331 posts in this topic

Hi mactabletman,

Thanks for your sugestion but I was already using a usb drive formated correctly. I am however, not even getting to installing or sellecting a drive. It reboots before that and when I am using the "good efi" it does not even show the install drive (where my osx installation is).

I think I am not doing everything right because it is working for others.

When I have the time I am going to do it all over agian and follow every step and let you guys know.

thanks again.

Aaron

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, guys! This is my first time learning and trying to create a hackintosh and I want to thank you and also congrats for making all this possible. This is a dream machine!

I've managed to install Yosemite following the guide at the first of this topic in an external drive (Sandisk 32GB UltraFit pen drive) and have everything working (pen, touch, bluetooth, battery...). For now, I don't want to avoid my guarantee so I'll buy an Edimax EW-7811UN, I read it works and it's really small and cheap.

EDIT: Just for you guys to know, the terminal command needs a space between --volume and /Volumes/Yosemite, if not you will get an unrecognized option error. So it would be like this:

sudo /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Yosemite.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Yosemite --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Yosemite.app --no interaction

I've read a lot and tried to get iCloud, Mac App Store or FaceTime working with no result. I've tried Rehabman NullEthernet method, EFIStudio, Clover Configurator, change SMBIOS info, used a real MLB/ROM... I don't know if machine needs a built-in network interface for that to work or I can make it run with an USB wifi adapter, maybe that's the thing. Now, I'm going to start over and tried again but any help or a step by step for dummies would be helpful ^_^U

Well, thanks again for the hard work!

• Like 1

Hey bertolin!  Welcome to the team!  If i remember correctly it should work with the wireless dongle.  I got the app store working with the ethernet hacks in this thread and the customized dsdt, look a few pages back it should be covered, Will try to verify when I get a chance!

• Like 1

Hey, mactabletman, thanks! I read Rehabman thread and that's seems to be the way to fix iCloud but I'm having problems, no matter if I try DSDT or SSDT method.

I've deleted NullEthernet.kext from System/Library/Extensions, ssdt-rmne from EFI/CLOOVER/ACPI/patched and replace DSDT.aml in the pack of this thread. I suppose that's the way to unistall it and start all over again.

I've used MaciASL and the patch.txt from Rehabman to patche DSDT.aml in EFI/CLOOVER/ACPI/patched.

I've install the kext with Kext Wizard and repair and rebuild every time after that.

I've reset network preferences deleting NetworkInterfaces.plist every time and sometimes also deleting preferences.plist.

No results, some errors trying to add interfaces to sysprefs->network every time I deleted preferences.plist. Deleting only NetworkInterfaces.plist doesn't seems to do anything.

So it seems it's a DSDT and SSDT problem. RehabMan told me I need to set order for SSDT files to load, don't use somebody DSDT and not place dynamic SSDTs with static SSDTs.

I'm reading that to set order I must edit config.plist but don't know which order exactly or what exactly to add or change. I'm not even know how to create a clean DSDT.aml, I just used it from zip file of this thread. Need to learn a lot yet ^_^U

Ok, I've managed to solve the problem just adding  <key> Arguments</key><string>kext-dev-mode=1</string> after Boot in config.plist. Now iCloud and Mac App Store working! I supposed I'm still having a mess with my SSDTs boot order as RehabMan said but didn't find any info here at insanely.

Just a silly doubt, every time I used Clover Configurator to change anything in my config.plist I can't get into OSX. Even if it's just to add that simple line (kext-dev-mode=1). I'm using Clover 2.3k_r3185 (because the guide said so, don't know if a newer version solved this) and Clover Configurator 4.24.0 So what I do is change config.plist and look for changes and add it manually. This sounds like I'm doing something wrong, Clover Configurator should work, am I right?

In any case, thanks a lot for your help, guys, I'm closer to a perfect machine now :) Time to check FaceTime and make it work!

Cheers!

EDIT:

Get FaceTime working thanks to this thread  :D Anybody has updated to 10.10.5? is there any problem or necessary thing to do after update? Actually updated iTunes and some minors things but have doubts about a system update.

Now I think it's time to use Clonezilla to clone entire internal SSD (since I read you can create a bootable drive and that way clone the whole hard disk in case to want everything back as it was) and try a few things. Any guide to have dual boot on this machine? I read some of you partitioned internal SSD without loosing your Windows installation.

I'm seeing five partitions in my internal SSD and I don't know if it's normal. FYI I updated to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1.

