Yosemite: Audio - Realtek ALC AppleHDA

toleda

793 posts in this topic

Hello! I have ALC269 on my notebook.

I have tried few methods to up and run sound (realtekALC/patch in place and CLoverALC)

For both cases it says:

Audio ID: 28 is not supported

I have tried to proceed, but sound did not appeared. 

Does it mean that sound not supported by this patches or completely unsupported?

Thank you!

Does not work!!!!! :(

Using the letters from Manual/Page 20/Chapter 1- 7/Back Panel Connectors, what connector for:

Green

Orange

Black

Pink

Blue

I have ALC269 on my notebook.

ALC269 supports BRIX only (headphones, SPDIF) and uses Audio ID: 1 as noted in Post #1.

Laptop/ALC269 is not supported.

• Like 1

AU LAB reports an audio overload, no idea of the cause and no known fix.  Temporary fixes include quitting coreaudiod or switching audio devices in Preferences.  Have not seen the problem with USB or HDMI audio 

This problem (no sound after Wake-up) is only present on ALC892 sound card or other ALC8** too?

after stabbing in front output shows me headphones...

I only use my speakers.....

AppleHDA.kext design; senses the connector, no way to know what is plugged in.

This problem (no sound after Wake-up) is only present on ALC892 sound card or other ALC8** too?

Other codecs as well; system specific not codec specific. All of my systems have audio on wake.

Other codecs as well; system specific not codec specific. All of my systems have audio on wake.

I have understood correctly, the problem is in a specific motherboard model with ALC892? I encountered this problem on two motherboards - GA-H97N-WIFI and GA-H97M-D3H. But there are other motherboard on which ALC892 when wake up does not lose sound?

I have tried many time now to get my Audio working. The only way is with a prepatched kext from someone els but that one gives me random freezes and  reboots.

Here is what I tried;

Clover

Installation  (4 steps)

1. Audio_ID Injection (select one method)
    1. Clover Injection
      1. Download/config-audio_cloverALC-x99.plist.zip
      2. Set config.plist/Devices/Audio/Inject/1
      3. Add config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Patches/Rename ALZA to HDEF
    2. ssdt/x99/onboard and HDMI audio
      1. zip.gif  SSDT-1.aml.zip   433bytes   24 downloads
    3. RampageDev X99.dmg/ssdt.aml
      1. .dmg audio instructions are not current
  2. Restart
    1. Verify IOReg/HDEF/layout-id/<01 00 00 00>
      1. No HDEF/Wrong layout-id, Audio_ID injection failed.
        1. Try Audio_ID Injection same/different method
        2. See Problem Reporting, below
  3. Codec Patch
    1. cloverALC/Clover patched
      1. Download/config-audio_cloverALC-x99.plist.zip  (same as above)
        1. Add config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/KextsToPatch/10.9.4-10.10-/x99 ALC Onboard Audio
      2. Download/Double Click/audio_cloverALC-100.command.zip
      3. ALC1150, see toleda/audio_CloverALC/README/Note 6.
  4. Restart
    1. Verify System Preferences/Sound/Output

More Information/Problem Reporting, Post #1, Yosemite: Audio - Realtek ALC AppleHDA

Credit: RevoGirl

I used:

1-Clover injection

2-Codec patch 1, 2 and 3

I have Audio in systemprefs and so on. But there is no audio from rear at any oiutput.

Here is my Clover-config and IO-reg

If anyone can tell me What I do wrong?

I have tried many times now to get my Audio working. The only way is with a prepatched kext from someone else but that one gives me random freezes and  reboots.

Here is what I tried;

Clover

Installation  (4 steps)

1. Audio_ID Injection (select one method)
    1. Clover Injection
      1. Download/config-audio_cloverALC-x99.plist.zip
      2. Set config.plist/Devices/Audio/Inject/1
      3. Add config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Patches/Rename ALZA to HDEF
  2. Restart
    1. Verify IOReg/HDEF/layout-id/<01 00 00 00>
      1. No HDEF/Wrong layout-id, Audio_ID injection failed.
        1. Try Audio_ID Injection same/different method
        2. See Problem Reporting, below
  3. Codec Patch
    1. cloverALC/Clover patched
      1. Download/config-audio_cloverALC-x99.plist.zip  (same as above)
        1. Add config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/KextsToPatch/10.9.4-10.10-/x99 ALC Onboard Audio
      2. Download/Double Click/audio_cloverALC-100.command.zip
      3. ALC1150, see toleda/audio_CloverALC/README/Note 6.
  4. Restart
    1. Verify System Preferences/Sound/Output

More Information/Problem Reporting, Post #1, Yosemite: Audio - Realtek ALC AppleHDA

Credit: RevoGirl

I used:

1-Clover injection

2-Codec patch 1, 2 and 3

I have Audio in systemprefs and so on. But there is no audio from rear at any oiutput.

Here is my Clover-config and IO-reg

If anyone can tell me What I do wrong?

