331 posts in this topic

First off, great work srinn! Thanks for fixing the DSDT to run battery without that kext.  But I have to say im still having issues with sleep and possibly power management.  Its strange that we're having such mixed results from each other.  I would like to update the guide with a working pack for sleep, battery, etc... But I cant replicate the results.  Speed seems fine in most cases, but when i run power hungry stuff like zbrush it seems to be handled better in windows so im wondering if theres some steps missing, I will have a look at it later when i have more time and get more sleep.  Thanks for the kexts, config, and dsdt files Macs but when I use that stuff the computer gets stuck at the boot screen.  Are you sure you have sleep working? does the green indicator light start "breathing"?  Seems odd that it would be able to wake from sleep via screen touch as I would think this component would be powered off in sleep.  Anyway, working on it a bit today, once I get sleep working I will update the guide. Thanks for all the hard work and contribution from all of you!  The progress made is great and I honestly prefer running it over Windows. 

Hi guys!

UPS just dropped in the new Cintiq :thumbsup_anim:

So, I'm going to spend the rest of the day with OSX & co. What is the latest status on the installation? Mactabletman's file package version 2 and srinn's DSDT?

Hi guys!

UPS just dropped in the new Cintiq :thumbsup_anim:

So, I'm going to spend the rest of the day with OSX & co. What is the latest status on the installation? Mactabletman's file package version 2 and srinn's DSDT?

If you use srinn's DSDT, then you can skip installing the AppleACPIPlatform.kext from the package. I was having a lot of issues with the Wacom drivers working in my apps like toon boom harmony v12 in Yosemite 10.10.3, so I followed the same guide steps for installing Mavericks 10.9.5 instead and using Wacom tablet driver 6.3.11w3 instead of the latest. Now I'm not getting constantly crashing Wacom drivers and don't have to restart all the time. It's been working beautifully now

Yes I have full access to iMessage and the App Store but did have to do some modifications directly in the config.plist file in addition to just injecting the NullEthernet kext. Happy to report that sleep is still working and now I basically leave it on permanently and its available any time I need it with a tap.

What kind of mod did you do in the config.plist?

I tried the NullEthernet injection, but I couldn't get access to the App Store. In the network settings the ethernet is listed. It has a orange tab. Should it be that way?

UPDATE

Never mind, got it working. The NullEthernet wasn't the en0 port so I deleted all entries and rebooted.

Haven't tried to use the cintiq in daily use with adobe software & co. but everythings seems to work solid except the sleep of course. I've mapped the Apple screen keyboard to the Windows button but I haven't figured of yet how to login without my bluetooth keyboard. Living without a password isn't an option so there has to be some way to launch the onscreen keyboard at login. I'm now trying different third party onscreen keyboard. If something works, I'll notice you guys.

Btw, does anybody have found a suitable wifi card yet?

• Like 1

Haven't tried to use the cintiq in daily use with adobe software & co. but everythings seems to work solid except the sleep of course. I've mapped the Apple screen keyboard to the Windows button but I haven't figured of yet how to login without my bluetooth keyboard. Living without a password isn't an option so there has to be some way to launch the onscreen keyboard at login. I'm now trying different third party onscreen keyboard. If something works, I'll notice you guys.

I ordered a mess of upgrades for my i5 CC2.  One of them is a wifi card.

A Lenovo NGFF wifi card that has the same chipset mentioned earlier in this thread.  It's part no 20-200480 and my research shows that it should work.  Bonus is that it was only $26.40 on partstore.com  .  I will update after I install it as to if it works or not

Also ordered a 500GB SSD w/ 2280 NGFF form from crucial (MX200) and also a 8GB RAM stick

I really hope this wifi card works so I can tell all you great peeps that we have a reasonably priced internal solution for wifi.

I ordered a mess of upgrades for my i5 CC2.  One of them is a wifi card.

A Lenovo NGFF wifi card that has the same chipset mentioned earlier in this thread.  It's part no 20-200480 and my research shows that it should work.  Bonus is that it was only $26.40 on partstore.com  .  I will update after I install it as to if it works or not

Also ordered a 500GB SSD w/ 2280 NGFF form from crucial (MX200) and also a 8GB RAM stick

I really hope this wifi card works so I can tell all you great peeps that we have a reasonably priced internal solution for wifi.

Hmm, the Lenovo wifi card seems interesting. Obviously it is used in the Lenovo Yoga 2, which my girlfriend happens to own... :dev:

On my old cintiq 22hd I could program one of the express keys with my password and press it on the lockscreen.  Unfortunately this doesnt work for us unless your just unlocking from sleep and not start up because it would require the wacom driver to be initialized and the express keys working.  I wonder if theres a script that can do this.  For now i just disable the password screen, not sure if this is an option for you. Also nice idea mapping the windows key to the on screen keyboard but I personally use the five finger tap which seems pretty efficient.  

So far I prefer this over stock windows, touch gestures work great, five finger slide out for desktop, slide in for launchpad, five finger tap for keyboard, two finger scroll, etc.  I just wish we could get sleep to work and it would be all set.  

