10.8.5 out

edebca0c

231 posts in this topic

For people with Atheros AR30xx bluetooth who have updated to 10.8.5 and noticed bluetooth takes an unusually ling time to enable/reenable. If you are now experiencing 30 second delays for bluetooth to get enabled after sleep (provided, you use a working fw uploader kext and vanilla IOBluetoothFamily from 10.8.5) here's a quick workaround I've conjured while listening to some chiptune... Patch IOBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport plugins's binary from 0000010f85de000000 to 0000010f84de000000.

Atheros AR30xx controllers are unable to send commandWakeup() because firmware is unloaded across sleep but the kext expects this command to configure PM for the given controller... by patching jne to je we eliminate the 30 sec timeout during which kext expects to receive a wakeup command and instead make it just jump to enabling bluetooth straight away.

Thank You, Thank You very much!

I'm using BT speakers, because my ultrabook have a bad sound quality, and i need bass. I have Atheros AR5B195 with AR3011 module, it works ok with firmware uploader, but i used to wait always a half minute long to get the BT powered on and initialised after bootor wake up. Now it is gone! Thanks :)

10.8.5 working flawlessly both on my i5 3570K/H77-DS3H and my Atom 330/ION netbook. No rollbacks, no hassles, just needed to reinstall AppleHDA (current ALC 887) for the i5 hack as usual. Don't know why folks' acting like this particular update is harder than the other 10.8.x iterations...

All the best!

• Like 1

So, after all, your suggestion for me is that I set ScreenResolution to my favorite 1366*768 and turn on PatchVBios. Even there's nothing under PatchVBios key?

Am I getting the right information from your post? 

Yes.

Sorry for delay, this is OT.

No problems, none rollback here (PC and Laptop), BUT "in my case" before apply the update I did investigated one thing about 10.9 (now is related to 10.8.5 too):

There is a new detection of the PCI devices, I mean specifically about a "new way" to fix from the DSDT some changes implemented by Apple to the "compatible" and "name" sections, those can be seen in IORegistryExplorer. Please read this info from Spanish topic (post 3):

Google translator

The "new way" of injections from the DSDT coming from here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/289791-fixed-by-dsdt-edit-10c-temps-500rpm-fans/?do=findComment&comment=1923734

NOTE:

One important example is the LPC device (or LPCB or SBRG), which is responsible for lowering the temperature of the processor through the C-States to support SpeedStep and Sleep. Then you know that this is if they notice an increase in CPU temperature in both 10.8.5 and 10.9. When the LPC device is not native, and need to be injected from the DSDT (as I like), this is NOT loaded correctly if there is no data added in "compatible" and "name". And in general, any device they are using a injected "device-id" native with OS X, also requires that inject their corresponding "compatible" and "name", to make it the most "vanilla" possible.

Another reminder, just in case they will not surprise you, that this change in the recognition of the devices could affect some non-native SATA controllers (HDDs) and USB ports (including devices as cameras, bluetooth, card readers, etc... all internally attached to USB ports), in laptops this is very common. It is expected behavior, so in my case the SATA hard drives with icons orange (and/or "Still waiting for root device"), and USB 1.1 ports are non-functional after the update in my PC, because these devices are NOT native and I did have injected only its "device-id" from the DSDT. Now is fixed, and running well.

Please sorry my bad English.
  • Like 6

Any non-DSDT way of injecting these additional data, especially for the newer UEFI motherboards?

Yes my friend, I think those parameters can be injected by a Legacy injector like DeviceMergeNubAPM.kext.

Please wait until test it... And report back here.

Testing. Back tomorrow.

• Like 1

Yes.

Sorry for delay, this is OT.

That's OK. BTW, Clover is really more vanilla than Chameleon. I've tried to lock my hack in iCloud site. SInce then I will not be able to boot normally. It seems that OS is booting into special mode ( like recovery mode or something like that?) and my screen becomes black. I think it's related to the mode which uses the default cache so I won't be able to see my screen. That's why I haven't used Clover for several weeks. Chameleon can be used to boot normally thanks to it's not as vanilla as Clover. That's funny anyway.

10.8.5 upgrade was a bit tricky on my Lenovo T420 due to changes in Bluetooth. To install, had to disable BT in the BIOS until the system starts up. then had to modify Info.plist in the Broadcom Plugin under IOBluetoothFamily.kext. changed ProductID 8532 to 8575. This is very similar post above about Atheros. 

10.8.5 upgrade was a bit tricky on my Lenovo T420 due to changes in Bluetooth. To install, had to disable BT in the BIOS until the system starts up. then had to modify Info.plist in the Broadcom Plugin under IOBluetoothFamily.kext. changed ProductID 8532 to 8575. This is very similar post above about Atheros. 

So your BT's vendor id is Broadcom?

That's OK. BTW, Clover is really more vanilla than Chameleon. I've tried to lock my hack in iCloud site. SInce then I will not be able to boot normally. It seems that OS is booting into special mode ( like recovery mode or something like that?) and my screen becomes black. I think it's related to the mode which uses the default cache so I won't be able to see my screen. That's why I haven't used Clover for several weeks. Chameleon can be used to boot normally thanks to it's not as vanilla as Clover. That's funny anyway.

You may use a bootloader that you are able to use for new system.

10.8.5 working flawlessly both on my i5 3570K/H77-DS3H and my Atom 330/ION netbook. No rollbacks, no hassles, just needed to reinstall AppleHDA (current ALC 887) for the i5 hack as usual. Don't know why folks' acting like this particular update is harder than the other 10.8.x iterations...

All the best!

All the best!

hi the connactic,

do you have chameleon or clover bootloader in your Asus 1201n hackintosh ? What update method , did you used combo 10.8.5 or the one from appstore?

Is it possible to upload the patched for Atom 330 10.8.5 kernel?

All the best

Diomaiden

hi the connactic,

do you have chameleon or clover bootloader in your Asus 1201n hackintosh ? What update method , did you used combo 10.8.5 or the one from appstore?

Is it possible to upload the patched for Atom 330 10.8.5 kernel?

All the best

Diomaiden

1) Chameleon, latest trunk;

2) Combo update, then reinstalled my patched kexts with Kext Utility and reboot;

3) I don't use a patched kernel, i use the vanilla kernel patched on-the-fly by Chameleon's kernel patcher module.

All the best!

1) Chameleon, latest trunk;

2) Combo update, then reinstalled my patched kexts with Kext Utility and reboot;

3) I don't use a patched kernel, i use the vanilla kernel patched on-the-fly by Chameleon's kernel patcher module.

All the best!

A kernel patched for what?

Hi People!

Should we apply SSDT in 10.8.5? 

I mean, it's native the power management or it's working on turbo?

Thanks!

The same as with other OSX: 10.5, 10.6, 10.8.4, 10.9DP7....

• Like 1