Success - Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H Mavericks DP2 Haswell Hackintosh

gaspimp

248 posts in this topic

@ gaspimp

The AppleHDA included still works for me under DP4. I'm only using the green output, haven't tested anything else.

Had to install it again though as it gets replaced by the update. Any chance on updating your first post with the final F6 BIOS?

Is this the F6 version with release date of 15-07-2013 on Gigabytes's site?

Gah, that worked and I had to go and update. The AppleHDA included in the pack on this thread doesn't see to work under DP4. Can anyone confirm?

edit: Got it, used the HDA+Enabler from this post:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/289812-applehda-patching-in-109-mavericks/page-5?do=findComment&comment=1930410

ugh, or not. I was doing the work via remote desktop and didn't realize the sound device was actually an airplay device, not may sound chip. Back to the drawing board...

edit2: alright, back on-location.  I ended up doing the following and confirmed sound coming out my speakers on 10.9 DP4: installed the 10.8.4 version of AppleHDA & HDAEnabler via [that tonymac product that installs drivers] *Then* I took the AppleHDA from this post and dropped it in. I think that means the HDAEnabler was the wrong layout or something?

Regardless, I have a fully working system now. You guys rule. (really, the tonymac editing is really annoying and inhibits discussion)

• Like 1

Hello everyone. I am currently building my first hackintosh and would love to get some feedback since you have very similar specs to what i have in mind.

1. Intel Core i7-4770/4770K
2. Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H Motherboard
3. EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 770 w/ ACX Cooler (2G, 1111MHz)
4. Intel 520 240GB SSD or Samsung 840 Pro 256GB?
5. Noctua NH-D14
6. Corsair Graphite 600T

Should i also install ML 10.8.4 or Mavericks DP? I want to use it as a daily driver until full native support is available.

Thanks in advance!

Thank You gaspimp. I had bios F4 fail load Update new Official Bios F6  , notice now they have F7a  may fix stepping ? lower less power CPU uses?    

I'm 10.9 DP4 sound works ,i message works , i was able to log in iCloud =)   about this mac , Mac Pro early 2008 

1. Intel Core i7-4770/4770K
2. Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H Motherboard
3. Gigabyte Nvidia GeForce GTX 6xxx 
4. Intel  120GB SSD
5. Mac Pro case
6. Corsair Graphite 500

Time to sell my old system still work 10.8.4 =) 

Hi guys, 

Sorry to bulge in here, especially since I'm so new, but I've been mainly been in read-only mode for quite a few days. 

I've tried myhack and the installer by chris111, but in the end I only managed to get the furthest with the gaspimp's guide (doing everything cleanly). I couldn't get past PCI Configuration begin for the life of me with my videocard, so I set my bios to use my integrate chipset instead.

After that I was getting stuck at "NVDAStartup: Official" so I removed all the nvda ktexts and now the NVDAStartup thing doesn't appear and instead I get stuck at:

"

Apple16X50UARTSync1: Detected 16550AF/C/CF FIFO=16 MaxBaud=115200 (/don't think this is related"

init

probe

start"

Really grateful for any help you can provide guys! I can't find much help on the forum or on google about this.

My rig is:

Z87X-UD3H

i5 4670

Gigabyte 460GTX

16gb GskillRam

Cheers,

Dan. 

Hi guys, 

Sorry to bulge in here, especially since I'm so new, but I've been mainly been in read-only mode for quite a few days. 

I've tried myhack and the installer by chris111, but in the end I only managed to get the furthest with the gaspimp's guide (doing everything cleanly). I couldn't get past PCI Configuration begin for the life of me with my videocard, so I set my bios to use my integrate chipset instead.

After that I was getting stuck at "NVDAStartup: Official" so I removed all the nvda ktexts and now the NVDAStartup thing doesn't appear and instead I get stuck at:

"

Apple16X50UARTSync1: Detected 16550AF/C/CF FIFO=16 MaxBaud=115200 (/don't think this is related"

init

probe

start"

Really grateful for any help you can provide guys! I can't find much help on the forum or on google about this.

My rig is:

Z87X-UD3H

i5 4670

Gigabyte 460GTX

16gb GskillRam

Cheers,

Dan. 

Try "-f npci0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=Yes"

Thanks Cobra. I managed to install DP1 but I was still having trouble booting in anything but -x.

So I updated to DP2 then installed Chameleon with only the kexts that gaspimp provided. 

I tried all possible boot flags and i even went as far as removing the graphics card. Yet I cannot make it book in anything but safe mode. 

Strangely enough, it seems to hang at different points, regardless of the flags I try (I've tried all combinations, but only -x gets me in). 

