Installation Guide for 10.10 DP1 - USB

127 posts in this topic

I think I shall try yours tomorrow. Can I check with you for the clover boot loader what customization should I choose according to my specs in which I have attached earlier on? Because i have no idea which to select! Thank you very much :)

OS X 10.10 Yosemite (DP1) Installation Guide

1. Requirements

b. An 8GB or bigger USB drive
c. Access to a Mac, preferably your current Hackintosh
d. (Optional) A separate partition to install the DP on, as it is not recommended to install this as you daily driver.
fsck -fy
mount -uw /
kextcache -m /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext /System/Library/Extensions
cd /System/Library/Extensions
chmod -R 755 FakeSMC.kext
chown -R root:wheel FakeSMC.kext
kextload -v FakeSMC.kext

No longer any need for single user mode (steps 8-16).  Clover Version 2695+ uploaded by Slice in this post can now inject kexts properly in OSX 10.10.  So...

• Install Clover into the EFI partition of a GUID partitioned USB drive with the correct EFI drivers.
  • Add the argument kext-dev-mode=1 to Clover's config.plist to allow unsigned hackintosh kexts:
<key>Arguments</key>
<string>kext-dev-mode=1</string>
  • Place FakeSMC.kext & other necessary kexts (eg network kexts, VoodooPS2, NullCPUPowermanagement) in EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other or 10.10
  • Boot your machine into the installer with injected kexts and follow the prompts etc.
  • Like 1

No longer any need for single user mode.  Clover Version 2695+ uploaded by Slice in this post can now inject kexts properly in OSX 10.10.

Just boot with the argument kext-dev-mode=1 in your config.plist to allow unsigned hackintosh kexts:

<key>Arguments</key>
<string>kext-dev-mode=1</string>

and place FakeSMC.kext in EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other or 10.10.

Thanks, will update the guide.

Question, would it still allow injection of 3rd-party kexts in /S/L/E? or do they have to be in Clover's EFI folder?

im getting this error after install "Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport!" any way to get pass this 

" looks like FakeSMC is not being loaded" comes back with can't load kext authentication problems

Hi Coder, how did you solve this problem, cause i'm having the same problem.

post-938766-0-43423200-1402033422_thumb.jpg

I am keep getting this error screen...

I used kext-dev-mode=1 

kext-dev-mode=1 -v

kext-dev-mode=1 -v GraphicsEnabler=No

kext-dev-mode=1 -v -x -s 

(None of them are working with 10.10)

Hi

I used this guide, but I'm getting this :

AppleUSBEHCI :: Found a transaction which hasn't moved for 5000ms

The IOUSBFamily is having trouble enumerating a USB device that has been plugged un. It will keep retrying. (Port 2 of Hub 0x1d100000)

Still Waiting For Root Device

I have the lastest Clover (2695) on a HP G5429fr. All works fine with OSX Mavericks 10.9.4 with boot flags GraphicsEnabler=No

Thanks for your help :D

Hi

I used this guide, but I'm getting this :

AppleUSBEHCI :: Found a transaction which hasn't moved for 5000ms

The IOUSBFamily is having trouble enumerating a USB device that has been plugged un. It will keep retrying. (Port 2 of Hub 0x1d100000)

Still Waiting For Root Device

I have the lastest Clover (2695) on a HP G5429fr. All works fine with OSX Mavericks 10.9.4 with boot flags GraphicsEnabler=No

Thanks for your help :D

I had the same error on my system a few days ago in Mavericks - turned out I had a corrupt hard drive. I don't know if that's your issue, but try re-formatting the installer.

Okay thanks :) I'll try to redo my installation key

EDIT :
Okay so I made another Installer. Now, Sensors seems work (I've messages in verbose boot for CPU Sensors and Radeonsensors.)
I tried kext-dev-mode=1 -v and I've that :

post-1357623-0-20530500-1402072757_thumb.jpg

Then with kext-dev-mode=1 -v GraphicsEnabler=No ncpi=0x2000 USBBusFix=1 I got this :

post-1357623-0-98495400-1402072791_thumb.jpg

Any idea ?
Thanks a lot

i'm getting the Kernel Panic.. "Unable to find driver for this platform: ACPI bla..bla..", anyone how to fix this in yosemite?

solved by myself. just boot Clover2695 + bootefi2696, highlight my OSXBaseSystem, hit the spacebar, choose “with injected text”

try this : http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298521-easy-yosemite-1010-usb-installer/

but im doin some modification.. works good. (^_^)/

Anyhelp please!! I get this after write flag info clover

Hi, I had the same issue after the installation and I've resolved replacing AppleACPIPlatform.kext, using the same kext from USB installer. 
Start the installer and once on installation menu open a terminal window, then remove kext from S/L/E on your HD (rm -R Volumes/'your hd name'/S/L/E/AppleACPIPlatform.kext) and copy the kext from USB (cp -R S/L/E/AppleACPIPlatform.kext /Volumes/'your hd name'/S/L/E/). Reboot and should start the post installation dialog.

Regards.

Thanks for the guide!

Does anyone have the checksum for the legitimate "Install Yosemite 10.10.app" file (or its DMG container) as downloaded through the Apple Developer Center? This would be useful addition to the guide, for those of us who downloaded the installer from other sources.

All is working fine !! THANKS A LOT :D
I used Clover 2696, and I booted with these arguments : "kext-dev-mode=1 -v GraphicsEnabler=No ncpi=0x2000 USBBusFix=1 EthernetBuiltIn=Yes".

My computer is a HP G5429fr with Foxconn Cupertino motherboard, Intel Core i5 2400S, 4Go RAM DDR3, AMD Radeon HD 6450, ALC656, RTL8171E.
Only my RT2870 (USB dongle for WiFi) isn't working because kexts are not released yet for 10.10.

Hi, i Need a Little bit help.

I have sucsessefull install Yosemite to my HDD.

But if I reboot from this HDD with
"-x kext-dev-mode=1 GraphicsEnabler=No PCIRootUID=1 npci=0x2000"

I get this  kernel panic

I have do all thinks i found in this Forum,

FakeSMC are in the rigth Folder with the rigth permissions and i have changed the AppleACPIPlatform.kext with this one from the Tumbdrive.

Dos enyone have a Idee?

The System runs well with Mavericks!

My System

I3 3225

ASUS P8Z68-V LX

regards

post-1202093-0-17913700-1402152957_thumb.jpg