[GUIDE] 1st Generation Intel HD Graphics QE/CI

GhostRaider

2,093 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, Hervé said:

:whistle:It seems it eluded you that there is no native support for 1st gen Intel HD beyond High Sierra 10.13. Since it was dropped by Apple in Mojave (and beyond), there are no kexts for it so, indeed, you won't find any in /S/L/E !

thanks. I am very frustrated. why so many others can use it in Mojave with QE/CI, use the way from macrumors. I tried three times. every time I place the two frameworks files. system crashed. when I reboot, there are thousands lines crashed messages showed up. I have to re-install OS again. tomorrow I will try a last time.

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/macos-10-14-mojave-on-unsupported-macs-thread.2121473/page-497#post-27152791

Screen Shot 2020-01-17 at 19.07.56.png

• 1 month later...

Hello.

I have this board.

http://global.aopen.com/products_detail.aspx?auno=3056

It has Arrandale i5 and HM55 chipset, but it's a desktop system.

1920 x 1080 from DVI port

WhateverGreen + lilu

Kext to Patch= dual link patch 1+3+4 (page 79)

Inject Intel=True

FakeID=0x00000000

Vanila10.13.6(17G11023)

Stuck just before getting Apple Logo.

I can boot only with FakeID=0x12345678.

Can I get QE/CI enable?

Please help me.

Sorry for my poor English.

config-aopen.plist

ACPI-origin.zip

Edited by vtec100000000rpm

Well technically VGA output does work, but not in the way its suppose to. For example, for my Gateway laptop (should also happen to Acer laptops as well) if you patch the framebuffer with LVDS+VGA, and you restart your computer, connect the VGA monitor once the Apple boot screen appears and at one point, the VGA display will display the exact same thing as the internal LCD. However, the VGA monitor isn't detected at all and you can't change the resolution of it. In other words, the VGA output gets activated and transmits a picture, but never actually detects the actual VGA display.

Lenovo G560 Core i7 620m has Anyone been able to get the external display to work correctly? Even if the lid is closed but you really need a VGA output

And some apps and the chrome browser have artifacts, for example the map app splits into squares

High Sierra 10.13.6 System

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/6/2019 at 7:22 PM, MacPeet said:

1. Create USB flash drive (16GB) with dosdude's macOS Catalina Patcher 1.0b6 or higher
2. Then I have in usb/Applications/Utilities/macOS Post Install/Contents/Resources/videocardpatches/intelarrandalegraphics/  replaced the 5 IntelHD kexts with my 5 patched kexts
3. Then install Catalina from the USB flash drive (two-stage)
4. Then boot again from the USB flash drive and run the post-installer.
5. Then boot Catalina.
finished

Hey. I tried the same method, but, while installing, at about 4 minutes left, I get the message : "An error occurred while preparing the installation. Try running the application later".

Can you please help me? 

I have an i5-520m

21 hours ago, MacPeet said:

@shivaay1234

Do you already have patched graphics Kext's for your computer with i5-520m? (for example for Yosemite, Capitan, HS, Mojave)
If not, then I can not help, then read post #1 in this thread.

Yes, I do have them. Mojave runs perfectly for me with qe/ci.

And, I think that 4gb ram might be the issue, because, the installer runs, which means, no graphics issues. It's just that at 4 minutes left, it gives that error...

Edited by shivaay1234

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys. I have installed ElCapitan on my CF-31 Panasonic i3-350. I got bluetooth right out of the box, later with little playlist patching I got the Atheros 9285 wifi working as well and the conexant audio with vodoo. I even have touchscreen support although it needs recalibration. But no matter what patches I use I can't get QE/CI. If I don't use 0x12345678 fake id with patched kexts I reach a white screen during boot and I cannot continue even with the DSDT patch. Any suggestions? I tried Clover on the fly patches as well to no avail. I will try Sierra as I see some successful stories.

Edited by startergo

On 2/11/2019 at 11:56 PM, Badruzeus said:

Nope, but old @mnorthern DSDT patching method is still working for getting my Native (ACPI) Brightness on macOS Mojave 10.14.3 with the help of Rehabman's IntelBacklight.kext. The only issue is Fn+Keys for Brightness change didn't work, neither Slider on Display pref (I've applied ACPIDebug + Intrument_QXX to get my Fn+Keys through patched DSDT, no issue with 10.11.x).

Ah, nevermind.. BergDesign's Brightness.app is still good; it uses ACPI way.. doesn't spread the Screen with Black Fill color. My screenshot below is when using the app on 50% level, if you see it darker on your screen.. probably I was wrong. (Slider & Bezel are just cosmetics #LoL Brightness is accessible via Top MenuBar, and it looks like hidden bcoz Mojave DarkMode)

Screenshot 2019-02-12 at 00.47.32.png

IntelBacklight.kext_v1.0.12.zip

Hey, @Badruzeus, I recently got catalina up and running on my 1st gem laptop. Fixed all issues, except this brightness thing. Bergdesign's app is 32-bit, so can't use it with catalina. I have tried other apps, but they just make the screen black colour. Any other app which uses ACPI way? 64-bit?

On April 30, 2020 at 10:08 PM, startergo said:

Hi guys. I have installed ElCapitan on my CF-31 Panasonic i3-350. I got bluetooth right out of the box, later with little playlist patching I got the Atheros 9285 wifi working as well and the conexant audio with vodoo. I even have touchscreen support although it needs recalibration. But no matter what patches I use I can't get QE/CI. If I don't use 0x12345678 fake id with patched kexts I reach a white screen during boot and I cannot continue even with the DSDT patch. Any suggestions? I tried Clover on the fly patches as well to no avail. I will try Sierra as I see some successful stories.

