OS X Yosemite DP's builds!

2,033 posts in this topic

Can I use Clover to fake my Atheros device ID so my Hack thinks I have this Broadcom card installed?  Will handoff work then??  Why doesn't anyone wanna acknowledge this question...

I believe nobody really knows what’s going on with handoff, hence the silence. You should start a new thread to gather information about the issue.

Regarding your question, Clover should be able to fake the device id to a compatible one but changing vendor won’t work cause the OS will load the Broadcom driver instead of the Atheros you need. Try emulating some handoff compatible Atheros model (there’s no list, just Mac compatible models I believe).

• Like 1

Thank you for at least replying. I will have to look around for a compatible Atheros model and see what I can find. Thank you for the insight.

I just still don't understand what wifi has to do with handoff. But I guess time will tell.

You're not alone. My WIFI doesn't work in GM, either. Although my card is Atheros 9380.

WIFI doesn't even show up as a service under Networking.

Tried rolling back to a previous IO80211Family.kext release - no dice.

MAJ

Ah. Got her fixed up.

I noticed during the cache build I got the following in the log:

AirPortAtheros40.kext - no compatible dependency found for com.apple.iokit.IONetworkingFamily.

AirPortTheros40.kext is a plugin in IO80211Family.kext.

So, I just extracted the two kexts from the installer and reinstalled them and set permissions. All okay, now, and posting from it.

MAJ

This is what I'm using for wifi.  Detected as Airport Extreme: 

en1:
  Card Type:	AirPort Extreme  (0x168C, 0x3112)
  Firmware Version:	Atheros 9380: 4.0.74.0-P2P
  MAC Address:	90:f6:52:0d:93:1e
  Locale:	FCC
  Country Code:	
  Supported PHY Modes:	802.11 a/b/g/n
  Supported Channels:	1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 36, 40, 44, 48, 52, 56, 60, 64
  Wake On Wireless:	Supported
  AirDrop:	Supported

…and this is BT 4.0 LE dongle: 

Apple Bluetooth Software Version:	4.3.0f9 14854
  Hardware, Features, and Settings:
  Name:	ADHDMediaPRO
  Address:	00-1A-7D-DA-71-13
  Bluetooth Low Energy Supported:	Yes
  Handoff Supported:	No
  Instant Hotspot Supported:	No
  Manufacturer:	Cambridge Silicon Radio
  Transport:	USB
  Firmware Version:	8891
  Bluetooth Power:	On
  Discoverable:	On
  Connectable:	Yes
  Auto Seek Pointing:	On
  Remote wake:	On
  Vendor ID:	0x0A12
  Product ID:	0x0001
  HCI Version:	0x6
  HCI Revision:	0x22BB
  LMP Version:	0x6
  LMP Subversion:	0x22BB
  Device Type (Major):	Computer
  Device Type (Complete):	Mac Desktop
  Composite Class Of Device:	0x380104
  Device Class (Major):	0x01
  Device Class (Minor):	0x01
  Service Class:	0x1C0
  Auto Seek Keyboard:	On

…extremely frustrating.  What Atheros model are you guys using that's compatible with Handoff?  I want to try to fake my device and see if it enables it. 

Dongles, for some reason, won't work, even with Apple Macs, and with supported Broadcom chipsets. Hope it gets hacked someday, but i would not hold my breath for it. Instead, go for a recycled PCIe x1 original Apple BT/WiFi solution: Google is your friend! :D

Or do what I decided to, and simply stop to care about it.

• Like 2

After poking around for awhile now, I'm kinda gathering that you need a 802.11ac compatible wifi card for Handoff…? Does that sound right?

No, you do not need an AC compatible wireless card. If that was the case then any mac manufactured before 2013 would not have it. It's still being investigated. We will know more when Yosemite is released to the public in 2 weeks time. My assumption is that if you have a compatible BT 4.0 card with LE and a supported chipset there will be a way to activated Handoff. The CSR cards are a hit and miss, the broadcom cards have normally good support.

I'm not too bothered at the moment, I have an iPhone 5S and an iPad Air but they are on 7.1.2 because of the jailbreak. When the iOS 8 jailbreak is released then I will be interested!

• Like 1

After poking around for awhile now, I'm kinda gathering that you need a 802.11ac compatible wifi card for Handoff…? Does that sound right?

I think your problem is actually the Bluetooth device, I haven’t seen not even one example of a USB Bluetooth dongle with working Handoff.

:offtopic: Guys anyone know if any wifi adaper exist for a combo card like this:http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HP-P-N-593127-001-Atheros-AR5B195-AR9285-AR3011-WiFi-Bluetooth-Combo-Card-W013-/291256027157?pt=UK_Computing_LaptopAccessories_PCMCIACards&hash=item43d0364815

I have two of it, one is installed on my notebook, the second I would like to install it on my desktop system ...

