Success - Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H Mavericks DP2 Haswell Hackintosh

gaspimp

248 posts in this topic

SUCCESS

After several hours and many cups of tea - 10.9 DP3 Running Core i7 4770, GeForce GTS 250

You need to disable VT-d, to avoid many SMC errors.

Hot plug turned off on all ports for faster boot.

Reached installer with -v -x

Installed on Plextor SSD 120Gb

First boot with: -v -x

Then update to DP2 -> DP3.

Install all kext from gaspimp's archive.

For working audio i install VoodooHDA (VoodooHDA-v2.8.4.pkg), then i replace VoodooHDA.kext with one i attached.

Safe mode can be reached with: -x GraphicsEnabler=Yes

Normal boot with: -f GraphicsEnabler=Yes

Everything works fine.

Good day. I have a similar system configuration. How did you start installation of OS? Could you please provide some basic steps? Thank you!

Good day. I have a similar system configuration. How did you start installation of OS? Could you please provide some basic steps? Thank you!

If you do this gaspimp and if you use your device near it. I have a solution for you. And ask you to reflect Spec. You let us know it very well.

Thank you.

• Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3 motherboard

Intel Core i5-4670K CPU

Team DDR3-2400 8192MB PC3-19200 (Kit of 2x4096) Xtreem LV

MSI GeForce 430 GT

SSD OCZ Vector 128GB 2.5" SATAIII MLC

I was wondering if anyone is familiar with CPUs marked with S index? How is the 65W TDP achieved on them?

Is it done just by limiting the nominal non-TB multiplier and undervolting the states to get this low wattage? Or are there any other means of getting to this low TDP?

I'm debating whether I should get an i5-4430 or an i5-4570S ?

I was wondering if anyone is familiar with CPUs marked with S index? How is the 65W TDP achieved on them?

Is it done just by limiting the nominal non-TB multiplier and undervolting the states to get this low wattage? Or are there any other means of getting to this low TDP?

https://github.com/Piker-Alpha/RevoBoot/tree/clang/i386/libsaio/acpi/Tools

• Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3 motherboard
  • Intel Core i5-4670K CPU
  • Team DDR3-2400 8192MB PC3-19200 (Kit of 2x4096) Xtreem LV
  • MSI GeForce 430 GT
  • SSD OCZ Vector 128GB 2.5" SATAIII MLC

What version you have installed some also.
View of Savannah spec you like I do. I do not use it.

Hi,

Installation was very fast and smooth however I can only boot with -v -f -x. Boot hangs at some bluetooth line.

When clicking on More Info... in About This Mac window I get logged out and have to log in again. I'm using everything

from the Z87XUD3H files v1.3.zip file from gaspimp.

I also have trouble getting the internal graphics on the cpu to work. Any help on with this would be appreciated.

Perhaps someone can provide a compiled dsdt.aml with the fix from post #5 in it. Naidb's dropbox link has nothing in it.

There seems to be a new beta bios for our MB e.g. F6q. Anyone tried it yet?

Thank you.

Specs :

MB : Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H F6L BIOS

CPU : Intel Core i7 4770K @ 3.5Ghz

Bootloader : Chameleon-2.2svn-r2254 

@ naidb

Thank you very much for the files. I don't have time right now to try them but I'll this evening.

One more question. Does the mach_kernel from the Extra-10.8x.zip file have Haswell support?

I'll let you know if all went well.

P States works very well.

Screen+Shot+2556-07-19+at+10.34.42+PM.pn

@ naidb

Thank you very much for the files. I don't have time right now to try them but I'll this evening.

One more question. Does the mach_kernel from the Extra-10.8x.zip file have Haswell support?

I'll let you know if all went well.

You try to 10.8.3-10.8.4. Updated to 10.8.5.
You can use the card to HD4600 as completely important.
I think that version 10.8x to slip over 10.9 DPx.

The F6 final BIOS for the UD3H has been released and works very well. I'll be updating the original post shortly to include it.

