Mavericks Realtek ALC AppleHDA Audio

toleda

470 posts in this topic

Im using rampagedev's SSDT to inject layout 1 ID HDEF. After i run your patch, the audio works, but soon becomes totally degraded and all quality is lost till there is just a brrrrrr brrrr sound when i play music. A temporary fix is to change the sampling frequency in Midi Control, but the problem soon comes back, im talking from minutes to seconds. After 15minutes the audio is fully degraded and i have to reboot. 

Any ideas why this is happening? Audio is fine in Windows.

What is your codec? I've heard of that happening only with 269 or 665. If that's the case, you can try CodecCommander. Works for me. Good luck!

I have P9X79 Pro, which uses ALC 898 codec. The voodoohda seems more reliable but ultimately suffers similar problems, and also is very quiet, and static hiss in the background.

Edit i think the problem is related to flash player in chrome, seems to be fixed, i disabled the flash plugin/s (there was 2 =S) then went to adobe site and DL'd a new version. Once installed i enabled the version of flash which was not present previously, now seems to be fine. iTunes is fine. The weird thing is, the corruption from chrome causes system wide audio distortion.

the built-in microphone is still not working.

I have no idea about how are layout-1.xml and Platforms.xml modified, 

It is likely the internal mic is a different node.  Codecgraph/codec_dump.txt (Mic/Fixed) will indicate the node.  If it is different, the Platforms/pathmap and ConfigData/pinconfigs have to change.

i think the problem is related to flash player in chrome, seems to be fixed, 

Confirmed.

It is likely the internal mic is a different node.  Codecgraph/codec_dump.txt (Mic/Fixed) will indicate the node.  If it is different, the Platforms/pathmap and ConfigData/pinconfigs have to change.

That's why I wanted to learn how to edit the whole Platforms file by myself, I have no idea what should be changed. I got Node 0x19 for Fixed Mic from codec dump. Now in Platforms, if I search for Pathmaps, there are only "Amp" keys inside of it, no Mic... And if I search for Mic, there aren't any Node/NodeID keys around. So where should I put the 0x19 information? Thank you!

Thanks, I'm getting closer :)

So, the only PathMapID inside layout-1 is 269. Then I searched for this PathMapID on Platforms and also found only 1. In the whole <dict> block which ends up having its PathMapID defined as 269, there's no NodeID = 25. There are many others though. I believe one of them should be edited to 25, but how can I know which?

Hello toleda,

​My rig consists of :
ASUS P9X79 Pro mobo.
intel i7 core 4 3820 CPU
nVidia GTX GeForce GTX 780 GPU
OS X Mavericks 10.9.1

I used your "audio_alc898-91_patch.command" script to patch AppleHDA.kext, then installed HDAEnabler1.kext.
Audio is working now, thanks for your effort on this. I can play system sounds, mp3's, and video with audio through speakers attached to rear (green) line-out.
However, I have a problem with the rear (blue) line-in. When I play audio in via that socket the input level meter in "Sound prefs" correctly reflects the audio stream levels but I still get no audio from the speakers. This same line-in works fine under Windows and linux.

Attached are the info's you need. (I've also included a codec dump taken under linux). Hope you can provide a solution.

Thanks in advance !

ASUS_P9X79_Pro.zip

When I play audio in via that socket the input level meter in "Sound prefs" correctly reflects the audio stream levels but I still get no audio from the speakers.

OS X does not support audio in to audio out. See Post #1, Optional Installs, 2. Connect Audio Input to Audio Output.

Your IOReg is corrupt, see Post #1, Tools

• Like 1

OS X does not support audio in to audio out. See Post #1, Optional Installs, 2. Connect Audio Input to Audio Output.

Your IOReg is corrupt, see Post #1, Tools

toleda, thank you for your fast response. Sorry, I wasn't aware of the audio-in to audio-out limitation in OS X so did not grasp the importance of the optional installs. (should have read post #1 more thoroughly). The LineIn app did the trick and I am now a happy bunny. Thank you for enlightening me !

Also, I was using IOReg v3.0.2 which, it seems, creates .ioreg files that are incompatible with v2.1.  Is this why you recommend v2.1 (so that any .ioreg files posted here are in the same format),  or is there a bug in the later version ?

Anyway, thanks once again for your help. Much appreciated. 

Also, I was using IOReg v3.0.2 which, it seems, creates .ioreg files that are incompatible with v2.1.  Is this why you recommend v2.1 (so that any .ioreg files posted here are in the same format),  or is there a bug in the later version ?

IOReg, any version 3 to date, cannot open any IOReg file even files it created.  Last working version is 2.1. Amazing, 18 months and still not fixed.

IOReg, any version 3 to date, cannot open any IOReg file even files it created.  Last working version is 2.1. Amazing, 18 months and still not fixed.

Hmm, I get different results. I now have both v3.0.2(14) and v2.1(2.1).

I found that v3 will open .ioreg files created by itself, or those created by v2. The v2 will open files created by itself but not v3, so, on the face of it,  it would appear that v3 is backwards compatible with v2. ??

I found that v3 will open .ioreg files created by itself, or those created by v2. 

Finally fixed.  Of course Xcode is free, however, the hardware_io_tools_for_xcode download requires a developer account. IOReg_v2.1 is free.

• Like 1

Hi toleda, sorry to distrub.. just confirm; I'm trying to update AppleHDA 2.6.0a13 with your patched (Alc887) everything is ok before sleep.. but after sleep no sound, agains try with pike scripts applehdaloader+clover .. but same problem sound didn't show up after sleep... any solution for that except rolling back with previous applehda .. thanks

Hi toleda, sorry to distrub.. just confirm; I'm trying to update AppleHDA 2.6.0a13 with your patched (Alc887) everything is ok before sleep.. but after sleep no sound, agains try with pike scripts applehdaloader+clover .. but same problem sound didn't show up after sleep... any solution for that except rolling back with previous applehda .. thanks

Not surprising for an unreleased kext.  887 functionality is exactly the same regardless of the patch script.  Use the current released version.  I post after the official release.

Any plans to support ALC2xx?

I only support codecs I own; I don't have ALC2xx.  

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...