Mavericks Realtek ALC AppleHDA Audio

toleda

470 posts in this topic

but where is procedure 10?

It is in the pdf, 10. 2x HD3000/HD4000 HDMI Audio/Delete Audio Output Device

is i missing something ?

Attach S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext and IOReg.

In my case it seems like after waking from sleep, sound works but will stop shortly after. If I wait long enough it eventually comes back.

I do not see 10.9.2 no audio after wake problems with 6 series/892, 7 series/898 or 8 series/1150.

I did all the steps correctly of the Clover Method and i am having working audio too with the native AppleHDA. Then i Configured the "Audio MIDI Setup" for creating the "Aggregate Device" for the 6-Channel (5.1) output, but there's no audio from the centre/subwoofer and the rear speakers.

Please help.

It is in the pdf, 10. 2x HD3000/HD4000 HDMI Audio/Delete Audio Output Device

Found it, it was 9. in my pdf, maybe old version online at https://github.com/toleda/audio_ALCInjection

well im still stuck, i tried this now several times and always end up with headphones working, speaker only if headphones unplugged, Front Mic Port not working.

I used your pdf and did exactly the steps detailed in 3. Manual Internal Speaker and Headphone Selection and 9. 2x HD3K/HD4K HDMI Audio/Delete Audio Output Device.

I deleted item 4 (blackport) or in my case this would be item 5 because i duplicated another item right?

Then searched for every hex string and replaced all those in the info.plist of the HardwareConfigDriver.kext (8-9 if i remember correctly).

Put everything back together and installed it using Kext Utility.

After the manually patched kext i end up with this:

Output Devices: Headphones, Headphones, Line-Out, Digital Out

Input Devices: Line-In, internal Mic

The first headphones device works fine, all other dont (didnt tried optical out). both mic ports dont work as well (worked beforce manual patch).

When i unplug my headphones the first headphone device turns into internal speaker and the speaker works fine as well.

My stereo speakers are connected to the rear green port.

My headphones+mic are connected to the internal/front  ports.

Can someone help me here? im really stuck and dont know what else to try.

but there's no audio from the centre/subwoofer and the rear speakers.

5.1 sound only works when the source/player are 5.1. Stereo only plays on front/green speakers.  If you want all channel stereo for 2 channel sources, configure a Multi-Output Aggregate device in Audio MIDI Setup.  See M-Realtek_ALC_AppleHDA_Screenshots.pdf in toleda/audio_ALCInjection.

After the manually patched kext i end up with this:

Output Devices: Headphones, Headphones, Line-Out, Digital Out

Pathmap is wrong.  1. Edit Platforms.xml, step 6 was not done correctly.

Pathmap is wrong.  1. Edit Platforms.xml, step 6 was not done correctly.

Ok tried it again, but with the same results as before. :(

I did exactly whats described in the pdf. checked everything twice but still same result. Two Headphones as Devices, one works and switches to internal speaker if headphones unplugged. Front Mic not working anymore.

Can someone try this for me? I dont know what else to try....

Its in ALC892, Audio_ID-1, PathMapID 892. Using a modified 10.9.2 AppleHDA.kext patched using this. Black Audio Port or Digital could be removed as substitute.

I have modifie extension file *.ioreg > *.rar, it's not a real rar file

OS X compresses files natively: Finder/File/Compress

Your dsdt has no HDEF, see Post #1, 4. Audio_ID Injection

Edit the dsdt to add HDEF or use the kext enabler.

I'm currently running CloverALC on an 898 (Z87X-UD4H). I've got no issues other than the following exception:

After waking the computer, if I plug in my headphones in the front panel they are not detected, and sound still plays through the speakers. Restarting fixes the issue, and they will work as intended (plug in headphones to front audio, and output will switch to front audio. If I unplug, output returns to speakers).

Is this a known issue?

i'm lost . .  . sorry for my not understand, i look your guide : https://github.com/toleda/audio_ALCInjection and sorry , i'm so lost or may be could you post a video youtube to explain how do with ALC898 editing file? 

