ASUS Sabertooth X79 - Ivy Bridge-E - 4930k

mr. west

220 posts in this topic

Didn't try it with only disabling speedstep and enabling c1e. With enabled speedstep i was stuck at 36x, you're right. Now I could even turn on speedstep again and it's still working (if its actually using speedstep idk but with this i don't have to reenable it again every time for windows)

I'd always disabled Speedstep but I checked and yeah you can leave it enabled. C1E seems to override it.

About the bluetooth, don't bother. It doesn't work properly. When you boot into Windows (and have the drivers installed) it will load the firmware into the BT dongle. If you then reboot into OS X the firmware will still be in place (Bluetooth section of System Profiler should be filled out). On my X79 I don't have Windows installed so I used rehabman's Atheros firmware loader kext. It loads the firmware fine, everything looks good in the System Profiler but it's unable to make any connections.

Meanwhile Bluetooth works fine on my Z68 using the exact same loader (I dual-boot Windows on that but I tested the kext just to see how it worked).

I only get 32x without NullCPUPM. On the previous page you said you were stuck at 36x without it. Did you get it working? I have the same board but with a 3930k.

Maybe im mixed up, with my 3960X i had NullCPU and it allows x12 and x36, without it, only x36. This was ML 10.8.5.

Now its the same with 4960X without NullCPU, only x36. I have yet to try with NullCPU on this system.

The odd thing is that with NullCPU you should get stuck multi at x36. And without NullCPU you should get the C States working. Its a bit weird. Some systems on 10.9 with SB-E are working with x12 and x36 Multi without NullCPU, some need it.

Thanks.

With OS X Mavericks the kernel patcher from chameleon not work but with this kernel should be able to load kexts from Extra/Extesion without any problem. For example Fakesmc and NullCPUPowerManagement. If you could confirm this

Sorry for the delay, I tested it and Fakesmc loads from S/l/E without issues.

Hi all,

I'm building a hackintosh around a x79 deluxe. It's going to be my first water-cooled pc, so I'm looking for advice in this department :)

Parts are 4930k, corsair h80i, 64gb corsair ram, single hd6870, be quiet 750w, fractal design r4. I don't necessarily plan on overclocking the cpu.

I picked an additional noctua nf-p12 fan. So I'm thinking 2 intake fans front, one outtake rear where the radiator mounts, 1 outtake fan on top.

What do you think?

Cheers!

noisegate, you said you don't plan on over clocking, so your h80i is plenty sufficient. I have the same motherboard, cpu and case (Fractal R4). I have air cooling on my setup - Hyper 212X and it's doing a fine job at 4400 MHz. Above 4500 MHz you'll start entering advanced over clocking territory with voltage tuning needed, etc. Generally, for this CPU 4600 MHz is around the upper limit without exotic cooling.

Fractal R4 has excellent airflow, I find that I don't need to use the top exhaust. I have 2 intake fans (stock with case) and one 140 mm exhaust in back.

I have an H100i with Noctua fans as well. Atm im not doing any overclocking but i plan on it in the future. I found out that you can use corsair link on Windows to set detailed fan profiles etc and the profiles work at OS X too. (For the cpu fans and the titan fan). I have intake at the front and side and back and top is exhaust. I have mounted the radiator in pull configuration, meaning that the screws go through the fan to the radiator. (Pull -> easier to clean).

The front and side fan i put in an external fan controller because the controlling does not work for me with case fans. The psu is mounted with fan to the bottom.

I don't know what else i did, but you can ask ;)

Is anyone else having issues getting sound to work with the Saberthooth X79?

ASUS Sabertooth X79

i7-3820

Nvidia Geforce GTX 680

Everything worked perfectly in 10.8.

I can get Mavericks to install but I always have to boot in safemode with the "-x" boot flag and I haven't been able to get sound to work.  The card uses ALC892 and I've installed kexts for ALC892 and I've tried VoodooHDA as well.  Neither seem to work.  VoodooHDA says that there's no compatible HDA device attached, etc...  and the ALC892 kexts don't seem to do anything.  In both cases the only sound device listed is a "Virtual Sound Device"

It also won't detect my USB headset or mic, something that 10.8 did even before i installed the needed Kexts.

Hi,

i had some audio issues with my motherboard as well because i tried several things. So i had to manually deinstall all the audio kexts and installed them manually without [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] or something like that. I used the ssdt for my motherboard and the guide attached to it. Google for it, in the folder i downlaoded were several ssdts for x79 motherboards included.

Hi,

i had some audio issues with my motherboard as well because i tried several things. So i had to manually deinstall all the audio kexts and installed them manually without ##### or something like that. I used the ssdt for my motherboard and the guide attached to it. Google for it, in the folder i downlaoded were several ssdts for x79 motherboards included.

I think I'm using the right SSDT as everything else works but sound. How many audio kexts did you have to manually delete?

It sounds like everyone used the wrong patch for sound or is not following the install instructions to the letter. 

Supposedly it's ALC892 but there may be a default kext somewhere that needs to be deleted.

Any idea why I'd always need to boot in safe mode?  It seems to be a USB issue that causes it to hang when booting without the "-x" bootflag.  

IOUSBFamily unable to enumerate...

is the error message I get right before a KP.

The only USB device I have attached is my mouse and I never got that issue in 10.8

Supposedly it's ALC892 but there may be a default kext somewhere that needs to be deleted.

Any idea why I'd always need to boot in safe mode?  It seems to be a USB issue that causes it to hang when booting without the "-x" bootflag.  

IOUSBFamily unable to enumerate...

is the error message I get right before a KP.

The only USB device I have attached is my mouse and I never got that issue in 10.8

Without full specs I could not tell you or a pic of the panic. 

Without full specs I could not tell you or a pic of the panic. 

Full specs are one of your suggested builds.

Sabertooth X79

i7-3820

Geforce GTX 680

etc...

Attached is a pic of the error i get when I try to boot without the "-x" flag.  If I boot in safemode it boots but I get no sound.  I'm starting to think that my sound issue and the safemode issue are connected.  Is that possible?

mH1Cn8B.jpg

Hello.

I have problem with my new build. 

Asus X79 Deluxe (0403 BIOS) - http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/X79DELUXE/

i7 4930K (Ivy Bridge-E) - http://ark.intel.com/products/77780/

or      u n i b e a s t     and myhack. 

All methods have same result. After sucessfully install (only with -v cpus=1 npci=0x2000) I boot from USB and after kext loads screen give me only black screen. (Kernel issue?)

Please if you have any tips... Thanks!