Clover Themes

Slice
1,844 posts in this topic

Oh I got it, not only under UEFI but also Legacy with APFS has this issue as well. I can't explain better but, I think Clover assumes that Preboot & Recovery have a same UUID since they're just volumes inside an APFS Container which is 10.13 MacHDD, and only has one "os_hsierra.icns" for the GUI Entry.

So, do we need to create some new custom icons for these? I can't give a clear answer for now, sorry.

(and maybe, I was wrong; so plz correct it. Thanks).  :)

After you said I check the disk list from terminal and Primary Hd,Preboot,Recovery and VM drives are inside of the one container. Thats mean all connected one UUID because of that they are sharing one icon for each. Too bad probably no way to fix this right now cause there is no way to assign a new UUID for each one.

• Like 1

Wait, there's a problem; (using Clover Theme Manager) my previous themes which contain 1st same word need to be updated as well.. they are "Material" & "One".

So, what I should to used for theme name with 2 words; devided by a space with single quote, a dash, or underscore? It's strange to me. Thanks.  :rolleyes:

That is, I mean.. if later time I updated "OneHeart" theme with v1.1 (for example) another "One" also need to be updated as well << however the last "One" is still same version (so it actually re-downloaded instead of updated). Hmmb..  :rolleyes:

Hi Badruzeus

This was a server side scripting issue which I believe to have now fixed. If you have any further issues with this then please pm me your terminal output.

Regards

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have an issue with themes that have a fullscreen scaled background picture. Each such background is splitted in a half. It's better to show how it looks on the screenshots.

I'm using Clover r4259. Is it a bug?

Yes, it is new bug.

Make, please, preboot.log by pressing F2. It will be in /EFI/CLOVER/misc and upload here.

Yes, it is new bug.

Make, please, preboot.log by pressing F2. It will be in /EFI/CLOVER/misc and upload here.

Are you sure its a clover Bug?

No issue here 4259 on  my theme Clover-X

screen10.jpg

Now I will test metal

I also have no problem but I don't know his hardware and settings.

Again no issue  :)

Issue is from the repos I think the background on some themes is deform  :blush:

screen12.jpg

@Slice Look I dont know if the waves its normal @badruzeus can confim?

This background is download from Repos

git archive --remote=git://git.code.sf.net/p/cloverefiboot/themes HEAD themes/HighSierra| tar -x

backgr10.png

• Like 2

Again no issue  :)

Issue is from the repos I think the background on some themes is deform  :blush:

@Slice Look I dont know if the waves its normal @badruzeus can confim?

This background is download from Repos

git archive --remote=git://git.code.sf.net/p/cloverefiboot/themes HEAD themes/HighSierra| tar -x

What should I confirm? What is normal?

This is not a 1080 p

Teste 1080p

Your only to check background from REPOS 

See BGM background Themes is also deform

open the background with preview and you will see

No issue here, I've recently tested all my 18 themes collection (+ @blackosx's embedded && @Slice's metal), after reinstalling them from repo and boot Legacy r4259 w/o problem on GUI. But I just noticed that last installing hSierra (10.13.1 Beta 3) with APFS it did "something" to my EFI Partiton and got some corrupted datas reported by "sudo dosfsck /dev/sda1" under Linux, so I did repair. Though it might also caused by my badsector HDD (the fact is, there's no). FYi, I'm using Mechanical HDD so for me, it's better stick with HFS+ (for now). Not sure if it also occurres on SSD with APFS. I remember it also happened with DP1 initial release months ago with real MBP formatted as APFS.

@chris1111: yes, HighSierra bkg above is exactly same as *.psd background file on my local mach.

• Like 1

boot screen shot from a 1366x 768 laptop, I know its look ok

your not need to boot, your only to open the image on screen 1920x1080  in preview to see if the image is deform

I have one background image in my theme deform. its Hackintosh-MF

Edit ****  I think the issue is from Upload and Download

boot screen shot from a 1366x 768 laptop, I know its look ok

your not need to boot, your only to open the image in preview to see if the image is deform

I have one background image in my theme deform. its Hackintosh-MF

Edit ****  I think the issue is from Upload and Download

Not sure @chris1111: I even compared two backgrounds from a same theme; 1st) From my local repo, 2nd) Remote >> both give exactly same MD5 checksum..

So I think there's no issue with theme's files on the repo. (ha haa, if there's any change, $ git pull simply gives report LoL  :P )

#EDIT: for 2nd) point is downloaded minutes ago.

skUbOQC.jpg

Not sure @chris1111: I even compared two backgrounds from a same theme; 1st) From my local repo, 2nd) Remote >> both give exactly same MD5 checksum..

