Mavericks Realtek ALC AppleHDA Audio

toleda

470 posts in this topic

I'm only do with your patch command.. and set layout 2 in clover, with previous applehda from 10.9.1 no problem with all method (your method, pikeralpha style)

I understand completely the method.  Describe the experiment you used to confirm sound working before sleep and to confirm sound not working after wake.

hi toleda i don't understand what u called "experiment" .. maybe I miss perception cause my english isn't good :(  .. but after you say about experiment I make some experiment:

1. pure with your method ... patch command + 887 source form github +inject layout 2 at config.plist

2. pikeralpha style + 887 github (your source)

3. 887 source + kexts to patch (clover) + pike script (new style I) + inject HDA config driver in fakesmc

everything fine .. before sleep.. but after wake up the sound didn't show up

FYI: my hackintosh used clover uefi

hi toleda i don't understand what u called "experiment" .. 

I am using experiment to mean test.

How did you test for sound before sleep (app, audio device, connection, etc.)?

How did you test for sound after wake?

Hi toleda!

How are you? I hope that it's everything OK!

I've just switched my old Gigabyte P67A-D3-B3 with ALC889 for an new (old) Asus P8Z77-V LK
with ALC892...

I've followed your guide and is everything working almost perfect, but, I'm running
into an weird issue...

After some time listening to music or watching an video, the audio begins to produce
some noises, then crackles till something almost inaudible and indistinguishable...

This is an clean OS X installation, but I have to be honest that I've recovered some data
from my Time Machine backup, that was only "users" files, but I know that some other
things may come together...

Here are the needed info;

Audio Issue: Noises and Crackles after about 20min of continuous audio usage.
OS X Version: 10.9.2
Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V LK
BIOS Version: 1001
Processor: Core i5-2300 Sandy Bridge
Graphics: nVidia Zotac 250GTS
Procedure: Clover + Vanilla AppleHDA + Support Kext
AppleHDA Version: 9.1.1a10
DSDT: Custom DSDT fixed errors/warnings/optimizations + Clover Automatic DSDT Fixes + LayoutID=1 > http://d.pr/f/UWns
SSDT: Custom SSDT for CPUPM > http://d.pr/f/Qeeo
IOReg: http://d.pr/f/PI6C
Console: No Sound Assertions or Audio related messages during the issue
Screen Shot: http://d.pr/i/OrYJ

LayoutID=1, as I've already mentioned above, give me an working audio 90% of the time,
LayoutID=3 give me no audio at all...

I'll make a try using an Patched AppleHDA instead of Support kext to check if the issue
persists...

Thanks!

EDIT

I've just tried using the Patch-in-Place method but unfortunately still the same...

Additional files...

Last login: Sun Mar  2 10:34:50 on ttys000
kyndder:~ kyndder$ /Users/kyndder/Downloads/audio_ALC892-master/audio_alc892-92_patch.command ; exit;
Prepare Desktop/audio_ALC892 ...
Archive:  892.zip
   creating: 892/
  inflating: 892/Info-84.plist       
  inflating: 892/Info-85.plist       
  inflating: 892/Info-90.plist       
  inflating: 892/Info-91.plist       
  inflating: 892/Info-92.plist       
  inflating: 892/Info.plist          
 extracting: 892/layout1.xml.zlib    
 extracting: 892/layout2.xml.zlib    
 extracting: 892/layout3.xml.zlib    
  inflating: 892/Platforms.xml.zlib  
Install files ...
Password:
Patch binary ...
Fix permissions ...
Kernel cache...
Finished, restart required.
logout

[Process completed]

IOReg Patch-in-Place: http://d.pr/f/wJmN

I was reviewing the system, when, looking to AICPUPMI, I took a tremendous shock!

AICPUPMI: CPU Low Frequency Mode.............: 1600 MHz
AICPUPMI: CPU Maximum non-Turbo Frequency....: 2800 MHz
AICPUPMI: CPU Maximum Turbo Frequency........: 6300 MHz ----> ??????

