HP Envy 17t-j000 Quad (Haswell) + 10.8.5/10.9.5/10.10.x/10.11.x/10.12.x/10.13.x/10.14.x

gygabyte666

1,321 posts in this topic

Really sorry that required you to do that, i will try it myself, but i'm not sure, how to check if the DSDT/SSDT was loaded or a methode was called by using IOReg?

You can use IORegistryExplorer to save a copy of your ioreg (make sure to use v2.x, not v3.x).

You can check for yourself by looking under AppleACPIPlatformExpert and verify the SSDT/DSDT is present in the ioreg. You can also check what the bootloader is loading with 'bdmesg'.

hi mates,

i have hp Envy j044CA i couldn't do my dsdt fix, i have 174 errors from the extracted dsdt from DSDT Edit,  After i clicked fix errors i only got 3 errors left but could not fix it at all Please will you fix the erros that i was trying to fix it for 2 days now. Thank you in advance

this is my dsdt.dsl and ioreg file :

System DSDT.zip

HpJ044CAioReg.zip

hi mates,

i have hp Envy j044CA i couldn't do my dsdt fix, i have 174 errors from the extracted dsdt from DSDT Edit,  After i clicked fix errors i only got 3 errors left but could not fix it at all Please will you fix the erros that i was trying to fix it for 2 days now. Thank you in advance

this is my dsdt.dsl and ioreg file :

There are only two "real" errors in this DSDT (using ACPI 4.0 compiler). The errors are no doubt due to improper disassembly (eg. without SSDT using '-e' to iasl). Remove lines 14847-14850 and 14913-14916.

There are only two "real" errors in this DSDT (using ACPI 4.0 compiler). The errors are no doubt due to improper disassembly (eg. without SSDT using '-e' to iasl). Remove lines 14847-14850 and 14913-14916.

i am not good with this dsdt editing, i think i won't be able to do RehabMan i needed to fix this error so i can patch it with your repo cause the pc is working without dsdt but i need it for battery and other patch...... Can you fix it for me please!

@gygabyte666

Can you boot (using Clover) "without caches"? I'm having some issues where I can only boot if I have a kernel cache (and use it).

See here for some discussion/background: http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2562&st=11800&p=37514&&do=findComment&comment=37514

Since your computer is very similar... wondering if you have the same issue (note you must have FSInject-64.efi to be able force cacheless boot).

Just to update on this a bit. I recently ran into this issue myself. I seem to have fixed it by deleting all the boot cache files and remaking them. They are located in S/L/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/* Maybe this will help you if you are still having problems.

I saw in the very beginig there was talk of MODEL:M7-J010DX SUPPORT. 

I was wondering what was going on w/ that.

Is there any support on that?

Thanks, 

__

ERK

I don't recall ever seeing that model discussed here. Be more specific or show the post in question.

I did but still have 3 errors that I can't fix it. I wonder why no one is answering me I have j044 laptop that is  17 inch with i5-4200M cpu.

I can boot pre installed windows and Mavricks from Legacy boot without any DSDT but still need to fix my dsdt for Battery and audio IDT codec 111D 76E0

I wonder all experts disappeared now and no one here to help. RehabMan Is nice but he never answer a question straight he only gives links and I should discover the answer 

I did but still have 3 errors that I can't fix it. I wonder why no one is answering me I have j044 laptop that is 17 inch with i5-4200M cpu.

I can boot pre installed windows and Mavricks from Legacy boot without any DSDT but still need to fix my dsdt for Battery and audio IDT codec 111D 76E0

I wonder all experts disappeared now and no one here to help. RehabMan Is nice but he never answer a question straight he only gives links and I should discover the answer

RehabMan is providing you with hints to help you find the answers for yourself. If hand holding is what you're looking for, you're in here for the wrong reasons.

I did but still have 3 errors that I can't fix it. I wonder why no one is answering me I have j044 laptop that is  17 inch with i5-4200M cpu.

I can boot pre installed windows and Mavricks from Legacy boot without any DSDT but still need to fix my dsdt for Battery and audio IDT codec 111D 76E0

I wonder all experts disappeared now and no one here to help. RehabMan Is nice but he never answer a question straight he only gives links and I should discover the answer

Saying you "still have 3 errors" is meaningless. Post the actual DSDT causing the errors, otherwise you're wasting your time typing these words.

• Like 1

This was my question. Was it ever answered?

How's everything going with this? I just bought an HP Envy touchsmart m7-j010dx (rather similar to your model it would appear, though my graphics are integrated HD4600 ugh) I'm hoping to experiment with hackintoshing this, it will be my 3rd laptop I've tried with. The previous were a toshiba satellite I bought 4 years ago and ran SL on (with no luck on QE/CI) the second was a Qosmio I got earlier this year, and couldn't get my GPU to play nice with ML... Luckily (I suppose) the qosmio overheated and shutdown so often that I complained to toshiba and they were no help, then I called Tiger and they made an exception and accepted it for return (4 months after purchase) so now I have this envy, and it looks quite a bit like it wishes it were a 17" macbook pro. So I feel I would like to try to grant my laptop it's wish. HAHAHA

This was my question. Was it ever answered?

The only thing I can tell you to do is try. Test it out for yourself and see where you end up. I don't really see how you expected anyone to answer this though. Clearly, none of us have done any testing using that model since we don't have it to test with. If you had checked through the thread, you would have seen that. Based on your question, I can only assume you didn't. If you do decide to test it yourself, I wish you luck.

