Mavericks Realtek ALC AppleHDA Audio

toleda

470 posts in this topic

Hi

I've followed this guid to enable codec ALC892 to work on my build but so far with no audio coming out

Hardware/Software:

OS X Mavericks 10.9.1 / Asus Sabertooth X79 MB with Bios ver: 4502 / Core i7 4930K / GTX 760

Native AppleHDA.kext ver 2.5.3

Procedures:

use HDAEnabler method with HDAEnabler1.kext and patched native apple lext with audio_alc892-91_patch.command

PS: I was using a SSDT obtained from here:http://rampagedev.wordpress.com/2014/01/05/updated-x79-dmg-released/ and I have trid with "DropSSDT" in chameleon bootplist or remove " layoutid=1" in SSDT but both of them did not work on me.

Please see atached file for more information and thanks in advance for your help/ advice! :)

I've also see that there are some people have the sound working with the same MB and CPU but using VooDooHDA.kext with v2.7.3, is that possible?

Extra - Extensions.tiff

sysinfo screengrab.tiff

jon’s Mac Pro.zip

sound assertion.zip

SSDT.zip

Edited by c00per

Hi Guy's

I need help, I'm using a GA-DQ6-X48 running 10.9. I have a modified DSDT that works using the ALC889a, installed Toleda AppleHDA.kext and patch for DSDT from [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] 6.1.0.

I can't pass message from the kernel: DSP sound assertion in DspFuncManager at line 468 and line 1473, I can only boot with -f.
I also had a kernel notification: Sound assertion in AppleHDAEngine at line 581, I mange to fix it by adding the ''MaximumBootBeepVolume'' 0x4D in DSDT.

When I boot with -f, sound working properly.

Does anyone have a suggestion, what should I change in DSDT or in AppleHDA.kext so I could boot normally ?

In att. you will find my ioreg, dsdt and error pic.

Thanks

Ioreg+dsdt+error.zip

I've followed this guid to enable codec ALC892 to work on my build but so far with no audio coming out

You cannot use HDAEnabler with dsdt/ssdt injection; one or the other; both results in no audio.  Reply with new IOReg with audio id injection method noted.

Sound assertion does not hang/stop boot.  Boot flag -f is solving a different problem, likely graphics.  

• Like 2

Hi Guy's

I need help, I'm using a GA-DQ6-X48 running 10.9. I have a modified DSDT that works using the ALC889a, installed Toleda AppleHDA.kext and patch for DSDT from ##### 6.1.0.

I can't pass message from the kernel: DSP sound assertion in DspFuncManager at line 468 and line 1473, I can only boot with -f.

I also had a kernel notification: Sound assertion in AppleHDAEngine at line 581, I mange to fix it by adding the ''MaximumBootBeepVolume'' 0x4D in DSDT.

Does anyone have a suggestion, what should I change in DSDT or in AppleHDA.kext so I could boot normally ?

In att. you will find my ioreg, dsdt and error pic.

Thanks

"-f" ignores kext caches when booting so try repair permissions + rebuild cache for S/L/E and Extra using Kext Wizard etc. Hope this solve your problem

You cannot use HDAEnabler with dsdt/ssdt injection; one or the other; both results in no audio.  Reply with new IOReg with audio id injection method noted.

Sound assertion does not hang/stop boot.  Boot flag -f is solving a different problem, likely graphics.

"-f" ignores kext caches when booting so try repair permissions + rebuild cache for S/L/E and Extra using Kext Wizard etc. Hope this solve your problem

Yes, I choose from menu "Boot Ignore Caches"..... and everything goes well, I tried to repair permissions and still is the same, I'll try to rebuild cache for Extension folders, but still I think that problem is somewhere in the DSDT.  Thanks :)

I tried to rebuild cache for S/L/E and Extra folder with Kext Wizard but still can't pass fallowing message when I boot in verbose mode...

Motherboard Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3, sound codec alc887, 3 ports. 

With appleHDA.kext patched for 10.9.1 version and all the layout id's (if i'm not mistaken mine is 2, but I've tried all off them) injected with HDAEnabler, sound devices are not detected.

While loading there is a sound assertion at line 352.

