Haswell-E mach_kernel patch (5960X, 5830K and 5820K) 10.10 - 10.10.1 Yosemite

stinga11

670 posts in this topic

But not for the Asus x99 E-WS :(

Fixed for the Asus x99 Deluxe and other boards but not the baddest board on the market atm. 

This is usually fixed by patching Method (_CRS) in Device (PCI0) as that is where memory is reserved. Add a couple of Debug() statements and use a patched kernel to output the data. You'll be surprised what you see then.

• Like 1

I have 5930k running yosemite but I get terrible VM performance in paralles and fusion.  I also get the occasional video lag.  I have not tried changing PCIe slots yet. 

I have x99-ud4 with F9e Bios and Clover USB Yosemite installer.

I've patched kernel with sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x74\x11\x83\xF8\x3C|\x74\x11\x83\xF8\x3F|g'

But stil have KP on CPU

Anyone have an idea?

I have x99-ud4 with F9e Bios and Clover USB Yosemite installer.

I've patched kernel with sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x74\x11\x83\xF8\x3C|\x74\x11\x83\xF8\x3F|g'

But stil have KP on CPU

Anyone have an idea?

use chameleon un|beast for the installer. 

• Like 1

Well {censored} - I created a new USB installer and still the same thing.  Is there a bios setting that is common knowledge i just overlooked?  The only thing out of the ordinary is when i boot with CSM disabled i get an error "VGA card is not supported by UEFI driver."  It automatically enables CSM.  Other than that i am baffled

Can the smart folks look at the image in post             #216             and tell me what it looks like i did wrong.  It has to be something stupid.

Progress

Bomerr. You are missing one step.

delete stock AppleACPIPlatform and IOPCIFamily from USB/S/L/E

I know. Should have been obvious.

I now can get back to [ PCI configuration begin ]. I thought that was the problem those 4 kext a were going to fix. Back to the forum to see how Sam made it through

Do not bypass the Filters. They are there for a reason. Final warning. 

The problem is that the clover AND chameleon install guide in this forum don't work. If either did I would be advocating them instead. 

I tried using the chameleon guide on this forum and adding his kext and the proper boot flag, didn't work.

I even tried first installing 'his' app first and then running the chameleon upgrade on top of it and it still didn't work. 

Progress

Bomerr. You are missing one step.

delete stock AppleACPIPlatform and IOPCIFamily from USB/S/L/E

I know. Should have been obvious.

I now can get back to [ PCI configuration begin ]. I thought that was the problem those 4 kext a were going to fix. Back to the forum to see how Sam made it through

Slipped my mind because those deletes are 5960x only and I have a 5820k so I never had to do it. 

The problem is that the clover AND chameleon install guide in this forum don't work. If either did I would be advocating them instead. 

I tried using the chameleon guide on this forum and adding his kext and the proper boot flag, didn't work.

I even tried first installing 'his' app first and then running the chameleon upgrade on top of it and it still didn't work. 

Slipped my mind because those deletes are 5960x only and I have a 5820k so I never had to do it. 

I created USB Chameleon and added VooDooTSCsync, Fake,NUlLPower... and so on as descibed here, also npciroot=0x2000 for the GTX970 -x -v -f

Patched kernel and so on.

And I got into the Installer menu. So for now I'm only able to install via Chameleon. Will finish it tonight and let Clover do the rest.

If any one has a working Clover config file for 5930K and X99-UD4 that would be nice.

Thanks all for your efforts.

Ed

One more thing - it was necessary to replace not just delete AppleACPIPlatform and IOPCIFamily in USB/S/L/E.  Then i used KEXT Wizard to repair permissions.  Still had issues so went back to optimized bios settings.  Disabled WiFi, BT, the secondary SATA controller.  I am sure a few more things.    My error was caused by not having IOPCIEFamily in S/L/E but that alone did not get me healthy.  

booted with -x -f nv_disable=1 (along with plist items kext-dev-mode=1 npci=0x2000 -v)

Finally i saw the welcome screen.  It took so many reboots and changes i am not sure i captured everything that had to change.  The saga continues 

Do not bypass the Filters. They are there for a reason. Final warning. 

