[Guide] Surface Pro 1st gen Yosemite clean installation

JahStories

380 posts in this topic

Hi, i've installed Yosemite on my surface pro, it's a clean installation, no windows 8 multiboot, only yosemite, the installation it's ok, but the problem it's the glitch and the sistem don't recognize the intel hd graphics.

i've tried to install with frameworkcapri and i have the white screen without another problem, without the frameworkcapri, the screen looks fine but are all slow and full of glitch.

Anyone can help me??

Hi

It's a multi boot currently, win 8 and DP5 (? From memory) it all runs fine would just like to come off the preview.

Hey, did you check Vudos package on the german page? I did it with the dsdt ssdt and config.plist (with my edits) out of his package. Maybe you will try that. AND do yourself a favor (if you havent already done) and backup your drive with clonezilla and start with Yosemite on a fresh formated HD.

Hey, did you check Vudos package on the german page? I did it with the dsdt ssdt and config.plist (with my edits) out of his package. Maybe you will try that. AND do yourself a favor (if you havent already done) and backup your drive with clonezilla and start with Yosemite on a fresh formated HD.

Hi

Thanks for the response,

Yes its Vudo's files I am using, but no luck. I tried (just to confirm) wiping previous installs and dual boot and clover off of the surface and put it all back to factory purely windows 8, but still nothing, can't get it to actually load up. 

Got it to load, the install of clover was missing an option OSXAPTIOFIX2DRV-64 for anyone else that has the issue - it wasn't in the pic on here but is on the german link - now installing. I used v3113 for usb stick.

Thanks to all for the help and suggestions so far, will likely be back soon when it stops again!

Cheers

Got it to load, the install of clover was missing an option OSXAPTIOFIX2DRV-64 for anyone else that has the issue - it wasn't in the pic on here but is on the german link - now installing. I used v3113 for usb stick.

Thanks to all for the help and suggestions so far, will likely be back soon when it stops again!

Cheers

phew. ;)

Thanks to all for your help, now have it running and iMessage working again. 

Does bluetooth work properly, when I connect to my phone it says its not supported which is a bit strange. I don't use it massively anyway but just wondering if I missed something?

Now away to put windows back on dual boot.

Have a good weekend.

excuse me, how fix the imessage, facetime and applestore??

it's possible use the surface pro mini display port with yosemite?

Hi

It depends on the problem you are having with imessage etc, there are a few fixes, there is an in depth article on ****mac just google imessage fix hackintosh and it is one of the top hits. I cant link on here I don't think.

mini dp, no idea sorry.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, i tried guide of first post... But no luck.. I tried With some modifications in config.plist.. And the system boot ( i have multiboot) bit the graphics dont work properly... I tried with capri and without this, changing graphics id un clover config, booting with inject kext... But graphics is slow..

Vudo and other users have you any idea?

I have surface pro one 128gb

Finally my Intel work... Now sound not working...

are you using yosemite 10.10.2? I think there is some problem with kext signature on 10.10.2

I had audio and usb not fully working (audio did't work at all, usb worked with kext injection in clover)

so i added kext-dev-mode=1 to the boot args and I reinstalled audiohda and usb kext with kextdrop to make audio and usb fully work without kext injection in boot

But I cannot make bluetooth work, also graphics is a bit messed up when it's in a full screen (some glitches)....i tried without capiframework but it was worst...

so better with capriframebuffer but still not very acceptable

anyway I didn't read all the threads....but anyone knows how to fix bluetooth and graphics...i found a config.plist on this thread but the download link is not working anymore

thank you

Marco

@morkb

Hi there, 

kext-dev-mode=1 is mandatory to make all the "extra" kexts load, but some versions of clover doesn't need this string, so about your messy graphics you should just use the provided config.plist (that performs the igplatformid and intel gpu injection) + the dev mode string and the vanilla (the official) 10.10.2 frame buffer capri.

Goodluck and Have fun!

• Like 1

Hi JahStories (or should I say, ciao :)..i'm italian too)

thank you very much, I will try with the config.plist in the first page and the original 10.10.2 framebuffercapri

just one thing, what about bluetooth?, why it's not working in my surface? I used all the kexts, acpi patch and config.plist posted here, but without success

anyway I will try to solve the graphic problem before!

thank you very much again

Marco

Ciao Marco se vuoi puoi usare la sezione italiana, cmq rispondo a tutti qui in inglese...

The bluetooth seems to working pretty well, but not always, sometimes there are problems with it and the usb wireless driver.

Ciao JahStories,

better to stay here, maybe it could be helpful for non italian speakers :)

I fixed the graphics as you suggested, framebuffercapri from the original 10.10.2 install package did the trick...I can even see the apple bar trasparent as it should be...I remembered that one of the best rapid check for graphics on hackintosh was to check for the trasparency of the bar...

for wireless I use an edup usb micro key (ep-n8508) I bought 2 years ago when I installed lion on my notebook pc..and wireless was the problem as well and at that time everyone was suggesting for that device..and it's working fine again..I used some newer realtek 2870cus drivers...(once the dev mode was on 1)

for bluetooth, it's not working..at least bluetooth app says no hardware detected!!

anyway I'm just very happy for the graphics...bluetooth..I can live without it...

thank you very much

Marco

yeap that translucent bar was a great achievement during the old days :D

glad that you got acceleration working, you can do this to fix the graphics glitches during OS X 10.10.2 boot

sudo perl -i.bak -pe 's|\x41\x88\xC4\xEB\x11|\x41\x88\xC4\xEB\x31|sg' /System/Library/Extensions/IOGraphicsFamily.kext/IOGraphicsFamily

then you have to kextdrop IOGraphicsFamily.kext again... ;)

Don't know why your bluetooth it's not working, you can try to reinstall its kext. (AvastarFwLoader)

• Like 1

Here a pack that fix boot glitches and enables support for the external display on 10.10.3

config.plist edits required:

change the ig-platform-id to 0x0a006601

and remember to add kext-dev-mode=1 to the strings

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/388-dual-screen-boot-glitches-fix-for-sp1-10103/

• Like 2

Hi I'm having some issues on the cover part that I can't seem to get pass. Here's what I'm doing

-boot from usb

-press space on "boot osx install"

-boot with injected kexts

-system gets stuck on "waiting on boot device"

Here are some images of what's happening:

http://imgur.com/UDnN3G2

http://imgur.com/FfG9W36

http://imgur.com/7DWTegO

http://imgur.com/9JELEgT

http://imgur.com/ExUgdiW

I have been searching all the comments but couldn't find the answer so i'll try here..
Am i able to use my phone to recieve internet connection through bluetooth tethering? Since bluetooth is working i guess it should work flawlessly. Just wanna make a quick question.