Pandora's Box 2.0 Candidate 3 roll out

Micky1979

305 posts in this topic

Ok, thanks for the patience....i try too install patched AppleHDA, and as you say before, there are many problems to get it work...a really strange thing is that if i boot with usb installer i created with Niresh distro, then with integrated chameleon build, the audio works perfectly, but if i try to boot directly with chameleon 2538, it doesn't work...tried Enoch 2570, and with this bootloader the system doesn't start at all...really strange...now i'm going to leave chameleon 2538 and try your HDAenabler....i'll let u know if it works

Ok, it doesn't work...and i don't know why...i recently tried a HDAEnabler3.kext, that sometimes works with some bootloader, for sure with integrated bootloader in Niresh installer, but with this HDAEnabler it doesn't work in any case...any idea??

If I'm not mistaken Niresh patch AppleHDA on the fly based on codec detected... also Zeus detected the codec (and is it showned to you), but i think that is more complicated decide the Layout to be used w/o knowing how many audio ports has the motherboard..at least for me :P.... and to enable your AppleHDA surely will have had to install an "HDAEnabler.kext" containing some pre-defined layout-id, so before you install what I gave you, see if you have another one in S/L/E/ (be carefull about the name HDAEnabler12.kext, HDAEnablerXXX.kext or other..). Another possibility is an injection by the bootloader, but in this case you should have seen it in your org.chameleon.Boot.plist.

For the bootloader I'm going to update it very soon...

EDIT

@Kaya80 you have Windows installed to the same disk where Chameleon is installed??

Yep, dual boot with Windows, now i'm checking if there is another HDAEnabler in S/L/E, i delete it and try firslty with your HDAEnabler and then with HDAEnabler3, i try to install 2538 again and set ID layout to 3, that worked before, even if it not works all the times, i've to do some tries, but for sure it's a very annoying issue :( Thanks again for your kindness

Have to repair permission and revuild cache after installation, right?

Kaya80, if you have used latest Chameleon/Enoch or Zeus you probably have the "Installation_log.TXT" inside the Extra folder... can I have it??

Another thing, don't use HDAenabler injection in org.chameleon.Boot.plist if you are using an HDAEnabler.kext, because this cause-caos.. and for curiosity, you know that latests Chameleon wants different settings in different OSX partition?? i.e. you need one Extra folder inside the boot partition (where you had installed the "boot" file), and one Extra folder in each partition of OSX you have to customize it with different settings you need

.. HDAEnabler key must be in Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist of your running OSX.

make a boot with -f.
and tell me if the sound works.

I know what you want to know :P , but I assumed that if it worked before, it is not an IRQ problem.

But let's see if you're right, if anything, I pay you a coffee! :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: .. but you have to comes in Italy :hysterical:

Have to repair permission and revuild cache after installation, right?

Always after installing a kext! than can you reboot and boot with -f as my friend Mirone said?

• Like 2

I know what you want to know :P , but I assumed that if it worked before, it is not an IRQ problem.

But let's see if you're right, if anything, I pay you a coffee! :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: .. but you have to comes in Italy :hysterical:

I always wanted to see italy. :hysterical:

• Like 1

With -f the system won't start, stuck at bootloader first screen telling me to press a key, and then the system not starts.

This is my Installation log:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3im3hgn62a18yma/Chameleon_Installer_Log.txt?dl=0

You don't need that:

EnableDualLink=Yes because your monitor is not grater than 1400x pixel

UseKernelCache=Yes because is injected by default and can cause problem using -f (-f mean "ignore cache" but you are telling to force to use it)

npci=0x2000 really?? not sure about your system

kext-dev-mode=1 not needed because injected by default if the system is yosemite (ok i think ErmaC must remove that option from the installer)

SkipNvidiaGfx=YesSkipAtiGfx=Yes  use only one (skip only one you really have)

EnableBacklight=Yes is not working without on the HD4000??? ...I think yes..

UseIntelHDMI=Yes  useless with HD4000  because ig-platform-id framebuffer... if already has HDMI port than will work otherwise no, .... and you need to patch the kext

Can you try to edit your o.c.b.p and retry?

IT

Puoi dare un occhio dentro a /Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports per vedere se c'è qualche crash log riguardo a Pandora/Hermes/Hera/Zeus??

Attualmente ti sto scrivendo da 10.9.5 e funge tutto... ma è un Hackintosh..

Sorry for the stupid question... but you have installed it in Application folder? ...Pandora contain two bootloaders, but is not a bootloader

Perdonami se non ho potuto controllare prima. Adesso ci riprovo anche se sul MacBook ho rifatto un'istallazione pulita in quanto ho spostato degli hard disk.

Ad ogni modo avevo sbagliato ad esprimermi prima: ho usato un altro metodo per l'istallazione (rampagedev).

No way to boot up with -f, unchecked UseKernelCache, but does not start the same....but a strange thing happened to me last night.