Sorry typo mistake! It won't happen again!

I've got it up and running!

Here is what I did:

Created USB installer with Chameleon and use these bootflags npci=0x2000 nv_diable=1 and with VoodooTSCSync.kext(edited for 6 or 8 core) in /E/E/ so boot time speeds up :-)

Also patche kernel on USB installer as described here.

Boot with USB and install

After Install boot again USB and copy VoodooTSCSync.kext in (/S/L/E) and patched kernel to (/S/L/K/) the new installed disk.

Reboot again USB and choose again fresh installed Yosemite disk with same boot flags as above.

In new OS install Clover ( 2976), Nvidia Webdriver (for 970) and use only these kext ( FakeSMC, VoodooTSCSync) and drivers64UEFI (EmuVariableUefi-64.efi, FSInject-64.efi,OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi, OsxFatBinaryDrv-64.efi, VBoxHfs-64.efi)

And these bootflags: npci=0x2000 nvda_drv=1 kext-dev-mode=1

That's it! 

I have 5930K and X99-UD4 with Latest F9e BIOS.

Even sleep is working!

Only thing I have are some cosmetic issues like Unknown processor and Generic AHCI Controller.

x99 audio - testers needed

Realtek motherboard and AMD/Nvidia HDMI audio

Chameleon or Clover

Native AppleHDA.kext

Chameleon

Installation  (4 steps)

1. Audio_ID Injection (select one method)
    1. audio enabler kext
      1. Download/Kext installer/HDAEnabler1.kext.zip
    2. ssdt/x99/onboard and HDMI audio
      1. SSDT-1.aml.zip
    3. RampageDev X99.dmg/ssdt.aml
      1. .dmg audio instructions are not current
  2. Restart
    1. Verify IOReg/HDEF/layout-id/<01 00 00 00>
      1. No HDEF/Wrong layout-id, Audio_ID injection failed.
        1. Try Audio_ID Injection same/different method
        2. See Problem Reporting, below
  3. Codec Patch
    1. realtekALC/patch in place
      1. Download/Double Click/audio_alc_x99-hda-100_patch.command.zip
      2. Download/Double Click/audio_realtekALC-100.command.zip
  4. Restart
    1. Verify System Preferences/Sound/Output

Clover

Installation  (4 steps)

1. Clover Injection
      1. Download/config-audio_cloverALC-x99.plist.zip
      2. Add config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Patches/Rename ALZA to HDEF
      1. SSDT-1.aml.zip
  2. Restart
  3. Codec Patch
    1. cloverALC/Clover patched
      1. Download/config-audio_cloverALC-x99.plist.zip  (same as above)
        1. Add config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/KextsToPatch/10.9.4-10.10-/x99 ALC Onboard Audio
      2. Download/Double Click/audio_cloverALC-100.command.zip
  4. Restart

More Information/Problem Reporting, Post #1, Yosemite: Audio - Realtek ALC AppleHDA

Credit: RevoGirl

Edit 1/14/15,  .command_v1.0.4 udpates

• Like 2

x99 audio - testers needed

Realtek motherboard and AMD/Nvidia HDMI audio

Chameleon or Clover

Native AppleHDA.kext

Clover

Installation  (4 steps)

1. Clover Injection
      1. Download/config-audio_cloverALC-x99.plist.zip
      2. Set config.plist/Devices/Audio/Inject/1
      3. Add config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Patches/Rename ALZA to HDEF
      1. attachicon.gifSSDT-1.aml.zip
  2. Restart
  3. Codec Patch
    1. cloverALC/Clover patched
      1. Download/config-audio_cloverALC-x99.plist.zip  (same as above)
        1. Add config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/KextsToPatch/10.9.4-10.10-/x99 ALC Onboard Audio
      2. Download/Double Click/audio_cloverALC-100.command.zip
      3. ALC1150, see toleda/audio_CloverALC/README/Note 6.
  4. Restart

More Information/Problem Reporting, Post #1, Yosemite: Audio - Realtek ALC AppleHDA

Thanks I'll try that later on tinight. I have it working on all my other builds so I guess it will work here as well.

