Ozmosis

xpamamadeus
6,231 posts in this topic

If Ozmosis requires the same DSDT for OSX and for Windows then it requires very smart user who can prepare such universal DSDT.

The QUO BIOS uses a DSDT like this. They just attached some if statements to certain patches so they'd only apply if the OS was OS X. From my fairly limited knowledge of DSDT edits you can only do this in certain cases though. For other patches they just have to work in all systems.

@joe75: The reason xpamamadeus wanted to have a Windows-compatible BIOS was so he could put the modified DSDT into his BIOS. So there'd be no need to load an external aml file.

• Like 1

If Ozmosis requires the same DSDT for OSX and for Windows then it requires very smart user who can prepare such universal DSDT.

That is configurable on ACPI_LOADER_MODE...

The QUO BIOS uses a DSDT like this. They just attached some if statements to certain patches so they'd only apply if the OS was OS X. From my fairly limited knowledge of DSDT edits you can only do this in certain cases though. For other patches they just have to work in all systems.

At first, it is HermitCrabs BIOS, if we talk on same thing.

Incorrect, but since you are not expert I will tell you:

The DSDT from H3A(incorrect called QUO DSDT) is made from ground based on stock F3A since many things must be preserved from original, otherwise BIOS will fail to "talk"with it...

Yes, the If statements where added for certain OS cases, that is a common practice.

quo dsdt for reference: amiboardinfo.aml.zip

Sorry to correct you again, it is HermitCrabs DSDT not QUO.

• Like 1

i just meant it was from the quo board   :bag:

i know the guy who wrote it   :king:

Yes, I know, but I dont want this to degenerate into a general confusion, people must know we talk here on a modifies BIOS and not the one suplied by vendor...

• Like 1

on the ESP (EFI System Partition):

copy .aml files (overriding any of the board's .AML) to

/Efi/Quo/Acpi/Load

copy kexts to:

/Efi/Quo/Darwin/Extensions/Common

or (not preferred because it might be unclear to some)

copy .aml files (overriding any of the board's .AML) to

/Volumes/EFI/Efi/Quo/Acpi/Load

copy kexts to:

/Volumes/EFI/Efi/Quo/Darwin/Extensions/Common

thanks to joe75 and modbin for final clarifications!

Chill guys....

I really don't see why OS needs to be used for this, we have the good UEFI Shell that can serv us for such thing, we have FAT R/W support so what is the problem?

Usual, I don't like to mount ESP in OS unless is a must, especial on OS X that is known for such love on fat driver, so unless you want to get in position to reformat the ESP better stay away of mounting ESP in OS X, my 2 cents....

• Like 2

Thanks for the final clarifications, joe75 and modbin, VERY much appreciated! I just received the board last night - it's not even built into the case yet .. so consequently I am not able yet to mount the ESP etc ..

I have been trying to get as much information out of this and the OZbootloader thread as possible - and whenever I see contradictions by comparing posts and find them relevant, I inquire. I (and most others) need to for the largest part or at least somewhat rely on what's written here; therefore it's great that people like you and joe75 do take the time and finalize instructions by adding ALL details.

I corrected my post.

@BugsB /Volumes/EFI/Efi/Quo/ is correct path! Might want to get it right yourself..

THANK YOU!

• Like 1

Usual, I don't like to mount ESP in OS unless is a must, especial on OS X that is known for such love on fat driver, so unless you want to get in position to reformat the ESP better stay away of mounting ESP in OS X, my 2 cents....

Now that is something we can defiantly agree on!   :euro:

Now that is something we can defiantly agree on!   :euro:

wow - in other words, both of you must have personally experienced that by simply mounting the ESP in OS X, editing file or/and folder content, unmount, the ESP partition ID or/and FS type has changed.
  • Like 1

interesting. I have been doing Mac and PC support for 18 years now and have all files for both, Mac and PC, on a shared 64GB FAT32 LBA USB Flash Drive (because many clients have both, Mac and PC, and some folders are shared, like Firefox, Thunderbird etc., and I realized at some point that my two separate HFS+ and NTFS formatted USB Flash Drives simply proved cumbersome on the job sites), and I need to say that I never ever had even ONE incident of any of my two 64GB FAT 32 USB Flash Drive clones were corrupt after having mounted them on a Mac (and believe me, I've done it THOUSANDS of times) ..