Thanks to those who answer

:hysterical:

no, because I missing something: must be pci (not mentioned before), and only two antenna cables..(... can work with 3 cables?)

I have not found it on e-bay or Amazon, simply :)

EDIT

...what is the third cable, is compatible with only two?

EDIT 2

something like this one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/for-full-half-size-802-11n-wireless-wifi-mini-pci-e-card-to-pci-e-wlan-adapter-/311074000196?pt=US_Internal_Network_Cards&hash=item486d748d44

but not ship to Italy...

:hysterical:

no, because I missing somethig: must be pci (not mentioned before), and only two antenna cables..(... can work with 3 cables?)

I have not found it on e-bay or Amazon, simply :)

EDIT

...what is the third cable, is compatible with only two?

EDIT 2

something like this one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/for-full-half-size-802-11n-wireless-wifi-mini-pci-e-card-to-pci-e-wlan-adapter-/311074000196?pt=US_Internal_Network_Cards&hash=item486d748d44

but not ship to Italy...

See how to finish your PCI-E Wirelless Adapter(Forget 3 Antenas and 3 cables) :thumbsup_anim:

First ..me start with  this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Mini-PCIe-Express-Adapter-Antenna/dp/B0057UPNBE

Two..put  3 Antenna's  in trash :thumbsup_anim:

Tree..pay Laptops Cable Antena with two cable

https://www.google.bg/search?q=Hear+me+use+Laptops+Antenna+Cable&biw=1237&bih=571&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=rC8wVMTkNeq6ygOAo4C4Bg&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ#tbm=isch&q=+Laptops+Antenna+Cable&imgdii=_

Four ..Fix laptops antenna cable on my PC

Five ..Fix two cable on PCI adapter(SWICH ON WIFI CARD)

Six ..Everything is well

Here_me_use_Laptops_Antena_Cable.jpgDirectly_swith_laptop_antenna_cable.jpg

Black cable antena is left side on card

White is Right side

And is well-dont have antennas on my PC back side,its clean

Antena_is_off_on_PC.jpg

Right side on my PCModded G5case with fixed antennas cable

image.jpg

• Like 1

Ok, I'll buy it. But not understant why you want trash the original cable..

I can not look this beautifull back with antennas..will be disgusting :hysterical:

post-550798-0-38374100-1412448195_thumb.jpg

Hi,

I'm on the GM1 of Yosemite. Has anyone here tried to use Netflix without Silverlight? In Safari of course.

My Z87 Haswell Hack on internal graphics should be able to do it Hardware wise but Netflix won't let me use HTML5 over Silverlight. My Mid2010 MBP can't do it so I can not check if it is not implemented yet or something Hacks might not be able to do or only with additional tweaking.

Wow, well, "general" question, is public beta program tester able to download yet?

Now PB4 is avalable for download it's pretty much the GM.

I think your problem is actually the Bluetooth device, I haven’t seen not even one example of a USB Bluetooth dongle with working Handoff.

That just doesn't seem like it makes any sense.  As far as BT goes, the service is reportedly supposed to require BT 4.0 LE, which my dongle fully supports.  So why would it not work?  Unless there is something missing.  From everything I've read, these compatible combo cards include 802.11ac as well as BT 4.0 LE.  That's the only thing that stands out as different to me.  I could be wrong, but I'm leaning towards the ac being the problem. 

I was following this guide to install the GM on my PC and here's my feedback:

- if I boot via the USB stick without any flags, there's a line of text (something about 10.10 kernels.....) and it goes back to the OS selection in about 2 seconds (I had 2, Mavericks on one HDD and the USB stick);

- I managed to get to the setup only using -v -f and USBBusFix=Yes (this one is killing me, I had to use it on Mavericks too), if I skip the -f it doesn't work, no mather what flag I add, it gets stuck at some points;

- the installation went fine, no issues. After the reboot, I booted into the OS via the USB stick and choose the HDD where I installed the GM, also adding -v -f and USBBusFix=Yes;

- the booting process seemed stuck at a line about some Bluetooth thing missing, but after a while (about 5 minutes), it "booted", meaning I got the grey screen (where the login, or the setup wizard should have started) and the mouse cursor. That's where it died. It wasn't frozen, I could move the mouse, but nothing happened after.

What do I do from here? :(

That just doesn't seem like it makes any sense.  As far as BT goes, the service is reportedly supposed to require BT 4.0 LE, which my dongle fully supports.  So why would it not work?  Unless there is something missing.  From everything I've read, these compatible combo cards include 802.11ac as well as BT 4.0 LE.  That's the only thing that stands out as different to me.  I could be wrong, but I'm leaning towards the ac being the problem. 

I’m quite sure it doesn’t require 802.11ac because some Mac models that don’t have it (first rMBP for example) were reported to have working Handoff. And many also reported that the Broadcom BCM94331CD card (a/b/g/n + Bluetooth 4.0) works oob too.