331 posts in this topic

Did you uncheck all of the DSDT fixes in the clover boot menu?  Not sure if the config file I included has this already done.   also what method did you use to make the USB installer? Was it the terminal line command or the drag and drop with disk utility?

Hi atmark,

thanks for all the trials you have made and the clue about the sleep. I just woke up and will try couple of things today and will keep you posted. I'm pretty sure mactabletman should have more info since he has spent so much time crafting the CC1 install and then ported it to the CC2.

Ok I had not seen the answer of mactabletman, I'm still sleepy  ^_^

Ok thanks I'm going to try to uncheck all the DSDT fixes and report after.

I might also try to extract the DSDT myself like Rehabman explains it here : https://github.com/RehabMan/HP-ProBook-4x30s-DSDT-Patch/wiki/How-to-patch-your-DSDT

For the USB installer, I have used for the moment the method with the sudo command, I might try the other one but I have the feeling that it is not that the problem, especially people mentioned problem on with the drag and drop one, not the sudo one... Do you think it can make a difference ?

No it shouldnt make a huge difference, if anything youre using the right method with the sudo command.  I hope you get it working, I would like to know how it performs. Keep us posted and I will let you know if I think of anything else.  Oh also, try to do it with just the fakesmc kext in the 10.10 folder. I think thats all you need and the others might confuse things, but I could be wrong. 

There was still the add PNLF fix activated in the DSDT Fix mask, I've tried to deactivate it but it does the same and stop at ACPI.

I've also tried every single boot option, If I'm not loading the kext, I'm getting further but it freezes anyway, see the screen I get here : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/18048904/IMG_4210.JPG

How have you come up with the patches for the DSDT file, I've extracted it using clover but now I suppose I have to patch it... How have you patched yours ? Do you have a good reference on how to do this ?

Also how have you come up with the modified config.plist files ? Any guidelines on how to do this ?

I'm just trying to understand what is the process that you have used coming from CC1 to CC2, I guess I can reapply this to this version. The MB is surely different between Haswell vs Broadwell.

hmmm well I dont fully remember how i did the DSDT its been a few weeks now, I have some install notes that are incredibly sloppy but I will copy and past some paragraphs.

"‘

made installer with gold master yosemite, added chameleon with ativ guide. used 4 cintiq preboot kexts added config plist from the canal folder, unchecked all options and booted, installing now.

for it to boot i had to put in igplatform in the config file 0x0c260000 and delete all the dsdt options

extract all the dsdt files with clover then delete everything but the dsdt and ssdt aml files then use iasl from the terminal to make the working dsdt file.  Switch maciasl to 5.0 in preferences and then compile.  If there is an error, delete that line. 

delete edid

with inject intel

and 01660000"

I think In the graphics options of the clover menu you might have to do those things, with the EDID and what not.  Keep in mind this is all just junk i threw down while experimenting. but hey it might help.

"using most recent yosemite

it will show a circle with a slash thru it,  and say still waiting for root. 

use kext-dev, cpus=1, -x -v 04128086 only inject intel

boot into installer

"

"use the guide to make 2 partitions on the usb installer add clover to the usb with the selected options plus dxe and emu or whatever three you normally use, make sure the 32kb ntfs file is in the folder add the dsdt files and edit the config (no sys bio just deselect airport and hda, plus video ig platform).  Boot into yosemite installer, use disk util to paritiion drive click install OS X, it will prep, then restart, select install yosemite again, this time it will install. "

Hi everyone,

I have managed to boot to the installer yesterday and install OS X on a USB drive. I had to do modifications to the kext used and the config.plist. The Iris 6100 graphic acceleration does not work but I found a detailed article on how to make it work. I have not tried yet to install the Wacom driver but I guess it should work. Single finger touch was working OOB. I will post a full guide once I get the Iris 6100 to work and get a usable setup.

By the way, has anyone managed to install OS X after shrinking the Windows partition ? It does not seem to work and the OS X installer would not let me select the new partition to install OS X on it. What would be the solution to make it dual boot ? Does OS X have to sit on the partition 1 ?

Without the graphic acceleration and running on the USB drive OS X is pretty slow... Thanks again for your help.

hey thats great news! To get graphics working, you should only have to change the ig platform in the config plist file. Try 0x162B8086 or 0x162B0000.  As far as Dual boot, for me I partitioned the internal drive to two parts and installed windows on the first then cloned OSX to the second with disk manager in the installer.  After that you just install clover to the internal drive. 

Not getting a proper wake from sleep is driving me bananas. I extracted the DSDT from windows and compared to it the patched one and not seeing any discrepancies as to the devices that should be notifified to be woken up. Of course, I'm doing my best to study this with novice eyes and online self help. I tried the darkwakes, the boot flag gux-defer-usb2 with genericUSBxhci and it will sleep but still the no video on wake. Tried to use -xcpm bootflag and turned off Pstate and Cstate generation to allow the kernel to handle haswell power management, but that didn't make a difference. Tried other hibernatemodes. I tired toggling the different USB options in clover, but still the same issue. I feel like we are super close. Maybe we need a Disney prince to give it a true-love's kiss to wake this thing up all the way.

