Pandora's Box 2.0 Candidate 3 roll out

Micky1979

305 posts in this topic

No I mean as in what you have coded to create the install drive.

Ha! 10.000 lines of objc-c code only for Hermes, but does not use "createinstallmedia". Hermes restore the virtual .dmg Volume image to a real disk..

• Like 1

The latest version is perfectly capable of creating the installer and the post-install allowing you to have the system up and running from the first reboot.

Also the app can be updated automatically by clicking on Pandora-Check for updates.

When a new release is available the updater remind you for the new version.

• Like 1

New r2.017 available via Software Update! (the download is only 13,4Mb from the r2.016 :))

New Clover r3113 and Enoch r2530.

Note: Enoch has a new package in the download section (or this will happen very shortly EDIT Is there) that allow you to install to the EFI partition. This will be in Pandora too, soon!

@colago

I believe that there will be no a "Candidate 4"

When a new release is available the updater remind you for the new version.

And.. for those who do not even want to think about it, click where I put the arrow:
Updates.png
Pandora always will update automatically!

Guys I will be away for a week, I go to Sharm el Sheik ....Sun Sun, Suuuuuuun!  :lol:
  • Like 2

Guys I'm 2700 Km far from Home (Sharm el Sheik), tell me if the update combo to 10.10.2 comes out. ...... I can Update the Yosemite kernel for Pandora if needed from here :lol: (slow internet connection but I can :) ) ...and you all wiil get it!!!

• Like 1

Easy, redone your Pandora Installer with a configuration that include the NullCPUPowerManagement.kext....or add it manually

The S / L / E is NullCPUPowerManagement.kext.

I enclose a picture. I have somewhere else to add.

I enclose a picture of how I did the install on USB.

http://shrani.si/f/18/No/3prAeSXj/screen-shot-2015-01-06-a.png

http://shrani.si/f/R/uu/1P5CY2ka/screen-shot-2015-01-06-a.png

P.S. I manually added a second NullCPUPowerManagement.kext and now operates installation.

I'm writing here about a bug I found in Pandora's last version because I noticed that the Bug Reporting topic is almost dead. I cannot successfully create a Yosemite DVD Installer: when I start the process, Hermes works for a while, then after finishing a certain operation (I don't remember which one) it suddenly closes, without having wrote anything on DVD.

hi..

I never tried ,but the  first idea  is...

"Making a DVD with Hermes does not mean to burn a DVD, but mean to create a DVD iso image on your Desktop (Pandora Install DVD 10.x.x.iso) that later you can burn....but only if you want  :). You can do this without spending a penny  :) ." (from micky1979)

c.frio

• Like 1

I'm writing here about a bug I found in Pandora's last version because I noticed that the Bug Reporting topic is almost dead. I cannot successfully create a Yosemite DVD Installer: when I start the process, Hermes works for a while, then after finishing a certain operation (I don't remember which one) it suddenly closes, without having wrote anything on DVD.

Hermes comes out giving you an error or the app crashes?
Let me know, that in the second case I tell you where to get a crash log. However Hermes will not write anything on the DVD, why should simply create an iso image on the Desktop (you can do this process all the time you want), then you can burn one with the method or tool you prefer.
To help me can show me what you have selected in Hermes with a screen shot?

IT

Vedo che sei Italiano  :),

Hermes esce dandoti un errore o la app crasha?

Fammi sapere che semmai ti dico dove prender un crash log. Comunque Hermes non scriverà nulla sul DVD, perchè semplicemente dovrebbe creare un immagine iso sul Desktop (e tu puoi farne quante ne vuoi prima di masterizzare), e poi uno si masterizza con il metodo o tool che preferisce.

Per aiutarmi puoi farmi vedere cosa hai selezionato in Hermes con una schermata?

Thanks C.Frio, I misunderstood Hermes' main aim. Anyways, there's nothing on my Desktop, so there's a problem with the tool itself.

Micky, I'd rather speak English because solving my problem means solving other users' problem too: indeed we are on an international forum. As I wrote, it suddenly closes, so it's clearly a crash (without any warning message). I simply chose DVD as media for OS X Yosemite, with some necessary kexts to boot the system and a MacBookPro6,1-like Smbios. I tried to change the Smbios but it didn't help. As soon as possible, I'll try the USB media installation (just to be sure that the problem is related to DVDs), but I need the DVD one (I'm working on a friend of mine's Asus notebook, USB boot seems to cause problems, as on many motherboards, mine included).

P.S. un consiglio: attenzione alla grammatica e alla sintassi inglese.

Thanks C.Frio, I misunderstood Hermes' main aim. Anyways, there's nothing on my Desktop, so there's a problem with the tool itself.

Micky, I'd rather speak English, because solving my problem means solving other users' problem too: and we are on an international forum. As I wrote, it suddenly closes, so it's clearly a crash (without any warning message). I simply chose DVD as media for OS X Yosemite, with some necessary kexts to boot the system and a MacBookPro6,1-like Smbios. I tried to change the Smbios without any result. As soon as possible, I'll try the USB media installation, but I need the DVD one (I'm working on a friend of mine's Asus notebook, USB boot seems to cause problems, as on many motherboards, mine included).

You can find the crash logs here: /Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports

P.S. un consiglio: attenzione alla grammatica e alla sintassi inglese.

1) On the app (you can help me in the correction...appreciated)

2) me (second case... probably I need a tutor at home :hysterical:)

^_^

Thank you, I found the crash log, I uploaded it here. It refers to a "CPU trap": I already saw this error somewhere in the past, but of I course I have absolutely no idea about what it means!

Bene! Sarei contento di poter contribuire alla traduzione inglese dell'app (se ho capito bene ciò che intendi), è giusto far qualcosa per una comunità che mi ha dato così tanto.

Thanks, now I'm out of Home, I'll look that later.

Si un aiuto a mettere a posto l'inglese sarebbe fantastico. Dammi tempo per tirare fuori tutto dagli Xib di Pandora, poi ti giro tutto in PM.

..e grazie

Sorry Micky, it's my fault. I didn't close Hermes when I noticed its hang, and now I just found out that it's actually finished the process (apparently successfully). The strange thing is that I put Mac OS X in stop for more than one hour after it freezed: it's impressive that Hermes was able to continue his work after a stop, when I returned home. I'll try the USB as soon as possibile. However that's strange. 

Sorry Micky, it's my fault. I didn't close Hermes when I noticed its hang, and now I just found out that it's actually finished the process (apparently successfully).

If the process is correctly finished you can find its log in Pandora menu options.. and post here..

it's impressive that Hermes was able to continue his work after a stop, when I returned home. I'll try the USB as soon as possibile. However that's strange.

Yep, I wrote methods for this:

- (void)sleepPreventOn{

// the code is here but I don't want to share it :hysterical:, sorry

}

- (void)sleepPreventOff{

// same as above :hysterical:

}

it is surprising that someone has noticed this!

This is to prevent a distracted user, leaving Hermes to do a long process and its PC to going to sleep, "derailing" him...then complain that the process has failed ..Hermes should not sleep B)

The purpose is this!

Unfortunately I realize that this will not work on all hardware, especially Hackintosh (because not everyone has all ok, and we should wait for the job to finish). In real Macs this should work as expected.
Thank you tested this!
  • Like 1