Jump to content
Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.


  • Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About phantom8

  • Rank
    InsanelyMac Protégé
  1. My HD4600 is working by adding the SSDT listed here. Thanks for bcc9 & others contribution. However, it's not 100% reliable in my setup. I'm using a Gigabyte Z87M-D3H with only internal Intel HD4600 connected to a Samsung LCD via DVI. When the system is booting up, there is 30% chance that the system will hang at grey screen with a mouse cursor. 70% chances the system boots up normally. If I change the DVI cable to a HDMI cable, the system will boot up normally every single time. Therefore, the problem is only related with a DVI connection. Does anyone has idea on why is it acting like this with DVI connection? [EDIT] After installing the latest DP6, the DVI problem is gone. This seems to be a bug in previous releases.
  2. I haven't done the HD4600 injection yet. This is what I'm gonna do next. From my initial reading, it looks like I need to use Aida64 in Windows to generate the ssdt first.
  3. My VT-d is already disabled. I haven't done any dsdt/ssdt injection to get the Hd4600 fully working. Will that result in the inability to boot without "-x"? Thanks! [EDIT] Problem resolved. It turns out the AppleIntelHD5000Graphics.kext was causing the problem. Removing this kext allows me to boot into system without "-x". Now, I need to add dsdt injection and put back the kext to get my HD4600 working.
  4. Thanks for the reply. I only have a DVI connection to the motherboard. There is no VGA monitor connected. I still can't figure what the conflict is. Also, there is no discrete graphics card in the system. Any other ideas?
  5. I'm also having the same problem. That is, I can only boot with safe mode "-x". If I boots up normally, the system will hang at somewhere around the Bluetooth message. Can anyone please help?
  6. The kext wizard won't work on USB. By default, the USB partition is mounted as no owner, which means kext wizard won't be able to change the ownerships of the files. I supposed you can try unmount and remount it manually without no owner option.
  7. Nice! Alternatively, you can simply add LegacyAppleAHCIPort.kext in /E/E folder. This ext has plist description for device id 0x2822 which will handle ICH8R/9R/10R bios raid setting.
  8. Hmm, I guess ATI & Nvidia behave differently. Here is my /var/log/kernel.log for the GPU Debug message dump which resulted in over 40 seconds delay in startup. Sep 2 18:24:50 simons-Mac kernel[0]: Ethernet [AppleYukon2]: Link up on en0, 100-Megabit, Full-duplex, Symmetric flow-control, Debug [796d,6f48,0de1,0200,45e1,4000] Sep 2 18:24:51 simons-Mac kernel[0]: ATY,Lamna: Not usable Sep 2 18:25:01 simons-Mac kernel[0]: ** Device in slot: SLOT--1 ** Sep 2 18:25:01 simons-Mac kernel[0]: ** GPU Debug Info Start ** Sep 2 18:25:01 simons-Mac kernel[0]: 0x00009598 Sep 2 18:25:01 simons-Mac kernel[0]: 0x000000d6 Sep 2 18:25:01 simons-Mac kernel[0]: 0x00000001 Sep 2 18:25:01 simons-Mac kernel[0]: 0x00000018 Sep 2 18:25:01 simons-Mac kernel[0]: 0x0000feae Sep 2 18:25:01 simons-Mac kernel[0]: 0x00000001 Sep 2 18:25:01: --- last message repeated 1 time --- Sep 2 18:25:01 simons-Mac kernel[0]: 0x00009598 .. .. Sep 2 18:25:46 simons-Mac kernel[0]: 0xdbc4972f Sep 2 18:25:46 simons-Mac kernel[0]: 0xd67c415a Sep 2 18:25:46 simons-Mac kernel[0]: ** GPU Debug Info End ** Sep 2 18:25:48 simons-Mac kernel[0]: NTFS driver 3.0 [Flags: R/W].
  9. Did you check the "/var/log/kernel.log" file? BTW, I've successfully disabled my Secondary ATI card and my OSX boots normal. No need to wait for 40-50 seconds.
  10. The reason you're experiencing longer boot time is because the GPU Debug info being generated to /var/log/kernel.log. Take a look at the kernel log file and you'll see a long listing of "GPU Debug Info" and time needed to dump those message are exactly the delay of the boot time. I guess the system probably encountered some error in dual display card config and output those GPU debug log. I'm using dual ATI cards and also experiencing a longer boot time. I'm trying to disable the secondary card by manually modifying dsdt.dsl, but not successful. If you know how to disable a graphics card being picked up by OSX, please help.
  11. I've dual ATI cards in my machine and I need to disable the secondary card so that it won't be picked up by OSX. I tried to disable it by modifying dsdt.dsl and then recompile it, but it didn't work. Does anyone know how to disable a certain device (such as graphics card) in dsdt.dsl, so that it won't be used by OSX?
  12. Hardware are all recognized correctly, including # of CPU cores and speed. Did anyone compare your xbench scores? Do you have any performance issues in SL?
  13. My xbench result of 10.6 is much worst than 10.5.8. My machine running OSX 10.5.8 is about 25% faster than 10.6. Here is my HW Config: - Asus P5K-E/WiFi-AP - Intel E8400 Core2Duo OC to 3.6GHz - 6GB DDR2-800 RAM - ATI 4850 - Seagate ST3500320AS for OSX 10.6, Hitachi HDT721010SLA360 for OSX 10.5.8 (My Seagate is a little faster than Hitachi due to larger cache) OSX 10.6 OSX 10.5.8
  14. Has anyone tried the ATI HD3650 on Snow Leopard yet? This card seems very problematic with Leopard versions after 10.5.2.
  15. I've successfully installed Snow Leopard on my Hackintosh, but there is no Extensions.mkext under /System/Library. Did Apple change the location of this file? I added some PlugIns and want to compile the kernel extension cache. How can I do that in SL? TIA.