ASUS Sabertooth X79 - Ivy Bridge-E - 4930k

mr. west

220 posts in this topic

iMessage and iCloud problem:

1. I tried rampage's guide

2. Modified MLB and ROM in the NVRAM

3. Ethernet En0 and delete networkconfig. plist

4. Add smBios with a working serial number (Mac Pro 3,1)

5. My iMessage and iCloud worked in my previous Mavericks install I logged out and then it was impossible to log in. I reinstall and now is impossible to make it work

Something bizarre if I open the iMessage_debug I have this info and shows for 5 results as failed ( http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/285102-imessage-not-working-icloudinternet-etc-working-changed-bootplist-file-and-networkplist-file-help/?p=1883146 )

2013-11-04 16:14:12.544 imessage_debug[402:507] Gq3489ugfi: failed

2013-11-04 16:14:12.545 imessage_debug[402:507] Fyp98tpgj: failed

2013-11-04 16:14:12.545 imessage_debug[402:507] kbjfrfpoJU: failed

2013-11-04 16:14:12.546 imessage_debug[402:507] IOPlatformSerialNumber: CK909025XYL

2013-11-04 16:14:12.546 imessage_debug[402:507] IOPlatformUUID: 0E1B36C9-FDE2-5131-9040-4F532976F0AF

2013-11-04 16:14:12.547 imessage_debug[402:507] board-id: Mac-F42C88C8

2013-11-04 16:14:12.547 imessage_debug[402:507] product-name: MacPro3,1

2013-11-04 16:14:12.547 imessage_debug[402:507] 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14:ROM: <(my mac address)>

2013-11-04 16:14:12.548 imessage_debug[402:507] 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14:MLB: CK909025XYL123456

2013-11-04 16:14:12.548 imessage_debug[402:507] oycqAZloTNDm: failed

2013-11-04 16:14:12.548 imessage_debug[402:507] abKPld1EcMni: failed

I have a sabertooth x79, i7 4930k 

iMessage works for you guys?

Thanks

IMESSAGE AND ICLOUD FIXED: The second version of the kernel patch generates this problem. As soon as I rollback to the first version made by Stinga11 iCloud and iMessage was able to log in.

Hey Guys I made a new version of kernel compiled with source code provided by apple.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/163-109-ivy-bridge-e-lapic-fix-kernel/

Hi Stinga11 could you please take a look at this issue? I couldn't sign in in iMessage and iCloud.  There is something that you changed in the second version that is messing up iMessage and iCloud sign in functionality. Thanks!

No compiled kernel can enable iCloud services (such as iMessage). If you were able to use them before (i don't see how, unless you've been using a system cloned from a working one), what happened is that your token expired after a while and now you cannot sign back in because of the compiled kernel.

All the best!

No compiled kernel can enable iCloud services (such as iMessage). If you were able to use them before (i don't see how, unless you've been using a system cloned from a working one), what happened is that your token expired after a while and now you cannot sign back in because of the compiled kernel.

All the best!

Now I remember that the kernel that I used in my previous install was the first version of the kernel patched. I had a Maverick install with imessage and iCloud working when Stinga11 provide us the second version. After a few days of replacing the kernel, I realized that iMessage was not working properly. It's when I decided to log out from iMessage and I couldn't login again. For whatever reason, i didn't connect the issue with the new version of the kernel patch. it's only after I reinstalled with the 2nd version of the kernel and i tried multiple solutions spending a LOT of time testing, that I figured out that it could be related to the kernel.

I don't have any failed statement in my iMessage debug in this moment. I hope Stinga11 will be able to verify this issue or we will need to wait until the mac pro release.

IMESSAGE AND ICLOUD FIXED: The second version of the kernel patch generates this problem. As soon as I rollback to the first version made by Stinga11 iCloud and iMessage was able to log in.

Hi Stinga11 could you please take a look at this issue? I couldn't sign in in iMessage and iCloud.  There is something that you changed in the second version that is messing up iMessage and iCloud sign in functionality. Thanks!

Man, for Icloud you need use the first kernel because is the vanilla kernel patched. The second kernel is compiled from the apple sources and do not work with Icloud

http://www.osx86.net/files/file/3563-109-gm-ivy-bridge-e-kernel/

• Like 1

Hello.

I have problem with my new build. 

Asus X79 Deluxe (0403 BIOS) - http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/X79DELUXE/
i7 4930K (Ivy Bridge-E) - http://ark.intel.com/products/77780/

or      u n i b e a s t     and myhack. 

All methods have same result. After sucessfully install (only with -v cpus=1 npci=0x2000) I boot from USB and after kext loads screen give me only black screen. (Kernel issue?)

Please if you have any tips... Thanks!

I've just bought parts for a build that's pretty much the same as yours.

Sorry for the self-serving question, but have you had better luck yet?...

Hey guys you know that we don't support something like uni....

Regarding your issue did you try with the flag: GraphicsEnabler=No . Try also -f

-v -f cpus=1 npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=No

Are you using the correct ssdt (Radeon)? 

I don't have any radeon experience but it seems something related with the GPU.

He is not reading the thread, i have already posted the solution:

"You need to boot into the installer and copy the modded kernel onto the new Mavericks installation partition. Only then will it boot past the black screen."

This is because youve used the modded kernel to boot the USB installer and install mavericks, but the installer extracts a fresh unpatched kernel to the installation disk. Therefore once installation completes, you must use Terminal to copy the modded kernel from the USB Installer to the Mavericks hard disk partition.

