OS X compatible motherboard -> QUO

meklort
4,397 posts in this topic

Hey there, did this H3C injection help with your screen artifacts?

Thank you.

No, it doesn't. Maybe if you disable Intel injection?But for myself, the goal was to get the gfe dvi2 working by disabling nvidia injection, and to not have to use the igpu. So igpu is active but not connected, I can have Air Mirroring without "screen unplugged beeps". I have just updated my gfe vbios to gop vbios.

Finally got back to this. Last time (days ago) I left it on the black screen and now today I came back and it actually had booted, but it was apparently not done with the update to 10.11.2. I let that finish and it was working but I decided to do a clean install and, after a few issues (apparently diskmaker x uses clover, or didn't delete the clover installer I had made before on the same stick) and about a 15 cycle boot loop after time machine restore everything's up and running. I don't seem to be having any time machine related boot issues or nvidia problems. Great work, devs. Now I just need to fiddle with the default plist to get my SMBIOS sorted out.

Edit: Spoke too soon. Don't have any sound. I'll have to work on it. I think probably because I had tried installing VoodooHDA manually back on 1479 and it got restored with my Time Machine backup. Oddly enough, sound was working on 1669/10.11.1 before the re-install.

Edit2: Removed VoodooHDA and HDADisabler and after a couple reboots all's working again. 

Things that make you go Mmmmmm

This only happens to me when running El Capitan, does not do it under Yosemite or Windows (my main OS is still Yosemite)

I experience the same behavior whith H3C.1479 and H3A.1669M.

When I do a shutdown everything goes normally until the CPU halted message (i have verbose mode on)

Under Yosemite CPU halted message -> Power supply cuts the power almost instantly

Under El Capitan CPU halted mesage -> There is a clear delay (would say about 20-30 seconds) before power supply cuts the power

Any idea where I could look for hints on what is going on ?

Found a fix for this : Delete com.apple.UserEventAgent-LoginWindow.plist and UserEventAgent-Aqua.plist from /System/Library/LaunchAgents. You need to disable SIP to do this or you can do it by booting a non-El Cap partition.

Works great for me

Let's not turn this into a "me too" thread, but I already replied privately and confirming here now that this update solved all my issues.

---

Editing to avoid my post being misunderstood :D What I should have wrote is:

"I don't want to turn this into a "me too" thread" but this update solved all my issues and I have already thanked privately for it" :)

...there, this is much better put! :)

It might be sound stupid , but this mobo does not seem to offer real OOB solution.

Moreover it is not even a great piece of hardware , so really a do not understand the enthusiasm around it.

This is only a personal opinion based on what I'm reading , but on the market there are far better mobos , easy to configure with far better hardware.

It might be sound stupid , but this mobo does not seem to offer real OOB solution.

Moreover it is not even a great piece of hardware , so really a do not understand the enthusiasm around it.

This is only a personal opinion based on what I'm reading , but on the market there are far better mobos , easy to configure with far better hardware.

I think you need to bear in mind that this thread started in January 2013, with the boards becoming available mid 2013. Intel doesn't stand still. For the versions of OS X at that time, with the Ozmosis BIOS, it was truly compatible. Updates to OS X, even new OS X releases, could be installed without needing any of the patching and tweaking that pretty much all other hacks needed. Apple have moved the goalposts considerably since then, with Yosemite and El Cap, and understandably the developers have had to do some catching up. All credit to them for doing it.

Show me a mATX with FireWare 800 and 2 Thunderbolt ports...

Even after more then two years this board has no equal, and if you ask me, will never have.

...even any mATX board with thunderbolt. shockingly none other have ever shipped (at least in US). You have a very few options using add-on TB2 cards, but then you sacrifice one of your few PCIe slots. The need for FW800 has waned considerably since this board was released (and frankly they never delivered on that because they never offered the proper brackets as they promised) but I do look forward to hopefully seeing mATX boards with TB3/USBC ports. Don't think i've seen any of those yet either.

g\

There is nothing to shock about adding thunderbolt on board, first is not cheap at all, and second the process of getting the board certified (Apple is part of the group) is PITA, that is why major vendors decided to put it outside on pcie card.

This is why I always laugh when I see people complain on price of the board with thunderbolt vs same board but without...

Ummm... your not only paying for the great connectivity (thunderbolt Firewire 800 and 400) but your getting the exact connections a high end mac would have and the most compatible hardware possible for hackintosh. I cant tell you how many times ive had clients come in with an old firewire 400 or 800 hard drive ( this is because alot of pro audio users use older macs ) and If I didnt have that option, Id be {censored}ed and lose out on a paying session.. Id buy another Quo motherboard in a heartbeat..

Here the one I did some days ago: http://www.mediafire.com/download/cyqxi4mp3ctg6le/Z77MXQUOAOS.H3C.1669M.ROM, it's H3C updated with 1669. I'm currently using it, hope it can help.

Hey Alberto,

First and foremost thanks for the updated H3C. I updated with 0 problems directly through mountain lion after updating bios (yea, old school, i know). The only thing Im noticing is 10.11.12 is not correctly reading the ram in the "about this" section. I've been looking in the forums and can't find a fix for this. Is it purely cosmetic? hmm....

I did check via-bios and it is reading all 24gigs of ram, just not via-el capitan.

UPDATE: It is purely cosmetic. El Capitan incorrectly was displaying Ram and Cpu info. All was working in the back end! Just thought I'd let everyone know to save some time!

• Like 1

Hey Alberto,

First and foremost thanks for the updated H3C.

UPDATE: It is purely cosmetic. El Capitan incorrectly was displaying Ram and Cpu info. All was working in the back end! Just thought I'd let everyone know to save some time!

You do realize 1669 is old right?

Took the chance with the new BIOS and so far, it's the most stable since 1479.  This seemed to also correct screen artifacts with 2nd monitor for HD 4000 graphics (artifacts from DVI output). I'll continue to test but so far, very impressed. I may actually make the jump over to El Capitan (10.11.2) on a second partition. Thanks to all that were involved in creating the new update.

You do realize 1669 is old right?

Yea, I kinda figured it out once I installed it. It was the only one that worked without any major problems compared to the other bios versions oddly enough.

I've tried the most recent h20 x-mass release and it just gives me a black screen. I did remove the graphics card and unplug all the drives. Still isn't working for me.

Yea, I kinda figured it out once I installed it. It was the only one that worked without any major problems compared to the other bios versions oddly enough.

I've tried the most recent h20 x-mass release and it just gives me a black screen. I did remove the graphics card and unplug all the drives. Still isn't working for me.

Bad luck then.