EDIT2:

I have now dual boot internally, Windows 10 and Yosemite 10.10.3. Managed to solve the case this way:

- Created recovery drive from Windows 10 system option and delete recovery, this will delete that 7,81GB last partition.

- Used Diskpart to delete that third 450MB recovery partition.

- Expand Windows to get all free space.

- Used Diskpart again to shrink Windows.

- Used MacDrive to format free space into new HFS+ volume

- Used a Yosemite Installation Drive created thanks to this guide and boot into OS X  Installation, open Disk Utility and restore new HFS+ volume created using as a source my Sandisk Ultrafit 32GB, where I have Yosemite installed and checked that everything is OK.

- Now I put my EFI/CLOOVER folder from my Sandisk into EFI/CLOOVER folder in my Yosemite Installation Drive used before.

This way if I want to boot into OS X I only need to plug that Yosemite Installation Drive. Other way it boots into Windows.

I'm like a child right now :) :) :) :) :)

PS: if it's posible to install Clover in exFat drives, I'll use my 128GB microSD to chose system to boot. Just one push and it's out-> Windows If I let it in->OS X

EDIT3:

I've installed Clover in mi microSD but Clover Configurator can't mount EFI partition, only show EFI from internal SSD, so I can't modify files and try to boot from it.

Just regarding the sleep, bluetooth not shutting down and SD card slot, everything seems to work well, just painting with Photoshop right now (and it seems faster than running windows).

EDIT4: Ok, this is my last time editing ^_^U

I've get Clover installed in my microSD, fomated in exFat and replaced all the files in EFI/CLOVER. For that, just open Clover Configurator and above you'll see some paths to config.plist files. Click on desired folder to open it without a previos "Mount EFI" action :)

Sorry if I was bothering somebody with so many questions and editing, just want to share what I did in case it helps.

I want to thanks again mactabletman and the rest for the hard work and make this possible! :D

Edited by bertolin

Hey guys, noticed sleep wasn't working for you. You could try this (since you're using Clover). It fixes sleep for me on the Dell Venue Pro (there are graphical errors but I think thats related to my device only. Run this in the terminal:

sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 29

When you wake up the device, just boot as you would normally and it should recover from hibernation. Worth a try.

• Like 2

Hi guys. First, I appreciate everyone in this project and hard work you've done. I got an i7-4558U 256MB CC2 few days ago and finally had a dual boot of Mavericks 10.9.5 and Windows 8.1. This was my first time doing x86 and I'm kinda amazed that I managed to do it by just following every steps you mentioned. The guides were pretty much detailed and so easy to understand even me, who's not a native of English.

Now I have a perfectly working CC2. So far everything except sleep (calibration, touch, bluetooth, sound etc. I haven't checked wifi and SD micro yet) works just right.  This is beautiful.

I wanna get suggestions about bluetooth at the startup. When I boot CC2 and select the drive, stylus, bluetooth mouse and keyboard can't be detected by the system so I need USB wired ones. After Mac OS  comes up bluetooth starts working. I don't like getting a wired keyboard only for using at the startup. Is this normal? Am I doing something wrong with installation? It'd be really helpful if you give me some suggestions about it.

Again, thanks so much for your hard work. I'm so happy that I found this project.

Whoehaa! rubyinthesoda. Wait a minute. You got it working with the i7? Could you give me a step by step with the links to the downloads? I don't think I am a total moron with computers but I did nog managed to get it working with my i7. So if you could help me, that would be great  :)

I must have screwed up some step.

greetings,

Aaron

Hi guys. First, I appreciate everyone in this project and hard work you've done. I got an i7-4558U 256MB CC2 few days ago and finally had a dual boot of Mavericks 10.9.5 and Windows 8.1. This was my first time doing x86 and I'm kinda amazed that I managed to do it by just following every steps you mentioned. The guides were pretty much detailed and so easy to understand even me, who's not a native of English.

Now I have a perfectly working CC2. So far everything except sleep (calibration, touch, bluetooth, sound etc. I haven't checked wifi and SD micro yet) works just right.  This is beautiful.

I wanna get suggestions about bluetooth at the startup. When I boot CC2 and select the drive, stylus, bluetooth mouse and keyboard can't be detected by the system so I need USB wired ones. After Mac OS  comes up bluetooth starts working. I don't like getting a wired keyboard only for using at the startup. Is this normal? Am I doing something wrong with installation? It'd be really helpful if you give me some suggestions about it.

Again, thanks so much for your hard work. I'm so happy that I found this project.

Hi, rybyinthesoda! I'm a newbie like you in this and what I only get to know is that you can boot directly in one of your OS editing your config.plist but there's no way to select a partition in Clover without a usb keyboard or mouse since Clover has not touch support. About getting bluetooth to work in Clover menu, that's way far away from my knowledge ^_^U

hi Aaron. mine is with i7 Haswell. so i'm not sure if it works with Broadwell. anyways, here's the steps.

-split the partitions on CC2 and format it as NTFS (i used Partition Wizard cuz Disc Management on Windows didn't allowed me to shrink the Windows partition smaller than 130GB).

-format the partition as HFS+ and name it Macintosh HD (i used Paragon).

-format USB flash drive as Mac OS Journaled, GUID and create OS X installer (i named it USB drive 1).

-on another USB flash, create a clean bootable clone of OS X (i used my iMac and Carbon Copy Cloner, named it USB drive 2).

-install Clover on USB drive 1.

-add FakeSMC, kexts and DSDTs and replace config.plist from mactabletman's Comapnion2packV3 and GoodEFI from Alleyway. http://www.insanelym...on-2/?p=2149309

-plug USB drive 1 into the top USB port and change BIOS settings.

-boot CC2 from USB drive 1. open Disk Utility.

-plug USB drive 2 and click restore tab. select USB drive 2 as the source and Macintosh HD as the destination. click restore.

-when finished, unplug USB drive 2 and restart. boot from Macintosh HD.

-install Clover on Macintosh HD and add and replace files from Comanion2packV3 and GoodEFI. install kexts with Kext Wizard.

-unmount USB drive 1 and restart. boot from Macintosh HD.

-install Wacom tablet driver 6.3.11w3.

for details, please read the first post by mactabletman and the post by frestyl. http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/304755-cintiq-companion-2/?p=2151294

if you have a trouble making OS X installer on USB flash drives, try these steps. http://mac-how-to.wonderhowto.com/how-to/create-bootable-install-usb-drive-mac-os-x-10-10-yosemite-0155306/

hope it helps. :)

hi bertolin. thanks for the advice. year i think the way you suggested is the best way to solve this problem. i tried to edit config.plist by Clover Configurator but it couldn't start Mac OS after that. probably i did something wrong. can i have the code you edited if you don't mind?

thanks.

If you want to boot directly in any of your partition, you need to find Boot key and strings in your config. plist. Mine is like this:

<key>Boot</key>

<dict>
<key>Arguments</key>
<string>kext-dev-mode=1</string>
<key>Debug</key>
<false/>
<key>DefaultVolume</key>
<string>Wackintosh</string>
<key>Legacy</key>
<string>PBR</string>
<key>Secure</key>
<false/>
<key>Timeout</key>
<integer>0</integer>
<key>XMPDetection</key>
<false/>
</dict>

You need to replace your DefaulVolume (just put its name there, mine is "Wackintosh") and set Timeout to 0 to directly boot your partition. The string key-dev-mode=1 is to properly enable NullEthernet.kext for you information. Hope it helps :)
  • Like 1

hi bertolin. thanks for the code. sadly, for some reason it didn't work for my CC2. after i edited it, the theme of the startup screen was changed (i use Bootcamp theme but it was changed something blueish) and when i selected the drive, it returned to Wacom logo rightly after Apple logo appeared. it seems it can't read the drive. it's the same issue when i edited config.plist by Clover Configurator. probably i'm missing something. should work about it (or get a USB keyboard). anyway, thanks so much for your help. it was helpful. :)

• 2 months later...

Hi again, everybody! Since this topic seems to be kinda stopped I want to share some test I did with all of you, guys. Remember I'm new to this hackintosh so I probably did something wrong or weird.

- I tried to get sleep working with no result. Tried hibernatemode command in terminal as alex.daoud suggested among other different values. Here you can find more info about hibernate mode.

- Tried to fix that graphic glitch in second boot stage adding this to config.plist. Glitch changes and looks less weird but it's not perfect.

- About graphics, I saw in other forums that this Intel Iris 5100 should have more than 1024MB VRAM but for me it was showing only that. I checked that Windows showed more too so I had a feeling that I was missing some performance under OSX. I changed ig-platform-id for my Intel Iris 5100 in config.plist with this value 0xa2e000a 0xa2e0008 which is from same graphics but from an i7 processor if I remember well. I confirmed in Photoshop 3D preferences how much VRAM was available under OSX with this new ig.platform-id and it shows 1516MB and system info shows 1536MB! This change brings minors glitches to app icons in missing control or menu bar but for now it seems to work and more VRAM is available. System also shows display as integrated instead of external, display port still working. To confirm VRAM performance I checked Corel Painter watercolor brushes works better under OS X than Windows. This is so great.