He is not reading the thread, i have already posted the solution:

"You need to boot into the installer and copy the modded kernel onto the new Mavericks installation partition. Only then will it boot past the black screen."

This is because youve used the modded kernel to boot the USB installer and install mavericks, but the installer extracts a fresh unpatched kernel to the installation disk. Therefore once installation completes, you must use Terminal to copy the modded kernel from the USB Installer to the Mavericks hard disk partition.

Right thanks mate, calciumantacid also mentionned this here. this forum is a gold mine... :)

• 2 weeks later...

@stinga11 I am looking the moded kernel for 10.8.5 do you have it ?

I saw this link but I am shure i wont work, only 10.8.4 ? 

http://www.osx86.net/files/file/40-10-8-4-haswell-ivy-bridge-e-lapic-fix-kernel/

No, I did not do a kernel 10.8.5 but the source diff is attached. If you want you can compile it yourself. But I recommend you make the jump to Mavericks.

No, I did not do a kernel 10.8.5 but the source diff is attached. If you want you can compile it yourself. But I recommend you make the jump to Mavericks.

That is really what I have right now, the moded kernel from rampagedev from its DMG and works, but I cant have the sound with appleHDA and the usb is giving some skips when working with video from an external HD, in my macbook pro it not happens.

What can I change for the usb problem ?

sorry for my english :)

Got it all working with the 10.8.4 kernel by @stinga11

Except icloud and iMessage. Any known issues with this kernel and icloud? Or should the problem lie elsewhere?

Just to know, You are using an 10.8.5 install usb with only the 10.8.4 kernel ?

What about the kext you use are 10.8.5 or 10.8.4 ?

10.8.4 patched kernel with 10.8.5 OS worked just fine for install, actually. Using all Kexts that came with vanilla 10.8.5 except ncpu, audio, Ethernet, fakesmc, acpi, and a couple other essentials.

So basically you installed a bunch of useless kexts that did not need to be installed. You only need 4 kexts for this board...

Except icloud and iMessage. Any known issues with this kernel and icloud? Or should the problem lie elsewhere?

This breaks with all modded kernels. 

So FakeSMC, AppleIntel1000e, AppleHDA, & AHCIPortInjector?  Because I get a kp without the ACPI kext...so I need more than 4...

I presume all kernels for the Ivy-E are modded, correct? Mountain Lion/Mavericks/anything?  There is no vanilla or iCloud-capable kernel then?

The panic you are stating is unknown to me... 

Man, for Icloud you need use the first kernel because is the vanilla kernel patched. The second kernel is compiled from the apple sources and do not work with Icloud

Here's the post I followed to the letter...Turns out the only flag I needed to boot my build, though, was npci=0x2000

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/291831-asus-sabertooth-x79-ivy-bridge-e-4930k/?p=1946346

Note reference to KP on ACPIPlatform.kext

Too bad it still requires the modified/compiled kernel.

There is no panic at all. It hangs looking for a IGPU. Just use the boot flag and not the modded kext. 

hello I can not get the audio to work properly everything else works perfect.

mb : asus P9X79 pro

cpu : 4930k

sound: ALC898

Mavericks installed and I 'm using the modified kernel rampagedev , I trying to use the original files in your readme says rampagedev (those Toleda patching the orginal applehda.kext) , but with these , I just get this jumping the audio output between the rear and front .

I tested with and without SSDT

The same happens if I install the files from MB 6.0.1 same results.

now I'm using VoodooHDA 2.7.3 from MB 6.0.1, but at least it works and I have problems with delays in the sound, youtube video and sound are not coordinated , adobe premiere 'm having lost frames due to sound problem .

what options I have to fix the sound?

Is there any version of VoodooHDA that will work best ?

should test the modified kernel Stinga , or it's rampagedev ?

I've tried a usb external audio but I get audio skipping , if I turn off the sound in the bios might work well?

any other ideas?

I only found the compiled kernel by you here::  http://www.osx86.net/files/file/40-10-8-4-haswell-ivy-bridge-e-lapic-fix-kernel/

Do you still have the original vanilla patched kernel somewhere?

BTW, Thanks for the awesome work on editing these!

Sorry my bad. Of the two kernel I am talking is in Mavericks

With this kernel on Mavericks you can use Icloud

http://www.osx86.net/files/file/3563-109-gm-ivy-bridge-e-kernel/

UPDATE:

If in this moment you can not update to Mavericks I remember that you can patch the 10.8.4 vanilla kernel. Only need a hex editor and change

eb0a83f83a and replace it with eb0a83f83e

• Like 1

I do need ML, unfortunately.  But a hex edit should be easy!  Except...

I've opened up both the 10.8.4 vanilla mach_kernel & the 10.8.5 vanilla mach_kernel, but can't find the eb0a83f83a string anywhere.  I can find eb0a83...but nothing that matches the full string.  I'm using Hex-Editor from the ol' App Store and I used Pacifist to extract the mach_kernels from the relevant Install images which I downloaded from the App Store, too.

Am I being stupid?  Haha

This patch only work with 10.8.4 kernel.

• 4 weeks later...

New 10.9.2 beta came out with 13.1 kernel, which needs no alteration. I'm also able now to use FakeSMC plugins for sensors and stuff -- they used to give me kernel panic.  So that is good.  I still can't get speedstep to work.  ANy luck folks?