I had a few days ago CCC backup of my system, boot from this external hdd and voilà, and i don't know why, my Voodoo audio works again, even with the Voodoo control panel in system preferences...it's impossible, how can it be??then i try to copy usb AppleHDA.kext, VoodooHDA.kext and AppleHDADisabler.kext in my internal hdd, rebuild cache and fix permission, restart and voilà, i've audio even in my internal HDD but without control panel.then i decided to update voodoo and lose my audio again...now what i'm going to do, now that i've the voodoo control panel, is to copy again these kext again to get my audio working again, i hope....no way to boot with -f and no way to boot up even if i disable UseKernelCache, but why??

I see that i've a lot os Sandbox access deny when i boot verbose, what are these messages?

Ha! per questo non capivo...

Comunque anche se questo Topic è dedicato a Pandora non c'è problema...l'importante che non mi esci con tonymac :)

Infatti volevo usare pandora perché mi era stato consigliato sul forum italiano e dato che non funzionava l'app volevo darti un feedback, mi dispiace non esserci riuscito fino in fondo ma l'hard disk mi è servito per lavoro.

Ha! per questo non capivo...

Comunque anche se questo Topic è dedicato a Pandora non c'è problema...l'importante che non mi esci con tonymac :)

Infatti volevo usare pandora perché mi era stato consigliato sul forum italiano e dato che non funzionava l'app volevo darti un feedback, mi dispiace non esserci riuscito fino in fondo ma l'hard disk mi è servito per lavoro.

• Like 1

@micky

IT

Ho caricato dei kext http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/354-amd-replace-kext-for-yosemite/ si potrebbe aggiungerli su Pandora sono importanti per istallare Yosemite su AMD con processore FX/Buldozer

AppleACPIPlatform gia cè è quello di ErmaC

Ok! 

Would you be willing to do a test with an injector instead replace the vanilla AppleACPIPlatform ??

IT

saresti disponibile a fare un test con un injector invece di rimpiazzare l'AppleACPIPlatform originale?

...se funzionerà non ci sarà mai bisogno di sostituirlo..

No way to boot up with -f, unchecked UseKernelCache, but does not start the same....but a strange thing happened to me last night.

I had a few days ago CCC backup of my system, boot from this external hdd and voilà, and i don't know why, my Voodoo audio works again, even with the Voodoo control panel in system preferences...it's impossible, how can it be??then i try to copy usb AppleHDA.kext, VoodooHDA.kext and AppleHDADisabler.kext in my internal hdd, rebuild cache and fix permission, restart and voilà, i've audio even in my internal HDD but without control panel.then i decided to update voodoo and lose my audio again...now what i'm going to do, now that i've the voodoo control panel, is to copy again these kext again to get my audio working again, i hope....no way to boot with -f and no way to boot up even if i disable UseKernelCache, but why??

I see that i've a lot os Sandbox access deny when i boot verbose, what are these messages?

Kaya80 sorry but now I've understand why AppleHDA is not working for you:

because if you want AppleHDA.kext working with the sound out from the speakers, you have to remove AppleHDADisabler.kext and also VoodooHDA.kext!

- VoodooHDA.kext is a replacement for AppleHDA.kext (is a universal driver but does not guarantee a good sound as AppleHDA, and does not work on all hardware).

- AppleHDADisabler.kext is a kext that prevents AppleHDA.kext to be executed (that's why is not working on your system).

You can simply install AppleHDA.kext by Mirone and the HDAEnabler I gave you, and remove both VodooHDA.kext and AppleHDADisabler???

Obviously then repair permissions and rebuild the cache

hi...

seam  that if you are making a boot pen driver installer it must be formated as gpt..see post #2 at page #1..if I misunderstand ..sorry..

"USB

Hermes require a minimum 8GB size USB stick, but can be an external *Hard Drive also (internal or external, the important is that there is not a partition belonging to your boot disk.)

Is required to be formatted in GPT because we need the EFI partition.

The file system is not really important because Hermes will proceed to format the target volume automatically, but anyway Is still recommended to first format your Volume (your USB stick) using Disk Utility to avoid problems.

*(be carefull, Hermes delete all the contents of the EFI partition on the target volume (ie the one on your USB stick))"

c.frio

• Like 1

Micky tutte le prove che ho fatto seguendo i tuoi consigli le ho fatte senza avere VoodooHDA ed AppleHDADisabler in S/L/E, ma ora non so come mai prendendo i vecchi kext che avevo in un clone di CCC è ritornato a fungere :)molto strano.Idee su come mai ho parecchi errori in verbose su Sandbox, una sfilza di access deny su molte voci...Ma cmq il sistema direi che è a dir poco perfetto, fungono anche iMessage e FaceTime

"Sandbox: QuickLookSatelli(23506) deny file-read-data ...." ?

Is a Apple debug log about some HTML files (web page)! If you think is a bug, this appear only an "Apple bug". Nothing to do with a Hackintosh.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...