Success - Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H Mavericks DP2 Haswell Hackintosh

gaspimp

248 posts in this topic

You can see how it jumps from 8 to 34 in your case and is missing a whole bunch in between. That is not how it should be (NOT normal). 

Someone made an in depth blog post explaining the issue - pikeralpha.wordpress.com/2013/10/05/xnu-cpu-power-management/

Check it out :)

Hi, 

im also trying to install Mavericks GM on GA-Z87X-UD3H (with Intel 4600 graphic),

i followed the instructions with kexts above, but i can't get into the install screen.

it must be with AppleHDA i guess, i put the kext's in System-Library-Extensions, both AppleHDA & HDAEnabler1, i did also chmod 755 for both.

MRC Framework successfully initialized

using 16384 buffer headers and 18240 cluster III buffer headers

IOAPIC: Version 0x20 Vectors 64:87

RCPI: sleep states S3 S4 S5

pcl (build 22:16:29 Sep 19 2813). flags 0x63888. pfm64 (39 cpu) 0x7f00000000. Ox00001

Pipple16X5O1ICPI1: Identified Serial Port on RCPI Device=URR1

Rpple16X5OURRTSync1: Detected 165588F/C/CF FIF0=16 Mbix8aud=115200

I PCI configuration begin

console relocated to 8x7f80088888 I

PCI configuration end. bridges 7. devices 14

Kext com.apple.driver.RppleM011Controller - library kext coe.apple.loktt.10(kvphIcsFam

HWSensors Project Copyright 2813 netkas, slice. usr-sse2. kozlek. nevi. THe KING.

FakeSMCDevice: 15 preconflgured keys added

SMC: successfully Initialized

CPUSensors: (Fatal] Found unsupported Intel processor. using default Timex

CPUSansors: CPU family 8x6. model Ox3c, stepping 0x3, cores 16. Um-GRIMM 16. TJmax

SuperIODevice: found ITE ITIMOF on port=0x29 address=Oxa30

Can't load kext com.apple.driver.AppleHMCCantroller - failed to resolve library .r.

Kext com.apple.driver.AppleHDACOntroller failed to load (OmAAMM000).

Failed to load kext com.apple.driver.OppleMMIController (error Oxdc00660e).

Kext com.appLe.driver.AppleHDAController might not Load - kext Is currently unavallab

HDAEnabler: Copyright © 2000 by Kabyl

HDAEndbler: 05/05/2006 lidded SP-Rudlo support by Taruga

HDAEnabler: 83/97/2009 Complied for 32/64-bit by Taruga

Couldn't alloc class -HppleHDAControllerm I

TIE17xWSensorst started

HDAEnabler: Copyright V-

Anybody has some idea?

I used OCR reading for the screenshot, so not all letters are translated correctly ;)

Hi, 

im also trying to install Mavericks GM on GA-Z87X-UD3H (with Intel 4600 graphic),

i followed the instructions with kexts above, but i can't get into the install screen.

it must be with AppleHDA i guess, i put the kext's in System-Library-Extensions, both AppleHDA & HDAEnabler1, i did also chmod 755 for both.

MRC Framework successfully initialized

using 16384 buffer headers and 18240 cluster III buffer headers

IOAPIC: Version 0x20 Vectors 64:87

RCPI: sleep states S3 S4 S5

pcl (build 22:16:29 Sep 19 2813). flags 0x63888. pfm64 (39 cpu) 0x7f00000000. Ox00001

Pipple16X5O1ICPI1: Identified Serial Port on RCPI Device=URR1

Rpple16X5OURRTSync1: Detected 165588F/C/CF FIF0=16 Mbix8aud=115200

I PCI configuration begin

console relocated to 8x7f80088888 I

PCI configuration end. bridges 7. devices 14

Kext com.apple.driver.RppleM011Controller - library kext coe.apple.loktt.10(kvphIcsFam

HWSensors Project Copyright 2813 netkas, slice. usr-sse2. kozlek. nevi. THe KING.

FakeSMCDevice: 15 preconflgured keys added

SMC: successfully Initialized

CPUSensors: (Fatal] Found unsupported Intel processor. using default Timex

CPUSansors: CPU family 8x6. model Ox3c, stepping 0x3, cores 16. Um-GRIMM 16. TJmax

SuperIODevice: found ITE ITIMOF on port=0x29 address=Oxa30

Can't load kext com.apple.driver.AppleHMCCantroller - failed to resolve library .r.

Kext com.apple.driver.AppleHDACOntroller failed to load (OmAAMM000).

Failed to load kext com.apple.driver.OppleMMIController (error Oxdc00660e).

Kext com.appLe.driver.AppleHDAController might not Load - kext Is currently unavallab

HDAEnabler: Copyright © 2000 by Kabyl

HDAEndbler: 05/05/2006 lidded SP-Rudlo support by Taruga

HDAEnabler: 83/97/2009 Complied for 32/64-bit by Taruga

Couldn't alloc class -HppleHDAControllerm I

TIE17xWSensorst started

HDAEnabler: Copyright V-

Anybody has some idea?

