10.8.5 out

edebca0c

231 posts in this topic

Installed 10.8.5.  I had to add the following to the Broadcom plugin in IOBluetoothFamily.kext to get Bluetooth to be recognized:

<key>Broadcom2070FamilyUSBBluetoothHCIController_D</key>

<dict>

<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>

<string>com.apple.iokit.BroadcomBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport</string>

<key>IOClass</key>

<string>BroadcomBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport</string>

<key>IOProviderClass</key>

<string>IOUSBDevice</string>

<key>idProduct</key>

<integer>8628</integer>

<key>idVendor</key>

<integer>2652</integer>

</dict>

I had to rollback to 10.8.0 for AppleACPIPlatform.kext and AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext.  I also had to add the following to the Atheros plugin for IO80211Family.kext to get my wifi to work:

<string>pci168c,2b</string>

Based on Joe75's comments, I will see if I can't figure out how to use the 10.8.5 kexts to avoid the ACPI KP that seems to take place with most HP laptops and get full PM/Speedstep without the modded AICPUPM kext that I found somewhere on the internet that worked for me.  The rollback does seem to be a good temporary workaround while I take my time to figure out what changes are necessary to use the vanilla 10.8.5 kexts.  I get the point about not accepting the rollback as a permanent fix because we don't learn how the new kexts differ from the older working ones.  Our need to learn is ongoing as Apple continues to try to improve on its OS.

• Like 1

anyone 10.8.5 patch AppleHDA 898 for x79 system?

See Mountain Lion Realtek ALC AppleHDA Audio - OSx86 10.8 (Mountain Lion) - InsanelyMac Forum

Steps (x79):

1. Delete S/L//E/AppleHDA.kext (interim)

2. Delete S/L//E/HDAEnabler898.kext or edit dsdt/HDEF/layout-id to 0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00

3. Install HDAEnabler1.kext (if no dsdt/HDEF)

4. Install 10.8.5 patched AppleHDA.kext

5. Retart

• Like 1

Guys, would appreciate any sort of help.

I'm having the high temps issue after the 10.8.5 upgrade. Idle gone from 40 to 48 on cpu and GPU from 37 to close to 50 :(

I'm on an EP45-UD3R with E8400

I've seen comments on editing the DSDT but my issue is that I'm on the Cartri Bios so no DSDT.

Is there any option whatsoever for the likes of me? Please help :(

• Like 1

I'm having the high temps issue after the 10.8.5 upgrade. Idle gone from 40 to 48 on cpu and GPU from 37 to close to 50 :(

I've seen comments on editing the DSDT but my issue is that I'm on the Cartri Bios so no DSDT.

yes there are options to replace dsdt in this bios and edit it then put it back to bios.

or just use dsdt from bootloader

Other option is to use SSDT if your chosen bootloader is able to operate with them.

yes there are options to replace dsdt in this bios and edit it then put it back to bios.

or just use dsdt from bootloader

Thanks...is there a guide on what needs to be modified to get temps back to normal? If yes, could you pls point me in the right direction?

Other option is to use SSDT if your chosen bootloader is able to operate with them.

The bootloader I use is chimera. Does this support SSDT? If yes, could you please let me know what needs to be done.

Thanks guys...

@Shaj, if you have power management working double check that you have AppleLPC loading. You can edit your id to the kext if you don't have it fixed in dsdt.

@rayap, check that you are using a proper frame buffer for your graphics and not the default RadeonFramebuffer because dvd player will not work with the generic fb

• Like 1

@rayap, check that you are using a proper frame buffer for your graphics and not the default RadeonFramebuffer because dvd player will not work with the generic fb

Had Chutoro FB. So yanked out the HD7770 and on only IGFX - same result msg. Must be something with my Trial System setup.

Edit: From Restored versions of 10.9 and 10.8.5 from old board ; DVDPlayer runs on Trial System

Edited by rayap

@Shaj, if you have power management working double check that you have AppleLPC loading. You can edit your id to the kext if you don't have it fixed in dsdt.

