[Guide] Surface Pro 1st gen Yosemite clean installation

JahStories

380 posts in this topic

I have been searching all the comments but couldn't find the answer so i'll try here..

Am i able to use my phone to recieve internet connection through bluetooth tethering? Since bluetooth is working i guess it should work flawlessly. Just wanna make a quick question.

Yes, works great.

I've done it successfully in the past with a Nexus 5. Pair the phone first, enable connection tethering from its settings, then from the Bluetooth menu in Surface's taskbar find your paired device and select Connect to network.

Hi I'm having some issues on the cover part that I can't seem to get pass. Here's what I'm doing

-boot from usb

-press space on "boot osx install"

-boot with injected kexts

-system gets stuck on "waiting on boot device"

Here are some images of what's happening:

http://imgur.com/UDnN3G2

http://imgur.com/FfG9W36

http://imgur.com/7DWTegO

http://imgur.com/9JELEgT

http://imgur.com/ExUgdiW

Hi there. It will help you a lot, to read the whole thread. Your problem should be covered. If you still encounter problems, feel free to write back here "on the end" again.

Maybe you need to add the boot-arg kext-dev-mode=1

and maybe you need to mess around with loading with or without cache,

do u use clover 3113 to install?... or... try and error.

• Like 1

I've installed Yosemite 10.10.3 to my Surface Pro 1 a few days ago.

Who want to install Yosemite 10.10.3 using these.

GenericXHCI 1.2.8d7
fakesmc.kext (6.9.1315) version
Clover r3142
Dual Screen + boot glitches fix for Sp1 10.10.3

and edit config.plist required:

change the ig-platform-id to 0x0a006601
and add kext-dev-mode=1 to the strings

Okay, after a lot of reading, I am doing pretty well, but am still having some issues.

I'm now running Yosemite 10.10.3 on my Surface Pro 1

I'm using Clover 3193 and the kexts from package 0.5.1 (not including AppleIntelFramebufferCapri)

Audio

The big issue was audio, but after adding kext-dev-mode=1, it now outputs. When doing this, I lost bluetooth, but I would rather the audio.

VIDEO

The video is a little choppy. When I click on a "stack" folder, it doesn't animate, it builds on top of itself larger and larger. There is also a strange jitter when i'm using chrome or watching videos. I did try the above mention of switching ig-platform-id to 0x0a006601, but it didn't help.

USB

The biggest issue is the usb port. If I put in a stick, it reads it fine. I can eject, and replace without issues. If I put in my usb wifi, it works as well. But, if I put in the wifi and then remove it, the usb port is no longer responsive. The same thing happens if I plug the wifi into a usb hub.

App Store/Itunes/IMessage

I still can't get my computer to be verified with my id. I even installed my usb ethernet adapter before the wifi one to have a en0 assigned to the external ethernet port, but that's not working.

Shutdown

The computer shuts down correctly 80% of the time, but sometimes I have to force close it.

Thanks for any help.

Your usb issues are caused by a buggy wifi driver, that may even cause troubles with built-in BT,

don't know why you are having troubles with video acceleration,

here its working perfectly, i'm even using it to play Heroes of the storm  :sorcerer:

to fix app store access you should take a look at one one those guides here in the forum,

if even shutdown fail maybe you have permissions problems...

Good luck and remember to have fun!  :star_smile:

Your usb issues are caused by a buggy wifi driver, that may even cause troubles with built-in BT,

don't know why you are having troubles with video acceleration,

here its working perfectly, i'm even using it to play Heroes of the storm  :sorcerer:

to fix app store access you should take a look at one one those guides here in the forum,

if even shutdown fail maybe you have permissions problems...

Good luck and remember to have fun!  :star_smile:

Thank you.

I just contacted the author of the driver I'm using to see if he has any ideas. It's for a TP-Link TL-WN725N-V3, but the driver came from a different forum, so I'm pretty sure I can't list it here.

I did remove all usb and ethernet drivers, and reinstalled NullEthernet first. I now have the AppStore working.

Bluetooth is now working as well.

I now think hat the shutdown issue is also related to the wifi driver.

As for the video acceleration issues, the only extra kext I installed on top of the 0.5.1 package was your recommended Dual Screen + Boot Glitches fix. I did not install anything from the Vietnam AIO tool that you mentioned in your multiboot guide. 

So I guess my questions to you are:

Do you have any information or knowledge on the TP-Link TL-WN725N-V3 wifi adapter driver?

Do you have any recommendations about my video acceleration issues? 

Thank you again for all of your help.

---update---

A new usb wifi driver was released. It allows me to remove the wifi adapter, and put in a pen drive (as long as I turn off the radio), but it still won't work through a hub to have both connected at the same time.

• 2 weeks later...

Quick question. Does the touch base driver allow you to scroll on a webpage like you do in windows? ie: just touch the screen and push it up to scroll.

I love the MacOSX, except for random web browsing, since I have to grab an itty bitty bar to scroll

Good question, I also have to grab the little bitty bar, any ideas to change the default touch base commands?

Hi Vudo, if you are using the touchbase drivers, what happens if you do a "Two-Finger-Drag" with Scroll-Function ... you have the same "take-me-back-to-login-crash" that happens to me? That IS your Scroll-the-webpage-function. Pinch&Rotate doesnt work for me either.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

I installed successfully OSX on my surface pro 1.  Quick question

After installing the demo version of Touchbase drivers, I immediately got a message that the driver was expired. After that, my pen stopped working... Any idea how I can make it working again?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the feedback!

I've tried trim force on 10.11

but there are a lot of warnings about possible write and read errors...

APPLE MAKES NO WARRANTIES,

EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF

NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE,

REGARDING THIS TOOL OR ITS USE ALONE OR IN COMBINATION WITH YOUR DEVICES,

SYSTEMS, OR SERVICES. BY USING THIS TOOL TO ENABLE TRIM, YOU AGREE THAT, TO THE

EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, USE OF THE TOOL IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK AND

THAT THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO SATISFACTORY QUALITY, PERFORMANCE, ACCURACY AND

EFFORT IS WITH YOU.

:whistle:

MAY THE TRIM-FORCE BE WITH US!

• 1 month later...

you should install the kexts with kextdrop instead of injecting them from efi... then you will be able to boot without those steps.

Please update your signature as suggested in the guidelines, thanks.

Edit:

thanks for editing your signature, but are you running windows 10 too ?!?

you should install the kexts with kextdrop instead of injecting them from efi... then you will be able to boot without those steps.

Please update your signature as suggested in the guidelines, thanks.

so install all the kexts from the efi partition to /system//library/Extensions and then boot normal right?

i only have 4 kexts in the efi partition...