I did not stop it. Now the new driver comes out. It must change.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gxpb3n49mhp6yns/ssdtPRGen.zip

Thank by PikeRAlpha

Hi guys,

i have got a Z87X-UD3H, i managed to install mavericks via usb installer with GraphicsEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=1 -v; but now i can't get past the "Still waiting for Root Device". I have set my Sata Controller Mode to AHCI, enabled Hot Plug, disabled Intel Rapid Start.

What Bios Settings do you have set, and what could my problem be?

Problem solved :)

TIA

langweiler94

Hi, I can't get it to work, It's probably a simple mistake but I don't know. Here is what I did

On my SL VirtualBox hackintosh on another machine, I formatted my 8GB usb as Mac os x extended journaled with GUID partition table. I didn't see where to make sure it has a HFS+ partition so I assumed it did.

I then restored the OS X Base System to my USB. I think this changed it to Mac OS Extended.

I then copied packages from OS X Install ESD to the USB.   ***JUST REALISED I DIDNT DO THIS ONE, IS THAT THE SOURCE OF THE PROBLEM?***

Then I put mach_kernel from the attached files on the root of the usb.

I then installed chameleon to the USB, the latest one build ending in 54.

Then I made a folder in the root of the USB called Extra and put everything from the attachments that was suppost to go in there and I also put the Extra-Extensions stuff where it had to go.

Then I took out my USB put it in the computer and did all of the bios options on my UEFI bios, Then I changed the boot order to the non UEFI USB then the hard drive and rebooted.

All I saw was a flashing white line in the corner then windows booted.
What have I done wrong? I think the USB isnt bootable, how do I check this?

Can I force my system to boot to it so that it cant fall back on the HDD?

My motherboard is a gigabyte z87-hd3. CPU: i5-4670k and I want to use the integrated graphics.

Thanks guys.

Hi guys,

I got Mavericks dp1 to boot properly, using the myHack beta 8 USB creator. However, I cannot get LAN and Audio to work. I have installed the kexts both manually and using Kext Utility 2 (I read that Kext Utility was listed as an incompatible recommended utility for 10.9 so I installed them manually first), but they didn't work, even when I tried booting using UseKernelCache=No. I did not install the DTST to make HD4600 work fully, but I don't think that's what's stopping the LAN and Audio kexts from working.

Mobo: Gigabyte Z87X-UD5H, CPU: i7-4770k, GPU: GTX 680

I have made sure Network Stack is disabled in the BIOS. I am not using the beta bios, I'm using the version that came with the mobo (F5)

Kexts in Extra/Extensions (all of which were bundled with myHack with the exception of the LAN kext): AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext, AppleIntelE1000e.kext (the LAN kext), ApplePS2Controller.kext, FakeSMC, lspcidrv.kext, NullCPUPowerManagement.kext, Patched_10.7_AppleRTC.kext

I am rather new to this, so simple answers would be appreciated   :D

Thank you! :)

Hello all,

I have just recently built my first hackinotsh with the GA-Z87X-UD3H and Core i7-4770.  I have managed to install Mavericks DP1 using the guide, but I cannot get IGFX to work. I read up about injecting AAPL,ig-platform-id but am still confused about the process.  If someone could please help and elaborate on the process of obtaining a DSDT and injecting AAPL,ig-platform-id, it would be greatly appreciated (maybe a link to a good guide).  I am very new to this so sorry about sounding noobish.  :)

Hi guys,

I got Mavericks dp1 to boot properly, using the myHack beta 8 USB creator. However, I cannot get LAN and Audio to work. I have installed the kexts both manually and using Kext Utility 2 (I read that Kext Utility was listed as an incompatible recommended utility for 10.9 so I installed them manually first), but they didn't work, even when I tried booting using UseKernelCache=No. I did not install the DTST to make HD4600 work fully, but I don't think that's what's stopping the LAN and Audio kexts from working.

