Can't place battery status on menu bar

RCOO

7 posts in this topic

Whenever I click the option on the Energy tab -> Show battery status on the menu bar it automatically unselects and no battery is shown.

If I replace AppleSmartBatteryManager.kext with version 1.32 I can get the battery to show in the menu bar. However it shows "No batteries available".

Before I would also replace the AppleACPIPlatform kext with version 1.3.5 and that would do it.

Now, using Yosmite DP3 I just get a KP and have to revert to the original AppleACPIPlatform.

Any suggestions to get battery to display properly? :s Do I need a more recent patched AppleACPIPlatform? Or some sort of DSDT patch?

Thanks

Maybe... The rollback of the kext always worked nicely. Either they added dependencies to the newer versions of the kext or it's a bug.

Hello!

Because of your not telling your hardware, either in your post nor in your signature, I can only guess, that you need a correct battery patch in DSDT. aml. Try the find a your hardware matching one at Rehabmans github and don´t, if posssible, rollback systemfiles.

Have fun.

I applied a patch to my DSDT (Rehabman's). That solved it. No need to rollback kext's anymore :)