ASUS Sabertooth X79 - Ivy Bridge-E - 4930k

mr. west

220 posts in this topic

New 10.9.2 beta came out with 13.1 kernel, which needs no alteration. I'm also able now to use FakeSMC plugins for sensors and stuff -- they used to give me kernel panic.  So that is good.  I still can't get speedstep to work.  ANy luck folks?

I have the ground work laid out for Power Management. I have a working SMBIOS with Serial Number and can log into everything as well. Have the Apple Plugin that is key for Power Management loaded and when I add a supplied SSDT that I create the plugin registers it. However no changes. I still need to get a Darwin Dump and a IOreg from the new Mac Pro but I have a good start. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm able to get booted using a similar setup with a 4930K, however once I do I'm running into some weird graphical/UI issues. I don't think it's my graphics card as I've tried two different ones (nVidia and AMD) and see the same thing, and this same graphics card can work in my old Hackintosh fine. All the details are here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/294943-extremely-slow-graphical-performance-4930k-ivy-bridge-e-related/

Thanks for anyone who has a clue what might be going on here...

First edit and install VoodooTscSync.kext to allow you to remove cpus=1 (i.e. don't boot with that)

Also run myHack->myFix to remove some unneeded kexts that can slow down the GUI.

Completely unrelated and never run myFix on a LGA 2011 system. There is a bug. 

Hi I've got my hackintosh up running 10.9.1 with these specs:

Asus Sabertooth X79

Intel Core i7 4930K

nVidia GTX760

Everthing works fine apart from the audio wich is currently giving me no hope to get it going. I've tried with various ALC892 patch for AppleHDA.kext or VoooDoHDA v2.7.3 and non of them seems work. Does anybody have any hint/s or solution/s to this issues? If you were able to have audio running, what method did you use?

PS: I'm happy to answer questions if you are having trouble to get your os x installed on the same specs

Completely unrelated and never run myFix on a LGA 2011 system. There is a bug. 

I didn't know.

When I first got my system up and running my graphics system was ridiculously slow until I ran myFix which removed several kexts that appeared to be the cause of the GUI problem. (non GUI benchmarks were fine). In any case it solved the graphics issues for me.

Hi I've got my hackintosh up running 10.9.1 with these specs:

Asus Sabertooth X79

Intel Core i7 4930K

nVidia GTX760

Everthing works fine apart from the audio wich is currently giving me no hope to get it going. I've tried with various ALC892 patch for AppleHDA.kext or VoooDoHDA v2.7.3 and non of them seems work. Does anybody have any hint/s or solution/s to this issues? If you were able to have audio running, what method did you use?

PS: I'm happy to answer questions if you are having trouble to get your os x installed on the same specs

Use my DMG for post install and you will realize how simple it is to enable onboard audio. 

• 2 weeks later...

Only processor multiplier was set to 44 - no others overcklocking settings.  CPU is  now 4.5 GHz.

Power management works great and multiplier switch from 12 x in idle  (14,18, 32, 34, 35 , 39 ) to 44 x in

max stress. Sleep, speedstep works too.

J tested  this configuration on new FinalCutPro X 10.1 and  Compressor  . 3 hours Video AVCHD project 

was converted to H.264 BluRay  about 1 hour 40 minutes. Computer is very stable.

My config:  Sabertooth X79 , CPU i7-4930K, 16GB 1886 MHz DDR3 , GTX 680 , CPU cooler Macho 140 .

No others coolers but later J connect two case coolers.

J tested 45 nad 46 multiplier and get higher Geekbench but J get something freeze - that will be safe to

leave 44. 

One little problem is HWMonitor - that not detect CPU temperatures only processor heatsink. But in max stress

CPU cooler is only softly warm . J think that CPU temperatures not exceed 70 C.

All others hardware like USB 3, audio, GTX  card works perfect.

No edit SSDT . What is important -  model definition must be exactly MacPro 3.1 for example on MacPro 6.1

PM dont work. And of course latest OS X 10.9.2 build 13c44.

J upgrade motherboard BIOS to version 4608. 

Hi guys.amazimg work! .been sitting on fence for a while..finally about to get sabretooth x79 and 4930k..and a gtx card .

been a while since I built and installed a hackintosh. .is there a walk through anywhere to help with this particular setup..? And glad to see pm finally working.. Thanks in advance

dave

hi guys, having troubles getting 10.9 running in my Asus RIVE - 4930K - GTX 770 ...
Actually I THINK my mavericks is installed on my ssd, and i got to boot to it once, but never again.

I'm trying to boot on a new MyHack 10.9 usb drive to see if I can get to install again.
But my mavericks on ssd stops at "Still waiting for root device" and I tried all kind of kexts and stuff I tried from web.

If you think of something ;)
Thanks

Hi,

Im having trouble installing Mavericks(10.9.1) on my machine(sabertooth, 4930, 64gb ram, gtx 680). 

What I've done so far:

- Downloaded Mavericks(10.9.1) trough App Store.

- Downloaded MyHack and installed the installer on a flash drive.

- Replaced the mach_kernel on the flash drive trough Terminal. 

- Disconnected all hardware from my machine(except mouse, keyboard and ssd).

- Plugged the flash drive and tried to booth with: -v -f GraphicsEnabler=No cpus=1 npci=0x2000 

After this the computer hangs for a while on a grey screen, than it goes black...hangs there for 1 minute, it asks for my language, after I select it I get "The OSx Installation Couldn't be Completed" and it freezes there. 

Im sure Im doing something stupid but no idea what. Can someone help me? Do I need to do something on the bios?

THANKS!