Hey joe...

Sorry about the noob question but how do I check if it's loaded?

Also, if it is loaded, could you please guide me with the edit?

And if it's not loaded, what do I do? :(

@Shaj

Could u upload your bios soo i can edit this dsdt with new LPC patch?

Hi xpamamadeus,

Would be ever so grateful.

Bios link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7laqikihbo2i1gm/MYBIOS

https://bitbucket.org/blackosx/darwindumper/downloads

Shaj, you can grab darwin dumper from that link and get more info then you probably want to know about your system :P

After you run darwindumper you will see DarwinDump.htm with the folders of all the dumps of the system. Open this and go to the LSPCI -nnvvt tab and it will list the LPC controller and show the id.

To check for applelpc you can use terminal with the command kextstat or look in the Extensions tab of System Information. If it is loaded then you don't need to edit anything. If not loaded you would need your LPC Interface Controller id added or swapped in the AppleLPC.kext/Contents/Info.plist. You can use an app like plistedit or a text editor in terminal like nano.  This edit would need to be done every time you update so its better to have it added to dsdt so you don't need to keep fixing it.

• Like 1

Shaj, you can grab darwin dumper from that link and get more info then you probably want to know about your system :P

After you run darwindumper you will see DarwinDump.htm with the folders of all the dumps of the system. Open this and go to the LSPCI -nnvvt tab and it will list the LPC controller and show the id.

To check for applelpc you can use terminal with the command kextstat or look in the Extensions tab of System Information. If it is loaded then you don't need to edit anything. If not loaded you would need your LPC Interface Controller id added or swapped in the AppleLPC.kext/Contents/Info.plist. You can use an app like plistedit or a text editor in terminal like nano.  This edit would need to be done every time you update so its better to have it added to dsdt so you don't need to keep fixing it.

I will be grateful if you can help me with this dsdt injection cause I tried this with no success.

Thanks in advance.

dsdt&dump.zip

hi calmesal, i actually don't do any dsdt edits, i just use auto corrections for the few problems in mine and wouldn't feel comfortable editing someone else's. Im sure there are many other people here that wouldn't mind doing it correctly for you.

I been away for a while, so I came to see what the fuss was about w/ 10.8.3. I installed it and came to find out that my audio was broken. After reading a few threads on the Internet from various forums, I came across the solution of removing the kernel flags "npci=0x3000" from my chameleon.boot.plist. Not that it matters to many, but I want to know why was this causing my audio to break, and what possible future ramifications could occur since removing it. 

SUCCESS!!!

Thank you SO SO much!

Temps back to 40 Degrees  :thumbsup_anim:

• Like 1

I came across the solution of removing the kernel flags "npci=0x3000" from my chameleon.boot.plist. Not that it matters to many, but I want to know why was this causing my audio to break, and what possible future ramifications could occur since removing it. 

Apples change to pci detection in 6.8 is what brought up the use of this flag and continued through 10.7. It now seems to interfere some way with pci bus in 8.5. As long as you don't have any hang on PCI Detection begin… you shouldn't need the flag anymore and there shouldn't be any problems to not using it.

• Like 1

Apples change to pci detection in 6.8 is what brought up the use of this flag and continued through 10.7. It now seems to interfere some way with pci bus in 8.5. As long as you don't have any hang on PCI Detection begin… you shouldn't need the flag anymore and there shouldn't be any problems to not using it.

Yeah, I remember when 10.7 came out, no one was able to start up their Hacks w/o that flag. Shout outs to Nektas. Like a dummy I kept forgetting the flag and kept getting the CMOS reset - good times lol.

ughh..haven't problems with an install in a lonnnnnng long time.

Can't boot without -f

ALC889 is broken...i typically just rolled back an appleHDA kext in my documents folder after each update to get audio as I prefer this method since i'm running a dsdt for my system compiled by someone else...anyone know of any modifications i need to make to the file?

EVGA x58 LE guys can use the files i attached below to restore audio..just need to tackle -f issue now