@ bomerr..

No zip file with config?

I don't use DSDT nor any patch setting in clover and also not nullpowercpu. Why would I need that for?

The other files I will test. Thanks!

No zip file with config?

I don't use DSDT nor any patch setting in clover and also not nullpowercpu. Why would I need that for?

The other files I will test. Thanks!

fixed

You don't need EmuVariable.

To fix generic download the AHCIPortInjector.kext.zip in the first post.

You also need to add GenericUSBXHCI.kext for USB 3.0 support. 

For audio you need to disable NewWay in Clover. (I've attached a copy of my working X99-UD4 clover config in the zip file below.aA

You'll probabaly want nullpower as well.  

To get iMessage working type click MacPro 6,1 in the Clover Configurator Wizard and generate a new serial number, then mix it up a bit by changing production dates. Next type uuidgen in terminal twice for two different uuids. Put one under custom UUID and the other under SmUUID. Lastly take your serial number and add extra alphanumeric digits to reach 17 digits then use that for your board serial number. 

• Like 1

fixed

You don't need EmuVariable.

To fix generic download the AHCIPortInjector.kext.zip in the first post.

You also need to add GenericUSBXHCI.kext for USB 3.0 support. 

For audio you need to disable NewWay in Clover. (I've attached a copy of my working X99-UD4 clover config in the zip file below.aA

You'll probabaly want nullpower as well.  

To get iMessage working type click MacPro 6,1 in the Clover Configurator Wizard and generate a new serial number, then mix it up a bit by changing production dates. Next type uuidgen in terminal twice for two different uuids. Put one under custom UUID and the other under SmUUID. Lastly take your serial number and add extra alphanumeric digits to reach 17 digits then use that for your board serial number. 

Board: GA-X99-UD4

Bios: F9e

Files: 

HDAenabler.kext used (from stinga11's link)

AppleHDA.kext "pre script" installed into S/L/E (from onmybikedrunk)

audio_realtekALC-90_v2.0.4 script used

AppleHDA.kext "post script" currently working

Permissions were repaired and cache was rebuilt (from stinga11's script)

SSDT.aml included as well (from rampagedev directly)

Clover Config:

NO INJECT ID

NewWay fixes DISABLED [NEWWAY BREAKS AUDIO]

Thanks man!

• Like 1

http://rampagedev.wordpress.com/os-x-tweaks/cosmetic-cpu-speed-detection-fix/

If you apply this fix it'll read "6-core Intel Xeon" in the System Report.

Put 1281 in for Type under CPU section.

Does anyone know where to find what these different intel CPU codes are? Are they part of the bootloader or on an Intel spec sheet somewhere? The only one I've ever seen is 1281 for 6-core Intel Xeon.

Does anyone know where to find what these different intel CPU codes are? Are they part of the bootloader or on an Intel spec sheet somewhere? The only one I've ever seen is 1281 for 6-core Intel Xeon.

My guess is Intel. Set SMcputype in SMBios.plist to 2561. This will get your 8 core xeon recognised,

Or the code is maybe on CPU by manufactor.

and someone succeeded to use Imessage? :)

To get iMessage working type click MacPro 6,1 in the Clover Configurator Wizard and generate a new serial number, then mix it up a bit by changing production dates. Next type uuidgen in terminal twice for two different uuids. Put one under custom UUID and the other under SmUUID. Check mark Inject ID. Lastly take your serial number and add extra alphanumeric digits to reach 17 digits then use that for your board serial number. Reboot. Test that all your numbers are valid in RT Variables. Then sign into iMessage. 

Note; You may need to call in Apple and give them the code iMessage spits out.