The only thing I can tell you to do is try. Test it out for yourself and see where you end up. I don't really see how you expected anyone to answer this though. Clearly, none of us have done any testing using that model since we don't have it to test with. If you had checked through the thread, you would have seen that. Based on your question, I can only assume you didn't. If you do decide to test it yourself, I wish you luck.

I do indeed plan to try. As I really dislike Windows 8 and Above.

This confuses me. Unless you are referring to 8.1 as "above", this makes no sense. Regardless, Windows 7 is an option. ;p

Exactly What I meant.

I attempted to install the os, with no luck, I'm getting this error <----(Is a link to the error, Other wise It wouldn't let me post it.)

I've followed the guide to the T. What should I / could I do now?

Thanks.

Exactly What I meant.

I attempted to install the os, with no luck, I'm getting this error <----(Is a link to the error, Other wise It wouldn't let me post it.)

I've followed the guide to the T. What should I / could I do now?

Thanks.

Looks like you're using AppleIntelCPUPowerManagment.kext from 10.8.4 (v196). That will not work. 10.8.4 has no support for Haswell CPUs, thus the panic. If you're not using XCPM (kernel PM), you need to at least use AICPUPM from 10.8.4 (v216). If you instead use patched mach_kernel (to enable XCPM) then AICPUPM will not load.

Looks like you're using AppleIntelCPUPowerManagment.kext from 10.8.4 (v196). That will not work. 10.8.4 has no support for Haswell CPUs, thus the panic. If you're not using XCPM (kernel PM), you need to at least use AICPUPM from 10.8.4 (v216). If you instead use patched mach_kernel (to enable XCPM) then AICPUPM will not load.

Sorry for being so dumb, but how do I fix it? 

Sorry for being so dumb, but how do I fix it?

Since you must be using an "XCPM free" mach_kernel, you have two choices:

- use a patched kernel with XCPM enabled. In this case, AICPUPM will not load.

- use 10.8.5 version of AICPUPM.

I couldn't fix DSDT i have here, i still have 3 errors only after fixing all other errors that i had, will someOne please be nice and fix it for me Please

thank you and Merry Christmas

Remove lines 14844-14847

Remove lines 14910-14913

Set MaciASL preferences to ACPI 4.0.

Since you must be using an "XCPM free" mach_kernel, you have two choices:

- use a patched kernel with XCPM enabled. In this case, AICPUPM will not load.

- use 10.8.5 version of AICPUPM.

I still can't seem to comprehend how to do this. I feel like an epic noob. I'm sorry for being so difficult.

I've read the guides a lot of times, but in theory I'm still missing something. Where do I find the kernel. 

How do I insert it into the chameleon on the usb... etc... 

Thank so much, and happy holidays!

I still can't seem to comprehend how to do this. I feel like an epic noob. I'm sorry for being so difficult.

I've read the guides a lot of times, but in theory I'm still missing something. Where do I find the kernel. 

How do I insert it into the chameleon on the usb... etc... 

Thank so much, and happy holidays!

The kernel is the file named mach_kernel in the root. eg... /mach_kernel

The kernel is the file named mach_kernel in the root. eg... /mach_kernel

Could I possibly ask for the actual links?

I tried a kernel on the main page, it took me to a different screen but still failed fast.

I do apologize for being such an inconvenience.

Thanks again,

Eric

----

[update]

I found ---

Now this is happening: 

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-ykd3CbAHLQw/UrvNLNjhskI/AAAAAAAAM3o/s3BaxGz8PUk/w1032-h774-no/2013-12-25

[update2]

I got it to boot past the apple screen, but then it just reboots, INSTANTLY. It finishes loading and the goes to boot into windows 8.1 (Thinking I still have the wrong kernel.)

Could I possibly ask for the actual links?

I tried a kernel on the main page, it took me to a different screen but still failed fast.

I do apologize for being such an inconvenience.

Thanks again,

Eric

----

[update]

I found ---

Now this is happening: 

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-ykd3CbAHLQw/UrvNLNjhskI/AAAAAAAAM3o/s3BaxGz8PUk/w1032-h774-no/2013-12-25

[update2]

I got it to boot past the apple screen, but then it just reboots, INSTANTLY. It finishes loading and the goes to boot into windows 8.1 (Thinking I still have the wrong kernel.)

You probably have not patched the kernel correctly. Many computers (especially HPs) will need both XCPM and lapic patch. Make sure you start with vanilla kernel, then apply both perl scripts to patch it. Verify that it is changed with each step by getting the md5 sum ('md5 mach_kernel' in Terminal).

The error above you show is usually related to trying to use an invalid DSDT. The common mistake is saving a text file as DSDT.aml and using that as a DSDT (DSDTs must be compiled... a text file is not a valid DSDT).

You probably have not patched the kernel correctly. Many computers (especially HPs) will need both XCPM and lapic patch. Make sure you start with vanilla kernel, then apply both perl scripts to patch it. Verify that it is changed with each step by getting the md5 sum ('md5 mach_kernel' in Terminal).

The error above you show is usually related to trying to use an invalid DSDT. The common mistake is saving a text file as DSDT.aml and using that as a DSDT (DSDTs must be compiled... a text file is not a valid DSDT).

I have no clue how to do this. My research didn't yield anything useful. Sorry.