Thank you.

I am unfortunately back on weekends from my business trip , then I'll make a test, in the hope that a great programmer will be right, that his Idea is to operate the internal sound card on AMD motherboards with AppleHDA.kext. I am very excited about Saturday when I'll take the test .Should I succeed at, so I'll post with the consent of the result list here. ??

I love you toleda! :-D

I finally got everything working on 10.9.1.  My 888_v100001 (ALC888s) works like a champ.

I followed your ALC888 guide (patched my DSDT with HDEF and layout-id=1), and patched AppleHDA (with the "alternate Platforms.xml.zlib").

I also downloaded Legacy_ALCxxx from http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=87789 and copied ALC888.kext into /Extra/Extensions.

My sound works :-D

I also downloaded Legacy_ALCxxx from http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=87789 and copied ALC888.kext into /Extra/Extensions.

No idea why you installed Legacy.  The current AppleHDA uses xml files rather than plists (Legacy).  Installing Legacy in Extra says it is not in kernal cache meaning it won't load during regular boot. If there was a problem without it, attach an IOReg.  

Thanks toleda, after further testing, I found there is a hardware issue with the motherboard (no audio even under windows) and sent it back to ASUS for exchange, I'll try recommend mehtond again with replacement, probably with SSDT injection method. Quick question with SSDT method, on the instruction it stats that if I already have a SSDT file present, I'll just need to use supplied SSDT-1.aml and add "<key>DropSSDT</key> <string>Yes</string>" in to my org.chameleon.boot.plist, but do I need to do anything with this line:"<key>SSDT</key> <string>Yes</string>" ?

I tried to rebuild cache for S/L/E and Extra folder with Kext Wizard but still can't pass fallowing message when I boot in verbose mode...

How about not to use DSDT in the boot.plist and then try to boot in normal mode?

Hey toleda, i´ve tried your guide to getting my alc888s-vd sound working but no success. i´ve edited my dstd and patching the applehda.kext.
My system: osx 10.9.1, mainboard: ga-p55-ud3, Graphics: ATI5750, CPU: core i5 750

I also tried multibaest with dstd and alc888 ... all tries left in no success. i hope you can help me getting this work. See my attached ioreg and other maybe helpful diag-hints for further details. I dont want to use Voodoo but at the moment for me its the only straw to clutch getting my sound working.

sound_problems.zip

Edited by butterbrot1

i´ve tried your guide to getting my alc888s-vd sound working but no success. i´ve edited my dstd and patching the applehda.kext.

IOReg shows the phantom codec (HDEF/AppleHDAController/IOHDACodecDevice@18,3), disables onboard audio.  No known fix.  

• 2 weeks later...

v1.2 - 1/23/14 - Realtek ALC AppleHDA Support kext Solution

The Realtek ALC AppleHDA Support kext, installed with the native AppleHDA.kext, enables full ALC onboard, HDMI and DP audio.  The ALC Support kext provides pin configuration, layout and pathmap injection.  See Post #1.

Hello toleda, I think you're the guru that can point me right direction.

My codec is not one of your supported ones but I believe you might know the solution.

I have an ALC269VC and I've already successfully activated the built-in speakers and headphones by patching the binary (dcc9's script), loading modified (by someone else) layout-1.xml and Platforms.xml and changing ConfigData in AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver. The ConfigData I got from the Modified verbs extracted by verbit from the Linux codec dump. However the built-in microphone is still not working. I've also tried to load the verbs extracted from Windows registry, which are exactly the same as the "Original verbs" extracted by verbit, but then I lose audio on the built-in speakers...

I have no idea about how are layout-1.xml and Platforms.xml modified, the solution for my problem might be there. Do you think so? Any other suggestions?

Thank you very much!

Im using rampagedev's SSDT to inject layout 1 ID HDEF. After i run your patch, the audio works, but soon becomes totally degraded and all quality is lost till there is just a brrrrrr brrrr sound when i play music. A temporary fix is to change the sampling frequency in Midi Control, but the problem soon comes back, im talking from minutes to seconds. After 15minutes the audio is fully degraded and i have to reboot. 

Any ideas why this is happening? Audio is fine in Windows.