(UPDATE)

Did some more experimenting today. Before I noticed that the CAPS lock key was responsive on a USB keyboard and my magic mouse would show it's connected after waking from sleep with a solid green LED on the bottom side. So I decided to connect the CC2 to an external monitor (happy to see display out works), then put it to sleep. When I woke it up (with the power switch), the external monitor did wake up and I could move my mouse cursor onto its display. But when I tried to restart from the Apple menu, got the spinning beach ball and there was some slight flickering on sections of the external monitor. So now we know the CC2 is actually waking, but the internal display and something else isn't initializing after wake.

used GenericUSBxhci.kext, gux_defer_usb2 and darkwake=1 in this experiment

• Like 1

I really wish I could tell you guys what I did differently to get sleep working but I have now been using consistently for a few months and the screen saver comes on after the prescribed time (wakes by touch) and then when the screen goes blank it is woken either by finger or stylus touch. Just dumb luck I think but if there are any files you can think of me sharing that might help I will be willing to. I would be frustrated as heck if sleep did not work as that changes the whole user experience.

Yeah, still can't get it to wake up properly. I've spent whole days working on it. Here are some of the things that I've tried recently:

DSDT Patching using Rehabman's Fix WAK Arg v2

DSDT/SSDT patching to rename GFX0 to iGPU so that AGPM will handle GPU power management

FIX_WAK, FIX_S3D, Suspend Override, SlpSmiAtWake flags

Enabled native Haswell power management via the kernel and XCPM

Been studying the hell out of DSDT, wondering if the OSYS values were changed if the internal display would be initialized after wake

Casually tinkering with BIOS modding and got the tools to extract and edit the Aptio UEFI bios to include the ACPI options that are hidden in the Advanced section. But need to figure out: 1, what is the UUID of the ROM to extract to enable the menu and 2. what I am doing in general, that's why it's a casual endeavor as I don't want to brick this thing.

Since the built-in display is not given the conventional name like LCD0, I can't tell if it is being notified to wake on system wake. There is no real mention from what I can see if it in the DSDT.aml, just in SSDT-7.aml.

Macs', when your CC2 goes to sleep, does the light on the side start pulsing on and off? I can get it to do that when using GenericUSBXHCI.kext and the gux_defer_usb2 flag. I did run console and had it placed on an external monitor prior entering sleep, and when waking it up, the console messages mention something to the effect that Patriot memory (which I believe to be the firmware chip) is requesting a certain amount of mA power, but is not able to receive it, then the inevitable system wide hang and spinning beach ball comes right after, forcing a hard restart. Also mentions that BcrmPatchRAM was having some issues, and I read that it can crash the USB bus on wake, but removing the kext didn't resolve anything.

I'm not an expert on any of this, but am trying everything relevant in the vast amount of resources in the web about this topic. I feel like it's either something small in the DSDT/SSDTs, or something that could be resolved by enabling the advanced ACPI settings in the Aptio BIOS.

But Macs is correct, it definitely does have quite the impact on the user experience. This device doesn't have great battery life, feels a little better with kernel power management which gave one more Cstate than before. But I would like to be able to walk away for a short period of time and put the CC2 to sleep rather than leave it run to drain battery or shut it down until I am ready to use it again.

I'll keep plugging away at it.

• Like 1

Yes im also curios if Macs can confirm the pulsating light when your device sleeps.  I know the screen can sleep and be woken with touch but I dont think actual device sleep would wake by touch.  Is your device sleeping or just the screen?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Still haven't gotten sleep to work.  But I am happy to report that wifi card arrived today and after a nerve-wracking experience opening this thing up and installing it and the new RAM, it does work!!!

I hear it works OOB in Yosemite, but I had to install Rehabmans' FakePCIID kext and the FakePCIID_BCM94352Z_as_BCM94360CS2.kext, repaired permissions and rebooted, wifi works no problem :)

Still have to do the extra work to get Bluetooth back.  And my microSD card/card slot stopped working, but still detected by the system.  I'll have to see if I messed up the card itself.

there you have it.  Lenovo PN 20-200480 FTW

Update:

Bluetooth is working with the BCMPatchRAM.kext in the clover kexts directory.

Still cannot get the MicroSD card slot to work anymore :(  Was fine before this installation.  I tried multiple cards and Console returns this error:

5/12/15 3:30:22.000 PM kernel[0]: USBMSC Identifier (non-unique): 20121112761000000 0xbda 0x177 0x7711, 2

Anyone have any ideas about how to correct this?

Also, I noticed that my link to partstore.com stopped working, hopefully this one works so you guys can scoop one of these cards up:

I got my wifi card at last.. Are they difficult to get or what!? :shock:

Anyway, I can confirm that the card is not working OOB. You'll have to install the kext chuppiejones suggests.

With those, wifi and bluetooth are working. Btw, I don't have any issues with the MicroSD. It's working the way it did before.

Although, there are two things I noticed:

1. I can't access 5GHz networks

2. The handoff isn't supported

As of the first one, I believe there was a thing you could do to change the countrycode in order to get the 5GHz band working. I'll have to check it later.