There is no problem with the ALC898 AppleHDA.kext.  See Post #184; two choices, pick one.

Is this a known issue?

No.  10.9.2 wake issues usually manifest as no audio.  There is an 8 Series headphone pin detect sensitivity problem, however, that occurs without a headphone plugged in.  Only suggestion is use a previous version that performs as you expect.

i'm using kext enabler :

1 - download : audio_ALCInjection-master : toleda/audio_ALCInjection

2 - open [Guide]-Add_HDEF-kext.pdf

3 - audio_kext_enabler/HDAEnabler1.kext.zip at master · toleda/audio_kext_enabler 

4 - i run kext wizard

5 - install : HDAEnabler1.kext

6 - enter root password

7 - reboot

8 - open ioreg file

9 - search HDEF

10 - no sound

excuse me when i attach file, i forget i was format my system and forget to put again kext enabler again

Ok tried it again, but with the same results as before. :(

I did exactly whats described in the pdf. checked everything twice but still same result. Two Headphones as Devices, one works and switches to internal speaker if headphones unplugged. Front Mic not working anymore.

Can someone try this for me? I dont know what else to try....

Its in ALC892, Audio_ID-1, PathMapID 892. Using a modified 10.9.2 AppleHDA.kext patched using this. Black Audio Port or Digital could be removed as substitute.

Ok i now tried to use the xcode plist edtior but still the same results:

only Speaker output with headphones unplugged, no front mic anymore.

Can some help me out?

Useless to post a problem and not attach files you changed.

Attach the edited platforms.xml and info.plist files.

sorry, you are right ;)

the attached zip contains:

- Info.plist_patched (AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext) - modified, Black-Lineout removed as substitude

- Platforms.xml_patched (AppleHDA.kext/Resources) - infalted and modified to have manual selection Front/Rear Audio, Black Lineout removed

- Info.plist_orig (AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext) - original from auto patched AppleHDA

- Platforms.xml.zlib_orig - original from auto patched AppleHDA

With the autopatched version everyhtings works fine, but i really need to select Front/Headphones and Rear Lineout manually, atm

it only works with unplugging the headphones.

After the manual patch it just adds another headphone device as output option but not functional, default (rear Green) Lineout still only works

if i unplug my headphones from the front Audio Ports. Also my Front Mic Port wont work anymore after the manual patch.

after getting stuck with the ports reconfiguration on osx i found a work arround, using front output and rear black output on OSX and then remapping the main lineout on windows to the black port. This works for now because i only have stereo speakers, but i would love to figure it out on OSX so i can use surround sound in the future :)

ALC892_modified-originals.zip

After the manual patch it just adds another headphone device as output option but not functional, default (rear Green) Lineout still only works

if i unplug my headphones from the front Audio Ports. Also my Front Mic Port wont work anymore after the manual patch.

The edits are wrong.  You split the inputs and deleted front mic.  Did not split the outputs, however, added a 2nd headphone.  Exactly what you see in System Preferences.  Best to start over.  

Do not touch NodeIDs 24, 25 and 26.  Split NodeIDs 20 and 27, modify 27/38/37.  If you are interested in 5.1, don't delete NodeID 21, delete NodeID 30.

Thanks for the info...

strange, edited it exactly like its described in the pdf, well as far as i can tell.

Could you send me the correctly modified Platforms.xml (digital audio removed) as reference? i want to really understand what i did wrong...

strange, edited it exactly like its described in the pdf, well as far as i can tell.

Could you send me the correctly modified Platforms.xml (digital audio removed) as reference? i want to really understand what i did wrong...

With yours, open PathMap, see Item 0 has 1 item, wrong; untouched, shows 2 items. Item 2 is opposite of what it should be.

Screenshot of correct edits (ignore amp configuration)

post-618506-0-27951900-1394915507_thumb.png