Imessage and facetime fix

Agostino9446

22 posts in this topic

hi guys...this morning i updated yosemite to secondo beta 10.0.1 and updated to clover to r2999 and everything worked...but i decided to left in system prefences and from that moment i am unable to login in imessage and facetime,giving me login error,already tried imessagedebug inserting the correct values in clover but i already have this problem...please help me

• 2 weeks later...

I can attest to the 10.0.1 iMessage / FaceTime even with the latest Clover.  MLB values haven't changed since forever and it was working fine in 10.0.0 but that 0.1 update was when things decided not to work despite calling  tech support with the customer code number they can't seem to resolve the issue on their end.

Made it all the way up until I had to do a PRAM reset on my "Mac Pro" but we all know that holding option command with P + R doesn't work  :rolleyes: 

I can attest to the 10.0.1 iMessage / FaceTime even with the latest Clover.  MLB values haven't changed since forever and it was working fine in 10.0.0 but that 0.1 update was when things decided not to work despite calling  tech support with the customer code number they can't seem to resolve the issue on their end.

Made it all the way up until I had to do a PRAM reset on my "Mac Pro" but we all know that holding option command with P + R doesn't work  :rolleyes:

I've called  iMessage support and they've been registering my customer code for more than twice now and still I got the same error with Customer Code... they can't really fix it and seems a little confused of how did it ended up like that...

Simple Answer: iMessage & Facetime fix = Insert MLB/ROM from real Mac in Clover Rt Variables/config.plist.

More detail here.

There are many user reports coming in that the "Call Apple Support with Error Code" method is no longer working to register fake generated serials on Apple's servers as of last week.  It appears that Apple are clamping down and checking on the validity of serials and only genuine MLB/ROMs from real Macs continue to work and activate iMessage/Facetime...

• Like 3

@revturbomonster As per the thread, it appears that it doesn't matter the Mac it is coming from so long as the system IDs are different of course.   seems to finally is indeed clamping down on the user generated serials now it appears others have called customer service and haven't had the iMessage issue resolved.

Sounds like we'll have to start salvaging our own MLBs from here on out and not careshare it with everyone.

I just got off the Phone again with Apple support, it seems they have a bug in there back end, so even real macs are having this issue. (I sent them a core dump off my Hack) to help resolve the server side issue. the faster the issue is resolved on their end, the faster we will have good working messages again...

HBP

I just got off the Phone again with Apple support, it seems they have a bug in there back end, so even real macs are having this issue. (I sent them a core dump off my Hack) to help resolve the server side issue. the faster the issue is resolved on their end, the faster we will have good working messages again...

HBP

I guess this "bug" is a "hole" in activation system allowing activate iMessage on Hacks.

Sounds like we'll have to start salvaging our own MLBs from here on out and not careshare it with everyone.

Of course you shouldn't share any id's with public. Devices are part of Apple's authentication system!!

Just for clarity and caution!

When you log into any Apple's services, your device serial number is sent to Apple! It does not matter, is it iPhone, iPad, genuine Mac or Hack.

• Like 1

I guess this "bug" is a "hole" in activation system allowing activate iMessage on Hacks.

Of course you shouldn't share any id's with public. Devices are part of Apple's authentication system!!

No, sounds more like when they turned on handoff and continuity in the back end some of the shake down didn't get taken care of. 

having talked with several level 2 and above support people at Apple, the number of called that could not be resolved skyrocketed after 10.10 when live officially when they turned on the SMS message forward feature of the new iMessage suite.  so I am thinking that maybe it has to do with their database, or the tracking cookie for SMS.

ether way, they figure with additional assistance 7-14 days and they will have enough information to the engineers to formulate a patch for their side to re-enable us to use the Services.

If apple wanted hacks gone, they would just Blacklist FakeSMC,  and require filevault2 enabled on all system drives...

HBP 

No, sounds more like when they turned on handoff and continuity in the back end some of the shake down didn't get taken care of. 

having talked with several level 2 and above support people at Apple, the number of called that could not be resolved skyrocketed after 10.10 when live officially when they turned on the SMS message forward feature of the new iMessage suite.  so I am thinking that maybe it has to do with their database, or the tracking cookie for SMS.

ether way, they figure with additional assistance 7-14 days and they will have enough information to the engineers to formulate a patch for their side to re-enable us to use the Services.

If apple wanted hacks gone, they would just Blacklist FakeSMC,  and require filevault2 enabled on all system drives...

HBP 

Yes, handoff and continuity are involved into this iMessage activation, and this leads to conclusion that hardware is important part of identification and authentication. Probably from perspective of Apple developers, it was good idea to use something on which to relay, certain hardware id's.

I you open icloud.com -> Settings -> My Devices, you will see all you devices signed into iCloud service. When you click on each device, you can see also the five last chars of your device serial number. So, its sure that your device serial number is part of identification and authentication.