I used OCR reading for the screenshot, so not all letters are translated correctly ;)

Do the install first. Add sound after first boot into the new install.

Make sure to chmod -R 755 and chown -R root:wheel all kexts before moving them to their desired locations.

• Like 1

First of all - I just wanted to thank everyone in this post, the forum and the community.  I have learned a lot and do appreciate the help.

My Build:  ga-z87x-ud3h, I7-4770K, 8 Gb 1333mhz Ram, ATI 5770, Dell Monitor connected via DVI, 2-2Tb HD one with Win 8 the other for OSX, and a 3rd 3TB HD for storage.  I have ethernet working, sound, Graphics full resolution QE/CI enabled. 

My problem is with iTunes

I have seen some similar posts about this but no real answers. I am unsure if this is purely an iTunes issues, as I also have a Freenas box which is also for storage/data.  I also have a MacBook Pro which is use when i'm not on my desktop.

When trying to play Movies D/L from iTunes with the DRM protection - they will not play on my Hack (works fine on my macbook), and it doesn't play on my home sharing devices (i.e. may apple tv).  

However - if I use something like AirVideoServer - and use my ipad to play those same files it work.

Trying to open the files on the Hack - copied locally, and then tried to play in iTunes - I just get a blank screen.  The play/timer bar shows up, but the movie just doesn't play.  I do NOT get an authorization error.  Trying to open the same file in quicktime - I get a "cannot decode - please close all other apps trying to decode" error.

My second issue.  My media library is on my Nas.  I have iTunes - using a symbolic link - pointing to my Nas to store all the movies I have on iTunes, as well as music purchased.  When trying to download a new movie, my internet connection drops, and when it drops - it will not reconnect.  I am plugged into a gigabit switch which is connected to my Airport Extreme.  All other iCloud stuff works, copying files directly to the NAS works, it is just downloading from iTunes will crash my ethernet (i.e. Web --> straight to Nas via iTunes).  I am using the ethernet drivers provided here, as well as all the other Kexts, everything else works fine otherwise

So to summarize

Itunes - won't play DRM movies (non-DRM work fine).  Cannot save movies downloaded from iTunes to my Nas without crashing ethernet.  Using AFP protocol - happened with SMB as well. 

HomeSharing Not working.

I suck at explaining things - so I am sorry.....if this is wordy.

Thanks again for your help

gup

Do the install first. Add sound after first boot into the new install.

Make sure to chmod -R 755 and chown -R root:wheel all kexts before moving them to their desired locations.[/size]

Hi kryten,

I can't get to the install screen it just hangs on the final line

Best regards

Hi kryten,

I can't get to the install screen it just hangs on the final line

Best regards

Create your install media again without the audio kext (e.g. modified AppleHDA and HDAEnabler1 kext). Or remove the two audio kext from the install media and put the original AppleHDA kext back (you did make a copy of the original right?) rebuild cache with MyHack (e.g. quick fix) for example. Don't know what you're using to create the install media but you only need FakeSMC kext to install.

• Like 1

Hi Kryten, 

got it to work now, finally, many thanks to all.

Still have two more issues thats the audio and the 4600 graphics.

For the solution would it work if i use a dsdt from someone with the same motherboard and install it with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]?

GA z87x-UD3H (using i7 4770 with internal graphics)

Kind Regards

I got mine fully working.

For audio issues, here's from squadseven of tonymak's (credit goes to him):

Assuming you have EXACTLY THE SAME MOTHERBOARD AS ME:

1. Visit here and download the zip file ("Download ZIP" Button on the right)
2. Visit here and download the zip file ("Download ZIP" Button on the right)
3. Unzip both .zip files
4. Choose HDAENabler1.kext and install using any kext installer.
5. From the second zip, run audio_alc898-85_patch.command by double clicking it. Enter password when prompted.
6. Restart.

For HD4600, add the following lines to org.chameleon.bool.plist in the Extra folder:

<key>IGPlatformID</key>
<string>0c260000</string>
<key>IGPenabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>

Hope this helps.

This is what i have in my Boot.plist.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>GenerateCStates</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>GeneratePStates</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>IGPenabler</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>IGPlatformID</key>

<string>0c260000</string>

<key>IntelAzulFB</key>

<string>10</string>

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>mach_kernel</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>darkwake=0</string>

<key>Legacy Logo</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>Timeout</key>

<string>2</string>

<key>UseKernelCache</key>

<string>Yes</string>

</dict>

</plist>

What bootloader are you using? Chimera or Chameleon? Looking at your org.chameleon.Boot.plist you're mixing/using boot keys from both of them. Don't do that.

Chimera :

<key>IGPEnabler</key>
 <string>Yes</string>

Chameleon :

<key>IntelAzulFB</key>
<string>10</string>

I have almost the same installation. GA-Z87X-UD3H, F7 Bios, i5 4670, TP Link TL-WDN4800.

Installation was a breeze and everything works except for the WiFi.

WiFi shows connected but there is no internet connection.

Any Ideas on that?

Thank you very much for this topic!

All works very well!

Small tip:

in normal situation Mac OS not started with enabled VT-d techology.

