until cintiq goes to hell or force shutdown.

Hello everyone and thanks for all the great work! I haven't done any hackintoshing in awhile, but couldn't resist when I seen how awesome the CC2 can handle it with all the Wacom driver support and functionality. Just got my i5 model yesterday. Follow the guide(s) and it's running well, even with iMessage, iCloud, App Store, etc and even purely booting internally. The only thing I can't get past (except sleep, which still isn't working), and I know I'm missing a tiny detail--every time I install the AppleACPIPlatform.kext, I get a kernel panic on boot. I tried using kext wizard, kext utility, repairing permissions, rebuild system kext cache, kext-dev-mode=1 boot arg, but it still panics! Everything that I've used comes from MacTabletMan's package with the exception of Nullethernet.kext. What could I be missing? Any help is much appreciated :)

UPDATE

After cloning my startup disk to spare the pain of repeating installations that I've done a dozen times, I decided to install that kext again and then repair permission and rebuild system kext caches 3 times in a row before restarting and this time it worked! Have a real battery status now :)

Hello everyone and thanks for all the great work! I haven't done any hackintoshing in awhile, but couldn't resist when I seen how awesome the CC2 can handle it with all the Wacom driver support and functionality. Just got my i5 model yesterday. Follow the guide(s) and it's running well, even with iMessage, iCloud, App Store, etc and even purely booting internally. The only thing I can't get past (except sleep, which still isn't working), and I know I'm missing a tiny detail--every time I install the AppleACPIPlatform.kext, I get a kernel panic on boot. I tried using kext wizard, kext utility, repairing permissions, rebuild system kext cache, kext-dev-mode=1 boot arg, but it still panics! Everything that I've used comes from MacTabletMan's package with the exception of Nullethernet.kext. What could I be missing? Any help is much appreciated :)

UPDATE

After cloning my startup disk to spare the pain of repeating installations that I've done a dozen times, I decided to install that kext again and then repair permission and rebuild system kext caches 3 times in a row before restarting and this time it worked! Have a real battery status now :)

Oh, AppleACPIPlatform.kext helps battery work but also causes serial number not available.

My patched DSDT file has fixed the battery problem so If you use my DSDT you don't need to install that kext.

Back to the original AppleACPIPlatform.kext file and try to use my DSDT.

srinn, thanks for the response!  I read it while I was out of the house.  When I got home, I woke the CC2 from display sleep and had an error waiting for me about the AppleACPIPlatform.kext and AppleACPIButton are not usable extensions, followed by my Apple USB keyboard no longer responding.  I installed the backup of the stock AppleACPIPlatform.kext, ran maintenance, swapped out the DSDT with your patched version and it works great :)

Thanks again! 

Yes I have full access to iMessage and the App Store but did have to do some modifications directly in the config.plist file in addition to just injecting the NullEthernet kext. Happy to report that sleep is still working and now I basically leave it on permanently and its available any time I need it with a tap.

Which version of the CLOVER you use?

srinn, thanks for the response!  I read it while I was out of the house.  When I got home, I woke the CC2 from display sleep and had an error waiting for me about the AppleACPIPlatform.kext and AppleACPIButton are not usable extensions, followed by my Apple USB keyboard no longer responding.  I installed the backup of the stock AppleACPIPlatform.kext, ran maintenance, swapped out the DSDT with your patched version and it works great :)

Thanks again! 

I'm glad to be of assistance  :)