Chuppie do you have a link to the wifi card? I would be in heaven if this thing works.  Let us know asap! :D  Was also considering upgrading the SSD with the 500gb model as it seems pretty cheap, but im going to wait until i actually need it.  

I might be crazy but im also considering replacing the screen protector with an after market one, the screen grain is so ugly to me.

On my old cintiq 22hd I could program one of the express keys with my password and press it on the lockscreen.  Unfortunately this doesnt work for us unless your just unlocking from sleep and not start up because it would require the wacom driver to be initialized and the express keys working.  I wonder if theres a script that can do this.  For now i just disable the password screen, not sure if this is an option for you. Also nice idea mapping the windows key to the on screen keyboard but I personally use the five finger tap which seems pretty efficient.  

So far I prefer this over stock windows, touch gestures work great, five finger slide out for desktop, slide in for launchpad, five finger tap for keyboard, two finger scroll, etc.  I just wish we could get sleep to work and it would be all set.  

Chuppie do you have a link to the wifi card? I would be in heaven if this thing works.  Let us know asap! :D  Was also considering upgrading the SSD with the 500gb model as it seems pretty cheap, but im going to wait until i actually need it.  

I might be crazy but im also considering replacing the screen protector with an after market one, the screen grain is so ugly to me.

According to the tracking information, I should be getting this wifi card on this coming Wednesday.  It's coming by UPS so there's no chance of an early delivery.  I'll be waiting with screwdriver in hand when I see that truck pull up and report back.

Here is the link to the wifi card I ordered:

https://partstore.com/Part/Lenovo/Lenovo/20200480/Refurbished

There's no image of it, but I will simply return it if it isn't the right chipset.

I found this chart the most helpful in pinning down a candidate for a card:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Wg4xt_k_fv9UfucFyCJy0Nt-kUe9MMuWYiD2aCD80DU/pub?gid=1

All in all, it is supposed to be a key E NGFF 2230 with the BCM94352Z chipset.   And yes, found in the Yoga,  :whistle:

I'll let you all know ASAP :)

• Like 1

Sorry for interrupting but can you use CC2 in so called "Desktop Mode" when it is plugged HDMI/USB cables in the other computer?

My (host, Apple branded) Mac can detect CC2 as an external display with proper resolution;

however the screen of CC2 remains black and Wacom Driver says "A supported tablet was not found on the system".

I'm using the latest driver (6.3.11-3a) on Mac OS X 10.10.3. CC2 is connected directly to the Mac with a HDMI/USB stock cable.

How about yours?

I got the same setup as you and the cintiq behaves like yours...

Maybe the cintiq needs to be switched on? Have you tried it with booting into windows and then connecting the cable?

I've tried to boot into osx, but the screen switches to black at some point.

atmark, mactabletman:

Thanks for replying. I completely uninstalled Windows, including Recovery Partition, so I cannot login to Windows now.

I'm going to re-install Windows/OS X on the internal storage without Clover boot loader to see it works or not.

Figured out half of sleep mode. I've been researching the hell out of this subject and tried something today that got it to enter sleep. I used terminal and unloaded com.apple.driver.appleusbxhci. Granted, doing this took away my ability to interface with it, but I pressed the power switch in for a second and the screen went black, then the fans shut down and low and behold, the little light on the side began breathing. But pressing the power button only woke it up halfway. The fans came back on, the light stayed a solid green, but the screen didn't wake. Had to hard shut down. At least it appears that the USB 3.0 driver/hardware is part if the issue.

I've been running Mavericks 10.9.5 for weeks. Sleep didn't work normally on this OS either. Getting it to enter actual sleep mode by unloading the stock apple USB 3.0 kext is the closest I've come.

hey chuppie I get the same results using genericusb and selecting -gux-defer-usb2 under the boot tab of clover configurator. You might have to play with darkwake as well if i remember correctly.  If you play with the ig platform of the graphics tab, it stops sleeping.  So im guessing its something to do with the graphics card being run by a usb port and not being initialized after wake up while the backlight is.  Im going to try to save a ioregistry file for both states and compare them. 

hey chuppie I get the same results using genericusb and selecting -gux-defer-usb2 under the boot tab of clover configurator. You might have to play with darkwake as well if i remember correctly. If you play with the ig platform of the graphics tab, it stops sleeping. So im guessing its something to do with the graphics card being run by a usb port and not being initialized after wake up while the backlight is. Im going to try to save a ioregistry file for both states and compare them.

Im going to try the darwake flags. I'm reading 8 and 10 are the preferred ones. I tired the genericUSBxhci kext and the same boot arg as you. I didn't really do anything. Looks like all ports are still USB 3 controlled by the apple xhci kext. That was the behavior in Mavericks. I did notice if it booted without the USB wifi adapter connected, then it would get a little closer, but constantly wakeup ever few sseconds, then the fans would spin down, the light would start to fade on the side and then it would wake up and repeat that loop. When you did the generic USB xhci and boot arg, did you pull the apple xhci kext?