Any clues as to what I can try? I even left it with no kexts in extra - same thing. 

I'm pretty much running the same thing as you guys, do not understand what I'm missing. 

post-1196871-0-00519700-1375414765_thumb.jpg

post-1196871-0-79837600-1375414769_thumb.jpg

hey guys, I managed to make it work almost perfectly with Naidb's image (via PM).

The only problem that I'm having now is that

2. No sleep mode -  whenever it goes into sleep mode it doesn't wake up  :( only way i can get it out is to reset the CMOS (power off/reset still keeps it in standby mode). That sometimes messes my BIOS so when i try to boot into the installation after that i get the screen being all messed up so I need to reinstall again. 

1. imessage doesn't work (i tried the ethernet order thing - and app store, icloud works fine

Fixed with chameleon wizard (fileNVRAM.dylib in modules).

Any ideas!? To get it to work to this stage I basically used Naidb's files from the second page and his install.

iMessage is a known issue since 10.8.  I haven't tried this in 10.9 but it worked fine for me in 10.8:

IMESSAGES / MESSAGES FIX

Use the guide from this website to fix imessages problem.
- Use Chameleon Wizard to update /boot (does not affect our hackinstaller kexts or settings)
- Copy modules folder to /Extra
- Reboot and enjoy imessages

Credits: This Guide

hey guys, I managed to make it work almost perfectly with Naidb's image (via PM).

The only problem that I'm having now is that

2. No sleep mode -  whenever it goes into sleep mode it doesn't wake up  :( only way i can get it out is to reset the CMOS (power off/reset still keeps it in standby mode). That sometimes messes my BIOS so when i try to boot into the installation after that i get the screen being all messed up so I need to reinstall again. 

1. imessage doesn't work (i tried the ethernet order thing - and app store, icloud works fine

Fixed with chameleon wizard (fileNVRAM.dylib in modules).

Any ideas!? To get it to work to this stage I basically used Naidb's files from the second page and his install.

You need the DSDT.aml file on my card because my video card is HD5770.
Is a GTX 460, but it's your right to do with it.
Good luck

Edited DSDT.aml from this position.

Device (P0P2)
            {
                Name (_ADR, 0x00010000)
                Method (_PRT, 0, NotSerialized)
                {
                    If (PICM)
                    {
                        Return (AR02 ())
                    }
                    Return (PR02 ())
                }
                Device (GFX0)
                {
                    Name (_ADR, Zero)
                    Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
                    {
                        Store (Package (0x10)
                            {
                                "AAPL,slot-name", 
                                Buffer (0x08)
                                {
                                    "PCIex16"
                                }, 
                                "device-id", 
                                Buffer (0x04)
                                {
                                     0xB8, 0x68, 0x00, 0x00
                                }, 
                                "@0,name", 
                                Buffer (0x0D)
                                {
                                    "ATY,Vervet"
                                }, 
                                "@1,name", 
                                Buffer (0x0D)
                                {
                                    "ATY,Vervet"
                                }, 
                                "@2,name", 
                                Buffer (0x0D)
                                {
                                    "ATY,Vervet"
                                }, 
                                "@3,name", 
                                Buffer (0x0D)
                                {
                                    "ATY,Vervet"
                                }, 
                                "model", 
                                Buffer (0x13)
                                {
                                    "ATI Radeon HD 5770"
                                }, 
                                "hda-gfx", 
                                Buffer (0x0A)
                                {
                                    "onboard-1"
                                }
                            }, Local0)
                        DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
                        Return (Local0)
                    }
                }
                Device (HDAU)
                {
                    Name (_ADR, One)
                    {
                        Store (Package (0x02)
                            {
                                "hda-gfx", 
                                Buffer (0x0A)
                                {
                                    "onboard-1"
                                }
                            }, Local0)
                        Return (Local0)
                    }
                }
            }

Replace

Device (GFX0)
                {
                    Name (_ADR, Zero)
                    Name (_SUN, One)
                    {
                        Store (Package (0x0E)
                            {
                                "AAPL,slot-name", 
                                "Slot-1", 
                                "name", 
                                "Display Controller", 
                                "@0,connector-type", 
                                Buffer (0x04)
                                {
                                     0x00, 0x08, 0x00, 0x00
                                }, 
                                "@1,connector-type", 
                                Buffer (0x04)
                                {
                                     0x00, 0x08, 0x00, 0x00
                                }, 
                                "@2,connector-type", 
                                Buffer (0x04)
                                {
                                     0x00, 0x08, 0x00, 0x00
                                }, 
                                "@3,connector-type", 
                                Buffer (0x04)
                                {
                                     0x00, 0x08, 0x00, 0x00
                                }, 
                                "hda-gfx", 
                                Buffer (0x0A)
                                {
                                    "onboard-1"
                                }
                            }, Local0)
                        Return (Local0)
                    }
                }
                Device (HDAU)
                {
                    Name (_ADR, One)
                    {
                        Store (Package (0x02)
                            {
                                "hda-gfx", 
                                Buffer (0x0A)
                                {
                                    "onboard-1"
                                }
                            }, Local0)
                        Return (Local0)
                    }
                }
            }