Naturally I ALWAYS unmount via secondary click/ Eject (or if that does not work for some reason, force unmount). So I sure can not second your opinion, but am sure that others do something wrong, which consequently delivers errors.

• Like 1

Unlike NTFS and HFS+, FAT is not a journaling file system. If a write operation to a FAT drive fails, there is no record of the failure and no way to efficiently check the disk for error. I wouldn't save anything on a FAT drive that I didn't have a copy of somewhere else.

That being said, FAT support is about mature as mature gets while cross-platform support for HFS+ and NTFS is iffy and more prone to corruption.

My favorite option is to stick data on another system and share using SMB/CIFS.

• Like 2

@ asstastic: I 100% agree. The source of my 64GB USB Fat32 LBA Flash Drives is on HDD, then permanently auto-synced to both volumes once any of them is connected. Another clone is on my backup Laptop, and another on the cloned external HDD. I learned over the years to be as digitally paranoid as possible :)

Somehow I've managed to break Ozmosis loading from the EFI partition. I integrated my DSDT into the BIOS and everything has been working fine. But I wanted to try some more edits and test them using an external DSDT file. However Ozmosis (801M) wouldn't load the file. Thinking the EFI partition may have gotten corrupt I formatted it but now Oz won't recreate it's EFI folder structure. In the boot log I get this:

09:402 00:000 Base Directory Path :\Efi\Quo\:
09:403 00:001 Local Path          :\Efi\Quo\Darwin\:
09:403 00:000 Common Kexts Path   :\Efi:
09:403 00:000 ACPI Dump Path      :\Efi:
09:403 00:000 ACPI Load Path      :\Efi:

Is there some way to reset this? I dumped my nvram but couldn't see anything relevant. Recreating the folder structure and even the EFI partition itself doesn't help as the config seems to be messed up.

Update: Figured it out. I replaced the Asus NTFS module with the ASRock one in the hope that it might fix the Oz (home key) boot menu. It didn't. But it also seemed to have messed up reading the drives somehow. Restoring the Asus module fixed it.

OK I have this working except for one thing the audio starts to get a hiss when a video or something is playing.  Anybody have any idea what causes this;  the only thing I can think of is the FSB is not detected but I have no idea how to fix it.  I have used the same DSDT and a SSDT but nothing has changed.

Fixed it by trying a newer version of ozmosis then what was posted in the first post.

Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to bring a little something to the developers attention. I am using the QUO board with GTX570. Past two releases 816 & 820, I have not been able to boot osx. Linux works fine but osx goes into restart loop.

I am wondering has the support for the older graphic cards been removed from osmosis? Would appreciate it the developer can have a look at it. 

Cheers,

Does anyone else getting low Geekbench scores with this one, next to Chameleon or Clover?

Normally a i7 3770 with 16GB/1600Mhz should get a score of 14000 without DSDT, and 14200-14600 with DSDT and SSDT.

Here i get around 13800-13900 only, with and without DSDT. Also, my 2600k is getting a ridiculous score of 6000 instead of 12800...

So far so good gents, excellent posts by everyone. Off to try to install Mavericks!

Oops no iMessage yet!

Edit:  Working forgot I have a i3 not i5 in one of the machines I had to use Imac12.1 in my nvram settings.

And I lost VDA vdadecoding :(

snakeman

Still a great Bios Modd

Hello,

Have rev 938 in bios and works.

00:000 00:000 Ozmosis 1.01.0828 RELEASE (2013-10-31 19:58:45 VS2012x86) on 2013-11-09 08:46:49

--

03:905 00:000 Loaded FakeSMC.Rev-5.3.938 (DADE1001-1B31-4FE4-8557-26FCEFC78275) [plist][x86_64]
03:906 00:000 Loaded CPUSensors.Rev-5.3.938 (DADE1006-1B31-4FE4-8557-26FCEFC78275) [plist][x86_64]
03:906 00:000 Loaded FakeSMCKeyStore.Rev-5.3.938 (DADE1007-1B31-4FE4-8557-26FCEFC78275) [plist][x86_64]
03:908 00:001 Loaded GPUSensors.Rev-5.3.938 (DADE1008-1B31-4FE4-8557-26FCEFC78275) [plist][x86_64]
03:910 00:002 Loaded LPCSensors.Rev-5.3.938 (DADE1009-1B31-4FE4-8557-26FCEFC78275) [plist][x86_64]

Fred