Installation Guide for 10.10 DP1 - USB

127 posts in this topic

Awesome! How'd you fix it?

Boot flash drive and go through the setup process then on one of the pages you should see customize and you uncheck your graphics card is unsupported cause it is and then install and for network I used [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]

Ya I don't know really where to start, awhile back I had someone patch my DSDT for me and it worked, but that was for an old card.  I never really have to worry about audio issues because I've always used the FastTrackUSB for sound and never had an issue.  

Ya I don't know really where to start, awhile back I had someone patch my DSDT for me and it worked, but that was for an old card. I never really have to worry about audio issues because I've always used the FastTrackUSB for sound and never had an issue.

Toleda is like a god when it comes to anything sound related he does an amazing job at it I will probably see if he can help me

Ya I don't know really where to start, awhile back I had someone patch my DSDT for me and it worked, but that was for an old card. I never really have to worry about audio issues because I've always used the FastTrackUSB for sound and never had an issue.

So how is everything going for you is your system pretty stable

Yessir! I have the Finder crash on me sometimes when I have two or more windows open... And I'm having USB 3.0 issues where my 3.0 doesn't work after sleep... I can't use FCPX yet cuz it's not compatible...

All expected issues for a DP1! Loving Yosemite so far. None of the handoff features are working for me yet tho.

Yessir! I have the Finder crash on me sometimes when I have two or more windows open... And I'm having USB 3.0 issues where my 3.0 doesn't work after sleep... I can't use FCPX yet cuz it's not compatible...

All expected issues for a DP1! Loving Yosemite so far. None of the handoff features are working for me yet tho.

My system is really stable not really having a problem have not tried USB 3.0 after sleep though. I have networking working full acceleration on graphics. No sound and can't figure it out. Its a little laggy when it starts and on some applications but that is to be expected

• 4 weeks later...

Okay thanks :) I'll try to redo my installation key

EDIT :

Okay so I made another Installer. Now, Sensors seems work (I've messages in verbose boot for CPU Sensors and Radeonsensors.)

I tried kext-dev-mode=1 -v and I've that :

attachicon.gifIMG_20140606_181129.jpg

Then with kext-dev-mode=1 -v GraphicsEnabler=No ncpi=0x2000 USBBusFix=1 I got this :

attachicon.gifIMG_20140606_181429.jpg

Any idea ?

Thanks a lot

You can try kext-dev-mode=1 -v -f

Can somebody help me, please? If I "install" AppleACPIPlatform kext with kext wizard to get battery information on my notebook, no serial number is inside about my mac anymore. How can I fix that?

Thank you for your answer :)

Thanks to this thread and the site of RehabMan I fixed that problem with a DSDT patch. So I don't need any AppleAHCPIPlatform kext anymore, only the ACPIBatteryManager kext :)

/edit: Yes, I could not login to the App Store without serial number ;)

I installed using MacPwn, it was the only thing that worked for my HP Envy laptop, and I installed Yosemite onto an external HD and after installation when I try to boot into the HD this is the error message that I get right before it restarts, any ideas please?

post-1291279-0-85029400-1405819970_thumb.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

After a lot of trying I was able to boot the installer with Clover +  kext-dev-mode=1 -v GraphicsEnabler=No ncpi=0x2000 USBBusFix=1

Let's see if the installation will work now :)

UPDATE:

Installation went fine, however my GTX 760 does not seem to work, I only get 1024x768 screen. I haven't play around with drivers, so I am not sure if [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] fixes audio and net.

• 1 month later...

OS X 10.10 Yosemite (DP1) Installation Guide

1. Requirements

b. An 8GB or bigger USB drive
c. Access to a Mac, preferably your current Hackintosh
d. (Optional) A separate partition to install the DP on, as it is not recommended to install this as you daily driver.

The Clover link informed above do a error message. can you fix it ?? Thank you!

cp "/Volumes/OS X Install ESD/BaseSystem.dmg" /Volumes/Name_of_your_USB/ 

cp "/Volumes/OS X Install ESD/BaseSystem.chunklist" /Volumes/Name_of_your_USB/

What is this step for?Before that you have restore the "Base System".