:wallbash:

So, nothing related to any method... That was only me who probably changed some BIOS settings

mistakenly...

Going back to the defaults and reconfiguring the BIOS, the settings are correct now...

AICPUPMI: CPU Low Frequency Mode.............: 1600 MHz
AICPUPMI: CPU Maximum non-Turbo Frequency....: 2800 MHz
AICPUPMI: CPU Maximum Turbo Frequency........: 3100 MHz

And also, no more Audio issues...

Sorry!  :angel_not:

Ops.. sorry..., test with playing game (CSR ) .. till the gas empty :D ...  idle .. until machine sleep it self. ..., after wake play game, audio device ..  sound didn't show up

The IORegs don't show any non systems audio apps running or any audio device active either before sleep or after wake. 

you said there's a workaround for ac97 to go HD Audio? 

Only work around is to separate Front green from Rear, significant kext surgery and an output device has to be removed.

and this my ioreg dump attachicon.gifalc887_ioreg.zip

Trying to figure out what is playing, is it Vox or Airplay?  Firefox disappeared?

I'm pretty sure the audio not working after sleep is from Google Chrome. My audio is fine after sleep unless I start Google Chome. Then it goes away. I can still see the output devices but sound doesn't work at all.

Weird... I disabled my anti pop and it seemed to be working fine, then I opened Chrome and it immediately stopped working! :(

Update1: quit chrome and the sound came back, re opened chrome and sound stayed okay, I'm super confused...

i just installed 10.9.2 and got my ALC892 onboard audio chip working using this method. (HDAEnabler.kext + modified applehda.kext)

Btw thanks for the work!

I only have one problem at the moment. For online gaming i have a headset connected to my front audio jacks all the time, in windows i use a small app to switch between the default output device and it works fine this way (switch betwenn headphones and rear speakers). This doesnt seem to work with osx at the moment. Sound works fine from speaker put there is no audio at all if i select the other output device, when i disconnect the headphones the audio plays fine through my speakers. but i cant get it to work with the headphones still connected.

Any idea?

i disconnect the headphones the audio plays fine through my speakers. but i cant get it to work with the headphones still connected.

Any idea?

Native by design. You can separate the front green from the rear green with kext surgery, it will cost an output audio device as well. See More Information/2. M-Realtek ALC AppleHDA Customization.pdf, Mavericks Realtek ALC AppleHDA Audio  Use the link to the repo.

Update1: quit chrome and the sound came back, re opened chrome and sound stayed okay, I'm super confused...

Chrome is not behaving in Mavericks, one of several issues.  Test a different browser.

Native by design. You can separate the front green from the rear green with kext surgery, it will cost an output audio device as well. See More Information/2. M-Realtek ALC AppleHDA Customization.pdf, Mavericks Realtek ALC AppleHDA Audio  Use the link to the repo.

thanks, i tried the method discribed in the pdf but it didnt work.. maybe i messed up (used Plistedit pro) but i also had one problem with your instructions.

3. Manual Internal Speaker and Headphone Selection - Displays both Internal Speaker and Headphones audio output devices. Note: An existing audio output device must be deleted to add Headphones as an audio output device. See Procedure 10.

all the steps for the ALC 892 seem to be correct, atleast everything went exactly as described in the pdf. But at the beginning it said that an existing audio device must be deleted (see procedure 10) but where is procedure 10?

Hi Toleda, 

thanks to reply me in other thread and sorry for confusion.

i made it, and i have no sound, i use ioreg to see if i have same think it's ok 

in hdmi post (sorry for confusion)

I'm download audio_alc898-91_patch.command (because i'm try to run mavericks 10.9.1)

then, a file in coming in desk

i open it

use kext Helper B7 to inject AppleHDA.kext > no do that ok i understand

restart

is i missing something ?