Ozmosis

xpamamadeus
6,231 posts in this topic

Even Ivy still needs a patched kernel for SL.

Thank You Pjalm, can you showme some docs about it? 

I'v try to find mach_kernel in vanilla installer, but pacifist refuse to open install package and "show me contents" not showed up any mach_kernel

Thank You Pjalm, can you showme some docs about it? 

I'v try to find mach_kernel in vanilla installer, but pacifist refuse to open install package and "show me contents" not showed up any mach_kernel

http://www.osx86.net/files/download/940-haswell-ivy-bridge-kernel-for-snow-leopard-10-6/

download kernel and put it in root.

Hi friends!

For who want to update CPU Microcode and don't know how, here's the process:

Step one:         From bios screen remember the number of your CPU ID which is: 000XXXXXX.

Step two:          From Windows go to Intel downloads and type in the search bar=> microcode, then download the latest one  it's 2014xxxx, unzip the file.

Step three:        Download the attached file named microdecode, unzip it.

Step four:          Now go to C:\ path and create a folder named microcode.

Step five:           From the Intel unzipped folder, copy microcode.dat and paste it on the folder created earlier.

Step six:            From the unzipped microdecode folder, copy microdecode and microdecode.c then paste them in folder created earlier.

Step seven:       Open CMD.exe and at command prompt type: cd C:\microcode , then type: microdecode.exe microdecode.dat , and you will see many 000XXXXX..............bin files, copy the one that has the same CPU ID number of your processor and paste it on CPU folder that you have to create on desktop.

Last one:            Open MMTOOL, select your bios file, click on CPU PATCH tab, you will have this screen:

- Extract all the CPU ID's seen in this screen in CPU folder, delete them from MMTOOL CPU PATCH tab, and now the first one that you need to insert, is the 000XXXX........BIN microcode that you have copied earlier from the microcode folder, then you will have to insert the oders.

Save your bios file, and now, you have a latest CPU microcode in your bios file which is allready for flash.

post-334538-0-83577600-1397645161_thumb.jpg

microdecode.zip

• Like 2

Hi friends!

For who want to update CPU Microcode and don't know how, here's the process:

Step one:         From bios screen remember the number of your CPU ID which is: 000XXXXXX.

Step two:          From Windows go to Intel downloads and type in the search bar=> microcode, then download the latest one  it's 2014xxxx, unzip the file.

Step three:        Download the attached file named microdecode, unzip it.

Step four:          Now go to C:\ path and create a folder named microcode.

Step five:           From the Intel unzipped folder, copy microcode.dat and paste it on the folder created earlier.

Step six:            From the unzipped microdecode folder, copy microdecode and microdecode.c then paste them in folder created earlier.

Step seven:       Open CMD.exe and at command prompt type: cd C:\microcode , then type: microdecode.exe microdecode.dat , and you will see many 000XXXXX..............bin files, copy the one that has the same CPU ID number of your processor and paste it on CPU folder that you have to create on desktop.

Last one:            Open MMTOOL, select your bios file, click on CPU PATCH tab, you will have this screen:

- Extract all the CPU ID's seen in this screen in CPU folder, delete them from MMTOOL CPU PATCH tab, and now the first one that you need to insert, is the 000XXXX........BIN microcode that you have copied earlier from the microcode folder, then you will have to insert the oders.

Save your bios file, and now, you have a latest CPU microcode in your bios file which is allready for flash.

http://www.win-raid.com/t154f16-Tool-quot-UEFI-BIOS-Updater-quot-UBU.html

• Like 1

I had tried it last week, and I have not liked. This is where I told you that my pc kept restart, in addition there is no update for the CPU HASWELL, and it is dedicated rather to the Asus motherboard. 

And frankly, I prefer to do it myself!  :D  ^_^  :yes:

• Like 1

For exemple when i had tried to do update for OROM and ETC...
The soft had proposed me an update driver for SATA port and he present me the Marvell 88SE9192, but my MoBo have a: Marvell® 88SE9172 chip taken from GIGABYTE GA-Z87X-UD4H Specifications page.

​And for CPU microcode, he had proposed me, only update number: 09 that i have already in GIGABYTE GA-Z87X-UD4H.FX, and for Ethernet i think, is the only one that he had proposed me that goes with my MoBo. Anyway, i have now Updated my CPU Microcode to V:17, that i had freshly downloaded from Intel Inc. like described earlier.  :D 

For exemple when i had tried to do update for OROM and ETC...
The soft had proposed me an update driver for SATA port and he present me the Marvell 88SE9192, but my MoBo have a: Marvell® 88SE9172 chip taken from GIGABYTE GA-Z87X-UD4H Specifications page.

​And for CPU microcode, he had proposed me, only update number: 09 that i have already in GIGABYTE GA-Z87X-UD4H.FX, and for Ethernet i think, is the only one that he had proposed me that goes with my MoBo. Anyway, i have now Updated my CPU Microcode to V:17, that i had freshly downloaded from Intel Inc. like described earlier.  :D 

This UEFI bios updater propossed u to update eerything he found in your rom.

U dont need to have Marvell 88SE9192,but some other revision of this same board may have!

This updater works like it should and it works perfect!!

Gigabyte put many sh1ts oroms on bioses for devices that this board does not have!

in my bios there are atheros and intel LAN EFi and legacy roms but none of this even exist.

Hi,

I this version, i've limited the size of final file AmiBoardInfo to 0xFFFF, because i can test. (Max DSDT size is 0xEFB0)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6rz69aear3kgr14/Dsdt2Bios-r0.4.3.zip

Src

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kdpm2e9yq5b9ph9/Src-Dsdt2Bios-r0.4.3.zip

Fred

Hi Fred!