For starting with this techology we must use flags dart=0 and darkwake=0

I do not know what this options really do. I found info about this options here: https://github.com/tkrotoff/Gigabyte-GA-Z77-DS3H-rev1.1-Hackintosh/issues/1

But it works well.

P.S.

Sorry for bag english.

Just a reminder, Don't use SSDTPRGen with HASWELL but only with Sandy and IvyBridge ...

it recognize well the CPU but remove Sleep and add C-STate Freeze...

Hi bazilato, I just tried SSDTPRGen for me to  boot OSX86 when overclocked. Currently, my 4770K is OCd to 4.5GHz. after the SSDTPRGen, I successfully booted with this details:

Hardware Overview:

Model Name:    iMac

Model Identifier:    iMac13,2

Processor Name:    Intel Core i7

Processor Speed:    4.5 GHz

BTW, my sleep still works, speedstep works. During SSDT creation here's the log:

sdtPRGen.sh v6.7 Copyright © 2013 by Pike R. Alpha

----------------------------------------------------------------

Processor Declaration(s) Found in DSDT (ACPI 1.0 compliant)

Generating ssdt_pr.dsl for a iMac13,2 [Mac-F42C88C8]

Haswell Core i7-4770K processor [0x306C3] setup [0x0701]

With a maximum TDP of 84 Watt, as specified by Intel

Override value: Max Turbo Frequency, now using: 4700 MHz!

Number logical CPU's: 8 (Core Frequency: 3500 MHz)

Number of Turbo States: 12 (3600-4700 MHz)

Number of P-States: 40 (800-4700 MHz)

Injected C-States for CPU0 (C1,C3,C6)

Injected C-States for CPU1 (C1,C2,C3)

Haswell is already supported :) Hope this helps.

Hi bazilato, I just tried SSDTPRGen for me to  boot OSX86 when overclocked. Currently, my 4770K is OCd to 4.5GHz. after the SSDTPRGen, I successfully booted with this details:

Hardware Overview:

Model Name:    iMac

Model Identifier:    iMac13,2

Processor Name:    Intel Core i7

Processor Speed:    4.5 GHz

BTW, my sleep still works, speedstep works. During SSDT creation here's the log:

sdtPRGen.sh v6.7 Copyright © 2013 by Pike R. Alpha

Generating ssdt_pr.dsl for a iMac13,2 [Mac-F42C88C8]

Haswell Core i7-4770K processor [0x306C3] setup [0x0701]

Override value: Max Turbo Frequency, now using: 4700 MHz!

Number of Turbo States: 12 (3600-4700 MHz)

Number of P-States: 40 (800-4700 MHz)

Haswell is already supported :) Hope this helps.

I'm using the same method as you. My problem is that I've got only two P-States working (8x and 35x). Another problem is that I've to disable C1E, C3, C6 and C7 states in bios because with them on I get many freezes. I could not figure why. I mean these C-states are meant to be enabled...

My board is z87x-ud4h, but is very similar to z87x-ud3h.

This is the output of SSDTPRGen:

(I'm using iMac14,2 SMBIOS because they are haswell based)

Generating ssdt_pr.dsl for a iMac14,2 [Mac-27ADBB7B4CEE8E61]
Haswell Core i7-4770K processor [0x306C3] setup [0x0705]
Number of Turbo States: 4 (3600-3900 MHz)
Number of P-States: 32 (800-3900 MHz)
  • Like 1

I have the same thing as you guys 

however I want to point out something to you. It seems that C-States are not correctly injected by SSDTPRGEN...

SSDTPrGen still need to be twiked but PIke is far away from us right now and just before he left he discovered a real clue that AppleCPUMangement.kext is not used anymore with 10.9.

In fact when you disable C1E, C2, C ....it is using it just take a look at HWMONITOR and you see ...

The new Mavericks kernel has power management moved down into the kernel. In the past, we patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement to avoid the kernel writing to locked CPU MSRs (machine specific registers, credit RevoGirl). And Pike has not changed SSDTPrGen regarding what he found because he was leaving for personnal reason...

I can tell you that with a GA Z87X-OC and a i5 I have many freezes and I'm losing sleep when I use SSDTPRGEN with 10.9 and my board...

As soon as I use GENERATED P-STATE and Disable C-State in Bios everything is working fine but I know that this need to be fixed because this is completely not a vanilla install.

WHy I'm losing Sleep with SSDTPrGEN no one was able to answer to that around the world... haha lets wait for Pike and we will see

• Like 1

Hi, I am a noob at building a Hackintosh but I am good with computers... I have the following configuration

Gigabyte - Z87X-UD3H

and I am using onboard graphics...

I have successfully installed mavericks using [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] I got everything to work... (whatever I have come across so far) but I cannot get the boot loader to work.. I used [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] Chimera and Chameleon.. but i don't get a boot screen.. the only way I can boot is using the [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] usb i made for installation

I get nothing on the screen, I don't think i even get a signal .. cuz the screen shuts off.. I tried uefi and non but same with both... please help...

I could have left out something very simple.. I am not very familiar with osx just started using it about a year ago.. basic use...

any help is appreciated. 

thanks

ricky