Still haven't gotten sleep to work.  But I am happy to report that wifi card arrived today and after a nerve-wracking experience opening this thing up and installing it and the new RAM, it does work!!!

I hear it works OOB in Yosemite, but I had to install Rehabmans' FakePCIID kext and the FakePCIID_BCM94352Z_as_BCM94360CS2.kext, repaired permissions and rebooted, wifi works no problem :)

Still have to do the extra work to get Bluetooth back.  And my microSD card/card slot stopped working, but still detected by the system.  I'll have to see if I messed up the card itself.

there you have it.  Lenovo PN 20-200480 FTW

Update:

Bluetooth is working with the BCMPatchRAM.kext in the clover kexts directory.

Still cannot get the MicroSD card slot to work anymore :(  Was fine before this installation.  I tried multiple cards and Console returns this error:

5/12/15 3:30:22.000 PM kernel[0]: USBMSC Identifier (non-unique): 20121112761000000 0xbda 0x177 0x7711, 2

Anyone have any ideas about how to correct this?

Also, I noticed that my link to partstore.com stopped working, hopefully this one works so you guys can scoop one of these cards up:
  • Like 2

AWESOME NEWS!  Im really excited that the wifi internally works.  I will have to order one soon.  For sleep to work for me I had to installed the genericusb kext with kext wizard to the S/L/E directory, then use gux_defer_usb2 bootflag, and I think darkwake. Play with add clockID and fix ownership also.  With these settings I was able to get it to sleep and have a breathing led light.  It would only wake when I pushed the power switch again and the backlight would come on but the screen would stay black. As for the microSD slot, i think thats strange, It shouldnt be effected by the installation of the wifi, maybe by the kexts? Can you uninstall them and try without to see if it comes back?

I got sleep to the same point as you did. It wakes up but the screen remains black. Could it have something to do with the ig-platform-id? The glitches during the boot sequence make me think it could be wrong, although it works otherwise as it should.

I got sleep to the same point as you did. It wakes up but the screen remains black. Could it have something to do with the ig-platform-id? The glitches during the boot sequence make me think it could be wrong, although it works otherwise as it should.

Yeah I agree I was actually plugging away at the ig platform Id yesterday and will do some more work tomorrow. There were different results with some, like a top bar with color issues, and one that booted without the boot screen errors. I will let you know if I get it figured out.  The problem is that there are so many variables, we need to get the right combo of darkwake, ig platform, etc... I did play with it for a while tonight and had it giving me around 3-4 hours of runtime. I was using maya and some surfing in safari.  When i fired up zbrush it went to {censored}, the fans went crazy and the remaining time started dropping fast. weird. 

Hi,

finally got my hands on the enhanced model.

I followed the instructions to the letter and tried 5 times to recreate the usb installer drive and install but I keep running into a problem :

I manage to make the usb drive boot to clover, I have bootcamp theme so I click on the orange disk that represent the installer, it then switch to the apple logo but right after reboot. So in the end I never reach the installer.

When I put the safe mode or verbose mode from Clover (right click), I can see that it stops and freezes at the ACPI line.

The CC2 Enhanced model is running on a Broadwell CPU (core i7-5557U) and surely has different MB chipsets than the other CC2.

I am really a noob with this so does anyone has an idea what might be wrong and how to fix it ?

The core i7-5557u is also running on the MacBook Pro (13-inch Retina Early 2015) - should I changed the clover config.plist to match that Mac ID ? I guess there are also other things to modify...

Any help would be highly appreciated, can't wait to make this dream come true  :)

Did you use an USB3 memory stick? What was the exact information you got when it froze?

I believe your installer stick is missing something rather than your mb has a different chipset.

You can try the files from my installer EFI partition if you like: (they are working for sure)

https://mega.co.nz/#!yYsmWQ4I!mPjNYq51JNVcB3Y9x5Ge1-hIQP6eOddI-OiIqhvlKSM

Just unzip and put the EFI folder on the EFI partition. You can use for example Clover Configurator to mount the EFI partition.

If you get Yosemite installed then install the Kexts from mactabletman's package with Kext Wizard. Remember to rebuild your kext caches.

Hi atmark,

thank you for your help. Yes I've used a brand new USB3 stick that is pretty fast. Here is the last screen I get before it freezes : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/18048904/image1.JPG

The thing is that I never reach the Yosemite installer... I'm going to try right now with the files from your installer EFI partition.

Hi atmark,

I've tried with your files in the EFI partition and it does exactly the same, it freezes on the same screen that I have posted and I never get to the installer.

I've tried also with a more recent version of clover but get to the same result...

I noticed three weird lines in the image you sent.

"name" not a kext

"FailedCLUT" not a kext

"FailedImage" not a kext

I'll do a verbose boot to see what my cintiq is putting out...

UPDATE:

Nevermind, I get the same lines while booting...

UPDATE 2:

Just looked into the log from the boot. The ACPI line where your cintiq freezes has to do something with sleep.

In my log I have the line: "ACPI: sleep states S3 S4 S5". I got the i5 version.