I found no information about how to get volume buttons or PCI card reader working. I know mactabletman reported volume up button works only one time after boot for him but for me never worked. If we could fix these, this machine will be perfect.

I was working with this Wacom Companion 2 Hackintosh since October and it works flawless. I will be reporting more tests or changes.

And Merry Christmas, guys!! Best wishes in this holiday season!!

Well, I stumbled across it just recently, and I've been trying to get it running for the Broadwell i7 one, as I'm quite new to hackintosh and mac in general, I've not really had the time to cross the first big knowledge gap yet, but I will over the holidays for sure. So, as a kickstart and learning base for me (and others potentially), has anyone gotten the 512 gb broadwell i7 version running smoothly? (known problems excluded).

• 2 months later...

Hi All,

First, thanks to everyone on this forum for sharing their experiences and procedures. I just snagged an i3 CC2 on eBay and successfully swapped in a 512GB SSD. I'm currently working on partitioning it for dual-boot Yosemite.

If anyone's curious about the disk swap, here's what worked for me:

1. Got a used m.2 SSD and put it in an external enclosure (mSATA to USB3 cable)
  2. Booted into Windows on the CC2. I used EaseUS Todo Backup to make a sector by sector clone of the internal SSD to the external.
  3. Opened up the case and swapped the SSD's.

Make sure to expand the size of the windows partition on the destination drive before cloning so you have a giant contiguous windows partition. I forgot to do this and had to move the recovery partition to the last sectors afterward using PartedMagic.

Anyways, I tried swapping out the SODIMMs while I had the case open, but had no luck. The CC2 would turn on and the fans would spin up, but the screen remained dark as though the machine didn't get past POST (scary!) I used these chips:

Kingston 16GB (2 x 8G) 204-Pin DDR3 SO-DIMM DDR3 1333 Laptop Memory Model KVR13S.

I thought matching the clock speed would be enough, but apparently not. Anyone who has completed a successful RAM upgrade care to share their specs? Maybe the i3 can't max out at 16GB?

Hi, Greg! Sorry to hear that, I don't know exactly why RAM is not working. Installed modules are 1600mhz and yours are 1333mhz, could be that the problem?

mactabletman, aka The CG Alchemist, used this and it worked for him. 

• Like 1

Hi, Greg! Sorry to hear that, I don't know exactly why RAM is not working. Installed modules are 1600mhz and yours are 1333mhz, could be that the problem?

mactabletman, aka The CG Alchemist, used this and it worked for him. 

Hi Bertolin, that could be it. I'll try some 1600 mhz sodimms when I have a chance. For now, I'm trying to sort out the video acceleration. The i3 model GPU is an Intel HD 4400, as opposed to the Iris 5100/6100 in the other models. The tops of the windows (title bar & close/minimize/maximize buttons) are slow to refresh. I'm guessing I have the wrong kext/driver? I used CG Alchemist's kexts for my install.

• 4 months later...

Just a little update and question, guys.

I've added more RAM (HyperX 8GB) and replace WiFi with BCM94352Z and everything works. Now bluetooth can be turn off, WiFi is recognize as internal Airport card and Handoff is working. All iCloud services and FaceTime still working too.

Issues:

- Airdrop: only work between old macs. Can't find my iPhone 5S

- Airplay: only send audio (but Airparrot can send audio and video)

Country code of my WiFi card is FCC-US. I don't know if I need to change it to my region, Spain (Europe).

Any idea or help? I read that maybe airdrop works if I change my country code but couldn't find how to do it.

UPDATE (31 July):

I've managed to change my country code from US to ES. More info HERE

Now Airdrop to my iPhone works :) Airdrop to old Macs and Handoff still working. Now I can connect to channels 12 and 13 too.

But locale now shows unknown. I'm trying to know how to change it to ETSI.

One more thing I see WiFi is not going above 145Mbps but under Windows it does. Any idea why?

UPDATE (5 August)

I did a fresh install with the last version of Clover using updated kexts (BrcmPatchRAM, BrcmFirmwareRepo, FakePCIID, Fake PCCID Broadcom Wifi, FakeSMC...) and now Airplay is working.

Still trying to fix Locale Unknown...