Oh and I have X99-UD4 Bios F11

Archief.zip

But there are other motherboard on which ALC892 when wake up does not lose sound?

My 892/Z97N and 892/P8H67-I wake with audio every time.  Other H97N owners have reported wake with audio working on Yosemite.

It is not all 892 or all H97Ns. In your case, it seems it is both of your systems.  Try Codec-Commander, Post #333, Yosemite: Audio - Realtek ALC AppleHDA

No need to post the guide.

IOReg does not show any audio playing or any audio device selected.  Suggest iTunes and green rear speakers.  Reply with new IOReg and attach debug.log.

Yes. But I don't understand why does not work my rear output and front work?

I do not understand why you say rear output does not work.  Post 481, says and audibly proves rear output is working.  The distortion is the result of over powering the speakers.

• Like 1

OSX 10.10.1 + Clover v3094

ASUS P8Z77V-PRO TH

Intel i7-3770K

Graphics ASUS GT640+HD4000

Audio ALC892

I've had HDMI audio with no problems since Mountain Lion until Yosemite using chimera boot loader.

I changed to Clover bootloader a few weeks ago, and I have problems with HDMI audio since then.

I followed "Nvidia-hdmi_audio_v2 guide" and "HD4000-hdmi_audio_(dsdt_or_ssdt)_v2 guide" with no success.

Used audio_realtekALC-100.command 

Integrated audio works, but no HDMI audio devices found.

I checked again and again DSDT, and guide's troubleshooting. All appears be fine, but no HDMI audio. :( 

Attached all files requested to help.

Thanks a lot for your help, and for your great job.

HDMI_cheetaa.zip

My new motherboard is Sabertooth Z97. I think I found fix for green rear speakers, but you need to test and see if work for you. I play a lot with Audio Midi Setup and decide to make Aggregate device. First I add Built-in line output 1 and 2. After that I add  Built-in Output(green rear) but nothing happen, as you all know there is no sound from green rear, so my aggregate  device works with only line output  1 and 2. On the end I click on Built-in digital output and bam, green rear start working as should. In that moment all other speakers stop to working. I change from aggregate to Built-in outputs and sound working nice with possibility to change volume with keyboard. I'm not skillful with HDA and I don't know what is happen here, but Toleda and Mirone will understand what happen and why we can't get sound from gran rear after installation :) I tested long this and restart couple times to windows and switch back to Mavericks 10.9.5 and audio from green rear working as should. I think this will work for Yosemite too, for this board 100% for others I don't know.

http://youtu.be/WPxAtqXjGyw

P.S You can see pictures in attachment, and you can test these 4 selected options like I said. 

Edit. I used latest multybeast for Mavericks and select alc 1150. I.m using proper DSDT without ssdt.

Edit.2 Today I lost el. power for about 15 min. After that I run my computer and no more Green rear :( I thought I would be able to activate the same way as before, but I could not :(

alc 1150.tiff

but no HDMI audio.

Several issues:

HDMI audio - broken with latest Nvidia web drivers (343.02.01f01)

No reason to use web derivers with a GT 640

Fix: use native 10.10.1/Nvidia derivers

892 onboard audio- -applied audio_realtekALC-100.command and then applied audio_cloverALC-100.command

Audio will fail on next Software Update

Fix: install native AppleHDA.kext and apply only  audio_cloverALC-100.command

HD4000 - BIOS/disabled 

I click on Built-in digital output and bam, green rear start working as should. 

Simple answer, adding Built-in Digital Output to Aggregate Device should not work. No idea why it does.  

No way to verify as green works on all my test systems.

• Like 1

Several issues:

HDMI audio - broken with latest Nvidia web drivers (343.02.01f01)

No reason to use web derivers with a GT 640

Fix: use native 10.10.1/Nvidia derivers

892 onboard audio- -applied audio_realtekALC-100.command and then applied audio_cloverALC-100.command

Audio will fail on next Software Update

Fix: install native AppleHDA.kext and apply only  audio_cloverALC-100.command

HD4000 - BIOS/disabled 

Thanks a lot toleda, you're the man!

post-921385-0-32820500-1419850899_thumb.jpg

After weeks of trial-error, fixed my HDMI audio in 30 seconds. Using the native Nvidia drivers do the trick. No more changes. After this, I really feel like a fool.  :wallbash:

As onboard audio, I don't have the last AppleHDA native 'vanilla' driver (10.10.1). I only have the 10.10 'vanilla' driver now, so avoiding to download the 10.10.1 full installer, I'll wait to the next OS X update to apply the cloverALC-100 on it.

Thanks so much again for your help and support.  :)

I do not understand why you say rear output does not work.  Post 481, says and audibly proves rear output is working.  The distortion is the result of over powering the speakers.

Now work Black and orang port. But green and blue does not work...

No need to post the guide.

IOReg does not show any audio playing or any audio device selected.  Suggest iTunes and green rear speakers.  Reply with new IOReg and attach debug.log.

Here are new files. IO-reg bootlog and config file.

Still no audio.?

Archief.zip