OS X Yosemite DP's builds!

2,033 posts in this topic

i recently bought tp link wdn 4800...now i don't want to spend much money...so there isn't a blueetooth dongle or adapter cheapy?

Yep it work here fine.

Have a look at the 

Apple Broadcom BCM94360CD - 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac + Bluetooth 4.0 with Adapter for PC/Hackintosh

The BCM94360CD needs a special adapter it will not fit in a standard PCIeMini adapter. This co supplies a kit complete with our without the Broadcom card but its pricey and it works with WiFi and Bluetooth 4.0 and uses native apple kexts.

It also offer 2.4 and 5Ghz WiFi totally Apple compatible as these cards are standard in the latest iMacs

Apple Bluetooth Software Version: 4.3.0f9 14854
  Hardware, Features, and Settings:
  Name: MacProYosemite (2)
  Address: C8-E0-EB-46-5B-36
  Bluetooth Low Energy Supported: Yes
  Handoff Supported: Yes
  Instant Hotspot Supported: Yes
  Manufacturer: Broadcom
  Transport: USB
  Chipset: 20702B0
  Firmware Version: v99 c8866
  Bluetooth Power: On
  Discoverable: Off
  Connectable: Yes
  Auto Seek Pointing: On
  Remote wake: On
  Vendor ID: 0x05AC
  Product ID: 0x828D
  HCI Version: 0x6
  HCI Revision: 0x22A2
  LMP Version: 0x6
  LMP Subversion: 0x4163
  Device Type (Major): Computer
  Device Type (Complete): Mac Desktop
  Composite Class Of Device: 0x380104
  Device Class (Major): 0x01
  Device Class (Minor): 0x01
  Service Class: 0x1C0
  Auto Seek Keyboard: On
  Devices (Paired, Configured, etc.):
 XXXX trackpad:
  Address: D8-A2-5E-F6-A4-73
  Major Type: Peripheral
  Minor Type: Trackpad
  Services: Apple Wireless Trackpad
  Paired: Yes
  Configured: Yes
  Connected: Yes
  Manufacturer: Apple (0x3, 0x31C)
  Battery Level: 85%
  Firmware Version: 0x0160
  Vendor ID: 0x05AC
  Product ID: 0x030E
  Class of Device: 0x05 0x25 0x2594
  AFH: On
  AFH Map: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF7F
  RSSI: -56
  Role: Master
  Connection Mode: Sniff Mode
  Interval: 11.25 ms
  Host Connectable: Yes
  EDR Supported: No
  eSCO Supported: No
  SSP Supported: No
  xxxx iPhone:
  Address: D4-F4-6F-87-47-F4
  Major Type: Miscellaneous
  Minor Type: Unknown
  Services:
  Connected: No
  Class of Device: 0x00 0x00 0x0000
  xxxx iPad:
  Address: 9C-04-EB-9A-F6-40
  Major Type: Miscellaneous
  Minor Type: Unknown
  Services:
  Connected: No
  Class of Device: 0x00 0x00 0x0000
  Services:
  Bluetooth File Transfer:
  When receiving items: Accept all without warning
  State: Disabled
  Bluetooth File Exchange:
  When other items are accepted: Save to location
  When receiving items: Accept all without warning
  Bluetooth Internet Sharing:
  Incoming Serial Ports:
  Bluetooth-Incoming-Port:
  RFCOMM Channel: 3
  Requires Authentication: No
  Outgoing Serial Ports:
  Bluetooth-Modem:
  Address:
  RFCOMM Channel: 0
  Requires Authentication: No

$34 on ebay for the same thing, even with the adapter.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Set-of-BCM94360CD-BCM94331CD-to-PCI-E-1X-Adapter/261607983834?_trksid=p2054897.c100204.m3164&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20140407115239%26meid%3Df95494573d73481eba180340ff65f26e%26pid%3D100204%26prg%3D20140407115239%26rk%3D3%26rkt%3D20%26sd%3D161430850181

the other link wants $99  ?!?!  GTFO

• Like 2

Thanks guys trim is now working using clover patch but on restarting my computer since doing the patch it goes to the desktop almost then restarts a few times everytime i restart it?. So on every reboot it shuts down a few times then works and i have trim support :(

Installed Yosemite GM for the first time and I'm really surprised with how much faster and smoother the UI is (compared to Mavericks) despite the new transparencies.

I was expecting the opposite seeing as how old my hardware is.

I did run into a few issues though like missing icons here and there, check boxes in settings not always working, ejecting disks says "trash" instead of "eject", finder crashed once... amongst others. 

Yosemite obviously still needs some more work, but its certainly shaping up to be a really nice release. Contrary to my expectations, I'm really happy. 

• Like 1

Since the last DPs and now GM, my Broadcom brcm4329 (WiFi) has not worked. Does anyone know how to activate this card?

I used to activation script for all all the versions up to 10.9 and get result every single time, but with 10.10, I am at the end of my wit. Please help!

Thanks guys trim is now working using clover patch but on restarting my computer since doing the patch it goes to the desktop almost then restarts a few times everytime i restart it?. So on every reboot it shuts down a few times then works and i have trim support :(

I do not have that issue and I also use the Clover TRIM patch. Not sure what to tell you buddy.

Since the last DPs and now GM, my Broadcom brcm4329 (WiFi) has not worked. Does anyone know how to activate this card?

I used to activation script for all all the versions up to 10.9 and get result every single time, but with 10.10, I am at the end of my wit. Please help!

did you check the info.plist?

IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleAirPortBrcm4311.kext/Contents/Info.plist

<string>pci14e4,4329</string>

IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleAirPortBrcm4311.kext/Contents/Info.plist

I did try that once in DP8, and after repairing permission, it popped up as Airport. Yet this time around, it did not work. I am going to try again and probably with the new FakeSMC for Yosemite. Thank you v\for the vote of confidence. I will post if succeed.

I've asked this question a few times and it keeps getting ignored so I'll ask it again.

Why do we have to use a certain wifi card when Handoff works via BT? Also, since I have a working wifi card as well as a working BT 4.0 LE adapter, why would we not just be able to spoof hardware ID's via Clover or some other method to get OSX to think we have one of these "compatible" cards?

Can someone please explain this to me? Especially the first part.

Update: I went in IO80211Family.kext and edited both 4311 and 43224, adding brcm4329. Repaired permissions and rebooted. Everything is fine now. Thank you very much

Update: I went in IO80211Family.kext and edited both 4311 and 43224, adding brcm4329. Repaired permissions and rebooted. Everything is fine now. Thank you very much

Can I use Clover to fake my Atheros device ID so my Hack thinks I have this Broadcom card installed?  Will handoff work then??  Why doesn't anyone wanna acknowledge this question...

One thing I did notice: unfortunately, my system is not capable of reaching (or even getting close to) 11K in Geekbench 2, a recurrent issue since Yosemite, at least for me. With one of the DPs, it scored north of 11.2K, and with Mavericks and Mountain Lion, since I solved PM, never bellow 11K.