• Like 2

Thanks Cobra. I managed to install DP1 but I was still having trouble booting in anything but -x.

So I updated to DP2 then installed Chameleon with only the kexts that gaspimp provided. 

I tried all possible boot flags and i even went as far as removing the graphics card. Yet I cannot make it book in anything but safe mode. 

Strangely enough, it seems to hang at different points, regardless of the flags I try (I've tried all combinations, but only -x gets me in). 

Any clues as to what I can try? I even left it with no kexts in extra - same thing. 

I'm pretty much running the same thing as you guys, do not understand what I'm missing. 

sorry for my english, I have the same problem, I can only ent in safe boot, and i want to know how you solved it?

Is your monitor connected via VGA? In case it its, there's your answer.

Thanks for the reply.  I only have a DVI connection to the motherboard.  There is no VGA monitor connected.  I still can't figure what the conflict is.  Also, there is no discrete graphics card in the system.  Any other ideas?

Thanks for the reply.  I only have a DVI connection to the motherboard.  There is no VGA monitor connected.  I still can't figure what the conflict is.  Also, there is no discrete graphics card in the system.  Any other ideas?

I had that problem, and what happened was that I forgot to disable VT-d, now I can start normal, but I could not get detected Iris Pro

I had that problem, and what happened was that I forgot to disable VT-d, now I can start normal, but I could not get detected Iris Pro

My VT-d is already disabled. I haven't done any dsdt/ssdt injection to get the Hd4600 fully working. Will that result in the inability to boot without "-x"? Thanks!

[EDIT] Problem resolved.  It turns out the AppleIntelHD5000Graphics.kext was causing the problem.  Removing this kext allows me to boot into system without "-x".  Now, I need to add dsdt injection and put back the kext to get my HD4600 working.

Cobra, 

I don't have de injection. I'm downloading DP4 Full Instalation and all the Essencial like Chamaleon.

I have the same Motherboard as the beguinning of the forum. Maybe It's better start with a graphic card.

If you know something, great!

My VT-d is already disabled. I haven't done any dsdt/ssdt injection to get the Hd4600 fully working. Will that result in the inability to boot without "-x"? Thanks!

[EDIT] Problem resolved.  It turns out the AppleIntelHD5000Graphics.kext was causing the problem.  Removing this kext allows me to boot into system without "-x".  Now, I need to add dsdt injection and put back the kext to get my HD4600 working.

Phantom, wich software do you use for apply the injection to the graphic card? and which commands have you use when you boot? thanks!

Cobra,

I don't have de injection. I'm downloading DP4 Full Instalation and all the Essencial like Chamaleon.

I have the same Motherboard as the beguinning of the forum. Maybe It's better start with a graphic card.

If you know something, great!

Phantom, wich software do you use for apply the injection to the graphic card? and which commands have you use when you boot? thanks!

I haven't done the HD4600 injection yet. This is what I'm gonna do next. From my initial reading, it looks like I need to use Aida64 in Windows to generate the ssdt first.

This is the instruction Thank fo you

This is the instruction Thank fo you

Hi Naibd, you described a post about ML works in your Mobo. Can you take a walk in the ML forum and describe or check your method to work. We are a lot with the same Mobo without exit. Maybe you can do a good Guide for us. Share your result please! Thank you for your cooperation ;)

Hi Naibd, you described a post about ML works in your Mobo. Can you take a walk in the ML forum and describe or check your method to work. We are a lot with the same Mobo without exit. Maybe you can do a good Guide for us. Share your result please! Thank you for your cooperation ;)

Apologize
I do not know English. It is difficult to communicate with you.
I used Google Translate to help. I get to harass you.
Thank you. :blush:  :blush:

Apologize
I do not know English. It is difficult to communicate with you.
I used Google Translate to help. I get to harass you.
Thank you. :blush:  :blush:

Ok. What do you speak? Parla Italaino? hablas español, Voce fala portuges? Parle vou Francais?