OS X 10.9.5 Update Released for Mac

Allan

31 posts in this topic

Mavericks-OSX_Icon.png

Hi Guys! Apple has released an update to OS X Mavericks, versioned as OS X 10.9.5. The update is recommended for all Mac/Hack users to install and includes bug fixes and security updates for core system software. 

This update:

• Improves the reliability of VPN connections that use USB smart cards for authentication
• Improves the reliability of accessing files located on an SMB server
• Includes Safari 7.0.6

For you update your Hack/Mac go in  Apple menu and choosing “Software Update”.

gtc.png

Or, download the updates in AppleSupport site, see this links:

OS X 10.9.5 - Normal

OS X 10.9.5 - Combo

• Like 6

Anyone running the Nvidia GTX 7xx Desktop or series GTX 7xxM Mobile Graphics card and able to run with Apple Native nvidia driver or do you still need the Web (retail) driver?  I know in Yosemite I am able to use the Native Drivers, but in 10.9.4 Mavericks I need to run the Web driver.

Just updated to 10.9.5 :
– Sound works fine 
– Trim enabled by the Cindori app

Just got as usual some troubles with graphics.

After installing 10.9.5, fix audio and trim patch, I installed the latest NVidia drivers (released today) 334.01.03f01 and got a blank screen after reboot (No signal on the monitor but I can hear sound)

I always had to boot with nv_disable=1 flag

Any idea ?

to Allan  :  I have put my tampered AppleYukon2 kext inside myHack kext.  Now system update can freely update ionetworkingfamily.kext.

With sound chip I use voodoohda.kext and applehdadisabler.kext, and now system update can update applehda.kext too without problem.

FakeSMC is standalone kext, and it works well with the hardware sniffer kext.

So..  I "inject" needed marwell 88E8056 driver by using my hack kext.  Heretic, maybe, but it works.  =  No need to fix anything after update.

T  -.-

10.9.5 (13F34) works extremely well in this old machine.  -  It is easy to wait 8 core processors more reasonably pricing.

• Like 1

anyone uses Apple bt trackpad with 10.9.5?

mine is not working 100% after update to 10.9.5, for example single tap to click, double finger tap etc.

it was working fine on 10.9.4

i repaired the permission and rebuild the cache but the problem persists

Maybe try disconnect your Trackpad manually and reconnect ?

No Problem so far with this Update. But i don't know exactly if this is a Problem with Clover 2890 or with this Update. My two iDE Drives are no longer detected under Systeminformation -> ATA and Burning form Media.

I test both Kext under 10.9.5 ApplePCIIDE.kext and LegacyJMB36xSATA.kext but none of them works. Anyone know how i can fix that? Thanks!

anyone uses Apple bt trackpad with 10.9.5?

mine is not working 100% after update to 10.9.5, for example single tap to click, double finger tap etc.

it was working fine on 10.9.4

i repaired the permission and rebuild the cache but the problem persists

No problem so far with my magic trackpad after update to 10.9.5

• Like 1