Nvidia Web Driver updates for Yosemite [UPDATE: 07/21/2017]

fantomas

670 posts in this topic

Use Mac Pro 3,1, not 5,1.. Reinstall the driver normally.

HO-LEE SHART! 

That worked! Thank you thank you thank you!

Although, all that work was for nothing because the HDMI audio still isn't working

Worked!

I still have black screen with this on 4k. 5k works but now retina scaling options are gone and I can only choose native resolution or 2560x1440.

I'm sorry to head that man. It fixed some problems for me. 

Worked!

I'm sorry to head that man. It fixed some problems for me.

Haha so you inspired me to try some things. I was stubbornly sticking to MacPro 6,1 smbios. I changed to 3,1 and the 4k comes alive!

Existing issues (I'm sure due to 5k)

- computer can't sleep and must be rebooted after screens go dark

- no retina choices for resolution on 5k (although the 2560x1440 on 5k works for me anyway - was present in last beta driver)

Existing issues (I'm sure due to 5k)

- computer can't sleep and must be rebooted after screens go dark

I've been following this thread below so solve a problem I have been having where my computer reboots after sleeping for a short while. After it sleeps for a little bit it reboots and then upon booting a dialogue box comes up saying something like "Computer restarted because of a problem" 

This might be something similar to what you are experiencing. 

There is a link in the solution posted in that thread that is broken.. I already posted in the thread to see if someone can bring some clarity to the fix. I hope this helps. 

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/300072-wake-reason-rtc-alarm-how-to-deactivate/

Are you from Pennsylvania, btw?

I've been following this thread below so solve a problem I have been having where my computer reboots after sleeping for a short while. After it sleeps for a little bit it reboots and then upon booting a dialogue box comes up saying something like "Computer restarted because of a problem" 

This might be something similar to what you are experiencing. 

There is a link in the solution posted in that thread that is broken.. I already posted in the thread to see if someone can bring some clarity to the fix. I hope this helps. 

[url=http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/300072-wake-reason-rtc-alarm-how-to-deactivate/]http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/300072-wake-reason-rtc-alarm-how-to-deactivate/[/url

Are you from Pennsylvania, btw?

Hey thanks for the info but I remember looking in console and seeing something about connecting to some display sleep thing. It never goes to sleep - monitors go black and then it is crashed. No problem sleeping if only 4k monitor is attached.

And yes I was from philly burbs but moved to South Jersey in 2011.

After running with AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext for some time, display troubles began again. Yesterday disabled it manually (I still need to redo that kludge, but this time in a better way) after updating the drivers to latest provided here. No trouble with GUI crashing ever since. Another step I'll take as soon as I disassemble my poor mini is to remove heatsinks and apply fresh paste. (Arctic Ceramique 2)

No HDMI audio though.

Working for me with 10.10.3 & 343.02.03b04 with an Nvidia GTX 770 2GB over HDMI.

Pass-through is also working for Kodi (DTS, DTS-HD, DD5.1) to my Yamaha receiver also.

• Like 1

Is there something I need to do with Clover configurator to get the HDMI audio working? 

My system is:

Gigabyte Z97x-ud7 TH 

i7-4790k 

EVGA GTX 980 SC

System definition is currently MacPro 3,1. 

Maybe I'm missing something. 

Is there something I need to do with Clover configurator to get the HDMI audio working? 

My system is:

Gigabyte Z97x-ud7 TH 

i7-4790k 

EVGA GTX 980 SC

System definition is currently MacPro 3,1. 

Maybe I'm missing something. 

Try this : https://www.dropbox.com/s/j5ov808zn58arkf/HDMI%20audio%20for%20AMD%20or%20NVIDIA.zip?dl=0 and don't forget to rebuild kernel cache ;)