• 2 weeks later...

Im new to all this and am trying to get os X to install. I have made the installer drive a bunch of times and every time it boots to clover and after selecting the os X install it goes to the apple logo with a loading bar but then goes back to clover. Any thoughts?

• Like 1

It is the 256gb i7 and the latest version of Yosemite from the app store.

Gotcha.  A couple things that I experienced that Mactabletman did too, is I had to go out and purchase a USB 3.0 flash drive for my installer and use it in the top USB port.  Are you installing internally or externally?  Did you happen to get your i7 model recently?  I seen that Wacom decide to make both of the i7 models with the 5th gen Broadwell i7 with the Iris graphics 6100 GPU.  Or did you get yours before they did that and have the 4th gen i7 with the Iris 5100 GPU?  The biggest differences is you're probably going to need to create a DSDT and SSDTs for it that differ from what Mactabletman provided.  Alexway on this thread has the model with the iris 6100 GPU, but with no acceleration.

Gotcha.  A couple things that I experienced that Mactabletman did too, is I had to go out and purchase a USB 3.0 flash drive for my installer and use it in the top USB port.  Are you installing internally or externally?  Did you happen to get your i7 model recently?  I seen that Wacom decide to make both of the i7 models with the 5th gen Broadwell i7 with the Iris graphics 6100 GPU.  Or did you get yours before they did that and have the 4th gen i7 with the Iris 5100 GPU?  The biggest differences is you're probably going to need to create a DSDT and SSDTs for it that differ from what Mactabletman provided.  Alexway on this thread has the model with the iris 6100 GPU, but with no acceleration.

Dang yeah it must be the newest cause I just got it this past week. Really want to figure out how to get os X on there cause Windows is just not cutting it!

I am totally new to this so if anyone can help me figure it out I would really appreciate it!

Also I have been using a brand new usb 3 64gb san disk thumb drive. everything works till I try to run the installer. it loads the apple logo and the status bar then just goes back to the clover menu.

Well I have now been able to get it to install thanks to the EFI from Alexway. 

I am guessing that the graphics card isn't working properly yet still since the windows have a lot of lag and the tops of them disappear when you move them. 

I tried changing the ig platform to the ones Mactabletman had suggested back on page 6 but no luck. Any other ideas? 

Hi everyone,

I have managed to boot to the installer yesterday and install OS X on a USB drive. I had to do modifications to the kext used and the config.plist. The Iris 6100 graphic acceleration does not work but I found a detailed article on how to make it work. I have not tried yet to install the Wacom driver but I guess it should work. Single finger touch was working OOB. I will post a full guide once I get the Iris 6100 to work and get a usable setup.

By the way, has anyone managed to install OS X after shrinking the Windows partition ? It does not seem to work and the OS X installer would not let me select the new partition to install OS X on it. What would be the solution to make it dual boot ? Does OS X have to sit on the partition 1 ?

Without the graphic acceleration and running on the USB drive OS X is pretty slow... Thanks again for your help.

I would just like to start by saying thank you to Mactabletman and everyone who has contributed here, this is really awesome stuff.

I finally received my CC2 i7/512 this week and I have read through the thread and it appears the i7 is a little different from the other models. I have tried to piece together changes from the i5 to i7 method, but with so many posts cross-referencing others I'm not sure I have it all. 

I saw in one of the last posts the cjames had success with and EFI Alexway had provided, but the Iris 6100 acceleration was still didn't appear to be working. 

I guess my question here is... What is the current status of OS X on the i7 models and is there a written method of the i7 variant, or a complete list of changes of what worked for the i7?

-Thanks!

• Like 1

Hey frestyl, I was away from the project for a couple weeks but plan on returning tomorrow.  In the meantime, I feel like everything for the i5 model install should work the same with the exception of the graphics card.  Look up the iris 6100 ig platform id's. I used the standard 5000 series id instead of the 5100 but try a few different ones.  The iris pro 6100 is "8086:162B" which should translate to 0x162b0000 so try that also the iris 6000 is "8086:1626" which should be 0x16260000 try that also. Let me know how it goes.  

• Like 1

Hey frestyl, I was away from the project for a couple weeks but plan on returning tomorrow.  In the meantime, I feel like everything for the i5 model install should work the same with the exception of the graphics card.  Look up the iris 6100 ig platform id's. I used the standard 5000 series id instead of the 5100 but try a few different ones.  The iris pro 6100 is "8086:162B" which should translate to 0x162b0000 so try that also the iris 6000 is "8086:1626" which should be 0x16260000 try that also. Let me know how it goes.  

Mactabletman, thanks for the info. This morning I tried the i5 method using each of the ig platform id's for the 6000/6100. Unfortunalty after getting to Clover the process hauled on the apple log after the installer was started. I ran verbose and the process ended on line showing root device UUID 'xxxx-xxxxx-xxxx'. 

Unfortunately after a few attempts I was called away. I'm going to get back at it tonight and this weekend, but I'm a little rusty. So any insight would be greatly appreciated.

• Like 1