I'm sure, that you need proper combination of serial number and MLB, etc to get Apple's services run in Hack without issues. I'm sure that MLB and serial number are related. And thats where iMessage confusion begins, mismatch of serial and MLB, as MLB reveals your hardware type.

Guys my IMessage and FaceTime work on fake SN and other numbers fake too. I also use Mac Pro 3.1 smbios and after 10.10.1 everything still works. Is that means that hack serial Numbers that were kept from Mavericks got legalized by Apple. I just have to call them once after Yosemite installation. Of course I'm to scared to log out from Messages now, I love texting from Hack.

As of mid November 2014 it would appear that Apple have once again updated their iMessage client authentication and verification processes on their backend servers. If iMessage is still working for you DO NOT LOG-OUT or perform any operation that will cause a logout such as a OS update .... etc.

Once you do logout the existing iMessage security token will no longer be valid and will not be replaced with a a new token due to failure of ID verification on logging back in. As in the past, i'm sure those of us who still have working iMessage will get kicked out/logged-off .... including myself due to periodic iMessage disconnect messages which get pushed out every once in a while.

Symptoms:

The main symptom is a return of the following iMessage alert box :-

103739d1410209619-how-fix-imessage-apple

Observations:

• The issue effect's all existing installs of OSX Mavericks and Yosemite using any Boot-loader.
  • The issue only effects iMessage and Facetime, all other iCloud services seem unaffected.
  • Once effected you will no longer be able to re-activate iMessage by calling Apple Support with the displayed customer code despite it being valid and accepted by Apple Support should you decide to try.
  • If you have not changed any OSX ID's such as S/N, MLB, ROM ... etc then the customer code should be the same as the last time you called Apple to activate iMessage.
  • Generating a complete set of new OSX ID's will not resolve the issue despite a new customer code being generated, it does not matter if is this on existing or completely new hardware.
  • Creating a new AppleID and associating the hackingtosh with either the existing or new ID's does not resolve the issue.
  • If you do call Apple support and give them the displayed customer code iMessage will continue to display the same alert message and the same customer code no matter how many times you call Apple.
  • Restoring a backup or booting from a clone of the system when iMessage was working will not resolve the issue due to the security token at Apples end being flagged as expired.
  • It would seem that Apple Customer Support is not aware of any changes to the verification process as they will continue to try and help you resolve the issue but it seems that no matter what they do the issue remains.
  • There are a few small changes to the Apple self-solve web-site and notable changes to the Apple support web-site - when logging a support issue, the path to the correct support department has changed and you now have to select a pre-registered Apple device to log the ticket against were as in the past you were able to enter any S/N of any device.
  • I believe the issue relates to the iMessage security token, normally when you login to iMessage your id's are verified by the server and a new security token is generated and passed back to the client were it is stored locally after which it is used in conjunction with the server side token each time you use iMessage for verification and message packet encryption. If you logout then the token is physically deleted locally and made invalid at the server side. You will not be able to use iMessage again until you have a new valid security token. When you try to log back in, the server side will try to generate a new security token but the id's now fail the validation checks thus triggering the contact Apple alert message and failure to receive a new token. In the past once the customer code was entered it would set a flag against the device in Apples database allowing your id's to pass that part of the validation check ... my best guess at this moment is our ID's are now failing to pass a new/modified server based ID verification check during iMessage login - either syntax based, device/id miss-match or possibly a white-list verification system resulting in no new security token being sent to the client.

• Latest: I'm now 100% sure its the MLB that is failing verification ultimately resulting in the loss of a new security token being generated and sent to the client. At the moment i am attempting to establish if there is a patten or format to the MLB which is related and specific to the system type.

As usual when things go wrong ... some users seem to turn to using ID's form real mac's to get iMessage working again ... i've continually advised through-out the life of this guide and thread not to do this .... all your going to do is make Apple more vigilant to secure iMessage even further and you may run the risk of black-listing the source mac's ID's if used too many times on non-Apple Hardware. We have to try and find a way that can satisfy Apples validation and security without resorting to using cloned values or pirate methods if at all possible - See Step 5f.

I Will continue to update this news item with further info on the issue as and when new information is found. If a solution is found i'll post a new news item along with any new steps required.

• Like 2

AlienX ... very big thank you for this important info.

I am also affected, had nearly 1 year, no problems with Clover boot loader (the last version I used was the 2988) and Mavericks 10.9.5 and also in Yosemite 10.10.1 there have been no problems with iMessage

Now once made some tests with Win10 and changed my partitions, after I wanted to go back (use Mavericks 10.9.5 both Yosemite and 10.10.1) mac OS then came the iMessage problem.

Even when Apple Support this time there was no solution with renewed activation or the like as ever a year ago.

wait and see whether this is the belly people and real experts for a solution. Would be really a pity if you iMessage could no longer use the iMac.

Thank you for hopefully successful solution in the near future.