Can someone help me with the white screen on second stage boot if I disable igfx spoofing? Attached are the EDID dumps and the intel_reg_dump as well as the LSPCI output and the patched  DSDT file.

Archive.zip

DSDT.dsl

3 hours ago, shivaay1234 said:

Hey, @Badruzeus, I recently got catalina up and running on my 1st gem laptop. Fixed all issues, except this brightness thing. Bergdesign's app is 32-bit, so can't use it with catalina. I have tried other apps, but they just make the screen black colour. Any other app which uses ACPI way? 64-bit?

No idea, probably rolling back /S*/L*/PrivateFrameworks/CoreBrightness* from 10.12.4 + Rehabman's IntelBacklight.kext w/o Berg's Design Brightness app?

12 hours ago, Badruzeus said:

No idea, probably rolling back /S*/L*/PrivateFrameworks/CoreBrightness* from 10.12.4 + Rehabman's IntelBacklight.kext w/o Berg's Design Brightness app?

Thanks for the help, but doesn't seem to work. I'll probably just downgrade to Mojave for now...

• Haha 1

On 5/2/2020 at 8:10 AM, shivaay1234 said:

Hello! Can you help me to get Catalina to work on my 1st. HD Graphics???

while installing, at about 4 minutes left, I get the message : "An error occurred while preparing the installation. Try running the application later".

Can you please help me? 

6 hours ago, irako said:

Hello! Can you help me to get Catalina to work on my 1st. HD Graphics???

while installing, at about 4 minutes left, I get the message : "An error occurred while preparing the installation. Try running the application later".

Can you please help me? 

Yeah, I get the same thing, but, just restart your laptop, and then boot into the partition install macos from your hard drive, not the USB, and it will continue the installation.

On 5/5/2020 at 7:49 AM, shivaay1234 said:

Yeah, I get the same thing, but, just restart your laptop, and then boot into the partition install macos from your hard drive, not the USB, and it will continue the installation.

I already did that, and it install and then reboot and install again and reboot and install again and continues that like forever... Have you another suggestion???... Or a kind of guide???

8 hours ago, irako said:

I already did that, and it install and then reboot and install again and reboot and install again and continues that like forever... Have you another suggestion???... Or a kind of guide???

No. I don't have a guide. I tried that myself and it worked...

Hi everyone, 

I've trying to enable full QE/CI on a Sony Vaio VPCEB17FL i3-330M processor with Sierra 10.12.6, but after 2 weeks I try every possible combination arround the web, this is not my first hackintosh and the result is always a gray screen. The only way I can be able to get the desktop is with VESA mode (clover -- inject igfx -- fakeid 0x12345678), I've read that most of sony's laptop have this issue but i don't want to give up jet.

I think the problem is setting the link width but I don't know how to set mine here is my Intel_Reg.txt, VPCEB17FL.ioregDSDT.aml and config.plist. Everything else works perfect almost oob.

Thanks in advance for any possible solution.

@GhostRaider

@giofrida

@mnorthern

@Hervé

Edited by crazycyber
add files

Hp Elitebook 2540p 

• Intel Core i7-640LM 2.13GHz Dual-Core Processor (4MB Cache)
  • Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
  • 12.1-inch WXGA anti-glare (1280 x 800)
  • Intel GMA HD integrated graphics
  • 4GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM (2GB x 2GB)
  • 250GB 5400rpm 1.8-inch SATA II
  • DVD+/-RW optical drive
  • Intel 6200AGN Wifi, gigabit Ethernet, modem and Bluetooth connectivity
  • 6-Cell 62WHr battery
  • Three-year warranty
  • Dimensions: 11.1 x 8.4 x 1.10 inches (with 6-cell battery)
  • Weight: 3.97 pounds with 6-cell battery
  • Help me  guys 
  • Graphic patch I don't understand 
  • El Capitan 11.6 latest from appstore
  • Latest clover 5116 

Capture.JPG

Capture0.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Intel HD 2000 graphics but its not arrandale. Its SandyBridge, Celeron CPU 847 1.10ghz

I checked on Ubunto and it uses LVDS display, so it should work somehow right?

How can i make it out to work?

Im in High Sierra 10.13

I managed earlier to the system recognize as Intel HD 3000 with 1,024 VRAM, but still was too slow 

On 5/10/2020 at 12:15 AM, crazycyber said:

Hi everyone, 

I've trying to enable full QE/CI on a Sony Vaio VPCEB17FL i3-330M processor with Sierra 10.12.6, but after 2 weeks I try every possible combination arround the web, this is not my first hackintosh and the result is always a gray screen. The only way I can be able to get the desktop is with VESA mode (clover -- inject igfx -- fakeid 0x12345678), I've read that most of sony's laptop have this issue but i don't want to give up jet.

I think the problem is setting the link width but I don't know how to set mine here is my Intel_Reg.txt, VPCEB17FL.ioregDSDT.aml and config.plist. Everything else works perfect almost oob.

Thanks in advance for any possible solution.

@GhostRaider

@giofrida

@mnorthern

@Hervé

Why nobody answers? I know is an old thread but at least one "isn't possible" will be kind