Mavericks Realtek ALC AppleHDA Audio

toleda

470 posts in this topic

Hallo,

ALC888 on Zotac Mini-ITX C-E with Mavericks 10.9.2

Core i3-540, nVidia GT 430 with HDMI (which works, but not using it now)

All outputs works welI but cannot get SPDIF to work.  

Using Clover - tried both methods of patching, but no luck.

Can you please check this out for me, thanks.

All outputs works welI but cannot get SPDIF to work.  

Using Clover - tried both methods of patching, but no luck.

Audio is working.  Clover patches are not necessary.  If you do not have a red light on the Optical port, you have a hardware problem.

I may be beating a dead horse, I apologize if I am.  I have a 892 chipset with Gigabyte H77N-WIFI MB and with the AppleHDA 2.6 I have no audio output.  Not the 'wake from sleep issue'; just simply no audio at all. There is no audio output source that is selectable.  I'm willing to help debug the issue, let me know if I can help out.

I'm willing to help debug the issue, let me know if I can help out.

See Post #1, two choices:

1. More Information/4. M-Realtek ALC AppleHDA No Audio.pdf

2. Problem Reporting, reply with files requested

Thanks Toleda.  I was gathering the required debug information and decided to re-apply your patch directly (I had previously used a different tool) and sure enough, works like a champ.  Looks like the latest different tool is shipping with a bad patch job.  I have alerted them of the problem.  

Thanks again for all your work on this, it is very helpful.

Thanks Toleda.  I was gathering the required debug information and decided to re-apply your patch directly (I had previously used a different tool) and sure enough, works like a champ.  Looks like the latest different tool is shipping with a bad patch job.  I have alerted them of the problem.  

And now I have the wake from sleep problem, c'est la vie. 

Has anyone reported yet that with PM enabled on LGA 2011 boards there is Audio popping?

No.

And now I have the wake from sleep problem, c'est la vie. 

Try same procedure on the native 10.9/10.9.1 AppleHDA.kext.

Apologies about my last posts, was restoring back to 9.1 to try again. Turns out my DSDT edits were old and the slight changes in the patch cause my audio not to work. Updated both the hdef and gfx0/hdau in my dsdt and have sound working in 10.9.2. Have tried both the helper kext and patching the hda, both worked, next up is to convert my chameleon to clover so I don't have to touch anything in the future.. I tried searching and nothing came up, but is it a known bug that when you restart you lose the selected output back to int. speaker? If so any work arounds? Thanks

EP45-UD3R rev 1.1 F12, alc885
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bll8m9f34hz4hlk/G3iS_yVxAQ?m=

I cant manage to make it work.Tried many times but no other devices other than hdmi.

This is new; the 887 codec and the HD4000 HDMI codecs are not visible.  Is HD Audio and IGPU HD Audio enabled in the BIOS?  Where is the 887 AppleHDA.kext installed?

Download, install and run http://sourceforge.net/projects/dpcimanager/. Reply with a DPCIManager/Status screenshot.

This is new; the 887 codec and the HD4000 HDMI codecs are not visible.  Is HD Audio and IGPU HD Audio enabled in the BIOS?  Where is the 887 AppleHDA.kext installed?

Download, install and run http://sourceforge.net/projects/dpcimanager/. Reply with a DPCIManager/Status screenshot.

Everything in Bios is enabled IGPU and of cource Audio.

AppleHDA is located at /S/L/E.

I also was under the impression that hdmi sound would only need a dsdt fix (as applied) and native appleHda but that was not the case here.

Hdmi was enabled only after i patched appleHda but that was it no onboard 887 only hdmi.

By the way i had all sound devices appearing in DPCIManager when installed VoodooHda.(Removed it later on along with AppleHdaDisabler).

screenshot.tiff

By the way i had all sound devices appearing in DPCIManager when installed VoodooHda.(Removed it later on along with AppleHdaDisabler).

It only matters that it works with Voodoo when you want to use Voodoo.   With and without Voodoo, AppleHDA is disabled.  If you don't see the codecs in DPCIManager with AppleHDA, there is no chance for onboard audio. Suggest a clean install.

• 2 weeks later...

I have ALC888S and need 5.1 sound and the Mic audio working. Can someone help me create the kext? I can install it using myHack.

Same codec here, I used audio_alc888-91_patch (on 10.9.1) and sound work now but the volume really feels low, any solution guys?

Thanks