Success - Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H Mavericks DP2 Haswell Hackintosh

gaspimp

248 posts in this topic

Ok. What do you speak? Parla Italaino? hablas español, Voce fala portuges? Parle vou Francais?

I prefer speaking in Thailand. Because I was Thailand.
Now, I gather, then, will guide for you.

I've tried install kext in different ways.

Can someone explain hoy to install a kext step by step without any application? (And delete one please).

Appears to be a lot of people don't understand the precious files atached in this forum.

Thanks a lot!

• 2 weeks later...

how to make intel HD4600 works with SSDT ? or how to inject Device (IGPU) in SSDT ?

I am interested in this as well.

I have a Z87X-UD3H and ATI HD4890 and can't get past [PCI Configuration Begin] with my video card in, I can boot to safe mode using the internal graphics. Any suggestions? I've tried all of the GraphicEnabler, PCIRootUID, and npci flags and combos.

I am interested in this as well.

I have a Z87X-UD3H and ATI HD4890 and can't get past [PCI Configuration Begin] with my video card in, I can boot to safe mode using the internal graphics. Any suggestions? I've tried all of the GraphicEnabler, PCIRootUID, and npci flags and combos.

you can use QE_CI Exotic Patch for ur ATI4890 ... it works in all ATI HD 48xx series cards .. and use latest 

Chameleon 2.2 svn r2262 it works great with Intel HD4600 adding this chameleon settings

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>IntelAzulFB</key>

<string>10</string>

change number 10 in IntelAzulFb from 1 to 15 to make hd4600 working 

goodluck

• Like 2

you can use QE_CI Exotic Patch for ur ATI4890 ... it works in all ATI HD 48xx series cards .. and use latest 

Chameleon 2.2 svn r2262 it works great with Intel HD4600 adding this chameleon settings

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>IntelAzulFB</key>

<string>10</string>

change number 10 in IntelAzulFb from 1 to 15 to make hd4600 working 

goodluck

Number 8 seems to work for me, thanks! 10 gave a grey screen with just a mouse cursor.

As for my ATI card, I tried using the exotics patch and it made no difference. I'll check the kext manually.

• Like 1

Number 8 seems to work for me, thanks! 10 gave a grey screen with just a mouse cursor.

As for my ATI card, I tried using the exotics patch and it made no difference. I'll check the kext manually.

U can try adding ur device ID in amd4800conttoller then rebuild cache and GE=yes

• Like 2

U can try adding ur device ID in amd4800conttoller then rebuild cache and GE=yes

That worked, it let me boot and gave me full 2560x1440 but no QE/CI, then I tried the exotic kexts again (which includes ATIRadeonX2000.kext) and everything works, QE/CI and full resolution. I must have not installed the kexts correctly last time :$. 

That worked, it let me boot and gave me full 2560x1440 but no QE/CI, then I tried the exotic kexts again (which includes ATIRadeonX2000.kext) and everything works, QE/CI and full resolution. I must have not installed the kexts correctly last time :$. 

i am glad it worked ;)

• Like 2

i am glad it worked ;)

I'm really happy with this motherboard, seems to work very well with OS X.

The only minor issue is that there is a buzzing sound (noise on the line) when there is no sound played for a bit. I remembering having a similar issue on my previous desktop and did fix it somehow. I think it was something to do with preventing the sound card from going to sleep. I'll do some research and if I find a solution, I will post it in this thread.

Thanks to the OP and everyone else who has contributed, keep up the awesome work!

The only minor issue is that there is a buzzing sound (noise on the line) when there is no sound played for a bit. I remembering having a similar issue on my previous desktop and did fix it somehow. 

Would that have something to do with power management of the audio device? Maybe change the system definition. 

Would that have something to do with power management of the audio device? Maybe change the system definition. 

Yep, that's what did the trick. I set it to MacPro3,1. No more buzzing.

Now, I've noticed a different issue, I don't think it is related to the system definition change because it seemed to be happening before. As soon as I open Safari, it uses up all of my RAM. OS X starts complaining after a bit that there is no RAM. I have 8GB and nothing else open. As soon as I close Safari, the RAM usage goes back down to normal. Anyone else having this issue?  I'm using DP7.

what you mean? my usb have only 1 partition.

This pen work perfect on other hacks i have

if it works with other hacks then it should work with this mobo , 

and yes use latest chameleon bootloader ..u are just missing something easy double check

Hey guys, I just found this thread. I also have a ga-z87x-ud3h mb with a nvidia gtx570 gfx card. I have been patiently waiting for osx 10.8.5 to be released before I try and migrate my older ga-x58a-ud3h motherboard to this new one. My question is I did a quick boot of my new system using the DP1 of mavericks for testing and got stuck at a black screen, I following the instruction from the first post in this thread on building a usb mavericks boot stick. Now I have "not" updated the bios yet to the latest F6 or the new F7 version from gigabyte. Is there an issue with older bios files and chameleon/mavericks ?? Also are most of you using a ddst file or are you needing this if you are using a external video card and not the built-in video? 

Thanks for any info. Doug

if it works with other hacks then it should work with this mobo , 

and yes use latest chameleon bootloader ..u are just missing something easy double check

Do you have this board? Maybe is some config in Bios. Using a sata disk partition i can boot.

I d like to ear some one with the same bord (F7 Bios) boot with any pen.

Problem solved :)

Was a bios configuration, i have forced a SD card reader to be treated as CD-ROM. For some reason all usb devices (drives) were treat as CD-ROM too.

After put it to auto, everything is working now :D

Great, one problem solved

Mavericks installation:

After some work around with Graphics, i found that my GTX 670 only boot with GraphicsEnabler=No and using only one Display connected to DVI-Port.

Cheers

Problem solved :)

Was a bios configuration, i have forced a SD card reader to be treated as CD-ROM. For some reason all usb devices (drives) were treat as CD-ROM too.

After put it to auto, everything is working now :D

Great, one problem solved

Mavericks installation:

After some work around with Graphics, i found that my GTX 670 only boot with GraphicsEnabler=No and using only one Display connected to DVI-Port.

Cheers

haha i knew it is just something  easy u left behind , goodluck with other stuff i have no experience in GTX ;)

Hi I buy today gtx 680 its work without patch or not ple help me