[Guide] Surface Pro 1st gen Yosemite clean installation

JahStories

380 posts in this topic

acpibatterymanager is not always showing the right percentage when connected to power, but works perfectly when disconnected...

I'm using the one provided in the latest file package.

Jahstories thank you for your help.now my surface boot normal without injection kexts and maybe little faster!!my type cover broke so i want to boot like this..

Thank you thank you thank you!

Edit:

yes i install windows 10 yesterday!(upgrade from win8.1)

• 4 weeks later...

I am new to InsanelyMac, so please tell me if I do anything wrong or violate any rules. Sorry in advance!

Ok I am just about ready to give up and sell my Surface Pro. I have tried multiple installs. First, 10.10(.0, first release). Then, 10.10.5, and finally I'm back on the first release of 10.10. I have audio and touch working (single touch), along with the patched dual display kexts. So everything except Wifi is working. Right now, I have to boot using kext injection because the -gux_defer_usb2 argument is not working. I can live with this, as long as I can get wifi working. When I go to network preferences, and try to add a service, it goes back to the main system preferences screen and says there was an error. Did anyone else have this problem or does anyone have any fixes? Also if I install the null Ethernet kext will that enable me to add another service on top of the null Ethernet?

Thank you,
Raj

Edit #1 (08/30/2015): Nevermind! Everything is working, just had to use "Unknown" location in the Network Pane of System Preferences. It's not functioning as usual (I need to have the WiFi USB in at all times to enable Audio and if I take it out USB goes down anyways), but since every single thing seems to be working, I'll take what I can get! Thank you for this guide!

Edit #2 (09/15/2015):  :( I realized why the audio was working with Wifi: It was my Apple TV! I even uninstalled the Wifi adapter and my audio wasn't working, even though it was working prior to when I installed the Wifi adapter. Everything I thought was working was sadly not working, so I restored my Surface to Windows. I am selling it, but this was definitely the coolest hackintosh I ever had the privilege of making, and, although I am sad to sell it, I need the money for camera gear. Good luck to all future Hackintoshers, and if there is one tip, it is what someone else said (whose post I cannot find, but big props to you  :thumbsup_anim:):

Your language for the installer might be in Italian as the Clover config.plist is set to do this.

To fix it, simply find the key "Language" in whatever you use to edit the plist (or you can use Clover Configurator) and change the String to "en:0" or whatever your language code is as explained here: http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/configuration/gui#Language

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Weird thing is after a few reboots, Bluetooth started working. I did install HoRNDIS as well.  I still have problems with Bluetooth PAN or HoRNDIS keeping a reliable connection. They both seem to drop out, dropping all routes and then don't resume correctly.

I haven't installed NullEthernet, so that might be the cause of that.

When running OSX 10.10.5 native, I found that Bluetooth would only work, when I rebooted from Windows 10 or Ubuntu, rather than Cold Boot. There's something about the FWLoader that doesn't work as well as it used to in 10.9.

And I never looked into the HD4000 driver issues that caused all that screen flickering, with Video and/or OpenGL.

I ended up installing OS X 10.10.5 inside VirtualBox.  The ISO creating guide is pretty straightforward, as is the VirtualBox one.

I'm mainly using it for XCode 7 development for iOS.

I have download it and try to install but when i select the disk and try to start the installation i have a error unable to unmount volume to repair quit the installer to restart....the disk is fine in yosemite!

Update 1: i boot from usb and i finished installation.everything ok except Bluetooth!!!

Update 2: airplay doesnt work in elcapitan.

yup installed 10.11, but have white tinted internal screen with qe/ci working. how fix that?

QE/CI is usually fixed by a modified Kext. AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext from "SurfacePro 1st Gen FilesPackage V.0.5.1.zip" should work.

Edited by JahStories
Please don't redirect to unsupported websites.

• 3 weeks later...

Just started tinkering with my Surface again after it sitting in a drawer for some time. Updated from 10.10.2 to 10.10.5 and lost Sound and Bluetooth. Noticed someone else said bluetooth was an issue, but has anyone else lost internal sound?

EDIT - Restarted and Bluetooth returned and seems to be working after further restarts, internal audio however is still a no go...

2ND EDIT - Alright, I've now installed voodoo HDA and sound has returned. Sound is initially crackly sometimes, however switching from speakers to headphones and back rectify this. Bluetooth however has now disappeared again. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

First would like to give heads up on this is my first time to attempt to install os x onto a surface pro 1.  I have been trying for a while now and still can not get it to install at all.

1. Followed every step to get yosemite install app installed to pendrive.
2. Got clover installed with the correct options mentioned selected and followed what was said to be done for good clover install.
3. Clover boots up and when i go to options i place the -x then go back and choose the usb with kext injected.

4. Goes through start up with a slight hang up on the bluetooth line.

5. (Then nothing happenes.)  It hangs at waiting for root device, and will just keep looping through trying to find the root.

I have tried and tried but can not get it to boot past that point or install it to my surface.  All help would be greatly appreciated.

I used a mac desktop with os x el capitan to create the pendrive.  The surface currently has windows 10 installed on it with no other os installed.

• 1 month later...

(surfaceosx)

On a Surface Pro 1st Gen, 128 GB SSD 

Hello,

can anybody help me with the same problem like bobby ellis has it please ?

Trying to boot up from Clover USB drive, getting stuck at the line "still waiting for root device" and I see a "Restricted" sign.

Other boot modes don't work either, I get the "Restricted" sign very often.

What did I do wrong, anybody knows ? The Mavericks Installation doesn't work either.

(surfaceosx)

On a Surface Pro 1st Gen, 128 GB SSD 

Hello,

can anybody help me with the same problem like bobby ellis has it please ?

Trying to boot up from Clover USB drive, getting stuck at the line "still waiting for root device" and I see a "Restricted" sign.

Other boot modes don't work either, I get the "Restricted" sign very often.

What did I do wrong, anybody knows ? The Mavericks Installation doesn't work either.

First would like to give heads up on this is my first time to attempt to install os x onto a surface pro 1.  I have been trying for a while now and still can not get it to install at all.

1. Followed every step to get yosemite install app installed to pendrive.

2. Got clover installed with the correct options mentioned selected and followed what was said to be done for good clover install.

3. Clover boots up and when i go to options i place the -x then go back and choose the usb with kext injected.

4. Goes through start up with a slight hang up on the bluetooth line.

5. (Then nothing happenes.)  It hangs at waiting for root device, and will just keep looping through trying to find the root.

I have tried and tried but can not get it to boot past that point or install it to my surface.  All help would be greatly appreciated.

I used a mac desktop with os x el capitan to create the pendrive.  The surface currently has windows 10 installed on it with no other os installed.

Sounds you guys still might have secure boot on :) Or have you disabled it? If not, this video should help: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Qq48-v8q2g?t=1m10s-- good luck installing OS X!