Thank you very much for your awesome soft and i appreciate your hard work Fred  :yes:  ^_^ !

Please, do you think if i delete unused devices from my AmiBoardInfo, can let my board to consume less power?

Because i'm planning to make a small DSDT.aml like 894 DSDT for the Z77MX-QUO-AOS.F3A with SSDT integrated!

Hi Fred!

Thank you very much for your awesome soft and i appreciate your hard work Fred  :yes:  ^_^ !

Please, do you think if i delete unused devices from my AmiBoardInfo, can let my board to consume less power?

Because i'm planning to make a small DSDT.aml like 894 DSDT for the Z77MX-QUO-AOS.F3A with SSDT integrated!

I don't think that your computer will less consume.

Sure many devices are not needed, for exemple on Z77-DS3H, USB RP05 to RP08.

Fred

• Like 1

I don't think that your computer will less consume.

Sure many devices are not needed, for exemple on Z77-DS3H, USB RP05 to RP08.

Fred

This will be difficult now, because i've deleted "_SB.PCI0.LPCB, _SB.PCI0.LPCB, _SB.PCI0.DOCK, _SB.TPM, _SB.TPM and _TZ" after that, he generate 82 "Object does not exist" errors.  :D

I would go back in my pocket ;)  and i  will forget this small DSDT :angel: , i don't want to brick my board  :yes:  ^_^

This will be difficult now, because i've deleted "_SB.PCI0.LPCB, _SB.PCI0.LPCB, _SB.PCI0.DOCK, _SB.TPM, _SB.TPM and _TZ" after that, he generate 82 "Object does not exist" errors.  :D

I would go back in my pocket ;)  and i  will forget this small DSDT :angel: , i don't want to brick my board  :yes:  ^_^

look here of example this is Based on Quo DSDT made it for Z77-DS3H works like a charm :D

DSDT.zip

• Like 1

Hi Fred!

Hi,

For ssdt, you just need to replace them with UEFITools, there are in raw mode. You just need to find them in bios it's very easy.

I just do it this morning works fine.

Fred

• Like 1

look here of example this is Based on Quo DSDT made it for Z77-DS3H works like a charm :D

Hi truesoldier!
You have builded a "f*****g-excuse this*" very good DSDT, now you have an Mac Machine it's not your DS3H. Do you think that i can make one like that? In my dream, yes, I even don't know where is the IGPU in my DSDT  :hysterical:  :D  ^_^  :yes: !
Yours is very reduced, but it is very significant, and it is well explained!!!
Yesterday, i've tried to rearrange the scopes and the devices, and i have make this attached one.
This will become maybe difficult if i need to do one like your's, but i really want to try. This will be in my GUINNESS BOOK!
i hope to do one like that, i really hope it!

Hi,

For ssdt, you just need to replace them with UEFITools, there are in raw mode. You just need to find them in bios it's very easy.

I just do it this morning works fine.

Fred

Hi Fred!

It has a name or it is unnamed

DSDT.aml.zip

Hi truesoldier!
You have builded a "f*****g-excuse this*" very good DSDT, now you have an Mac Machine it's not your DS3H. Do you think that i can make one like that? In my dream, yes, I even don't know where is the IGPU in my DSDT  :hysterical:  :D  ^_^  :yes: !
Yesterday, i've tried to rearrange the scopes and the devices, and i have make this attached one.
This will become maybe difficult if i need to do one like your's, but i really want to try. This will be in my GUINNESS BOOK!

no it is a DS3H iMac Style :D

you can try it,if you know what needs to go where,then you can do it :angel:

with the iGPU you need to extract your ACPI tables and look where that is maybe this help.

reading on the forum all about DSDT.

Good luck :thumbsup_anim:

• Like 1

no it is a DS3H iMac Style :D

with the iGPU 

I was joking, because the DSDT is so perfect as it looks like a DSDT taken from an apple machine! ^_^  :yes:

Can you please! look for IGPU in my new attached DSDT, his name i think is GFX0 post-334538-0-58736300-1397829959_thumb.png in the SSDT-4. :worried_anim:  

Hi truesoldier!

Hi Fred!

It has a name or it is unnamed

No name, but subtype is freeform.

For my GA-Z77-DS3H is just after PowerManagement -> name 299141BB-211A-48A5-92C0-6F9A0A3A006E

Fred

• Like 1

copy the GFX0 device to your DSDT and rename it to IGPU and look whats happen.

Ok! Just for understanding, i will copy the GFX0 from my SSDT-4 and paste it in my DSDT, where and why to rename it to IGPU, i think they will be confusion between SSDT-4 and DSDT? :worried_anim: .

No name, but subtype is freeform.

For my GA-Z77-DS3H is just after PowerManagement -> name 299141BB-211A-48A5-92C0-6F9A0A3A006E

Fred

Thank's Fred! I find it, but i have SSDT that is bigger than this one taken from Bios file, it's generated by PikerAlpha ssdtPRGen. Now, i'm confused  :wacko:

Ok! Just for understanding, i will copy the GFX0 from my SSDT-4 and paste it in my DSDT, where and why to rename it to IGPU, i think they will be confusion between SSDT-4 and DSDT? :worried_anim: .

just for test.

rename the inserted GFX0 to iGPU.

• Like 1

just for test.

rename the inserted GFX0 to iGPU.

Ok Captain, i will try it right now!

But if you can see also this attached DSDT it's last one that i have maked today!

DSDT.zip

Ok Captain, i will try it right now!

But if you can see also this attached DSDT it's last one that i have maked today!

There's 201 errors with GFX0 even with IGPU!

post-334538-0-17420600-1397871186_thumb.png