Installation Guide for 10.10 DP1 - USB

127 posts in this topic

The MACH error seems to be CPU-related. Are you install on your AMD systems or the Intel one?

Intel. Not even gonna bother on AMD lol

I've fixed things to the point now where I'm almost certain my boot is broken because of the NVDA kexts. I'm hanging where I should see GUI. Still able to type into the command line as well but no actions.

I'm gonna remove kexts and see if I can boot in. Then I just need to figure out how to get my GTX 650 working.

The issue seems to be related to improper Clover settings, ADHD: when I boot from my main HDD and select Yosemite from the menu, it works. When I boot directly from the Yosemite HDD, it crashes. The difference? The Clover settings in my main HDD are already fine tuned for my HW, including things like a DSDT.aml in the EFI/Clover/ACPI folder. I'm sure if I copy the entire EFI folder to the Yosemite's EFI partition, it will work as well, but as I said in the other topic, I didn't bother yet. My advice is you take time getting familiar with Clover. or else, wait for a Chameleon solution.

All the best!

My feelings exactly. I've never used Clover before. I tried to install it to the partition that I installed Yosemite too, but it gives me a "boot1" error. I have my DSDT.aml inside of the ACPI folder on my USB installer with Clover on it, does that get read when I boot the OS on a different HDD? Or does it still read what's on the USB when booting another HDD?

Guest wader1111

ADHDMedia: I think you and I have the same issue... Makes sense I have a GT 630. I'm about to go to my friends tonight who has a computer that runs Mavericks without any boot arguments all plug and play. He has a Radeon 7750. I'll try installing it on his and see if it gets to the install screen or not.

See that's why this is so frustrating... I run Mavs completely vanilla on my system. The only extra kext I have installed is for USB 3.0. My graphics work out the box. I just don't understand this!!! LOL

Sorry for venting here guys.

@connatic - you've always been there with advice man, remember me on the AMD thread?? I appreciate your help man. And everyone's for that matter.

ADHDMedia: I think you and I have the same issue... Makes sense I have a GT 630. I'm about to go to my friends tonight who has a computer that runs Mavericks without any boot arguments all plug and play. He has a Radeon 7750. I'll try installing it on his and see if it gets to the install screen or not.

I got to the install screen and installed successfully without any NVDA kexts. You might give that a shot, might at least get you through install.

I mean delete all the NVDA kexts.

Anyways, I've got work to do, gotta stay in Mavs for a couple hours. If you guys figure anything out, lemme know!!

Was thinking about maybe installing the working NVDA kexts from 10.9.3 and seeing what happens. I'll let u guys know.

PS I talk a mean game, but I just can't bring myself to give up lol

I'm hitting the same problem, I can see the bash prompt, but it hangs up, I can't type anything, then "missing Bluetooth controller transport" appeared. Then I moved AppleIntelHD*.kext , AppleIntelF*.kext and all NVD*.kext(I have a gtx 880m card), and still get this error. So frustrated...

I'm hitting the same problem, I can see the bash prompt, but it hangs up, I can't type anything, then "missing Bluetooth controller transport" appeared. Then I moved AppleIntelHD*.kext , AppleIntelF*.kext and all NVD*.kext(I have a gtx 880m card), and still get this error. So frustrated...

when hangs up. unplug and plug in again the keyboard. it was worked for me

i'm getting the Kernel Panic.. "Unable to find driver for this platform: ACPI bla..bla..", anyone how to fix this in yosemite?

Do you have NullCPUPowerManagement working?

Im getting this error: "kext com.apple.driver.applemobiledevice 303009000 is in exception list, allowing to load" after successfully installing it!

That's not an error, it's just allowing a kext to load. Can you boot into the system?

That's not an error, it's just allowing a kext to load. Can you boot into the system?

I couldnt. Im only managed to boot the installer and install it successfully! My build is a gigabyte z77x-ud3h with nvidia gtx 660 ti. Thank you very much.

I couldnt. Im only managed to boot the installer and install it successfully! My build is a gigabyte z77x-ud3h with nvidia gtx 660 ti. Thank you very much.

You copied all the kexts correctly right? Double check to make sure you're using the correct Clover settings, it might require DSDT patching.

have this kext inside System/Library/Extensions/ also FakeSMC.kext.

remove the Intelcpupowermanagement.kext. same result.. getting the KP

Are you loading it properly after the install? Try kextloading it in single-user mode.

You copied all the kexts correctly right? Double check to make sure you're using the correct Clover settings, it might require DSDT patching.

Hi there, actually before came across this guide, i was following this instead: 

and i have followed the same customization for the clover bootloader as him. I just checked i have the fakesmc in my Yosemite extensions folder. Do you think i should redo and follow yours? Or does his work just as well? Thank you very much.
  • Like 1

Hi, my issue is write the commands because I'm using laptop keyboard (isn't usb keyboard). My keyboard works with VoodooPS2Controller.kext. 

Some way to load VoodooPS2Controller.kext before to write the commands?

Regards.