Mobo: Gigabyte Z87X-UD5H, CPU: i7-4770k, GPU: GTX 680

I have made sure Network Stack is disabled in the BIOS. I am not using the beta bios, I'm using the version that came with the mobo (F5)

Kexts in Extra/Extensions (all of which were bundled with myHack with the exception of the LAN kext): AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext, AppleIntelE1000e.kext (the LAN kext), ApplePS2Controller.kext, FakeSMC, lspcidrv.kext, NullCPUPowerManagement.kext, Patched_10.7_AppleRTC.kext

I am rather new to this, so simple answers would be appreciated   :D

Thank you! :)

For audio I used VoodooHDA.kext (See post #24) and for networking installing AppleIntelE1000e.kext worked ok for me, maybe deleting the KernelCache if you haven't already done so?  I used chmod -R 755 and chown root:wheel instead of a Kext Utility.  Hope this helps a little!

Thanks to everybody on this thread for all the useful information you have already provided!

devdev001

• Like 1

Thank you for your reply :D

I will look into using VoodooHDA but is there a difference in sound quality between AppleHDA and VoodooHDA?

I have also used chmod -R 755 and chown root:wheel, not sure why LAN is still not working. Is it supposed to work after install, cache clear and reboot or is there something I missed? Sorry for sounding ignorant but this is my first hackintosh.

Thank you :)

OpenGL: 26.74 fps

An opportunity, your OpenGL performance is only only 1 point higher than my HD4000; should be 10 points higher.  Likely, no AGPM.  HD5000 PM is working in the Beta releases.  Two choices, enable Haswell PM with macbookair6,1 and a PikeRAlpha ssdt or edit AGPM with the IGPU plist from macbookair6,1 board-id to the sysdef/board-id you are using.  

I then disconnect the video card HD5770 single card HD4600.
Results have increased my score card. Not change SMBOS.plist.
Using 13.2 score 37.99 fps.
Thank you  by toleda 

Screen+Shot+2556-07-22+at+6.35.46+AM.png

Good point, will try that again :)   When I first tried it it didn't work, maybe I installed wrong or something.

devdev001

Just wanted to say that I installed to remove FakeSMC.kext Story by removing the S / L / E.

Extra then I go to the post instead.

From the trial version FakeSMC.kext 5.2.xxx not it boot into the machine.

I used to FakeSMC.kext version 8.1.865 to boot the machine.

I try and help me as well.

Thank c0ercion kozlek who helped develop the board Z87-x.  :D  :D

Hello everyone

I got ethernet and audio to work, but I am unable to file graphical stutter and glitches. On top of that, I have audio stutter too, in which the audio starts and stops. I'm thinking that installing the DSDT may fix the graphical glitches, but what about the audio stutter?

Also like devdev001, I am not too sure on how to install the DSDT, could someone help me with that please?

Thank you very much :)

• Like 1

Hello everyone

I got ethernet and audio to work, but I am unable to file graphical stutter and glitches. On top of that, I have audio stutter too, in which the audio starts and stops. I'm thinking that installing the DSDT may fix the graphical glitches, but what about the audio stutter?

Also like devdev001, I am not too sure on how to install the DSDT, could someone help me with that please?

Thank you very much :)

What boot flags are you using? I saw you have a GTX 680 Kepler based card. Try booting with GraphicsEnabler=No. 

I'm so close I can taste it but network is eluding me. I've dropped the E1000 kext in /Extra/Extentions, rebuild the cache and... nothing. Any troubleshooting steps someone can think of that I'm missing?

Have you checked permissions and ownership of the E1000 kext ? Use myHack to fix permissions and ownership or in Terminal :

sudo chown -R 0:0 /path/to/your/whatever.kext
sudo chmod -R 755 /path/to/your/whatever.kext

Try to load kext manually with :

sudo kextload /path/to/your/whatever.kext
  • Like 2

I'm so close I can taste it but network is eluding me. I've dropped the E1000 kext in /Extra/Extentions, rebuild the cache and... nothing. Any troubleshooting steps someone can think of that I'm missing?

I was having problems as well, as the kext would not load.  Moving it into System/Library/Extensions and rebuilding the kernelcache worked for me.

devdev001

I was having problems as well, as the kext would not load.  Moving it into System/Library/Extensions and rebuilding the kernelcache worked for me.

devdev001

Gah, that worked and I had to go and update.  The AppleHDA included in the pack on this thread doesn't see to work under DP4.  Can anyone confirm?