So I think there's no issue with theme's files on the repo. (ha haa, if there's any change, $ git pull simply gives report LoL  :P )

#EDIT: for 2nd) point is downloaded minutes ago.

you not see the Wave in the background 

otherwise perfect

• Like 1

I found a very simple app for High Sierra compressing the .png image very well and that does not deform the images

this backgroung was deforming before I recompressed my original  it with this app

The name is ImageOptim ➤ Code Source Image Optim

Result is very nice  :thumbsup_anim:

the app is attaching in ZIP

screen13.jpg

ImageOptim.zip

• Like 4

I found a very simple app for High Sierra compressing the .png image very well and that does not deform the images

this backgroung was deforming before I recompressed my original  it with this app

The name is ImageOptim ➤ Code Source Image Optim

Result is very nice  :thumbsup_anim:

So, what's app u were using for *.png compression b4 ImageOptim? OFC, it's GUI image compressor that also uses pngquant.. afaik.  :P

• Like 2

you not see the Wave in the background 

otherwise perfect

To be honest, I'm still curious what U mean with "Wavy background", is it:

1. On bootloader screen (vesa), or

2. Under running macOS (with it's color profile)..?

For point 1) I also have question; is CustomEDID also applied on Vesa mode? (though afaik, it doesn't change on coloring).

For point 2) it's complicated, I usually use sRGB for color profile when designing, no need for me to say that my display is calibrated bcoz we may have it different; Monitor HW with it's personalities.

If U mean is point 2), I think a simulation below could help; (sorry, screenshot taken under Ubuntu Linux).

~ The left side is using Firefox (sRGB: it matches with my design concept for coloring),

~ while the right one is Chrome (My Native, non-sRGB Monitor: The blue color transition looks wavy & becomes a little bit purple).

Both are previewing a same image: Aquatic iPhone X CC 2018.png

Plz test it on ur display, if it looks like the right one; I guess U need to calibrate ur Display (or using sRGB). Thanks.  :)

Aquatic iPhone X CC 20

BNK1Dfb.png

To be honest, I'm still curious what U mean with "Wavy background", is it:

1. On bootloader screen (vesa), or

2. Under running macOS (with it's color profile)..?

For point 1) I also have question; is CustomEDID also applied on Vesa mode? (though afaik, it doesn't change on coloring).

For point 2) it's complicated, I usually use sRGB for color profile when designing, no need for me to say that my display is calibrated bcoz we may have it different; Monitor HW with it's personalities.

If U mean is point 2), I think a simulation below could help; (sorry, screenshot taken under Ubuntu Linux).

~ The left side is using Firefox (sRGB: it matches with my design concept for coloring),

~ while the right one is Chrome (My Native, non-sRGB Monitor: The blue color transition looks wavy & becomes a little bit purple).

Both are previewing a same image: Aquatic iPhone X CC 2018.png

Plz test it on ur display, if it looks like the right one; I guess U need to calibrate ur Display (or using sRGB). Thanks.  :)

Aquatic iPhone X CC 20

BNK1Dfb.png

I mean in boot 

I'm talking about the background on starting clover themes

how can the background be correct if it is already deformed in the themes ?

• Like 1

I mean in boot 

I'm talking about the background on starting clover themes

how can the background be correct if it is already deformed in the themes ?

OK, but only on 1080p? So, plz give me ur screenshot using a theme with deformed background.

(Bcoz I my self, don't have this monitor reso LoL). Thanks.  :D

@Badruzeus

Understand although I do not want to criticize or belittle your themes here

I try to understand what causes the deformation

Do you believe that this is normal in the backgrond of Gothic themes
This has nothing to do with a screen calibration ??

EDIT **
This picture is from the original background on the repos
how it can be correct in the boot

captur12.jpg

@Badruzeus

Understand although I do not want to criticize or belittle your themes here

I try to understand what causes the deformation

Do you believe that this is normal in the backgrond of Gothic themes
This has nothing to do with a screen calibration ??

EDIT **
This picture is from the original background on the repos
how it can be correct in the boot

captur12.jpg

No worry @chris, I think critics is important for me..

Yes, it's normal. Actually, just bcoz when saving as web; I used 8-bit PNG instead of 24,

(my bad playing with) gradient, it becomes wavy LoL.  :lol: (for smaller size).

And about the black color arround the background, it was eraser tool did.

But I'm sure it would be different if using this one (24-bit bigger png file):

background_24bit_png_Gothic.zip

No worry @chris, I think critics is important for me..

Yes, it's normal. Actually, just bcoz when saving as web; I used 8-bit PNG instead of 24,

(my bad playing with) gradient, it becomes wavy LoL.  :lol: (for smaller size).

And about the black color arround the background, it was eraser tool did.

But I'm sure it would be different if using this one (24-bit bigger png file):

Its little bit better but your not the only one see some background is Wavy :blush:

I change  one Background of my theme Hackintosh-MF this theme is not in repos but the background is deformed after Compresing

:yes:  I recompress my orinal and its good  :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

it worked on my last monitor 1080p. but now i have 1440p monitor that it seem low resolutions. i changed on config.plist but not change

Well, to be honest.. I was planning to upload this new theme named "HighSierra" on September 25th, but yeah.. we know, on that App*le day I'm pretty sure people will be busy updating their mach with a new macOS release, instead of just install a new theme GUI, LoL :P . Not sure why this theme named "HighSierra", except blurred background (with a little bit darker level) and Selection_big inspired (or borrowed) from 10.13's new Siri.app icon, just a same concept as previous "Clovernity" theme in ellipse icons though.

buuASK9.png

Enjoy:angel_not: